Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,155 members, 7,896,915 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 02:43 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1081) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3107584 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1078) (1079) (1080) (1081) (1082) (1083) (1084) ... (2206) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 1:07am On Feb 11, 2020
[quote author=rka2 post=86546911][/quote]
Not arguing about the place it was "bought" from Serbia
PMB thanked three countries
RUSSIA
ITALY
SERBIA
I believe there was a reason why he thanked Russia
even though Nigeria "bought" the Helicopter from Serbia
and has already purchased the next one from Serbia
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 6:43am On Feb 11, 2020
Haha,good to hear, it was just a thought that came to my head randomly lol. But yea, these guys over so many years shouldn't be a mystery to us by now, if we do things right.
problem with such thing is leaks, we talk too much grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 11:51am On Feb 11, 2020
nemesis8u:

I posted info on somewhat similar ops done back home in the late 80s to 90s

Men trained as terrorists going into enemy territories totally blind , stay there for months if needed and do what they have to do and come back if they can. Very successful . Still classified.

Such ops need only leadership , no need of command chain / resources.

Men for these ops are mavericks , they will need to realise that they will not come back alive , if they do come back alive that's always a bonus.

Only unmarried men and without any dependents. They get special payments more than what a general earns in 3 months in one month in addition to normal salary .

You see that last part? The vultures we have will surely not allow that happen

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Fynline(m): 10:46pm On Feb 13, 2020
I just saw this on Twitter, I have read the last flight by a Biafran pilot. I think it is the best book so far I have read on the civil war. I hope I can get to read this too.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by theenchanter: 10:08am On Feb 14, 2020
Fynline:
I just saw this on Twitter, I have read the last flight by a Biafran pilot. I think it is the best book so far I have read on the civil war. I hope I can get to read this too.
is "the last flight" better than "why we struck" by Adewale Ademoyega?

Cos I think why we struck is more authoritative than any book i've ever read on d civil war. Though, i've not read "the last flight" but i can read it if u recommend it.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 9:17pm On Feb 14, 2020
theenchanter:
is "the last flight" better than "why we struck" by Adewale Ademoyega?

Cos I think why we struck is more authoritative than any book i've ever read on d civil war. Though, i've not read "the last flight" but i can read it if u recommend it.

I remember that Why We Struck book. Read it in my early twenties. Can't remember where it is now though. Nice book.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ecomog1990: 12:09am On Feb 15, 2020
Fynline:

"BOOK ON THE BIOGRAPHY AND STRATEGIC LEADERSHIP OF GENERAL TY BURATAI LAUNCH TODAY-

A book on Biography and Strategic Leadership of Lieutenant General Tukur Yusufu Buratai - A TOOLS-KIT FOR TRAINING FUTURE MILITARY LEADERS was launched today."
gringringringringringrin

Worldwide Army Commanders who won their own wars are listed, and one that failed to win is smuggled into the same list as a successful​ hero-commander, even photo placed in the centre like Mohammed Ali The greatest of them all.

Normally Nigeria NEVER rewards MERIT, all you need to be named a hero is just to play the game on the field even if you scored 3 own goals against your own team.

gringrin gringrin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ecomog1990: 2:14am On Feb 15, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKghxgRCCGg

Am not thinking this is fair, we don't do this to our Presidents in Naija. The man is too old to be expected to perform 100% in all aspects.

According to ex commandant of NA TRADOC Major General Ishola Williams' video interview last month, the old 1960-80s army training of President Buhari is outdated, making him unable to figure out modern warfare technological advancements, unable to understand modern hi-tech equipment, unable to plan a brilliant fighting formula to defeat all forces of insecurity dedevil.

Our Mr. President needs external technical advisers but they are not allowed to reach him, he's surrounded by those who profit from this war elongated. Nigeria is trapped by the mighty Cabal. Direct news on ground from Chibok town and other suffering communities, show our dear Nigeria has entered into a stalemated war, a blood sucking war that these gbanjo low priced equipment can turn the tide in our favour, to give our NA a clear win to end this endless war that is now our new logo, making other countries ban us from entering their fine Oyinbo countries, saying we Naija we no fine.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Fynline(m): 6:55am On Feb 15, 2020
ecomog1990:

"BOOK ON THE BIOGRAPHY AND STRATEGIC LEADERSHIP OF GENERAL TY BURATAI LAUNCH TODAY-

A book on Biography and Strategic Leadership of Lieutenant General Tukur Yusufu Buratai - A TOOLS-KIT FOR TRAINING FUTURE MILITARY LEADERS was launched today."
gringringringringringrin

Worldwide Army Commanders who won their own wars are listed, and one that failed to win is smuggled into the same list as a successful​ hero-commander, even photo placed in the centre like Mohammed Ali The greatest of them all.

