Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,878 members, 7,876,346 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:20 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1181) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3087317 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1178) (1179) (1180) (1181) (1182) (1183) (1184) ... (2205) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 6:56pm On May 16, 2020
bidex111:
GOV. FINTIRI ENJOINS YOUTHS TO FORM VIGILANTE GROUPS FOLLOWING ATTACK ON MBEMUN

Governor Ahmadu Umaru Fintiri has enjoined youths to brace up and form vigilante groups in their communities to compliment efforts of security personnels In protecting their domain.

He was speaking when he led key stakeholders on an assessment visit to mbemun community of lamurde local government area following an attack on the community Friday night.

Governor Umaru Fintiri reiterated governments determination to ensure that its citizens across nooks and crannies of the state sleep with their two eyes closed.

He urged youths to brace up and form vigilante groups to protect their area assuring of support from security agencies.

He admonished residents not to take law into their hands but to always report any suspicious movement to security agencies.

The Governor added that he will liaise with relevant agencies to look into the importance or otherwise of the use of motorcycles considering the fact that must of such attacks are carried out on motorcycles

Contributing, Deputy Governor Chief Crowther Seth Commended the people for not taking law into their hands, stating that palliatives have been deployed to cushion the effect of the attack.

On his part, representative of the community expressed appreciation to the Governor for his timely response and prayed God to bring an end to such crisis.

Muhammad B. Tukur Gcfr
SSA New Media to the Governor
16th May 2020
See death and destruction shocked shocked shocked

So the governor is basically telling the youth in the state to defend themselves against these well-trained armed bandits cum terrorists. How on earth are they going to do that? Despite all the monthly security vote bandits still rein supreme.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 6:59pm On May 16, 2020
An IWI Tavor riffle-21 equipped with a grenade launcher.

2nd pic is a FN F2000

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 7:03pm On May 16, 2020
bidex111:
An IWI Tavor riffle-21 equipped with a grenade launcher.

2nd pic is a FN F2000
All these yeye politicians self. Who is he waving at?

*Edited: changed "to" to "at".

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 7:04pm On May 16, 2020
Xbee007:

All these yeye politicians self. Who is he waving to?

Bros you don dey vex.... grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 7:09pm On May 16, 2020
bidex111:
Concl
How I wish all unit of the Police Will be like the IRT
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 7:11pm On May 16, 2020
Xbee007:

All these yeye politicians self. Who is he waving to?
their mata tire me..
They should pls just deploy the IRT unit here infact the whole squad that dealt with the Ansaru terrorists

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 7:11pm On May 16, 2020
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 7:20pm On May 16, 2020
bidex111:

Bros you don dey vex.... grin
The way these northern governors are handling this issue of banditry is vexing. Bandits kill people, governor pay them a visit in a clear PR stunt to promise them heaven on earth. He leaves and bandits come back again. It's a circle that never ends.

I watched a TVC documentary the other day about banditry in Katsina State. The governor gave the bandits amnesty and even released some already arrested kidnappers back to the Fulani community. Did that stop them from continuing their booming kidnapping and cattlerusling trade?

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:26pm On May 16, 2020
The Governor is right. They should form more Vigilance group because the BH in Adamawa axis are not that lethal. Even most villages in Southern Borno are guarded by CJTF and Vigilantees/Hunters.

BH is more of a K*n*ri stuff kinda. That is why the Southern Borno did not give them much support.

Lemme don't say more make e no look like I am kinda tribalistic.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Fynline(m): 7:27pm On May 16, 2020
ugo4u:
The rate at which NAF churn out special forces is a bit of concern to me putting into Cognizance the number of years it takes to train Special forces unit in advanced countries with heavy resources and facilities compared to our own NAF that train special forces guys in less than a year with limited resources and training facilities. One is tempted to talk about the quality of this unit or maybe we're more concerned about quantity.
Be that as it may I think NAF should just deploy them full-time in the NE to support the army, they should forget about this there talk of base protection (though important), I won't be surprised if NAF have more special forces personnel than the army grin . We need as many boots on the ground as possible, in the NE to consolidate on recent victories at the theatre of operations.
In addition to that, Immigration, Police, Customs, NSCDC etc should be also massively redployed to hold the grounds captured by the military in other to enable them advance to other objectives. It makes no sense seeing checkpoints at almost every 5mins drive in the southern part of the country most especially with our limited personnel, when they will more useful in high risk areas.

