Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,984 members, 7,876,720 topics. Date: Monday, 01 July 2024 at 03:18 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1141) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3088569 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1138) (1139) (1140) (1141) (1142) (1143) (1144) ... (2205) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:14am On Apr 19, 2020
Libya- and another Bayraktar TB2 UAV that was downed today south of Tripoli

1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:17am On Apr 19, 2020
Terror group ISWAP Islamic State wilayat gharb ifriqqiya in a statement claimed it carried out a raid on a FOB of the Nigerian forces in Kumshe 2 days back.
We however gathered from the nigerians, a soldier was killed & 4 wounded while beating back the assault.
Meanwhile Nigerian Army led by her Army Chief has began Recce Ops in preparation for an imminent offensive into the Alargano Forest Triangle, a major stronghold where camps of Terror group BHT are located. Freshly procured hardwares been fitted in Bauchi on way to the fronts.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:26am On Apr 19, 2020
Nigerian Air Force set for training on A-29 Super Tucano

The 81st Fighter Squadron, based at Moody Air Force Base, Ga., to provide the training for Nigerian Air Force pilots and maintenance personnel. Training will be provided by the 81st Fighter Squadron, an existing A-29 Light Air Support training squadron that currently trains Afghan Air Force personnel. This program will ensure the Nigerian Air Force receives the support and training it needs to safely and effectively employ the A-29 aircraft.

Air Force officials announced April 10 that Moody Air Force Base will host a stateside mission to train Nigerian Air Force pilots and maintenance personnel on the A-29 Super Tucano aircraft.

This temporary program will fall under the 81st Fighter Squadron, an existing A-29 Light Air Support training squadron that currently trains Afghan Air Force personnel. This program will ensure the Nigerian Air Force receives the support and training it needs to safely and effectively employ the A-29 aircraft.

A-29 training has been conducted at Moody for the Afghan Air Force since 2014. Mirroring training for Afghan partners, U.S. Air Force advisors will provide flying, aircraft maintenance, and ground training device instructors and operators to support training of the Nigerian forces.

The new mission is anticipated to bring approximately 100 additional personnel to Moody, including Nigerian military, civilians and contractors required to support training on 12 aircraft. The program will train an initial cadre of Nigerian personnel, to include both maintenance personnel and pilots, who will become instructors.

The additional A-29 aircraft, procured by the Nigerian government, will in turn train additional personnel on this weapons system to conduct offensive and defensive fires operations and reconnaissance and surveillance operations throughout Nigeria to combat terrorism.

Under current plans, the aircraft may begin to arrive at Moody AFB in the summer of 2020 and the unit is planned to become fully operational in the winter of 2021.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:42am On Apr 19, 2020
bidexiii:
44 Boko Haram members found dead in prison

https://punchng.com/44-boko-haram-members-found-dead-in-prison/
Is far far better than granting them amnesty and releasing them back into the society.

They are fighting a useless fight so they deserve no mercy.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:50am On Apr 19, 2020
If the Chadian president was the one that has been ruling Nigeria since 2015, boko haram/ISWAP might have been a thing of the past. Buhari and business men like buratai posing as Generals are a disaster.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 12:12pm On Apr 19, 2020
BabaOwen:
If the Chadian president was the one that has been ruling Nigeria since 2015, boko haram/ISWAP might have been a thing of the past. Buhari and business men like buratai posing as Generals are a disaster.

Even though they have been residing in the Chad part of Lake Chad for years? SMH.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:22pm On Apr 19, 2020
rka2:

Even though they have been residing in the Chad part of Lake Chad for years? SMH.
what's chad budget for their military? Nigeria should be able to defeat Iswap and boko haram to an extent they won't be able to move freely not to talk of still controlling some local government.

The only difference between GEJ and PMB tenure is that, boko haram controlled more land mass during GEJ tenure than buhari tenure.

