Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,833 members, 7,935,611 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 12:18 PM

I Won't Condone Looting Of Resources, Says Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won't Condone Looting Of Resources, Says Buhari (1261 Views)

We Are Reviewing My Campaign Promises Because Of Resources - Obaseki / We Won't Condone Power System Collapse - Fashola / We’ll No Longer Condone Opposition- Sponsored Protests – PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won't Condone Looting Of Resources, Says Buhari by Nobody: 11:02pm On Apr 04, 2015
President-elect, General Muhammadu Buhari, has assured
Nigerians that he would manage state resources with
utmost responsibility and honesty and will not condone the
looting of public resources.
Buhari who spoke on Saturday while receiving a delegation
of the people of his home state, Katsina regretted that the
citizens had been made poorer by the 16 years of PDP
maladministration in spite of the fact that the country
received more income in that period than at any other time.
He also assured that savings from his war against
corruption will be plunged into financing education with the
objective of empowering the citizens.
” If you give education to a man or woman, you have
empowered them to be productive. There is no better way to
empowerment”.
The President-elect, who exchanged banters with old
schoolmates and kinsmen, among the 130-odd delegation
spoke about his resolve to work with all Nigerians to pull the
citizens out of the current hardships facing them.
He expressed his commitment to sustaining multi-party
democracy which he said is the best system of government
and appealed to all citizens to imbibe courage and
perseverance.
The leaders of the delegation who spoke on the occasion
included the state Chairman of the Katsina State chapter of
the All Progressives Congress (APC), Engineer Mustapha
Mohammed Inuwa; a former Governor of the state, Alhaji
Saidu Barda, a leading Muslim Cleric, a representative of
federal legislators and a representative of the traditional
institutions in the state.
They all pledged their support and commitment to the in-
coming Buhari administration and promised to avoid the
mistakes of others by imbibing humility and respect for all
sections of the country.

thenationonlineng.net/new/i-wont-condone-looting-of-public-resources-says-buhari/
Re: I Won't Condone Looting Of Resources, Says Buhari by emmysoftyou: 11:06pm On Apr 04, 2015
Yes o, yu better don't condone it..
Looting the resources and wealth of this great nation is bad and it kills the economy..

But pls don't forget to eradicate/alleviates poverty and curtailed the governance's emolument..

Mr president,show them the aptitude of enough is enough..

Nigeria must be better,Amen..

1 Like

Re: I Won't Condone Looting Of Resources, Says Buhari by Precioussilas10: 11:16pm On Apr 04, 2015
We have been fooled around for too long.Politicians have been jiving us for years..We just pray you are the change we truly seek.
Re: I Won't Condone Looting Of Resources, Says Buhari by AmucheJane(f): 11:21pm On Apr 04, 2015
Talk less and do more. Action speaks louder than voice.
Re: I Won't Condone Looting Of Resources, Says Buhari by Nobody: 11:24pm On Apr 04, 2015
Yes
Re: I Won't Condone Looting Of Resources, Says Buhari by pazienza(m): 11:50pm On Apr 04, 2015
I wonder how much someone has to loot, before Buhari sees it as looting? Abacha stole Billions yet to Buhari Abacha didn't loot.

Maybe one has to steal trillions for it to amount to looting in Buhari's eyes.

2 Likes

Re: I Won't Condone Looting Of Resources, Says Buhari by Nobody: 11:53pm On Apr 04, 2015
Precioussilas10:
We have been fooled around for too long.Politicians have been jiving us for years..We just pray you are the change we truly seek.

But you know Bihari is lying blindly. He has neither the strength nor will to deal a death blow to corruption. He is already playing to the gallery of the corrupt. OBJ said the same thing, Yar'Adua and GEJ. Now Buhari is singing the same sour tune. Keep quiet. Strengthen our Institutions, reconvene a fora to reform thos military and religion tainted constitution. Sack the ministers that have mismanaged the economy and make the Efcc autonomous , remove immunity clause for seating public officials including the president. U see it is not by mouth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Won't Condone Looting Of Resources, Says Buhari by Wendyslim(f): 11:54pm On Apr 04, 2015
Man of principle
Re: I Won't Condone Looting Of Resources, Says Buhari by Nobody: 11:55pm On Apr 04, 2015
AmucheJane:
Talk less and do more. Action speaks louder than voice.
Let him know
Re: I Won't Condone Looting Of Resources, Says Buhari by Nobody: 12:11am On Apr 05, 2015
Buhari with Tinubu by your side? I doubt it

1 Like

Re: I Won't Condone Looting Of Resources, Says Buhari by Precioussilas10: 12:35am On Apr 05, 2015
voltron:

But you know Bihari is lying blindly. He has neither the strength nor will to deal a death blow to corruption. He is already playing to the gallery of the corrupt. OBJ said the same thing, Yar'Adua and GEJ. Now Buhari is singing the same sour tune. Keep quiet. Strengthen our Institutions, reconvene a fora to reform thos military and religion tainted constitution. Sack the ministers that have mismanaged the economy and make the Efcc autonomous , remove immunity clause for seating public officials including the president. U see it is not by mouth
I lost my trust factor for them long ago.They keep playing that same old con game on us and we have a very short memory to recall their antecedental promises.
Re: I Won't Condone Looting Of Resources, Says Buhari by abduljabbar4(m): 12:50am On Apr 05, 2015
pazienza:
I wonder how much someone has to loot, before Buhari sees it as looting? Abacha stole Billions yet to Buhari Abacha didn't loot.