The thing tire me. That is one you hardly hear anyone mention them when u list special forces in Nigeria. I think they are more like SOF than SF
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Salatavor: 7:33pm On May 16, 2020
bidex111:
GOV. FINTIRI ENJOINS YOUTHS TO FORM VIGILANTE GROUPS FOLLOWING ATTACK ON MBEMUN

Governor Ahmadu Umaru Fintiri has enjoined youths to brace up and form vigilante groups in their communities to compliment efforts of security personnels In protecting their domain.

He was speaking when he led key stakeholders on an assessment visit to mbemun community of lamurde local government area following an attack on the community Friday night.

Governor Umaru Fintiri reiterated governments determination to ensure that its citizens across nooks and crannies of the state sleep with their two eyes closed.

He urged youths to brace up and form vigilante groups to protect their area assuring of support from security agencies.

He admonished residents not to take law into their hands but to always report any suspicious movement to security agencies.

The Governor added that he will liaise with relevant agencies to look into the importance or otherwise of the use of motorcycles considering the fact that must of such attacks are carried out on motorcycles

Contributing, Deputy Governor Chief Crowther Seth Commended the people for not taking law into their hands, stating that palliatives have been deployed to cushion the effect of the attack.

On his part, representative of the community expressed appreciation to the Governor for his timely response and prayed God to bring an end to such crisis.

Muhammad B. Tukur Gcfr
SSA New Media to the Governor
16th May 2020
All this werey guard only one man and bandits come to raid thousands of unguarded people and they feel they have an important job. The Nigerian security services need to begin to define their priorities.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Jimi24: 7:35pm On May 16, 2020
Special Forces should be a certification program. You should not just "train and graduate" special forces and they go out immediately and become SFs.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Salatavor: 7:40pm On May 16, 2020
Fynline:

The thing tire me. That is one you hardly hear anyone mention them when u list special forces in Nigeria. I think they are more like SOF than SF
they are more like SOF, they are churning special forces they are doing this and that, the question is what is the Nigerian current national security threat definition? They are busy killing innocent Nigerians and we are training people we call special who cannot even protect our people within Nigeria? I mean what's special about their specialty? Even a well trained and equipped police force can stop banditry in Nigeria. When you have special forces, it is natural for the people to expect special results. Special force oshi.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 8:02pm On May 16, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:
The Governor is right. They should form more Vigilance group because the BH in Adamawa axis are not that lethal. Even most villages in Southern Borno are guarded by CJTF and Vigilantees/Hunters.

BH is more of a K*n*ri stuff kinda. That is why the Southern Borno did not give them much support.

Lemme don't say more make e no look like I am kinda tribalistic.

Even if the military presence are there and other security agencies are in ground they still need them to form vigilante group, that’s the bitter truth.
The military is over stretched, they can only come and clear and dislodge them from there hide out but they wouldn’t be able to hold or be there for a long time. And banditry should be the work of MOPOLs or CIVIlL DEFENSE and another hard truth is that there is little the state government can do because the military and other security agencies is controlled by the federal government.
Look at what Borno state government is doing they are seriously investing in the joint vigilante stuff and it’s bearing good result.
The only thing is the state government has to finance very well , provide them with vehicles to carry out patrols, radios, uniforms and some level of weapon to arm and protect the community. Train them, Standardize and professionalize it.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 8:08pm On May 16, 2020
Recent victories

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 8:27pm On May 16, 2020
Libya- GNA claims to have destroyed the Russiain air defense system upon arrival to al-Watiyah Airbase" (likely referencing Pantsir-S1/SA-22 Greyhound that reportedly arrived there today, which had several photos of it en route published).