Nigeria NEVER rewards MERIT, all you need to be named a hero is just to play the game on the field even if you scored 3 own goals against your own team.

gringrin gringrin

I no get time to waste on top this rubbish
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kikuyu2: 5:52pm On Feb 15, 2020
bidexiii:
One of the sophisticated weapons recovered by @policeNG operatives from the Ansaru Terrorists' Camp in Birnin Gwari - Kaduna State.

WTF did they get a HK 21!? That's a very rare piece in Naij. Btw, its much loved by anyone who's ever used it.

[url][/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmkAYNfuE9Q]

That's why! Light,reliable and higher ROF than M60s and 240s.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kikuyu2: 6:06pm On Feb 15, 2020
bidexiii:
ARTILLERY TRAINING IN KENYA:

Members of the 101st Field Artillery Regiment, Massachusetts National Guard, instruct Kenya Defense Force artillery soldiers on conducting a fire control alignment test on an M119A2 105mm howitzer at the School of Artillery in Isiolo, Kenya, Jan. 29, 2020. The Kenya field artillery training aims to build partner capacity and provide training on various equipment sets and fires planning.
U.S. Department of Defense (DoD)U.S. Africa Command (AFRICOM)Colonial Battery 1st Battalion 101st Field Artillery RegimentMassachusetts National Guard — The Nation's First

Not all foreign training programs are as effective as they're made out to be. This control alignment exercise looks like a module 1 program.
The Kenya school of arty,Isiolo now does up to the most advanced modules or "post graduate" so to speak.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kikuyu2: 6:10pm On Feb 15, 2020
Sizzorkay:
If i were in charge of the military, i would have created another terrorist faction, except this one would comprise of soldiers. Stage fake terror attacks etc, and before you know it, they might get an offer to merge with BH or the other terror group in the region, and after a while, they will know everything there is to know about these terrorists and the whereabouts of their leaders.
Won't necessarily yield that result the next day, but in the long run, they might get results
Okay so this idea just came to me lol, haven't thought it thru yet. don't kill me. grin grin

Wayyyyy more common than you'd think! SOP in Vietnam, Rhodesia, South Africa and used in Iraq. Who do you think began blowing up Shiite parades and festivals in 2004?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 7:33pm On Feb 16, 2020
What are you talking about? I was certain it's been done before, and i don't care where, i was strictly talking about this in application to Nigeria, don't need history lesson, that has nothing to do with what i was talking about grin grin
As for the person who said Buhari's previous military training is outdated etc, that's just stupid, since when do Presidents decide how a battle is executed? Which military training did Obama have? Angela Merkle? Boris Johnson? Donald Trump? etc None of them are military strategists, that's a job for those in the military, they are the ones who will brief the leaders and provide them with options etc, you know, those advisers.
To think Buhari would know all there is to know about modern combat and military tech? lol, don't wait up
kikuyu2:

Wayyyyy more common than you'd think! SOP in Vietnam, Rhodesia, South Africa and used in Iraq. Who do you think began blowing up Shiite parades and festivals in 2004?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kikuyu1(m): 12:25pm On Feb 17, 2020
Sizzorkay:
What are you talking about? I was certain it's been done before, and i don't care where, i was strictly talking about this in application to Nigeria, don't need history lesson, that has nothing to do with what i was talking about grin grin
As for the person who said Buhari's previous military training is outdated etc, that's just stupid, since when do Presidents decide how a battle is executed? Which military training did Obama have? Angela Merkle? Boris Johnson? Donald Trump? etc None of them are military strategists, that's a job for those in the military, they are the ones who will brief the leaders and provide them with options etc, you know, those advisers.
To think Buhari would know all there is to know about modern combat and military tech? lol, don't wait up

