Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,149 members, 7,877,277 topics. Date: Monday, 01 July 2024 at 03:17 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3088918 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1111) (1112) (1113) (1114) (1115) (1116) (1117) ... (2205) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 11:17pm On Apr 08, 2020
AskiaHarem:

To be fair the T-14 Armata is untested and covert about its true capabilities and limitations. cheesy

Chai! See total disrespect. I can even hear Stalin rolling over in his grave sad
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 11:17pm On Apr 08, 2020
GabrielYulaw:

Are you actually comparing the T-14 Armata next gen tank with a third gen Chinese MBT? That's total disrespect bro. angry
I too hope to see lots more hardware soon.
If we had ordered the armata, they won't be arriving anytime soon, the russians themselves haven't purchased much of it. Now I'm a fan of the armata but I'm pleased with this VT4 as the difference isn't that much

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:18pm On Apr 08, 2020
GabrielYulaw:

Are you actually comparing the T-14 Armata next gen tank with a third gen Chinese MBT? That's total disrespect bro. angry
I too hope to see lots more hardware soon.

Bro the T-14 capabilities has not been tested, yeap it’s a 4th generational tank and a formidable asset.
For me it’s the T90MS variant I love the most and I doubt if it’s available for sale, it’s only for the Russian army.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 11:19pm On Apr 08, 2020
Whyem15:

If we had ordered the armata, they won't be arriving anytime soon, the russians themselves haven't purchased much of it. Now I'm a fan of the armata but I'm pleased with this VT4 as the difference isn't that much

I never said we should buy the Armata. Even the Russians are not buying it in quantity. I merely complained that someone was comparing it to a Chinese third gen tank. That is like comparing Jay Jay Okocha to Lalasticlala. Except far as I know, Jay Jay doesn't kill and eat snakes wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 11:20pm On Apr 08, 2020
bidexiii:

Bro the T-14 capabilities has not been tested, yeap it’s a 4th generational tank and a formidable assets.
For me it’s the T90MS variant I love the most and I doubt if it’s available for sale, it’s only for the Russian army.
They've actually offered Egypt.
Someone should analyse the capabilites of the two tanks let's see how far behind the vt4 is.
Someone else might want to check the numbers of tank killers our neighbors now have, it's an emerging threat that we need to start adressing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 11:21pm On Apr 08, 2020
bidexiii:

Bro the T-14 capabilities has not been tested, yeap it’s a 4th generational tank and a formidable asset.

Algeria has so many of them. I mean T-90s. I really envy them. That tank gives me a mighty hard on.
The Armata is still new, give it time to show its stuff.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 11:31pm On Apr 08, 2020
Wish it was the armata though sad. That would be a real game changer in the whole region. But at least we are a little satisfied with this one. Maybe this is part of the $1billion dollars buhari withdrew from the ECA. Heard also that our JF17 should be delivered by November.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kabe1: 11:35pm On Apr 08, 2020
VT4 Main Battle Tank is one of the world's best and most modern Battle Tank.

This Tank won against the T-90s from Russia and M1 Abrams Tank in the Thailand army main battle tank tender.

This is a real beast.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kabe1: 11:39pm On Apr 08, 2020
rka2:

They did say last year that a lot of equipment had been ordered, but people chose to ignore it and were cynical as per usual grin

The usual cynical people we have been pounding on this thread these past few days.

If it were up to me, they would not share in this joy.

I will ship all of them to Chad.

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kabe1: 11:40pm On Apr 08, 2020
Habane:
Are you seriously comparing the Russian Armata with Chinko VT4?

My brother, this Tank won against the T-90 man.

Nigerian army got a really sweet Tank here.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kabe1: 11:43pm On Apr 08, 2020
Whyem15:

The main battle Tank fleet of the Russian army is the T-72B3. Not the T-90 , and not the Armata T-14 Tank.

In cold weather parts of Russia, the Russian army fields more of the T-80 tank.

The T-14 is a beast but they are not currently for sale, and also not in significant numbers to make any difference.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 11:44pm On Apr 08, 2020
That's what i said since yesterday, almost every country often respond in situations like this
Odunayaw:
But why are you talking like NA doesn't give responses after comprehensive losses too?

As for this whole matter, I'm among those that believe we don't have leaders both in khakis and agbadas ready to see this through.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by BlackBaron: 11:46pm On Apr 08, 2020
rka2:
ST1 light tank it is referred to.

VT4 MBT
Well, good news that!
Why wasn't our JF17 from China.

Most importantly, our tactics still need to evolve.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 11:48pm On Apr 08, 2020
Thank you oga, much needed news and pic, regardless of it's usage lol, the ranting for the last 7 pages don tire even my invisible dog lol.

rka2:

Don't know numbers yet, but I think they are coming in batches and this is the first batch.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by AskiaHarem(m): 11:56pm On Apr 08, 2020
Whyem15:

Modern Russia isn't all its hyped up to be no disrespect. There pretty much forcing everything they can without collapsing the whole system into there military budget. Russia can't afford to mass produce the majority of there new warmachines. T-14 Armata, Mig35, Su 57 ALL IN LIMBO with no end in sight. tongue If Nigeria where to order any of these they probably wouldn't arrive until the 2030s. Im just glad Nigeria finally gets to have a 21st Century developed tank.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kabe1: 12:03am On Apr 09, 2020
AskiaHarem:

Modern Russia isn't all its hyped up to be no disrespect. There pretty much forcing everything they can without collapsing the whole system into there military budget. Russia can't afford to mass produce the majority of there new warmachines. T-14 Armata, Mig35, Su 57 ALL IN LIMBO with no end in sight. tongue If Nigeria where to order any of these they probably wouldn't arrive until the 2030s. Im just glad Nigeria finally gets to have a 21 Century developed tank.

