Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,204,019 members, 7,987,664 topics. Date: Monday, 28 October 2024 at 02:07 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1246) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3177198 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1243) (1244) (1245) (1246) (1247) (1248) (1249) ... (2215) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 2:58pm On Jun 21, 2020
Toju200:
arm a drone with rockets and you'll have to fly at a closer range to hit target accurately.You stated with a UCAV you get to Carry out Combat and ISR at the Same,What comes to mind is the Super Tucano Built for COIN operations and has more payload that UCAV..
12 supertucano we zpent over 400 mil.
And the funny thing is we gonna crash atleast 2 within 3 yrs of delivery killing 4 promising pilots.am not being devilish.with that cash i can get over 60 wing loong uav with weaponry save the remaining cash and won't be losing pilots in mishaps

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 3:49pm On Jun 21, 2020
Stormtrooper11:

And the funny thing is we gonna crash atleast 2 within 3 yrs of delivery killing 4 promising pilots.am not being devilish.with that cash i can get over 60 wing loong uav with weaponry save the remaining cash and won't be losing pilots in mishaps
you're sure u can get me 60 ucav plus the weaponry and you'll spend at least 2mil a day for the cost of weapons they dispense and u think 400mil will be enough....
We've been flying The Alpha jet since the beginning of the war and has lost only one to BHT..
Talk less of the Tucano that will fire laser guided rockets and drop bombs at a safer
Distance
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 3:51pm On Jun 21, 2020
Stormtrooper11:

what you're trying to say now is that the US air Force special operation command going for the Tucano instead of more Reaper Drones don't know what they are doing

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 4:08pm On Jun 21, 2020
Home
Airforce
1. The Air Task Force (ATF) of Operation LAFIYA DOLE has neutralized several Boko Haram Terrorists (BHTs) and immobilized one of their gun trucks at Bula Korege, a terrorists’ logistics distribution centre and meeting point, on the fringes of the Sambisa Forest in Borno State. This feat was achieved via air strikes executed on 17 June 2020 as part of missions being conducted under the subsidiary Operation LONG REACH after a Nigerian Air Force (NAF) Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) aircraft spotted a large number of BHT fighters and a gun truck within the settlement. Consequently, the Air Task Force scrambled its fighter jets to attack the location.

2. Upon arrival overhead the settlement, the NAF jets engaged the target area, taking out some structures and neutralizing some of the terrorists. The gun truck, while retreating from the location due to the strong firepower from the air, began engaging the attack aircraft with its anti-aircraft gun. However, the jets, after conducting evasive maneuvers, tracked the vehicle and subsequently immobilized it a few kilometres outside the village. The occupants of the truck, who attempted to flee, were mopped-up in follow-on attacks by the fighter jets.

3. The Chief of the Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, commends the ATF for their dedication and professionalism. The Defence Headquarters equally urge them to intensify the air offensive against the terrorists and all other criminal elements in the country.

JOHN ENENCHE
Major General
Coordinator
Defence Media Operations
Defence Headquarters
20 June 2020
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 4:16pm On Jun 21, 2020
Toju200:
what you're trying to say now is that the US air Force special operation command going for the Tucano instead of more Reaper Drones don't know what they are doing

Be very careful.

You are making a statement that is simply not true. The entire programme with regards to light turboprop aircraft is classed as experimental.

Go and do you the research.

Finally, ask yourself, you can do the open source research. How many of these aircraft are in the entire USA inventory in the first place compared to all the other platforms. Take note there are several different platforms not just the Tucano in consideration. Which was retrofitted by the USAF to make it what it is today.

Then how many times compared to the other air platforms have they been deployed across the multiple locations of conflict the USA is engaged in across the globe.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 4:22pm On Jun 21, 2020
komekn:

Be very careful.

You are making a statement that is simply not true. The entire programme with regards to light turboprop aircraft is classed as experimental.

Finally, ask yourself, you can do the open source research. How many of these aircraft are in the entire USA inventory in the first place compared to all the other platforms. Take note there are several different platforms not just the Tucano in consideration. Which was retrofitted by the USAF to make it what it is today.