Son,calm your tittays! That was just a wider perspective to see this ishyt happens all the time.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kikuyu1(m): 1:02pm On Feb 17, 2020
A CLEAR CASE OF MILITARY CORRUPTION IN ACQUISITION! Everyone screams "corruption" whenever their nation can't afford or chooses not to buy their fav platform:the T-90s,Sues,Apaches and/or Black Sharks. Often its just the case of the Brass and Treasury being wiser than fan girls. Sometimes,however the dirty deals are so blatant even Stevie Wonder can see somethings up!
Our ex Sports CS,Rashid Echesa,a young dude on whom everyone unreasonably projected unrealistic hopes was sacked last May for being a lightweight and involved in clownish f'ery like faked nudes and human trafficking. Anyway he was never a player on our social media and we next heard of being arrested for corruption in a 400 mn deal with a Polish maker of milspec surveillance equipment.

The alleged scam reads like a Hollywood script. Sh40 billion is the tender. Sh11.5 million is the initial consultancy fee and, after the deal is struck, a further Sh50 million was to be paid.

Former Cabinet Secretary Rashid Echesa, the broker, and Eco Advanced Technologies LLC, the supplier of military surveillance equipment. The Office of the Deputy President and restaurants in Nairobi the venue of the deal.

This went awry and the con-game was blown apart, with Mr Echesa arrested and interrogated at the DCI headquarters Thursday on Kiambu Road.

An e-mail to express interest started off what could turn into a series of trips between Nairobi and Poland that ended up at the DCI interrogation room. The officials of the Eco Technologies who met ‘military officials’ were given access to the DP’s office; signed the tender documents with a Ministry of Defence ‘honcho’ before they were picked for questioning.
https://www.nation.co.ke/news/Ex-CS-Echesa-quizzed-over-Sh40-billion-fake-military-tender/1056-5455042-15niq2e/index.html

Btw,the deal was signed in the DP's office!? How this nigga got in there would make probably an award winning comedy script;he was known to be an ally of the DP Ruto who's known for making such deals. Anyway there's CCTV of him in the office with company officials and well known guys of the DP's circle.
Those are the facts as of now. Very very fishy!

The company is based both in Poland and the US and it’s representatives were to supply, install, commission and maintain an integrated communication and security surveillance system on behalf of the Kenya Defence Forces.

The CS is said to have lured the arms dealer into the deal that included drones after presenting himself as a friend of Deputy President William Ruto. He is said to have already pocketed US$115,000 (Sh11.5 million) in down payment.

One of the company representatives, an Egyptian who gave their account of the story at the DCI on Thursday, said the request for the deal was initiated via an e-mail sent to the firm through the website months ago.

He said they had done due diligence ahead of Thursday’s planned meeting and eventual supply. “I went by myself to the Ministry of Defence offices on Lenana Road and I entered. Three times, I even got receipts from the offices I went into. The receipts even bear the KDF stamps and they are also signed,” he said.

Imagine what other purposes the money could go into-KAF airlift, down payment on long overdue FSBs,MRAPs or even developing a indig weapons capability in a local Military Industrial Complex like Jordan's King Abdullah Design and Development Bureau. It was started in 2000 with 150 mn$ and is now the premier maker of ordnance and platforms with products from HMGs/GPMGs/ Turkish Aselsan missiles and electronics.

https://www.kaddb.com/productscatogery/1062/Weapons

Niggas like Echesa keep us in perpetual poverty!?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 6:20pm On Feb 17, 2020
THIES, SENEGAL02.16.2020Photo by Spc. Miguel Pena U.S. Africa Command  

Nigerian soldiers take lunch between training events during the opening days of Flintlock 20 near Thies, Senegal, Feb. 16, 2020. Flintlock is an annual, African-led, integrated military and law enforcement exercise that has strengthened key partner-nation forces throughout North and West Africa as well as Western Special Operation Forces since 2005. Flintlock is U.S. Africa Command’s premier and largest annual Special Operations Forces exercise. (U.S. Army photo by Spc. Miguel Pena)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 6:22pm On Feb 17, 2020
Lol, might wanna tell your woman that one.
happens all the time does what for Nigeria? Nothing, so once again, your point was irrelevant. have good one kid
kikuyu1:

Son,calm your tittays! That was just a wider perspective to see this ishyt happens all the time.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:52pm On Feb 17, 2020
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 11:31pm On Feb 17, 2020
x

spare myself the grief
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 7:13am On Feb 19, 2020

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by keep2silent: 3:44pm On Feb 19, 2020
I want to blast rich, powerful corrupt Kenyans holding top level public office, for messing up Kenyan Army till brave young soldiers struggle years with terrorists that dont have half their education or training. I cannot blast them because my own just flashed to my face like our whole continent South-Sahara is same way shameless guilty with no conscience.

