Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,765 members, 7,875,923 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:08 AM

Our Biggest Mistake Was To Appoint Fani- Kayode As Jonathan’s Campaign Manager - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Our Biggest Mistake Was To Appoint Fani- Kayode As Jonathan’s Campaign Manager (65239 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Visits Femi Fani-Kayode As They Hug (Photo) / 'Mama A, Wifey': Fani-Kayode As His Wife Precious Steps Out Looking Stunning / Photos From PDP Presidential Campaign Rally in Sokoto, As Jonathan Visits Sultan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Biggest Mistake Was To Appoint Fani- Kayode As Jonathan’s Campaign Manager by Nobody: 1:08am On Apr 06, 2015
Nice365:
FFK indirectly garnered votes for Buhari. Watching and listening to him say certain things about Buhari and APC made me like Buhari the more. Most comments made by FFK about Buhari to make him look wicked and undemocratic were attributes people saw as good qualities to solve Nigeria's problems at this time. Were there no reasonable people in PDP to have read between the lines all the while they allowed FFK to be their Spokes person? This wasn't a one day event, the madness was exhibited for a very long period of time without a cure.
For me, PDP all failed together as they were unable to cure,tackle or control the madness exhibited by FFK.
What does FFK take Nigerians for?? People that could be easily fooled? That man is a disgrace to this nation.

Gbam! Its like u're reading my mind. Sometimes I don't blame those who call Jona clueless and daft. Why d hell wud he buy a parrot like FFK after all d harsh criticisms FFK meted on him? Is he that daft or is there a 'spell' he was planning to cast on Nigerians so we all suffer collective amnesia?

- A former Aviation Minister, Femi Fani-Kayode, said President Goodluck Jonathan by his misrule is leaving a legacy of “destruction and disaster” in Nigeria.
Speaking at a book launch in Lagos on Wednesday, Mr. Fani-Kayode, in a speech titled ”A Date with Destiny,” said the administration of Mr. Jonathan has plunged the country into financial recklessness, bloodbath (apart from during the civil war) and total misrule never before experienced in the country.
On the planned amnesty for the violent insurgent group, Boko Haram, the former minister said it is an “inglorious endeavour” and an “exercise in futility” that will “set a dangerous precedent.”
“4,400 precious souls cut short and slaughtered like chicken by Boko Haram in the last two years. How can our government sleep well at night with all that innocent blood that has flowed whilst they are at the helm of affairs of our nation?” the former minister said.
“More innocent souls have been killed in the last 2 years by terrorists than at any other time in the history of Nigeria outside the civil war. How does President Jonathan and his ”today’s men” feel about winning such a dubious and dishonourable title? Does he still regard Boko Haram as “his siblings” who he “cannot hurt”?
“Why did the President refuse to visit the good people of the northeast for so long despite the fact that hundreds of people are still being slaughtered there by Boko Haram every day?” he added.
He said the government has proved it does not “give a damn” to the suffering of the people and the loss of lives by not visiting the troubled region until politicians from the opposition All Progressives Congress (APC) did; and the president’s lukewarm and delayed response to the recent massacre of 185 people in Baga.
“He did not visit the place until the APC governors took the initiative, did the right thing, went there boldly and paved the way? It was only after that initiative was taken by the opposition that our President woke up from his deep slumber, remembered that he was the Commander in Chief of our Armed Forces and saw fit to go to the north-east. Why did he take so long before doing so?”
“Does the fact that it took our Government two days to even acknowledge that the Baga massacres ever took place and that when they finally did all they said was that they would ”investigate it” not seem rather insensitive? This was after the Sec. Gen. of the U.N. and numerous other world leaders had not only condemned the massacre but had also expressed their condolences to our President, to the Nigerian people and to those that lost their loved ones. Yet to the best of my knowledge not one word of condolence or regret was offered by our President or our Government. Since when have we degenerated to such a point that when our people are killed in such a brazen manner and in such large numbers we don’t even seem to ”give a damn”? Since when have we become a nation of sociopaths that have no feeling and that do not value human life?” he said.
Mr. Fani-Kayode said the Jonathan administration has refused to tackle corruption and therefore has plunged the economy into deeper mire by its wanton display of financial impudence.
“When will our President and his ”today’s men” answer David Cameron, the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom’s, question and tell him what they did with the 100 billion USD that they made from oil sales in the last two years? When will they answer Obi Ezekwesili’s question about how they squandered 67 billion USD of our foreign reserves? When will they answer the question that Nasir El Rufai asked sometime back about how they spent over 350 billion naira on security vote in one year alone? When will they answer the many questions that Pat Utomi and many other distinguished and courageous leaders and ”yesterday’s men” have raised about the trillions of naira that have been supposedly spent on oil subsidy payments in the last two years?” he asked.
“When will they implement the findings and recommendations of the Nuhu Ribadu report on the thievery that has gone on in the oil sector? When will they cultivate the guts and find the courage to respond to a call for a public debate to defend their abysmal record? When will these ”today’s men” stop being so reckless with our money? Why would our ”today’s man” FCT Minister budget 5 billion for the ”rehabilitation of prostitutes in Abuja”? Why would he budget 7.5 billion naira for a new ”FCT city gate”? Why would he budget 4 billion naira for some kind of building or centre for the First Lady? Why would the Federal Government of ”todays men” budget 1 billion naira for food in the Villa? Are these the priorities of ”today’s men”? And all this when Nigeria is back in foreign debt to the tune of 9 billion USD and is still borrowing, when local debt has hit almost 50 billion USD, when 40 per cent of Nigerians are unemployed, when graduate unemployment has hit 80 per cent, when 40 per cent of Nigerians do not have access to good food and are described by the U.N.D.P as being ”hungry” and when 70 per cent of Nigerians are living below the poverty line? Is this the vision of ”today’s men?”