Maybe one has to steal trillions for it to amount to looting in Buhari's eyes.
You should be thanking God that your militant Jona has been spared

1 Like

Re: I Won't Condone Looting Of Resources, Says Buhari by abduljabbar4(m): 1:02am On Apr 05, 2015
voltron:

He doesn't have the power to remove the immunity clause. You people should wait for him to be sworn in na. Is that what we did to GEJ? Look we are the ones that are supposed to criticize first. Not some dumb fools who didn't vote for him.
Re: I Won't Condone Looting Of Resources, Says Buhari by tonytony208(m): 1:28am On Apr 05, 2015
abduljabbar4:

You should be thanking God that your militant Jona has been spared
How come you empty APC pple keep on concentrating on gej but you try to cover up tinubu, fashola, bukola saraki, amechi, Fatah Ahmed, obj et al? Corruption is in the camp of APC already. Kill corruption in your camp first and we will take you serious about fight against corruption.
Re: I Won't Condone Looting Of Resources, Says Buhari by help3852: 4:34am On Apr 05, 2015
Hah hahaha

Tell GMB, i said he won't know that looting is going on, just like he couldn't account for 2. 8million dollars under his watch as PTDF boss.

Stealing now wears a new face, its more scientific.

Eg Tinubu may never be persecuted successfully because, he uses his coys to work as consultant firms for Lagos State government and they transfer billions to the coys under the guise that they are working for the government.

Fashola will never disclose the amount. Unless mules are planted to leak info.

Under GEJ, if not mules planted by OBJ/APC to leak info, GEJ would not even know that funds are missing. Though APC/OBJ did it to sabotage the government
Re: I Won't Condone Looting Of Resources, Says Buhari by since1914(m): 7:39am On Apr 05, 2015
help3852:
Hah hahaha

Tell GMB, i said he won't know that looting is going on, just like he couldn't account for 2. 8million dollars under his watch as PTDF boss.

Stealing now wears a new face, its more scientific.

Eg Tinubu may never be persecuted successfully because, he uses his coys to work as consultant firms for Lagos State government and they transfer billions to the coys under the guise that they are working for the government.

Fashola will never disclose the amount. Unless mules are planted to leak info.

Under GEJ, if not mules planted by OBJ/APC to leak info, GEJ would not even know that funds are missing. Though APC/OBJ did it to sabotage the government

Good observation! But you must also remember that it is not the duty of the President to fish out corrupt people. Rather, it is the duty of everyone of the over 170 million Nigerians to do so. It is our duty to call his attention to every case of corruption we come across, only after which, it becomes his duty to act on them. The President - elect has promised to push for the passage of the 'whistle Blowers Act' within his first 100 days in office, and I think that is where we will start fighting corruption from. As Nigerians, we must hold him to his words and ensure that those laws are enacted so that any citizen with valuable information can bring it forward without fear of victimisation.

Secondly, it is important that every Nigerian knows that, you don't need to catch people red - handed to know whether they are corrupt or not. Anybody who lives above his means should be an instant candidate for criminal investigation. When your neighbour who Is a level 14 officer in the Civil Service starts buying brand new cars and building houses all over the place, it is your duty to bring it to the notice of authorities. Some of these criminals are so smart that we might never be able to pinpoint how, or even what they steal, but we can at least question the source of their wealth.

1 Like

Re: I Won't Condone Looting Of Resources, Says Buhari by abduljabbar4(m): 9:40am On Apr 05, 2015
tonytony208:

How come you empty APC pple keep on concentrating on gej but you try to cover up tinubu, fashola, bukola saraki, amechi, Fatah Ahmed, obj et al? Corruption is in the camp of APC already. Kill corruption in your camp first and we will take you serious about fight against corruption.
We are looking for grand thieves not petty thieves. Add all those peoples looting it. Won't match maduekes stealing
Re: I Won't Condone Looting Of Resources, Says Buhari by abduljabbar4(m): 9:42am On Apr 05, 2015
tonytony208:

We are looking for grand thieves not petty thieves. Add all those peoples looting it. Won't match maduekes stealing alone
Re: I Won't Condone Looting Of Resources, Says Buhari by tonytony208(m): 11:47am On Apr 05, 2015
abduljabbar4:

We are looking for grand thieves not petty thieves. Add all those peoples looting it. Won't match maduekes stealing alone

Your love for self deception is understandable; one of the features of an APC member is self deception.

(1) (Reply)

#kebbi2015 - S.Y. Bello For Governor / This Yam, This Goat, This Country: PwC And NNPC – Part 1 & 2 (by Feyi Fawehinmi) / Gov. Fayose Will Not See The End Of 2015 As Ekiti Governor- Prophet Tibetan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.