Nigerians have entered one chance danfo bus, our hope for change is lost , our leaders do show of shame yet we cry insecurity, blood spill everywhere, big boss dont care, no wonder poor equipment remain on Borno frontline, 10 month war turns to 10 year war, Nigeria listed with Somalia-Libya getting Visa travel ban.

Urgent Police Force upgrade equipment procurement contract signed in Dubai is now a fight Oga VS Oga in Aso Rock, the once Lion PMB is watching like pussy cat as those we did not vote for are ruling Nigeria into wasteland. Why do our leaders hate our welfare?

https://hallmarknews.com/again-nsa-monguno-attacks-abba-kyari-over-police-equipment-procurement-contract/

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/02/nsa-monguno-declares-war-on-abba-kyari-writes-buhari/

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lebuhsi(m): 12:53pm On Feb 20, 2020
The Nigerian troops have killed three top commanders of the Islamic State in West Africa Province (ISWAP), a faction of Boko Haram terrorists in parts of Borno State.

Intelligence sources told PRNigeria that the combined aerial bombing and ground assault on Wednesday left several terrorists wounded.

This particular Operation Lafiya Dole raid has forced insurgents to flee Baga town.

The commanders were eliminated in the air attack carried out on Kirta and Wulga camps of the terrorists.

They include the newly appointed Naval commander of the ISWAP, Abubakar Dangurmai;

Amir Malik, a Buduma by tribe and a war commander, who led foot soldiers to different battles with Nigerian troops;

Malam Mohammad, a Shuwa Arab by tribe from Kala Balge town, also a commander who holds the rank of a captain.

Meanwhile, some of the wounded terrorists are receiving treatment at the International Committee on Red Cross (ICRC) at Tudun Wulgo.”

An official of ICRC, anonymously, said it is within their policy and in respect of international laws to treat all persons wounded during war including civilians and combatants.

“Our major objective is to treat the wounded without discrimination. We see human beings in need of medical attention and not terrorists.

“However, it doesn’t stop the law from taking its course if such persons are found to have violated the law”, the personnel added.
https://dailypost.ng/2020/02/20/boko-haram-iswap-nigerian-troops-kill-top-commanders-names-revealed/amp/
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 1:00pm On Feb 20, 2020
lebuhsi:
The Nigerian troops have killed three top commanders of the Islamic State in West Africa Province (ISWAP), a faction of Boko Haram terrorists in parts of Borno State.

Intelligence sources told PRNigeria that the combined aerial bombing and ground assault on Wednesday left several terrorists wounded.

This particular Operation Lafiya Dole raid has forced insurgents to flee Baga town.

The commanders were eliminated in the air attack carried out on Kirta and Wulga camps of the terrorists.

They include the newly appointed Naval commander of the ISWAP, Abubakar Dangurmai;

Amir Malik, a Buduma by tribe and a war commander, who led foot soldiers to different battles with Nigerian troops;

Malam Mohammad, a Shuwa Arab by tribe from Kala Balge town, also a commander who holds the rank of a captain.

Meanwhile, some of the wounded terrorists are receiving treatment at the International Committee on Red Cross (ICRC) at Tudun Wulgo.”

An official of ICRC, anonymously, said it is within their policy and in respect of international laws to treat all persons wounded during war including civilians and combatants.

“Our major objective is to treat the wounded without discrimination. We see human beings in need of medical attention and not terrorists.