Shey una don see am? From FFK himself. Meanwhile he was in PDP during Obj, defected to APC, then Jona bought him over and suddenly, Nigerians are supposed to forget. Its either these guys are brain-dead or suffer from multiple personality disorder
Re: Our Biggest Mistake Was To Appoint Fani- Kayode As Jonathan’s Campaign Manager by Eluwilussit(m): 2:21am On Apr 06, 2015
Wsdm:

The death of innocent people by a rag tag militants that saw our once formidable military scampering in dellussion baffled most of us in the North. We told our selves that a conspiracy is there orcasterated by the malign South to undermine the population of the North just so that the can achieve more electoral value in 2015. This was butteress when General Shuwa was killed without any resistance from his about 10 military guard- who ordered them not tp attack? All the soldiers check points leading to Burni yard seconadary schools were deserted before the militant struck- who ordered such negligence! And remember that as i type now no one have being arrested for such dereliction of duty. The former governor of Adamawa state wrote a letter pointing at these anomalies, instead of the government to do the right thing they schemed so hard to remove him from his post. All these lead to our resolve to oust this regime by constitutional means.

I am not in anyway trying to make light the suffering of the people in the NE. Many a night did I sleep with a heavy heart and tears in my eyes and wished I would wake up to find out that the whole thing was a bad dream. Unfortunately, it wasn't. Our grandmothers, mothers, wives, sisters, daughters and grand daughters were not only raped but taken as sex slaves. I know that you are probably judging the feelings of the South from the comments you read here, but nothing could be further from the truth. We heard those cries. We saw every tear drop. We cried when you cried. In your darkest moments, we turned off the light in our hearts in solidarity.

I am not in the military. I have my niece and cousins all in the North fighting Boko Haram. That's my family contribution to peace.

There has been a series of allegations against sympathizers of Boko Haram among the Northern officers. To what extent that's true, I do not know. But one thing I know is that the entire North, saw Boko Haram as something akeen to the Niger Delta militants or the Massob. Something of a militant arm of the North. There was wide acceptance to the initial activities of the group. It was alleged that even State Governors, religious leaders, top government officials, top politicians and military officers were all sympathetic to the cause of the group. Again, one cannot really say how true that is. But there's no denying that the North kept quiet while the North burned.

It was alleged that Buhari once said that the attack on Boko Haram is an attack on the North. The North accused Ihejirika of genocide. They threatened to drag him to The Hague, for killing northerners(Boko Haram). So what exactly is the north angry about if you consider the above scenarios?

Those of us in the South felt that the North was using Boko Haram to sabotage the FG. After all, someone once promised all of us blood of dogs and baboons. Whatever that means. He also promised to make life unbearable for Jona. Whether he did or not, I cannot tell. But as long as there's God in heaven that watches over the affairs of everyone, we will all reap the very fruit of whatever we sow.

I have made it very clear that I have no problem with the way the North went about getting power back. I know enough to know when I am beaten. But what I can't take is anyone pretending that Buhari suddenly beat Jona because he's a better candidate. He's not. As it were, the North would have voted even Shekau. Anybody would do, as long as he is a northerner. So it makes no sense acting like the best candidate won. The better riggers won and with the help of the supposedly "unbiased" umpire. There has never been a truly fair and free election. So it is dumb for the observers to pretend that the election was kind of free in the North while it was not in the South. Even with enough evidence that the election had been structured to favour the north, in ab initio, the whole world has turned the other way.

In all of this, and through it all, we must thank God for a smooth transition. We must pray for our leaders and support them. When they succeed, we succeed and vice versa.

God bless every Nigerian.
Re: Our Biggest Mistake Was To Appoint Fani- Kayode As Jonathan’s Campaign Manager by Nobody: 11:36am On Apr 06, 2015
Hmm , why d recriminations ? Why r kettles callin pots black ?? Now d trend of PDPs defectin to APC is fast increasing @ geometrical progressions ... Nobody wnts to belong to the loosing party , I really c cowards, sycophants and avaricious giants ants who would always try to trace and chase d sugar . Bt they dnt knw thr's a long list so they'l av to b at d back to queue . Awon Ojelu jenirun gbogbo wonyii , awon ofon ati wobiliki wobiyya gbogbo , kaa yeyin layii Hmm , why d recriminations ? Why r kettles callin pots black ?? Now d trend of PDPs defectin to APC is fast increasing @ geometrical progressions ... Nobody wnts to belong to the loosing party , I really c cowards, sycophants and avaricious giants ants who would always try to trace and chase d sugar . Bt they dnt knw thr's a long list so they'l all av to b at d back to queue . Awon Ojelu jenirun gbogbo wonyii , awon ofon ati wobiliki wobiyya gbogbo , kaa yeyin layii ...
Re: Our Biggest Mistake Was To Appoint Fani- Kayode As Jonathan’s Campaign Manager by jpphilips(m): 12:22pm On Apr 06, 2015
barcanista:
No need to apportion blame. Though appointing FFK for that role was a fatal mistake. However, we need to move forward as a party and regroup.

lolzzzzzzz

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Abba Kyari's Body Arrives Abuja / Why Atiku Picked Peter Obi As Running Mate – Daniel / Senator Okorocha Arrested For Unsealing Seized Hotel (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.