We shall see how this present operation shall turn out, I hope we won't be here talking about boko haram still moving freely and comfortably in some part of Nigeria by this time next year.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Ken006: 12:47pm On Apr 19, 2020
Honestly speaking, Nigeria is one of the most armed forces in Africa and the world at large, but I think Nigeria is taking a long time to wipe BH.
The service chiefs should change their tactics and approach.
Also Nigeria should allow ECOWAS form a coalition force including Ghana, Senegal and i'vory coast, these countries soldiers are not facing any insurgency threat for now.
And honestly, Nigeria's service rifles are very poor...the AK's are old, at least Ghana and Senegal use M-16 series.
The battle is not only Chad's.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by demolition: 12:52pm On Apr 19, 2020
Ken006:
Honestly speaking, Nigeria is one of the most armed forces in Africa and the world at large, but I think Nigeria is taking a long time to wipe BH.
Also Nigeria should allow ECOWAS form a coalition force including Ghana, Senegal and i'vory coast, these countries soldiers are not facing any insurgency threat for now.
And honestly, Nigeria's service rifles are very poor...the AK's are old, at least Ghana and Senegal use M-16 series.
Like seriously?

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 1:04pm On Apr 19, 2020
Ken006:

Nigeria is Intentionally delaying this war because some peeps are massively enriching themselves from it.

A Country where the Airforce Jets never show up during attacks only to show us videos of Bombings on YouTube.

Even ISWAP attack FOBs knowing fully well no Jet fighter will come for backups.

The war is here to stay bro, its only a pity the boys in the trench will continually pay with their lives. But that is not an issue as recruitment will always take place at the Army Depot.

Let's enjoy the media Military Operation. Its now a week the COAS has been in Borno well maybe we are still re-strategizing.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:09pm On Apr 19, 2020
rka2:

This dude wants attention, don’t waste your time giving him ?

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 2:10pm On Apr 19, 2020
kenpaul0:
You can pass your comments without using foul language on our leaders. If someone uses similar language against the current what would you say? Suprised that everyone is keeping quiet to this

I'm sure you don't even know what a leader should look like.
I feel so sorry for your generation.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Litmus: 2:33pm On Apr 19, 2020
bidexiii:
44 Boko Haram members found dead in prison

https://punchng.com/44-boko-haram-members-found-dead-in-prison/

Dead Men Tell No Tales, which is why, if Sheku is in the NE and he’s captured, it may be in the greeter interest of Nigeria, he is brought in and kept alive.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 2:44pm On Apr 19, 2020
rka2:

Please don’t respond to him.
It is not worth the effort.
Much respect for your work.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by seankafor(m): 2:53pm On Apr 19, 2020
Owen, see how low you have reduced yourself. You might think this is a faceless forum and as such doesnt hold weight to your real life activities.. but even at that, you should be ashamed and bury your head in shame because you have made your e-profile a ridicule in such that no one wants to reply nor associate with you. Even begging people not to reply to you.

You re a shameless idiot wherever you are and take that as a compliment... thank you

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 3:25pm On Apr 19, 2020
LTGEN:

Please don’t respond to him.
It is not worth the effort.
Much respect for your work.
bidexiii:

This dude wants attention, don’t waste your time giving him ?

I know I should know better, but sometimes I am just sad that people can't see when there is a concerted effort against their country and they go along with it for political reasons.

I have supported the Nigerian military right from my teenage years through all sorts of Goverments, whether military or political (regardless of political party).

Nigerian society is not perfect. Why should the military be any different. These same people will then shift their allegiances once their political leader is in power even though things might be worse.

Even if you buy the .latest F15s or IFVs going, they will find fault. SMH.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 4:50pm On Apr 19, 2020
Troops in Yobe no get joy...
BHT also keep losing in Yobe why...