Then how many times compared to the other air platforms have they been deployed across the multiple locations of conflict the USA is engaged in across the globe.

it's the same thing I'm saying why didn't they go for More Reaper Drones instead of Turbo prop light attack aircrafts undecided

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 4:30pm On Jun 21, 2020
bidexiii:
#COIN

Can you see how this set up in itself has already put those troops at a distinct disadvantage.

There is no elevation and therefore no spatial situational awareness. Imagine at night the peril our guys are facing you with desperate Boko suicide dudes crawling on through and detonating themselves once inside the trench.

From the trench it means your engagement will always be close, you have no clear advantage they Boko could easily lob a grenade at 50 metres.

My conclusion out guys are very brave indeed we are making things so dam difficult for them with outdated and archaic practices.

What's the point of even having a optic scope on your assault rifles in a trench when you have no elevation. You barely have 100-150 metres clear vision. Iron sights will do.

Nigeria soldiers are suffering and you can see how a lack of basic battlefield management and strategy is causing our totally very high casualty rate.

God bless and protect our very Galant and long suffering men.

12 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 4:36pm On Jun 21, 2020
Toju200:
it's the same thing I'm saying why didn't they go for More Reaper Drones instead of Turbo prop light attack aircrafts undecided

Look at how many UAV the USAF have and how often they are deployed.

Then how many light turboprop aircraft they have, don't think they are up 30. That in USAF means negligible and of very little significance and or value.

So the person you are buying the product from doesn't use it or value it. What does that make you who is buying it.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 4:47pm On Jun 21, 2020
komekn:

Then how many light turboprop aircraft they have, don't think they are up 30. That in USAF means negligible and of very little significance and or value.

So the person you are buying the product from doesn't use it or value it. What does that make you who is buying it.
they deploy the drones for high value targets...
The Turboprop aircrafts are experimental cos the need something for COIN
Once they find what suits their need of course it will come in Large Numbers..
It has little value yet they are looking for the right one for COIN operations. undecided
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 5:09pm On Jun 21, 2020
komekn:

You urself said it was experimental, so why should they acquire lots of its.
So far afghans use it, and looking at the spec of this aircraft, even a layman knows it is an authority in coin...
Most especially for developing militaries,, unlike drones, it is cheaper to run, and can both be used as offensive in safe flight Zones like BH and a training platform
Most especially, this baby can dance in the air ling enough with a lot of rain to water targets on ground.

"The sturdy, propeller-driven Super Tucano is a perfect fit for the operational requirements, physical environments and budget limitations of U.S. partner countries. The Super Tucano is currently operated as a light attack/ISR platform by more than a dozen countries including Angola, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Chile, Colombia, the Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Ghana, Honduras, Indonesia, Mali, Mauritania, the Philippines, and Senegal.

The A-29 was built precisely for the kind of conflicts and operating environments relevant to most U.S. partners. Based on a competitive procurement, in 2013 the U.S. Air Force awarded a contract for the A-29 to be provided to the Afghan Air Force (AAF)"

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:13pm On Jun 21, 2020
It is reported that the combat trainer L-39 of the Libyan National Army made an emergency landing due to technical problems near the border with the Republic of Niger. According to some reports, both pilots were arrested.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by BlackBaron: 5:14pm On Jun 21, 2020
Stormtrooper11:

Look,drones are even more suitable for Coin...
Wing Loong 10-20 rockets? Lol. Go find out and come back. Alpha jets and co. carry a panoply of guided, unguided, gun pods and so. A drone's 400kg vs 2000kg+ fixed wing aircraft load out? Add that Turkey and China are going for hard power foreign policy until you drill down to statistics of some of their drones.

Let's invest significant sums into 'Tamborghini' because we can't afford Bugatti only for the former to break down in garages and sheds a year later.

Syria/Libya; go rewatch the types of assets they were taking out with their drones. Armour, anti air, SAMs, houses, etc not Boko boys running across fields.