“However, it doesn’t stop the law from taking its course if such persons are found to have violated the law”, the personnel added.
https://dailypost.ng/2020/02/20/boko-haram-iswap-nigerian-troops-kill-top-commanders-names-revealed/amp/
Wounded terrorists receiving treatment?!
When they are strong enough how do they repay this humanitarian workers? By beheading them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lebuhsi(m): 1:13pm On Feb 20, 2020
Xbee007:

Wounded terrorists receiving treatment?!
When they are strong enough how do they repay this humanitarian workers? By beheading them.
I guess it's all about looking good to the west, just yesterday the world bank pledged to release over $2bn in developmental investments for this year alone!...or it could be to conter amnesty's international rather gloomy narrative of the Nigerian armed forces, more conspicuously the army

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 6:06pm On Feb 20, 2020
They had me at " the newly appointed Naval commander of the ISWAP, Abubakar Dangurmai" lol, would that be the ISWAP commander in charge of the lake chad Basin? How many Canoe boats them get? grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Kalapizim(m): 8:04pm On Feb 20, 2020
Sizzorkay:
They had me at " the newly appointed Naval commander of the ISWAP, Abubakar Dangurmai" lol, would that be the ISWAP commander in charge of the lake chad Basin? How many Canoe boats them get? grin grin grin
grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by slimthugchimee2(m): 9:10pm On Feb 20, 2020
Sizzorkay:

grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:59am On Feb 21, 2020
They had me at " the newly appointed Naval commander of the ISWAP, Abubakar Dangurmai" lol, would that be the ISWAP commander in charge of the lake chad Basin

Lol

Yet you guys barely have reasons to die of heart attack due to epic chagrin

you would be surprised to know that back in my country " pressititudes " both national and international routinely addresses hardcore terrorists as " activists ".

When it comes to terrorists in developing countries , the liberal global narrative is towards creating sympathy inspite of the carnage these terrorists wreck .

However when it comes to creating chaos in other countries the very same global players and their media has no qualms when bombing civilians be it children's and old people.

How I wish karma catches onto them in the worse possible way .
Amen to that.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:25pm On Feb 21, 2020
Nimr II . algeria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 2:34pm On Feb 21, 2020
Nigeria navy SBS

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kikuyu1(m): 9:47am On Feb 22, 2020
Update on the 400 mn$ corruption case!

In case you didn't know our Elites are a Mafia-money and omerta,the rule of silence rules:human life itself is secondary.

Since the deal hit the press there've already been 2 suspicious deaths among those in the know,Kelvin Rono an aide of DP Ruto in whose office he deal went down died last week after his E 350 lost control and rolled along Langata road just after leaving the Weston owned by his boss. 4 days ago,a guard on duty at the time the meetings were held,Sgt. Kenei allegedly committed suicide.

Ofc,many people here already think know I'm a 'conspiracy theorist,' so will assume this is mere coincidence!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lebuhsi(m): 10:03pm On Feb 22, 2020
An airstrike by the Nigerian Air Force, NAF, has killed some key leaders of Islamic State of West Africa Province, ISWAP, in Borno State.

A statement by NAF’s spokesperson, Air Commodore Ibikunle Daramola on Saturday, said the ISWAP leaders were killed in Jubillaram and Alinwa in Northern Borno State.

Daramola said the airstrike was conducted by the Air Task Force, ATF, of Operation Lafiya Dole, under the auspices of Operation Rattle Snake 3.

According to Daramola, following credible intelligence reports that indicated that some key ISWAP leaders had assembled for a meeting on Thursday; attack aircraft were dispatched to engage the locations.

He disclosed that attack aircraft were dispatched to the meeting venues, killing the terrorists.

The statement reads: “The latest of these was achieved on 20 February 2020 in attacks conducted at Jubillaram and Alinwa in the Northern part of Borno State, where some key Islamic State of West Africa Province (ISWAP) leaders were neutralized as they assembled for meetings at the 2 locations.

“The mission was executed on the heels of credible intelligence reports indicating that some key ISWAP leaders had assembled for meetings, which were being held simultaneously at 2 separate venues, at Jubillaram and Alinwa in Marte Local Government Area.

“Accordingly, the ATF scrambled its attack aircraft to engage the locations, damaging the meeting venues and neutralizing the terrorists,” he added.
https://dailypost.ng/2020/02/22/boko-haram-naf-airstrike-kills-key-iswap-leaders-in-borno/amp/

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1078) (1079) (1080) (1081) (1082) (1083) (1084) ... (2206) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.