Home land Nigerian Troops Annihilate 105 Terrorist in an ongoing onslaught
LAND
Nigerian Troops Annihilate 105 Terrorist in an ongoing onslaught
By admin - April 19, 2020 78 0

BUNI GARI ENCOUNTER: Lt Gen TY Buratai Inspecting the Captured Arms & Ammunition at the Special Forces School Buni Yadi on Sunday 19 April 2020
BUNI GARI ENCOUNTER: BURATAI HAILS TROOPS FOR GALLANTRY, SUCCESSES AGAINST TERRORISTS

Following aggressive follow up/exploitation operation carried out by troops of Sector 2, Operation LAFIYA DOLE (OPLD), it is now comfirmed that a total of One Hundred and Five (105) Boko Haram/ISWAP Terrorists were neutralized during the Buni Gari encounter.

This was disclosed by the Commander Sector 2 OPLD Brig Gen Lawrence Araba while briefing the Chief of Army Staff and his entourage on Sunday.

Consequently, the Chief of Army Staff, Lt Gen Tukur Yusufu Buratai, applauded the troops for their gallantry and resilience that led to the killing of the 105 terrorists at Buni Gari in Gujba Local Government Area of Yobe state on Saturday the 18th of April 2020. He gave the commendation when he visited the injured troops at the Field Ambulance Logistics Base 3 Damaturu and Special Forces’ School in Buni Yadi on Sunday.

The visit was sequel to the successes recorded by the troops in neutralising 105 Boko Haram and ISWAP Criminals that attempted to infiltrate/attack Buni Gari Village in Yobe State on the 18th of April 2020. Gen Buratai visited two officers that were wounded in action during the Buni Gari encounter and other soldiers already on admission at the medical facility in Damaturu before proceeding to the Special Forces’ School in Buni Yadi where he and his entourage were briefed on the incident by the Commander, Sector 2 OPLD, Brig Gen Lawrence Araba.

Brig Gen Araba informed him that the recent success was as a result of intelligence report which revealed plan by Boko Haram/ISWAP terrorists to attack the village.

According to the Commander – “Based on intelligence received about the plan by the terrorists to attack Buni Gari, our troops swiftly intercepted and engaged the criminals in fierce battle that led to the killing of 105 Boko Haram/ISWAP terrorists as well as the capture of several arms and ammunition from the criminals”.

“Initial situation report reported that 10 terrorists were Neutralized. However, following exploitation by our troops, a total of 105 Boko Haram/ISWAP Criminals are comfirmed to have met their waterloo as a result of the encounter and some of the pictures are here for you to see Sir”.

The Commander further disclosed that items captured from the terrorists include five (5) AK-47 Rifles, three (3) GPMG, one (1) Duska Anti Aircraft Gun, one (1) PKT Gun, two (2) handheld radio, while one (1) terrorists’ gun truck was destroyed.

He added that several ammunition and ammunition links, two(2) hand grenades, two (2) magazines with ammunition and assorted hard drugs were captured.

All the seized arms and ammunition as well as the other items were inspected by the Chief of Army Staff.

While assuring the troops of necessary support, Gen Buratai charges them to upscale the momentum to ensure the defeat of terrorism very soon.

SAGIR MUSA
Colonel
Acting Director Army Public Relations
19 April 2020
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 4:55pm On Apr 19, 2020
105 dead terrorists killed yet only 5 ak-47 rifles were seized. Continue.

11 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 5:01pm On Apr 19, 2020
Xbee007:
Let's analyse When they Repelled the attack they counted 10+ dead bodies.During mopup they discovered More..
Possibly the survivals will Run with their guns possibly grin grin
If you want more gory image A guy on twitter will provide u with it .
According to him it's too gory for the eyes to see..

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 5:08pm On Apr 19, 2020
Xbee007:
I don't think the NA media team is so dumb they will release statements like this if it isn't true.
A toddler can do better lying.
I am also not saying it is true but a lot of things could have happened. Maybe the terrorist had time to evacuate their wounded and mostof their weapons before retreating. Maybe our soldiers took the weapons for theirselves and didn't report it. The memo said they initially hought the killed 10 of the terrorist but later found several other bodies.
Count the number of weapons they reported to have been captured and see the correlation.

But why is their figures always rounded up
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Kalapizim(m): 5:15pm On Apr 19, 2020
Xbee007:
there is more also

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Kalapizim(m): 5:16pm On Apr 19, 2020
Since some people like proof !

