Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,877 members, 7,876,344 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:16 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1191) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3087292 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1188) (1189) (1190) (1191) (1192) (1193) (1194) ... (2205) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Mulatta(m): 10:29pm On May 21, 2020
Patented:
24/7 ISR Coverage!!!! How na? How many aircraft would u need? How many pilots would be required?
Aircraft maintenance engineers nko?
How many images and how much footage would be produced?
How many skilled analysts will you have poring over the thousands of hours of footage with more being produced hourly?
Borno and Yobe are not backyard sized, Larger than Belgium in fact.
Fantasy has no place in war. No one has that capacity.
Hi
For a country with little resources ISR will be hard, the thing is its actually possible to perform ISR coverage over Nigeria for 24/7. The united State has a special unit whose job is to focus on IMINT using two tools " reconnaissance satellites and aerial assets like the U-2 and A-12". And the only time that unit uses aerial assets is when the satellite isn't within that area of interest and if that area is within a country with the technology to take the satellite down.
So can Nigeria do it?? Nigeria has the resources to get a reconnaissance satellites and set up IMINT unit, so instead of sending aerial assets every time for ISR the satellites can do that with the aerial assets as extra confirmation.
Simple Satellites images + predator + aerial assault or ground assault = faster clearance.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Juchii(m): 10:41pm On May 21, 2020
Salatavor:
ha! You outnumber Aircowas? And you are happy? Nigeria the giant of Africa, the same Nigeria that sponsored Russian jet fighters with Cuban pilots during the bush wars in South Africa (read the book diplomatic soldiering by Joe Garba Nigerian foreign minister during Murtala), the same Nigeria that declared Barclay's bank persona non grata, the same Nigeria that launched the first African satellite into space, Nigeria the powerhouse of African economy, you say we outnumber ecowas and we try? Ha! You are not a man of great expectations. The problem is most of the military enthusiasts here self don't have great expectations. They will even defend it if Nigerian army choose to paint keke na Pepe in bush colours and ride straight to the front line.

They seem to forget who we are. We are not midgets, we defend ecowas, ecowas countries do not need jet planes if Nigeria is what it used to be. These one came here to compare Nigeria with Cotovoire so that he can massage his conscience.

I am a bit choked by what Nigeria was before but you misunderstood me. I am not here for dick measuring contest. I am just happy by the feat they have achieved at this moment and I expect more will come.
And by the way, all ECOWAS state should start now to arm themselves heavyly because if care is not taken we will be like another middle East.
The rate at which terrorist and dangerous arms finds there way into west Africa is so alarming.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 11:00pm On May 21, 2020
Whyem15:
Even the best trained, best equipped forces in the world gets ambushed. US lost several soldiers due to IED attack and then ambush in Iraq, Russia lost lot's of good men to same in AfI ghanistan. Israel was dealt with by hezbollah using the same tactic. It is a common tactic used by militants when they are fighting more equipped forces. The only thing that can be done is to train troops on how to minimize casualties if they find themselves in that kind of condition.

The term Ambush is not synonymous with defeat.

"No be who first report to police de win case"

When you go into a an area of contention you are expecting contact as well as possible ambush. The only thing is you don't know when.

On the other hand depending on your strategic approach. For instance on search and destroy missions. The hunter Boko can become the hunted.

In this regard getting ambushed is not the problem it's but how you respond to it.

You need to make a demarcation between an IED and or Suicide bombs attack and an ambush.

US and allied forces casualties were predominantly by IED and or suicide bomb attack not ambushes in excess of 65%.

Since the start of the Afghanistan war there have been over 3000 allied deaths. But align that statistic to number of IED and Suicide bomb incidents each year in excess of 15,000.

Now link that to the number of deaths each year in Afghanistan and allied deaths since 2001 almost 20 years. On average that's about 150 casualties each year, from 15,000 incidents.

The Taliban have not been overly successful with thier ambush attacks on allied forces. Because in most cases allied forces will turn the tables and respond to the detriment of Taliban insurgents.

The reason why Boko are seemingly having a devastating effect with thier ambushes are pretty much obvious.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by AskiaHarem(m): 12:16am On May 22, 2020
SerikinGamo:

What exactly do you mean by air dominance?

Does BH/ISWAP have any flying platform?