Go watch Funker530 on YT and see real gritty combat against insurgents, CAS and tell me why UCAV pioneers aren't swarming the battlefield willy nilly.

Heck, NAF videos are clear as daylight showing why. Can drones execute attacks at close range, NOE flying, situational awareness or even the psychological impact of an aircraft thrusting back/forth on a battlefield?

My last take on this.

10 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 5:18pm On Jun 21, 2020
Toju200:
they deploy the drones for high value targets...
The Turboprop aircrafts are experimental cos the need something for COIN
Once they find what suits their need of course it will come in Large Numbers..
It has little value yet they are looking for the right one for COIN operations. undecided
I seriously doubt NAF still uses drones in combat. No single proof whatsoever that the China made drones are active.
Considering the bad press the CH-4 has gotten from countries using it, I can understand why.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:19pm On Jun 21, 2020
[/b]From Jan. 2020 to 14/6/2020, it is believed that the deadly BokoHaram terrorist group operating in NorthEast Nigeria have carried out attacks, kidnappings and rustling of animals of nearly 1,175 with a combined death toll of about 696 [b]

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 6:15pm On Jun 21, 2020
BlackBaron:

Yes, let's buy some $ million drones with tethering and reliability issues because we have' crude oil money'.

Nigeria is better off with MALE drones for reconnaissance and intelligence, a few more helicopters and fixed wing assets than payload restricted UCAV. Besides this is an insurgency not a conventional army like used in Syria or Libya. Great to take out one or two targets, then what happens next?

Strafing runs, multiple hits and so are required dealing with BH convoys. Not your one hit wonders.

Holistic mindset not throwing money at a target is what's required here.

A Wing Loong II UAV can carry 12 ATGM's it has can stay airborne for over 30 hours. It's ATGM have a range of 10km plus with precision. It can carry precision bombs too.

The accuracy is close to 100% it can read a cars number plate. It also can give you 24 hour situational awareness so if you placed one UAV over an area of contention / consideration it will give you coverage continous over 50 km wide radius.

That means anytime Boko come out Night or Day and are on the move. You will see them.

So you have the option to direct units in the vicinity to neutralise them or you get the UAV to do it.

Efficacy of UAV's is longer in doubt.

Putting all that behind.

What do Boko really have that is so problematic for our military do deal with.
❓ ❓

Thats the question.

Boko have rickety gun trucks mounted with HMG, these gun trucks are not armoured. Lots of Rpg7's and of course the IED's and a limited number of SVBIED.

I watched how we abandoned a Vickers MTB that could easily neutralise 15/20 gun trucks on its own. WHY.

Then we call on the airforce, this war will be won on the ground not in the air.

Finally, we need a lot more of everything. Our supply chain and logistics management, I can project is very poor that limits your battlefield strategy. We don't have enough heavy lift helicopters and or aircraft 5 C130 is very, very inadequate.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 7:38pm On Jun 21, 2020
NAF Super Tucano.

11 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 7:40pm On Jun 21, 2020
rka2:
NAF Super Tucano.
Delivers payload of long talks and tears into this thread

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 7:47pm On Jun 21, 2020
I have been reading the July issue of Air Forces Monthly and regarding the Jordanian Air Force's CH-4B, they offered the CH-4B MALE UCAVs for sale, despite being only 3 years old, for "failing to meet RJAF standards".

And that is being generous.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 7:48pm On Jun 21, 2020
Odunayaw:
Delivers payload of long talks and tears into this thread

Doesn't it just grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jun 21, 2020
Nigerian army will always embarras you.
This is how we treat our men in the frontlines. Sad, but some thieving Generals will have the guts to loot money meant for their men.

https://dailypost.ng/2020/06/21/release-approved-funds-zakari-sani-captain-attacked-by-herdsmen-begs-nigerian-army/

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by joshingjosh(m): 8:56pm On Jun 21, 2020
Toju200:
As u can see from the pics these are like permanent FOBs so the need for the HESCOSs unlike ours it's not troops don't stay there for up to two weeks they are always moving...