A video footage from the UAV in the immediate aftermath of the strike that destroyed the LNA Pantsir-S1/SA-22 Greyhound in al-Watiyah.
Base looks low on activity & UAV operator doesn't seem to perceive any threat given his idleness.
Video- https://twitter.com/oded121351/status/1261722935674494979?s=21

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 8:42pm On May 16, 2020
bidex111:
Libya- GNA claims to have destroyed the Russiain air defense system upon arrival to al-Watiyah Airbase" (likely referencing Pantsir-S1/SA-22 Greyhound that reportedly arrived there today, which had several photos of it en route published).

A video footage from the UAV in the immediate aftermath of the strike that destroyed the LNA Pantsir-S1/SA-22 Greyhound in al-Watiyah.
Base looks low on activity & UAV operator doesn't seem to perceive any threat given his idleness.
Video- https://twitter.com/oded121351/status/1261722935674494979?s=21

Geolocation of the LNA Pantsir-S1/SA-22 Greyhound that was destroyed in a #GNA UAV strike:
32.467473, 11.916827

Southeast corner of al-Watiyah Airbase

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 8:54pm On May 16, 2020
dragon2:

The tucano was built from day one as a military aircraft. The first aircraft was called tucano emb 301 and emb 311. The proposal was to the Brazilian AF.
There is a reason millitary weapon systems are expensive....tolerance. For e.g. microprocessors on millitary electronics is completely different from commercial chips. Military components and platforms must be able to tolerate high gforce, large temperature swings,pressures,e.m.p. radiation,impact force/ shock. e.t.c. If you use civilian components or platforms they will fail. You don't do 8g's with a civil class plane.
That is why millitary tech is more expensive.
Inflated budgets is heavily censured in the U.S. what is possible is expensive un-required weapon systems.
The South African Nwari is not cheap at baseline $10M
(2011) with no known weapon system attached.

As for drones,
Which is cheaper? An expensive 50kg missile that has a small blast radius fired from a drone or a cheap 500lb dumb bomb dropped by an experienced pilot with a tremendous blast radius.

Edit. Don't forget, we make our own rockets now?which is as effective as missiles in blast range,can be used by tucanos but not drones.

The Embraer was built as a military training aircraft, absolutely correct. What's the particular point in that❓

There are so many aircraft, indeed the Alpha Jet was instituted as a trainer. Buy today it's probably out most effective and dependable ground attack asset over the decades. Yet it was essentially a training aircraft at inception.

Comparatively the South African Mwari was purpose built as a fighting light single engined turboprop aircraft. The approach has been modular. You said it has no identifiable weapon systems that's not true. It's stupendously adaptable to so many it has 24 hard points, the A29 has 5.

Remind me why the NAF is spending $600 million package.

We already have aircraft that can drop 500 pound bombs. Albeit not very accurately when you rely entirely on pilot ability it's not precision. It is well documented NAF dropping bombs on friendly and or wrong targets. That's not what you pay $600 million for.

The PC- 21 has been developed as a trainer too. The step to make it a fighter is simply academic and a question of choice.

This is not a conventional war , so dropping huge bombs is not the way to win it. The enemy invert fluid and the terrain is not open.

The rockets we make are not precision guided do you know the effective cast range❓ . They are struggling to exceed 1.5 km. That puts the aircraft delivering such munitions in a position of weakness for AA fire.

You made comparison to the UAV I presume the Wing Loong II, that has a 30 + hour endurance and a ceiling in excess of 30,000 ft. The A 29 has a endurance of 5 hours plus. And it can read a cars number plate from unseen high altitude and drop it's munitions right on the enemy person head. That reduces collateral and means you can be a very patient dog waiting for a big bone to chew.

This war will not be won in the air, it will be won by our fighting men on the ground.

Until ground forces are equipped with up to date communication infrastructure, fit for purpose armoured fighting vehicles in the right numbers. We will still be discussing the issue ad infinitum.

Finally, which would you rather have 50 Wing Loong II UAV with complete 24 hr over watch and 2000 fit for purpose assorted MBT, IFV, APC, MRAP, LAV, tracked and wheeled with a good 15% with RWS in the HERE & NOW. Or 12, A29 turboprop aircraft that will be delivered on or before 2024 projected.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 9:15pm On May 16, 2020
Kabe2:

You should at the very least have the decency to quote what I actually said.