What am I missing here?

You didn't know? BokoHarem is now operating MIGs. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Eta22seconds(m): 12:44am On May 22, 2020
bidexiii:
BATTLEFIELD IMAGES & NA OPERATIONS .
Who can explain the 2014 tank battle between the BHT captured Vickers and NA T-72?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by S400: 4:22am On May 22, 2020
nemesis8u:

The irony is that the British army hanged/shot hundreds of their soldiers on charges of cowardice which were actually cases of shell shock .

Decades later the British army apologized and asked for forgiveness . Later on the use of word ' shell shock ' was banned to hide their guilt .

If the guy was in a firefight , than matters r different

But since the guy was in a ied explosion therefore things r not same.

No sane soldier will rant against his coas unless he lost it completely . The last thing anyone can accuse him is of being a coward.

A human mind is fragile, like flour , mould it , twist it on ur whims

Just to put into context

Do you know how sound played on a unwilling victim can render the victim more pliable to brainwashing or if one wants render the victim completely mad within one hour or so .

Won't share details for obvious reasons but my intent is to show how fragile a human mind is and hence stress not to judge based on emotions as in this case there is enough circumstantial evidence to prove otherwise. Cases of shell shock r very common in a warzone.

You said
" information warfare is very important against guerrillas, terrorists and even in classic wars "

I agree
But let me play the devil's advocate here

We are willing to create space for foolish citizens who r dumb and idiotic enough to fall prey to information warfare from terrorists no less but we r not willing to provide the necessary space to soldiers who r victims of war, just because we r not aware of the extreme psychological damage , forget about physical injuries that a unfortunate soldier encounters during his duties. Damage to the mind is worse than damge to the body . Just because we can't see it doesn't mean everything's ok .

Note : I agree with u regarding the OPSEC part , hence I removed that portion from ur quote.

From the medical view , i cant explain it correctly in english specially for psychiatry , but it has nothing to do with shell shock , ( shell shock symptoms to simplify it's more an mutic attitude and position (sometimes the soldiers will tell you he is deaf or dumb, or blind), sometimes you will find him folded in half or in a squatting position with inability to get up , sometimes totally paralyzed or hemiplegic or paraplegic; even when the clinical examination showed no lesion capable of explaining these attitudes. So nothing to do with what this soldiers did . its even the opposite

Also if you suspect an acute stress disorder to simplify you will find a subjective sense of numbing, detachment, or absence of emotional responsiveness . same for the Posttraumatic stress disorder , the main caracteritics of this two disorders is that the patient systematically avoids any event or discussion leading to his emotions or the subject. There is also in both case and exageration of danger feeling . the patient fell himself always in danger unsecure ,

You will not take your phone when terrorists are maybe not far , connect to your instagram , facebook and make a video to your followers to talk about what happened and share your feelings easily + i'm not sur if the operation area have good 4G network to upload live video but if its found that he uploaded the video later when returning to the basment or a town , his case will be worst .

And even if we suspect a traumatic neurosis the elements do not match. but I am not a psychiatrist and even psychiatrists can't make an accurate diagnosis from a short video . but from my little experience with psychiatric cases of soldiers . Playing the psychiatric card will be difficult for him .

For the military view , first thing you learn unconsciously during formation or service is whatever the shit and hardness of the training or the situation, you do not complain to people outside , on social media and especially not to your family. when your family calls you , even if its like hell for you , you say mam everything is fine . what will his poor mother and family feel when they see his video ? , without talking about military reserve obligation and the fact he should report his problems to his hierarchy not on social media's , that there is military doctors in operational units , psychiatrists in military health system that i'm sure have a lot of cases with this war , so for me this cry baby is a shame for his military brothers . feeling fear is normal , even going hysteric maybe , running for his life it happen, but nothing can justify sharing a video on social media's and say what he said .

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:10am On May 22, 2020
Eta22seconds:

Who can explain the 2014 tank battle between the BHT captured Vickers and NA T-72?

I don’t understand your question, probably you rephrase and make your question clear ?
Probably you’re talking about gwoza 2015 ?