Toju stop na ...you mustn't always defend everything, at least not this one that is too obvious.... just take a look at that pics of 29 task force OPLD.. they have hut...guy this is 21st century cry cry...they can easily do R and D to produce local type of hesco barrier wall.

Besides, am a big fan of Nigerian Military oo... especially SBS cool cool... Just surprised Sha, it's not all our bell helicopters that are armed shocked shocked....I saw one fly pass my location

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 9:10pm On Jun 21, 2020
joshingjosh:

Toju stop na ...you mustn't always defend everything, at least not this one that is too obvious.... just take a look at that pics of 29 task force OPLD.. they have hut...guy this is 21st century cry cry...they can easily do R and D to produce local type of hesco barrier wall.

Besides, am a big fan of Nigerian Military oo... especially SBS cool cool... Just surprised Sha, it's not all our bell helicopters that are armed shocked shocked....I saw one fly pass my location
grin it's just my own opinion.. some one has explained better for me
Is it the Bell 412 cos they mount their weapons when needed like the Rocket and Gun pods
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by joshingjosh(m): 9:33pm On Jun 21, 2020
Toju200:
grin it's just my own opinion.. some one has explained better for me
Is it the Bell 412 cos they mount their weapons when needed like the Rocket and Gun pods

I actually don't know, but I Know it's a bell helicopter, with desert camo painting
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 9:41pm On Jun 21, 2020
joshingjosh:

I actually don't know, but I Know it's a bell helicopter, with desert camo painting
412 it is that's the only Bell the NAF operate.
Navy:Bell jet ranger but not in camo grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 10:11pm On Jun 21, 2020
Toju200:
Just because the u.s is going for somethin' doesn't mean nigeria should go too.we got different problems and requirements
Na copy copy wey dey kill us

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 10:14pm On Jun 21, 2020
Toju200:
you're sure u can get me 60 ucav plus the weaponry and you'll spend at least 2mil a day for the cost of weapons they dispense and u think 400mil will be enough....
We've been flying The Alpha jet since the beginning of the war and has lost only one to BHT..
Talk less of the Tucano that will fire laser guided rockets and drop bombs at a safer
Distance
We have lost alot of alpha jet man.lets say atleast 5.
Even a 10 year old knows drones are cheaper to maintain and fly,maybe u haven't checked our fuel costs presently

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 10:19pm On Jun 21, 2020
Only one Alpha Jet lost piloted by Wing Commander Hedima during the current campaign. The other one lost, I think in 2013, was in Mali.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:20pm On Jun 21, 2020
spetsnaz:
Nigerian army will always embarras you.
This is how we treat our men in the frontlines. Sad, but some thieving Generals will have the guts to loot money meant for their men.

https://dailypost.ng/2020/06/21/release-approved-funds-zakari-sani-captain-attacked-by-herdsmen-begs-nigerian-army/

A Captain? shocked shocked
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 1:15am On Jun 22, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:

A Captain? shocked shocked
Long story short
This is an old story.
Captain has been taken care of.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by avidleo: 1:43am On Jun 22, 2020
www.military.com/daily-news/2020/02/07/us-special-operations-command-now-wants-its-own-light-attack-aircraft-fleet.html/amp&ved=2ahUKEwi3rP6dmJTqAhWJ2BQKHWQADAIQFjANegQIChAB&usg=AOvVaw0ULQCzEqAbvWaOHdzeO0Uh&ampcf=1

komekn:

Be very careful.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Jimi24: 6:49am On Jun 22, 2020
Childish, silly, video game mentality carried too far. UCAV technology is not mature. Maybe the Americans get more operational reliability based on more rigorous pre mission maintenance. The days of putting UAVs in the air and shooting missiles or deploying them in a swarm are still far in front of us

(1) (2) (3) ... (1243) (1244) (1245) (1246) (1247) (1248) (1249) ... (2215) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.