Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,245 members, 7,887,695 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:26 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1502) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3097815 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1499) (1500) (1501) (1502) (1503) (1504) (1505) ... (2205) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:29am On Jan 19, 2021
shadowprimezero:
@SamuelAnyawu I'm hearing reports that the T'Chadians are on the move and currently entering Borno to reinforce the MNJTF contingent over an impending operation. Any word from the field?

Yes bro. Cameroonians from the Southern/Central Borno axis, while Chadians from the Northern Borno axis.

The Operation is going to begin simultaneously. I Heard it's the Final Showdown cool

A Colonel here told us it's going to be massive. I mentioned here last week of lots of Artillery piece from the Nigeria Army rolling in.

February will definitely be a month to remember.

In the Colonel words " They know we are coming for them, but we are coming for them
"

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by joshingjosh(m): 7:18am On Jan 19, 2021
bidexiii:
NAF LOSES SF PERSONNEL IN GUN DUEL AS TROOPS OF SECTOR 1 OF OPERATION HADARIN DAJI NEUTRALIZE 30 ARMED BANDITS AT MAJE RIVERLINE IN ZAMFARA STATE

Troops of Sector 1 of Operation HADARIN DAJI have neutralized no fewer than 30 armed bandits at the Maje Riverline near Yar Katsina under Bungudu Local Government Area of Zamfara State. This was achieved when the troops from Forward Operating Bases (FOBs) at Kekuwuje, Kwatarkwashi and Maru, comprised mostly of Nigerian Air Force (NAF) Special Forces (SF) personnel, were mobilized in response to reports that scores of armed bandits, along with a large number of rustled livestock, were spotted heading towards Kekuwuje-Yar Kastina Road.

The troops made contact with the armed bandits along the Yar Katsina Road and overpowered them with superior firepower in the ensuing gun battle. The troops subsequently pursued the bandits and cornered them at the Maje Riverline, neutralizing 30 of them. Unfortunately, one NAF SF personnel, Aircraftman Sunday Enwa, who fought gallantly during the encounter, paid the supreme price while 3 others, who sustained gunshot wounds during the operation, have been evacuated for medical treatment.

The Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, on behalf all officers, airmen, airwomen and civilian staff of the NAF, commiserates with the family of the fallen hero and prays that the Almighty God grants his soul peaceful repose. The CAS also urges all NAF personnel to remain resolute and continue to work assiduously, in synergy with sister Services and other security agencies, to rid the Northwest of all criminal elements.

IBIKUNLE DARAMOLA
Air Vice Marshal
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force
18 January 2021

This is one thing I like about NAF...they value their Airmen and officers..they brought out official statement on the death of an airman unlike NA

10 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:33am On Jan 19, 2021
#NAF
#C130

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Geronimoe: 8:29am On Jan 19, 2021
How about Lake Chad axis? If that place is not cleared out and the big Islands occupied, then I don't see this ending any time soon.
SamuelAnyawu:

Yes bro. Cameroonians from the Southern/Central Borno axis, while Chadians from the Northern Borno axis.

The Operation is going to begin simultaneously. I Heard it's the Final Showdown cool

A Colonel here told us it's going to be massive. I mentioned here last week of lots of Artillery piece from the Nigeria Army rolling in.

In the Colonel words " They know we are coming for them, but we are coming for them
"

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by persius555(m): 9:04am On Jan 19, 2021
dudex82:
BokooHaram in a new propaganda video released on Monday showed its members mimicking military drills and assault on a checkpoint.

https://humangle.ng/boko-haram-mimics-military-drills-checkpoint-assault-in-propaganda-video/

Releasing footages like this is just grandstanding. Its an indication that they have been hit real hard in recent times.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by mekussa(m): 10:11am On Jan 19, 2021
Geronimoe:
How about Lake Chad axis? If that place is not cleared out and the big Islands occupied, then I don't see this ending any time soon.

The same thoughts ran through my head. However, i think this operation to clear the forest areas is the more difficult of the two and should be done first.

The navies lake Chad countries of the MNJTF can do their mop up clearance after the boko asses have been softened by artillery and air bombardment...... Island by island.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 11:15am On Jan 19, 2021
GabrielYulaw:

And there lies the crux of the issue. So many here feel a compulsion to praise the NA for everything and anything, whereas a few others take the time to look at the overall scenario and question if much more cannot in fact be done more cheaply and better too so as to bring the war to a speedy conclusion.