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:26am On May 22, 2020
S400:

From the medical view , i cant explain it correctly in english specially for psychiatry , but it has nothing to do with shell shock , ( shell shock symptoms to simplify it's more an mutic attitude and position (sometimes the soldiers will tell you he is deaf or dumb, or blind), sometimes you will find him folded in half or in a squatting position with inability to get up , sometimes totally paralyzed or hemiplegic or paraplegic; even when the clinical examination showed no lesion capable of explaining these attitudes. So nothing to do with what this soldiers did . its even the opposite

Also if you suspect an acute stress disorder to simplify you will find a subjective sense of numbing, detachment, or absence of emotional responsiveness . same for the Posttraumatic stress disorder , the main caracteritics of this disorder is that the patient systematically avoids any event or discussion leading to his emotions or the subject. There is also in both case and exageration of danger feeling . the patient fell himself always in danger unsecure ,

You will not take your phone when terrorists are maybe not far , connect to your instagram , facebook and make a video to your followers to talk about what happened and share your feelings easily + i'm not sur if the operation area have good 4G network to upload live video but if its found that he uploaded the video later when returning to the basment or a town , his case will be worst .

And even if we suspect a traumatic neurosis the elements do not match. but I am not a psychiatrist and even psychiatrists can't make an accurate diagnosis from a short video . but from my little experience with psychiatric cases of soldiers . Playing the psychiatric card will be difficult for him .

For the military view , first thing you learn unconsciously during formation or service is whatever the shit and hardness of the training or the situation, you do not complain to people outside , on social media and especially not to your family. when your family calls you , even if its like hell for you , you say mam everything is fine . what will his poor mother and family feel when they see his video ? , without talking about military reserve obligation and the fact he should report his problems to his hierarchy not on social media's , that there is military doctors in operational units , psychiatrists in military health system that i'm sure have a lot of cases with this war , so for me this cry baby is a shame for his military brothers . feeling fear is normal , even going hysteric maybe , running for his life it happen, but nothing can justify sharing a video on social media's and say what he said .

Gbam, You nailed it. What the soldier did is wrong to be honest. Giving the situation the soldiers have been through, anyone can crack . But It is not everything you post on social media. I am sure the guy is probably having a rethink now.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Eta22seconds(m): 8:19am On May 22, 2020
bidexiii:

I don’t understand your question, probably you rephrase and make your question clear ?
Probably you’re talking about gwoza 2015 ?
Don’t really know. I saw a thread somewhere about a tank Battle between NAT-72 and a BHT captured Vickers tank. Can’t remember the location of the battle though.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 8:34am On May 22, 2020
bidexiii:

I believe Nigeria has a country is rich but the Army budget can’t do that in a single year. Another thing is our military budget is too small for a country facing serious security threats.
Only the federal government can come to there bail. They can spread it over a period of four years getting like 100-200 of MRAPs/IFV over the period of four years.
It’s just about planning and the will .
if the ARA is proven platform, and it's cheap compared to foreign variants, I believe requesting for emergency #100bn from the NASS to acquire at least 1000 locally made and assembled MRAP/IFV within a year or 2 won't be impossible.
we are losing a lot of young men and exposing more to PTSD without treatment.

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 8:48am On May 22, 2020
giles14:
if the ARA is proven platform, and it's cheap compared to foreign variants, I believe requesting for emergency #100bn from the NASS to acquire at least 1000 locally made and assembled MRAP/IFV within a year or 2 won't be impossible.
according to the Army The ARA is combat proven...
I wonder what they are waiting for in acquiring more of it
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 10:32am On May 22, 2020
Salatavor:
ha! You outnumber Aircowas? And you are happy? Nigeria the giant of Africa, the same Nigeria that sponsored Russian jet fighters with Cuban pilots during the bush wars in South Africa (read the book diplomatic soldiering by Joe Garba Nigerian foreign minister during Murtala), the same Nigeria that declared Barclay's bank persona non grata, the same Nigeria that launched the first African satellite into space, Nigeria the powerhouse of African economy, you say we outnumber ecowas and we try? Ha! You are not a man of great expectations. The problem is most of the military enthusiasts here self don't have great expectations. They will even defend it if Nigerian army choose to paint keke na Pepe in bush colours and ride straight to the front line.

They seem to forget who we are. We are not midgets, we defend ecowas, ecowas countries do not need jet planes if Nigeria is what it used to be. These one came here to compare Nigeria with Cotovoire so that he can massage his conscience.