I said PMB has done better for the military than GEJ/Ya'Ardua.
This is what I said.

Like I said previously carry out your own research, I don't need to spoon feed you with sources.

It is right in front of your eyes.

I over extended the parameters of comparison with all past regime. But you have rightly asked for it to be kept as GEJ Vs PMB.

To make that deduction you would have to make value and impact comparison of all military procurement made by both of them.

Unfortunately you do nothing of the sort, but like a typical partisan politician. You birth the proposition and then you attempt to legitimise but with absolutely nothing to make that deduction upon.

I question you and you want me too substantiate it for you. You made the proposition, you should by comparison analysis prove it not me.

I do think, this is not particularly helpful. l know how emotive sentiment drives people here to positions of support and you are going into rancourous politics with this approach.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 9:23pm On May 16, 2020
bidex111:

Even if the military presence are there and other security agencies are in ground they still need them to form vigilante group, that’s the bitter truth.
The military is over stretched, they can only come and clear and dislodge them from there hide out but they wouldn’t be able to hold or be there for a long time. And banditry should be the work of MOPOLs or CIVIlL DEFENSE and another hard truth is that there is little the state government can do because the military and other security agencies is controlled by the federal government.
Look at what Borno state government is doing they are seriously investing in the joint vigilante stuff and it’s bearing good result.
The only thing is the state government has to finance very well , provide them with vehicles to carry out patrols, radios, uniforms and some level of weapon to arm and protect the community. Train them, Standardize and professionalize it.

There is historical baggage that's preventing the MOBILE police from progressing and being updated with equipment for modern policing.

Mobile police should have progressed beyond AK47. When the threats level has gone way beyond that.

Criminals and bandits are using GPMG and RPG7.

They are outgunned and need to be upscaled to deal with current threats.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 9:23pm On May 16, 2020
Salatavor:
they are more like SOF, they are churning special forces they are doing this and that, the question is what is the Nigerian current national security threat definition? They are busy killing innocent Nigerians and we are training people we call special who cannot even protect our people within Nigeria? I mean what's special about their specialty? Even a well trained and equipped police force can stop banditry in Nigeria. When you have special forces, it is natural for the people to expect special results. Special force oshi.

Agreed without reservation
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 9:41pm On May 16, 2020
komekn:

There is historical baggage that's preventing the MOBILE police from progressing and being updated with equipment for modern policing.

Mobile police should have progressed beyond AK47. When the threats level has gone way beyond that.

Criminals and bandits are using GPMG and RPG7.

They are outgunned and need to be upscaled to deal with current threats.

Even we the Army infantry are using the regular Ak47 and GPMG likewise the MOPOL, what matters is training and a little bit of equipping.

Don’t forget few months ago some joint member of NPF/MOPOL and other arm of the police neutralized some BHT.
What they really need is the right training and motivation.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by joshingjosh(m): 9:57pm On May 16, 2020
bidex111:

To them, the military is not overstretched, that's why you see MILITARY men Manning check points in the east when we need more boots on ground in the North sad

You see MILITARY men providing security details for civilians when police is there (I don't even like this idea of sending security men to protect every tom, dick and Harry).

Like today, there was a Convoy of flashy cars(better ones oo, convertible and Dodge Challenger) with police escort. Guess what? It was been driven by young guys with ladies inside undecided undecided.. but I dey envy them oo grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 10:07pm On May 16, 2020
bidex111:

Even we the Army infantry are using the regular Ak47 and GPMG likewise the MOPOL, what matters is training and a little bit of equipping.

Don’t forget few months ago some joint member of NPF/MOPOL and other arm of the police neutralized some BHT.
What they really need is the right training and motivation.
if ABBA Kyari The super cop was IGP surely the situation would have been taken care of..
That guy and his unit performs wonders.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 10:16pm On May 16, 2020
joshingjosh:

To them, the military is not overstretched, that's why you see MILITARY men Manning check points in the east when we need more boots on ground in the North sad

You see MILITARY men providing security details for civilians when police is there (I don't even like this idea of sending security men to protect every tom, dick and Harry).

