Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,670 members, 7,882,266 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 08:20 PM

How Do I Connect Modem To My Laptop - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Do I Connect Modem To My Laptop (3027 Views)

How Do I Connect One Printer To Different Computers? / Let Me Show You How To Use Nokia As Modem To Pc Here [EDITED] / How Can I Connect Modem To My Laptop? Please Help. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Connect Modem To My Laptop by mcavoy: 3:32pm On Apr 05, 2015
Hi everyone, i want to buy data for browsing but need you to help solve a problem on browsing issue first. The problem is whenever i connect my modem or use my android phone as modem, i only use to browse 1 or 2 websites with 10-20mb data and it will alert me that 'data balance has been exhusted' while i know the content of the site is not even up to 1mb. Please what could be the possible cause of this and what do you think is the solution? Thanks for helping out.
Re: How Do I Connect Modem To My Laptop by Tolzeal(m): 3:35pm On Apr 05, 2015
mcavoy:
Hi everyone, i want to buy data for browsing but need you to help solve a problem on browsing issue first. The problem is whenever i connect my modem or use my android phone as modem, i only use to browse 1 or 2 websites with 10-20mb data and it will alert me that 'data balance has been exhusted' while i know the content of the site is not even up to 1mb. Please what could be the possible cause of this and what do you think is the solution? Thanks for helping out.

BUY more than enough Data. You can never Ascertain thr reaped mb on a page ....lailai . You be winch. Buy Huge data and save the story bruh.
Re: How Do I Connect Modem To My Laptop by rottennaija(m): 3:45pm On Apr 05, 2015
Tolzeal:

BUY more than enough Data. You can never Ascertain thr reaped mb on a page ....lailai . You be winch. Buy Huge data and save the story bruh.

Besides, your system has other activities (software updates, anti-virus updates, firewall updates... ) running in the background. So 10-20mb isn't enough for use in your system. Perhaps you should try airtel #1500 for 2gig of data.
Re: How Do I Connect Modem To My Laptop by Tolzeal(m): 3:48pm On Apr 05, 2015
rottennaija:

Besides, your system has other activities (software updates, anti-virus updates, firewall updates... ) running in the background. So 10-20mb isn't enough for use in your system. Perhaps you should try airtel #1500 for 2gig of data.

Yea. A cool idea bro. What area do u stay.
Re: How Do I Connect Modem To My Laptop by Edygrin(m): 11:25am On Apr 06, 2015
I ll have to disagree with the posters above. @Op what OS are you running, lets start from there
Re: How Do I Connect Modem To My Laptop by mcavoy: 1:52pm On Apr 06, 2015
Edygrin:
I ll have to disagree with the posters above. @Op what OS are you running, lets start from there
ok, on my tablet is android and with my laptop is window 7. Thanks
Re: How Do I Connect Modem To My Laptop by Edygrin(m): 2:43pm On Apr 06, 2015
mcavoy:
ok, on my tablet is android and with my laptop is window 7. Thanks
Windows 7 consume data? That's rare. Maybe you just need to disable windows update, antivirus update, also always check your background applications to see the ones that connects to the internet for updates coz some programs do update automatically. Lastly i think Opera is more economical
Re: How Do I Connect Modem To My Laptop by mcavoy: 3:47pm On Apr 06, 2015
Edygrin:
Windows 7 consume data? That's rare. Maybe you just need to disable windows update, antivirus update, also always check your background applications to see the ones that connects to the internet for updates coz some programs do update automatically. Lastly i think Opera is more economical
ok pal, you are highly appreciated. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series (corei5, 1TB/8GB, 4gb Gtx1050ti, 7th Gen.) / Very Clean Uk Used Hp 250 G1 For Sale / Shopininverse UK USED Laptops

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.