Thank you very much, AGREED WITHOUT RESERVATION OR QUESTION ❓

Our expectations are so low our self esteem on the floor. That we now commend mediocrity as excellence.

How debased is it compare ourselves to the small countries in Ecowas. Nigerias population alone probably exceeds the population of the entire sub region.

Our strategic projection requires that we should be playing big brother in the sub region and beyond. Because otherwise it eventually impacts on us negatively.

France and the EU are in our Sub region because we FAILED to play the role we should have.

Now Boko and it's affiliates are running wild in our Sub region. And we call ourselves the giant of Africa.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 10:41am On May 22, 2020
Faithful007:
the action is definitely wrong. Its only the reason that can explain something, maybe he lost a close pal in his unit, who he's been fighting alongside for years. I don't know how much NA psychologically prepares their soldiers, if he is not prepared to see his close friend torn apart, he can be heavily traumatized and begin to question the reason he is even fighting. war is beyond the excitement we see in pictures.

Without understanding the circumstances prior you cannot with self birthed conceited indignation make a judgement of condemnation.

That vehicle is not fit for purpose indeed 80%+ of the vehicle the NA are using are not fit for purpose.

That vehicle looks like a recovery vehicle with troops loaded on top. I am sure they would have complained incessantly. And been told "obey the command" and ignored and if they say anymore it becomes insubordination.

Just the same way we were ferrying troops into the war Killin zone in the back of big yellow dumpster truck ( Madness). Or course it was hit and the deadly devastating results well known.

Experience is not knowledge and longevity is not innovation. I have watched the delivery model of the NA and it needs renewing.

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 10:49am On May 22, 2020
komekn:

Without understanding the circumstances prior you cannot with self birthed conceited indignation make a judgement of condemnation.

That vehicle is not fit for purpose indeed 80%+ of the vehicle the NA are using are not fit for purpose.

That vehicle looks like a recovery vehicle with troops loaded on top. I am sure they would have complained incessantly. And been told "obey the command" and ignored and if they say anymore it becomes insubordination.

Just the same way we were ferrying troops into the war Killin zone in the back of Nigeria big dumpster truck ( Madness). Or course it was hit and the deadly devastating results well known.

Experience is not knowledge and longevity is not innovation. I have watched the delivery model of the NA and it needs renewing.

Agreed. It WAS a recovery vehicle. We need to ask the NA why it's using such vehicles like they are APCs and IFVs.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 10:49am On May 22, 2020
phazotron:

It is possible

Not cheap but possible

Air dominance is something that must be desperately addressed

Or else bodies will keep falling

VERY POSSIBLE.

The term full coverage is not neccesarily literal it's strategic coverage.

You cover points on interest, contention taking cognisance of enemy potential targets. An appreciation of approach channels.

A UAV with ISTAR gives you, overwatch, very long endurance and precision strikes at the enemy.

That over watch MUST BE COMPLEMENTED with a fast and able offensive response. With NA units on the ground. Not the defensive posture that we seem to be predominantly taking.

That
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 10:57am On May 22, 2020
GabrielYulaw:

Agreed. It WAS a recovery vehicle. We need to ask the NA why it's using such vehicles like they are APCs and IFVs.

It's as obvious as daylight why we get bloodied at ambush. We just don't have the right response strategy as well as the right fit for purpose armoured fighting vehicles.

Maybe until just very recently the NA did not have a definitive IFV in its inventory until very very recently. But the numbers are so insignificant it makes little or no difference.

Boko is a rag tag army that has limited resources but we are struggling with. WHY.

This war could be effectively over in one month with right investment and strategic well thought out procurement of fit for purpose equipment.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 11:07am On May 22, 2020
giles14:

First of all we don't have time to wait for 2 years. Every day you delay there someone son, father, brother and or Uncle that will die.

You don't begin to carry out testing in the middle of a war we are fighting on too many fronts. You buy existing platforms tried and tested and available NOW.

What we are paying for limited functionality and sift skinned pick up trucks innoson( Chinese) and toyoya gun trucks. Will get us far better LAV'S that are fit for purpose and used APC's and IFV's from the eastern block, HERE and NOW

Then what's the comparative cost of our own very limited supply of MRAP'S and Light Armoured vehicles.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 11:39am On May 22, 2020
Juchii:
According to Defense news Nigeria

The Nigerian Air Force outnumber the combined Air Force of 16 ECOWAS member states by almost two to one and soon it will start to receive some desperately needed modern aircrafts....