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 5:16pm On Apr 19, 2020
logo
FeaturedSecurity
How Nigerian Troops Artillery, Aerial Bombardments Neutralized Boko Haram, Bandits in Yobe, Katsina States
By JOHN ENENCHE - 3 hours ago

ARCHIVE: Troops-patrolling-Damboa-after-clearing-the-town-of-insurgents
ARCHIVE: Troops-patrolling-Damboa-after-clearing-the-town-of-in

1. The Air Component of Operation HADARIN DAJI has inflicted further damages on armed bandits in Katsina State by disrupting their attack on inhabitants of Kurechi and Qurzan Maikuka Villages of Dutsin-Ma Local Government Area of the State today, 18 April 2020. This occurred when a Nigerian Air Force (NAF) Agusta 109E (M) helicopter, which was providing close air support to troops of the Land Component operating West of Gusau in Zamfara State, was redirected to Kurechi and Qurzan Maikuka following reports of an armed bandits’ attack on civilians at the 2 communities.

2. The helicopter arrived the scene and engaged the bandits, neutralizing some of them while few others escaped with injuries. Thus, the 2 communities were rescued as a result of the operation.

3. In a related development, the Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, is scheduled to hold a meeting tomorrow, 19 April 2020, with Air Officers Commanding Operational Commands as well as the Commander of the Air Task Force of Operation LAFIYA DOLE and Air Component Commanders of various Theatres of Operations across the Country to work out strategies for enhancing NAF’s support for all Internal Security Operations.

4. The Armed Forces of Nigeria wishes to thank all Nigerians for their support and encourages the general public to continue providing useful information that would facilitate its operations to restore peace and security to all affected parts of the Country.

JOHN ENENCHE
Major General
Coordinator Defence Media Operations
Defence Headquarters
18 April 2020
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:16pm On Apr 19, 2020
Whyem15:

I don't think the NA media team is so dumb they will release statements like this if it isn't true.
A toddler can do better lying.
I am also not saying it is true but a lot of things could have happened. Maybe the terrorist had time to evacuate their wounded and mostof their weapons before retreating. Maybe our soldiers took the weapons for theirselves and didn't report it. The memo said they initially hought the killed 10 of the terrorist but later found several other bodies.
Count the number of weapons they reported to have been captured and see the correlation.

But why is their figures always rounded up

I heard around 12 BH were killed from reports of my friends there. I don't like posting pictures I usually get from Security units.

But make I water ground small. I am in a good mood today Chilling with my Sminorff at Nigeria Airforce Officers Mess Maiduguri grin

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 5:18pm On Apr 19, 2020
Kalapizim:
there is more also
look at that white terrorist..
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Kalapizim(m): 5:21pm On Apr 19, 2020
Toju200:
look at that white terrorist..
yeah their dressing looks like ISWAP
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 5:23pm On Apr 19, 2020
Kalapizim:
yeah their dressing looks like ISWAP
Exactly...
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by slimthugchimee2(m): 5:24pm On Apr 19, 2020
Kalapizim:
there is more also

What could have done this to that vehicle?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 5:24pm On Apr 19, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:

I heard around 12 BH were killed from reports of my friends there. I don't like posting pictures I usually get from Security units.

But make I water ground small. I am in a good mood today Chilling with my Sminorff at Nigeria Airforce Officers Mess Maiduguri grin
Oga sir well done o grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 5:27pm On Apr 19, 2020
Kalapizim:
there is more also
The army is wicked o grin just look that the way some of Dem brain shift look at dat one roasted dick grin grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:27pm On Apr 19, 2020
Toju200:
Oga sir well done o grin

Na this kind news man suppose dey hear grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Kalapizim(m): 5:28pm On Apr 19, 2020
slimthugchimee2:

What could have done this to that vehicle?
Hard to say oo

(1) (2) (3) ... (1138) (1139) (1140) (1141) (1142) (1143) (1144) ... (2205) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: Exnavyboy62 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.