Most here are the type to praise their governors for building a f***ing road. Others like Komekn demand more and are vilified for it. We love mediocrity a lot and differing opinions are looked upon as being hateful and bad belle. That's the tragedy of Nigeria.

There are people I agree are on the list of Objective critics, Samuel Anyanwu, maybe, Komekn? hell no!
that dude is a certified low IQ.
Even if he has objectivity at the back of his mind based on Google assisted mass transit of thoughts, he is too dumb to pass his thoughts across.
When a grown arse man with two hard balls in the process of "criticizing" Nigeria's Devil's Chariot places it in tandem with the Apache, that person is a r@tard!!

He made a constructive case for the Winglong 2, he lost the debate on the grounds of cost of missiles but made a valid point on recon, I suppose its a consensus that Nigeria needs the A29 for staffing & cheaper missions while CH4 keeps an eye from the sky, Since Nigeria got it, did you hear anything from him afterwards?

That dude is a bitter motherfvcker, make no mistakes, you don't need to be a military fan to be here, you just need to shut the fvck up when your mouth stinks.

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 11:29am On Jan 19, 2021
illumined:
They will say I'm a hater grin , so, had it been the Nigerian Army didn't have the helicopters and aircrafts, iswap would have overrun almost all their bases, and massacred most of the brave warriors?

Take away the air support, then let's see. grin

Ask them to go fight unarmed Nigerians, you will see the lion in them. This one does not require air support. They will handle it themselves.

Its Iswap's job to deny Nigeria its air capabilities same way Nigeria is reuniting them with their virgins fantasy, just get used to the idea, all is fair in war!!

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 11:46am On Jan 19, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

"

They should be mindful of booby traps!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by The5DME(m): 11:48am On Jan 19, 2021
jpphilips:

They should be mindful of boobi traps!
.... "booby"
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:56am On Jan 19, 2021
True
jpphilips:

Its Iswap's job to deny Nigeria its air capabilities same way Nigeria is reuniting them with their virgins fantasy, just get used to the idea, all is fair in war!!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Geronimoe: 12:55pm On Jan 19, 2021
mekussa:

The same thoughts ran through my head. However, i think this operation to clear the forest areas is the more difficult of the two and should be done first.

The navies lake Chad countries of the MNJTF can do their mop up clearance after the boko asses have been softened by artillery and air bombardment...... Island by island.

Fighting in wet and marshy lands is no joke, you even have outgrowths that could conceal enemies just some meters away. And the hardest thing is how to move and maneuver your hardware.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 3:08pm On Jan 19, 2021
A Quick Question wink

In a joint operation with neighboring countries how do they communicate effectively towards achieving a successful operation in regards to Language Barriers.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 3:14pm On Jan 19, 2021
Geronimoe:

I heard it will be cleared.

If the attacks does not go on simultaneously it will just be a waste of effort and time. This BH/ISWAP are good in Maneuvering between Local Governments.

Lets watch and see shaaaaa grin grin grin.

My only vex be say i am going on annual leave soon. Well its not easy i have spent 5 months in a deep field. Signs of PTSD already

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 3:55pm On Jan 19, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:
A Quick Question wink

In a joint operation with neighboring countries how do they communicate effectively towards achieving a successful operation in regards to Language Barriers.
Both NA and Chad officers have staff who speak
English
French
Hausa
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Raaven: 4:03pm On Jan 19, 2021
OFF TOPIC ..... humor .

winter transfer window : next recruit in Boko Haram to motivate the troops after the last losses

imaminem _ hell fire .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNnj5FgLznA

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 4:21pm On Jan 19, 2021
Raaven:
OFF TOPIC ..... humor .

winter transfer window : next recruit in Boko Haram to motivate the troops after the last losses

imaminem _ hell fire .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNnj5FgLznA
Lol
The musical, made it difficult to comprehend...
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Raaven: 4:37pm On Jan 19, 2021
paratrooper

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by yoged(m): 5:23pm On Jan 19, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

"
. smiley

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by cutievik: 5:49pm On Jan 19, 2021
yoged:
. smiley
What if these BHT's guys choose to dissolve into the populace in this heat and reconvene later...Mad o

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by seankafor(m): 6:13pm On Jan 19, 2021
cutievik:

What if these BHT's guys choose to dissolve into the populace in this heat and reconvene later...Mad o
that's the issue now sad
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:36pm On Jan 19, 2021
grin grin over ten 40 barrel Rockets fired shocked shocked