Our airforce is stupendously outdated and ineffective by comparison to our peers in Africa.

Our comparative peers are Egypt, Algeria, South Africa, Angola all of thier airforces will simply blow us away like dust.

However, countries like Ethiopia, Sudan, Morocco Uganda, who are not on par with us, will also leave us for dead, particularly Sudan that's in our strategic zone of sorts. Has the capacity to strike us very badly without us having the capability to respond.

Uganda has SU30 and Ethiopia SU27 we are buying 3 Pakistani JF- 17 and some people here are commending our top brass and PMB.

Such are the depths of mediocrity we have sunk too.

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 11:45am On May 22, 2020
komekn:

Our airforce is stupendously outdated and ineffective by comparison to our peers in Africa.

Our comparative peers are Egypt, Algeria, South Africa, Angola all of thier airforces will simply blow us away like dust.

However, countries like Ethiopia, Sudan, Morocco Uganda, who are not on par with us, will also leave us for dead, particularly Sudan that's in our strategic zone of sorts. Has the capacity to strike us very badly without us having the capability to respond.

Uganda has SU30 and Ethiopia SU27 we are buying 3 Pakistani JF- 17 and some people here are commending our top brass and PMB.

Such are the depths of mediocrity we have sunk too.
Uganda has SU30 but are they still operational...
That's the question.its not about having Dope Aircrafts but do u have the bills to sustain em.Also We are buying more than 3 JF17.The First three is to arrive November more are coming.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by dragon2(m): 12:06pm On May 22, 2020
Some are asking for million dollar drones to prevent ambushes but have forgotten we dont yet have the few thousand dollar MRAPs required by our soldiers to beat an ambush. The men on the ground want something to give them a fighting chance,Mraps, lots of grenades (both smoke and frag),mortar and proper training on beating ambushes with these weapons.If we can't furnish them with MRAP's what will drones do? If wishes were horses we will all ride. we deal with the budget we know not fantasize on "Giant of Africa".
We are talking about drones but here we have a recovery vehicle ambushed because there is not enough MRAPs to go round. Are we suggesting the Army cant move around against BH without the air-force saying it is safe, esp. in an uncontested airspace? Surely that is not possible!
I just laught at some suggestions,by the time you unload a few drone missiles you have bought ARA2 MRAP.
Concerning drones.
Again,we already have drones. If we wanted to do surveillance ahead of troop movement we can do it.If we wanted to use the beechcraft surveillance to give a heads up it can be done. However the running cost for each minor troop movement is too much in comparison with giving our troops proper protection and weapons to beat an ambush.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 1:10pm On May 22, 2020
Toju200:
Uganda has SU30 but are they still operational...
That's the question.its not about having Dope Aircrafts but do u have the bills to sustain em.Also We are buying more than 3 JF17.The First three is to arrive November more are coming.
really never know more are coming.thought it was just 3
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:26pm On May 22, 2020
S400:

Also if you suspect an acute stress disorder to simplify you will find a subjective sense of numbing, detachment, or absence of emotional responsiveness . same for the Posttraumatic stress disorder , the main caracteritics of this two disorders is that the patient systematically avoids any event or discussion leading to his emotions or the subject. There is also in both case and exageration of danger feeling . the patient fell himself always in danger unsecure ,

You are a doctor and I am not , so I can't defend the same on medical grounds grin

In my defense , I think NA in their press release talked about medical care ( psychological ) which they would not have done if they thought it was a act of deliberate cowardice or premeditated slandering.

Just for reading

https://www.ncmh.info/2017/10/06/remember-shell-shock/

As for complaints etc by military personnel I agree there is a rule where it is forbidden to share grievances with outsiders ( and every soldier must follow it strictly ) but to put things into perspective let me give the analogy of premeditated crime and crime of passion . If you get the difference you might understand what I am pointing to.

If a normal soldier abuse CO he will be dismissed and sent to prison.