We now have 21st century Tanks and Tank Destroyers, including artillery.

We also make very modern APCs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by yoged(m): 12:04am On Apr 09, 2020
Whyem15:
At least this tanks should be usefull against the gun trucks. Its a $152 million deal. 17 vehicles were delivered today including the MBT, light tanks and some artilleries.
Unit cost of VT4-$3million
Unit cist of armata - $3.7 million
I think we went for the better deal considering the VT4 has almost all that the armata has for a lesser price.
The fact that we didn't hear anything about this deal till it was delivered means FG is keeping a lot of deals secret. I hope so sha.
Hope we see more hardwares in the next few months
I hope it won't fall in the hands of the boko haram
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 12:13am On Apr 09, 2020
"It was gathered that Nigeria is the first country in the world to have these vehicles, which were built to carry a minimum of 12 armed personnel housed securely within."

Which one they house 12 occupants, MRAP or what, whatever that is, Toju should make these things into a PDF for me lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by AskiaHarem(m): 12:15am On Apr 09, 2020
kabe1:

We now have 21st century Tanks and Tank Destroyers, including artillery.

We also make very modern APCs.

I was exclusively talking about Main Battle Tanks . Nigeria fields t-72s t-55s, Vickers, and AMX 30s. All of those where designed pre 2000s. Im not saying there absolete im just happy to see something NEW being bought. cheesy
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kabe1: 12:17am On Apr 09, 2020
AskiaHarem:

I was exclusively talking about Main Battle Tanks . Nigeria fields t-72s t-55s, Vickers, and AMX 30s. All of those where designed pre 2000s. Im not saying there absolete im just happy to see something NEW being bought. cheesy
I am supporting your initial comment.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 12:19am On Apr 09, 2020
yoged:
I hope it won't fall in the hands of the boko haram
Very unlikely this occur, should in case it occurs, bokoharam doesn't have the technicalities required to operate it, they will most likely destroy it rather than take it with them and should in case they take it with them, NAF will destroy it. Our boys are not so careless to let that happen. Be happy for the military and country at least for this night

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 12:26am On Apr 09, 2020
Why even go there? right. I mean, these assets aren't even deployed yet, and someone is hoping it doesn't fall into enemy hands.
Hidden wish somewhere you wanna share? grin grin
Not you Whyem grin grin

Whyem15:

Very unlikely this occur, should in case it occurs, bokoharam doesn't have the technicalities required to operate it, they will most likely destroy it rather than take it with them and should in case they take it with them, NAF will destroy it. Our boys are not so careless to let that happen. Be happy for the military and country at least for this night

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Habane(m): 12:34am On Apr 09, 2020
kabe1:

My brother, this Tank won against the T-90 man.

Nigerian army got a really sweet Tank here.
The is a formidable tank in it's class, but comparing it to Armata is blasphemy, some of us know we are getting Chinese thanks long ago when guys where pick to go for various training in China

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Kalapizim(m): 12:37am On Apr 09, 2020
But Sipri didn't record these ones na grin
make I shake small table
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kabe1: 12:44am On Apr 09, 2020
Habane:
The is a formidable tank in it's class, but comparing it to Armata is blasphemy, some of us know we are getting Chinese thanks long ago when guys where pick to go for various training in China

Man, it's not an Armata T-14 Tank but it is currently one of the best in the world.

This is a netcentric Tank. One Tank can see a target, then send that information to a second tank that is another location to engage it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kabe1: 12:46am On Apr 09, 2020
Nigerian army has taken delivery of 55 Toyota Bufallo and Innoson military trucks for front line troops.

This government continues to support the local manufacturing of military vehicles.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:00am On Apr 09, 2020
Someone sighted the MBT been transported from Apapa

https://twitter.com/vitoaop1231/status/1248023975629918208?s=21

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Ablemax(m): 2:22am On Apr 09, 2020
AskiaHarem:

Maybe not give a shit about you, speak for yourself clown. cool

Whoare you dude??
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Ablemax(m): 2:24am On Apr 09, 2020
help a brother in need please...

If you reside in uk plz quote me and lets talk on
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 2:47am On Apr 09, 2020
bidexiii:

More hardwares shopping to also come from Russia and China
do you know what artillery pieces you guys got , really curious wink
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:04am On Apr 09, 2020
bidexiii:
Someone sighted the MBT been transported from Apapa

https://twitter.com/vitoaop1231/status/1248023975629918208?s=21

This is Lovely smiley
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 7:19am On Apr 09, 2020
One prayer is it doesn't fall into BHT hands or eventually gets destroyed in Airstrike..
We were able to keep the ara MRAP in good hands we thank God..
Now the army should go for more ARA MRAP.its battle tested
More Ezugwu

While the air Force should produce more tsaigumi UAV I haven't heard anything from that bird since..

(1) (2) (3) ... (1111) (1112) (1113) (1114) (1115) (1116) (1117) ... (2205) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: Litmus and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.