Like today, there was a Convoy of flashy cars(better ones oo, convertible and Dodge Challenger) with police escort. Guess what? It was been driven by young guys with ladies inside undecided undecided.. but I dey envy them oo grin grin
It's high time we amend our gun laws & grant private security coys to the right to use arm(under strict supervision/regulations).
Once this is achieved, we can now gradually withdraw all our security agents guarding private citizens, cooperate organisations etc Private security outfit should take charge of all this so that we can properly use our security agents for their primary duties. The case of E-money and the police IG comes to mind, let these coys have license to carry at least Pistols. If we have a robust system for private security coys to thrive it will be a win-win situation for everyone apart from job creation the much needed demilitarisation of the civic space will be raised to an appreciable level.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 10:20pm On May 16, 2020
Toju200:
if ABBA Kyari The super cop was IGP surely the situation would have been taken care of..
That guy and his unit performs wonders.
Thats because they're well equipped and have the best of technology and equipments at their disposal. If such level of investment on Abba Kyari and his unit is replicated in all police formation, or at least across say one unit in each geo-political zone there is no operation he is doing now that won't be done efficiently.
Forget that we always abuse the Police, they have very brilliant & dedicated personnel it's just that most of them are handicapped wrt access to the right tools to carryout their job.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 10:38pm On May 16, 2020
ugo4u:

Thats because they're well equipped and have the best of technology and equipments at their disposal. If such level of investment on Abba Kyari and his unit is replicated in all police formation, or at least across say one unit in each geo-political zone there is no operation he is doing now that won't be done efficiently.
Forget that we always abuse the Police, they have very brilliant & dedicated personnel it's just that most of them are handicapped wrt access to the right tools to carryout their job.
Abba kyari team are like the least equipped unit in the police..
They hardly wear ballistic vest,they never wear helmets or combat boots only Civilian clothes and their Jackets with the inscription IRT,Face cap too.
What's special about them is their courage and morale..

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Habane(m): 10:55pm On May 16, 2020
Toju200:
They hardly wear ballistic vest,they never wear helmets or combat boots only Civilian clothes and their Jackets with the inscription IRT,Face cap too.
And TECHNOLOGY

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 11:48pm On May 16, 2020
Special Units are not founded, organized and trained to COMPARE with other nation's Special Teams. NAF considered its budget, mission scope, terrain blah blah before setting the standard of men that could join the unit. The bakery can only produce according to the standard of the customer(Nature of Warfare) so to speak.

If you're a student of Special Warfare history like me you must have heard of the Sri Lankan Army Commandos. You need to see their pass rate, it could sadden you. USAF's Combat Controller Selection has an attrition rate of 50%, MARSOC Assessment & Selection, 46% and on and on.

Many here judge this team with the next organization not even taking into respect difference in missions, area of ops etc. Why should the Panthers be judged by teams that have Worldwide sphere of ops and so on.

IMO, the NAF have the best guys for the vision/mission of that service. SF or commando or whatever name they slap on them, the NAF guys are committed, trained and are hungry to learn & prove themselves (The first batch that were in AFSF can attest)
I still like my SBS tho, anytime any day. tongue

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 11:51pm On May 16, 2020
Odunayaw:

IMO, the NAF have the best guys for the vision/mission of that service. SF or commando or whatever name they slap on them, the NAF guys are committed, trained and are hungry to learn & prove themselves (The first batch that were in AFSF can attest)
I still like my SBS tho, anytime any day. tongue
But if I were to advise. I'd say NAF should chill on "swelling" the numbers. Attrition hasn't really affected the unit, so why the rush.
Furthermore, expand the scope of the SF to include FAC/JTAC
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 12:08am On May 17, 2020
Toju200:
lol!
Any policeman that see this you're comment will burst into laughter. Ask questions, Abba Kyari unit is one of the elite units in NPF.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 12:26am On May 17, 2020
ugo4u:

lol!
Any policeman that see this you're comment will burst into laughter. Ask questions, Abba Kyari unit is one of the elite units in NPF.
yes of course it's one of the best unit but haven't u seen them before...
Kit up those guys like CTU they'll perform twice wat they do..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1178) (1179) (1180) (1181) (1182) (1183) (1184) ... (2205) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 29 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.