If a soldier who under duress abuse CO he will be put under medical care if the authorities deem it necessary and later either demoted if declared fit for service or dismissed from service with retirement benifits ( due to humanitarian reasons ) or reemployed in civilian jobs under army if deemed unfit for military service or maybe dismissed from service after medical treatment without any financial benifits.

Any one of these will happen as determined by a military CoI ( court of inquiry ). It is very difficult to fool military courts especially on indiscipline charges. They don't take it lightly.

Note : where I come from , regular artillery duels happen , plus regular CT ops and cross border raids , IED blasts etc , shell shock/PTSD is a worrying problem.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 1:40pm On May 22, 2020
giles14:
really never know more are coming.thought it was just 3
we're looking at 25-40 of the JF17 platform
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 3:07pm On May 22, 2020
Toju200:
we're looking at 25-40 of the JF17 platform
Echoing ancient thoughts on this thread & Beegs blog or you're certain.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 3:17pm On May 22, 2020
Odunayaw:
Echoing ancient thoughts on this thread & Beegs blog or you're certain.
NTa even said it.
Obviously we can't end at 3 jf17

Nigeria all set to buy 25-40 JF-17 jets from Pakistan - The Nation
https://nation.com.pk › 06-Dec-2014 › ni...
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Juchii(m): 3:21pm On May 22, 2020
Keep laying ceremony of Nigeria navy ship LST - 100 in UAE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIs9P3q1_Ew

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 3:43pm On May 22, 2020
komekn:

First of all we don't have time to wait for 2 years. Every day you delay there someone son, father, brother and or Uncle that will die.

You don't begin to carry out testing in the middle of a war we are fighting on too many fronts. You buy existing platforms tried and tested and available NOW.

What we are paying for limited functionality and sift skinned pick up trucks innoson( Chinese) and toyoya gun trucks. Will get us far better LAV'S that are fit for purpose and used APC's and IFV's from the eastern block, HERE and NOW

Then what's the comparative cost of our own very limited supply of MRAP'S and Light Armoured vehicles.

who is talking of 2years.
Annamco with its machinery and staffs could produce BTW 400-800 unit of the ARA MRAP in collaboration with proforce,NTC kano could produce same ,innoson PAN could do btw 200-400 .

so we are looking at between 1200-2000+ within a year

provided that there is availability of engine transmission suspension and amour grade steel.

it can be done but is there willpower on the part of govt?
all proforce would do is just outsource, and keep on improving on its designs.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by slimthugchimee2(m): 3:49pm On May 22, 2020
giles14:
who is talking of 2years.
Annamco with its machinery and staffs could produce BTW 400-800 unit of the ARA MRAP in collaboration with proforce,NTC kano could produce same ,innoson PAN could do btw 200-400 .

so we are looking at between 1200-2000+ within a year

provided that there is availability of engine transmission suspension and amour grade steel.

it can be done but is there willpower on the part of govt?
all proforce would do is just outsource, and keep on improving on its designs.

2000mraps within a year? In this same Nigeria?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 3:59pm On May 22, 2020
slimthugchimee2:

there's no nation with that capability I presume we're looking at quality not quantity.
And by the way they produce based on demand
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by slimthugchimee2(m): 4:02pm On May 22, 2020
Toju200:
there's no nation with that capability I presume we're looking at quality not quantity.
And by the way they produce based on demand

I am just quoting the guy on how he thinks we can produce 2000mraps within a year, nawa
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 4:05pm On May 22, 2020
slimthugchimee2:

I am just quoting the guy on how he thinks we can produce 2000mraps within a year, nawa
grin grin
Even some of the companies he listed just assembles vehicles not actually wield a piece here and there.
Proforce,DICON, Innoson and OSV are the only companies that I believe if all cooperate at least 500 MRAP a year is sure

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 4:17pm On May 22, 2020
slimthugchimee2:

if engine transmission suspension and amour grade steel are available, kano ,Kaduna, bauchi, enugu ,nnewi, ogun ,Lagos.all have heavy truck assembly plant. with most sitting idle due to covid19 its possible but is he Govt committed.

1200-2000 might look ridiculous but its achievable if we have the will.

https://www.nairaland.com/5592311/35-vehicle-assembly-plants-nigeria

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1188) (1189) (1190) (1191) (1192) (1193) (1194) ... (2205) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: IGpro1(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.