Abi it has started already? grin

I no dey see the rocket inside sky if not I for take pix cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 6:45pm On Jan 19, 2021
cutievik:

This is the problem I have with the police force, they should be the ones responsible for preventing the terrorists from seeking cover with the civilians in the various towns liberated.
They should be training tens of thousands of recruits and officers by now to effectively police the northeast and northwest. But we all know the gist.
Aided by the intelligence agencies.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Raaven: 7:01pm On Jan 19, 2021
BM 21 GRAD . MRLS

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 7:21pm On Jan 19, 2021
Sahara Reporter, aka, number one enemy of Nigeria is already dragging NAF for posting fake images as images of recent ops in Marte. Out of the four images posted by NAF, only one was old yet Sahara Reporter is discrediting the veracity of the entire collection.

I don't blame them though, sychopant who care more about their pocket than the military have continued posting old images as new muddling the whole thing up and when they are corrected, they labeled people as jealous and unpatriotic.

This is also why some people have issues with most of us on this thread, especially when they posts old images and videos claiming they are new.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 7:38pm On Jan 19, 2021
https://twitter.com/Affan1030/status/1351593315867779074?s=20
Troops advance in Alagarno forest cool
#TURA TAKAIBANGO
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by seankafor(m): 7:41pm On Jan 19, 2021
Toju200:
https://twitter.com/Affan1030/status/1351593315867779074?s=20
Troops advance in Alagarno forest cool
#TURA TAKAIBANGO
how can one support the Nigeria military apart from prayers ?
I want to be part of this success cool
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 7:50pm On Jan 19, 2021
Nigeria air force special forces Rescue three women from BHT den today cool

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 10:59pm On Jan 19, 2021
tutudesz:

Looks like CMS 338 Lapua

I am not certain what particular high calibre sniper rifle it is.

But it should be a major part of your mitigation strategy for dealing with the hugely effective "gun trucks" for Boko.

It will clearly take a 50. Cal ( 12.7mm) high calibre round. It will very easily put a big hole in the engine block of any soft skinned pick up truck. Rendering it totally immobile and thats at 1000metres or more and the rest is easy.

These gun trucks with thier HMG are not stabilised and far from accurate and will struggle to hit targets with any precision beyond 600 metres.

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:54am On Jan 20, 2021
Lest I forget, the Nigerian soldiers who played active roles in Odi and Zakibiam massacres, how is life after retirement like for them?

Is the country taking proper care of them?

Are they among the Nigerian Army retirees who come on tv to lament about worsening conditions?

The Army retirees lamenting on tv today, were among the soldiers who unleashed mayhem on Nigerians during their active days. Life comes at you so fast.

The ones who stormed Fela Anikulapo's home to deal with him, and threw his mother to the floor, ultimately causing her death, how is their life like today?
To the bloody recruits in the Army, how is life going to be like for you 20 years from now?

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 2:18am On Jan 20, 2021
Xbee007:
Sahara Reporter, aka, number one enemy of Nigeria is already dragging NAF for posting fake images as images of recent ops in Marte. Out of the four images posted by NAF, only one was old yet Sahara Reporter is discrediting the veracity of the entire collection.

I don't blame them though, sychopant who care more about their pocket than the military have continued posting old images as new muddling the whole thing up and when they are corrected, they labeled people as jealous and unpatriotic.

This is also why some people have issues with most of us on this thread, especially when they posts old images and videos claiming they are new.

The NAF media handler Goofed big time. If you come to me that you intend selling 4 pieces of Land in Abuja that belongs to you. During my investigation I discovered one of the lands doesn't belong to you as initially claimed. Do you think I will trust the legitimacy of the other three?

Na our media incompetence dey give Sahara food to Chop. That media handler will be sacked in a Private organization.

11 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:05am On Jan 20, 2021
OFF TOPIC

Sometimes you wonder why would a soldier betray is country and his fellow brothers in Arm's way ?

U.S. Army Soldier Arrested For Attempting To Help ISIS Conduct Deadly Ambush On U.S. Troops

ADIC Sweeney: "Bridges could have chosen a life of honorable service, but instead he traded it for the possibility of a lengthy prison sentence."

Full statement: https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/pr/us-army-soldier-arrested-attempting-assist-isis-conduct-deadly-ambush-us-troops

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1499) (1500) (1501) (1502) (1503) (1504) (1505) ... (2205) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.