Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,022 members, 7,931,525 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 07:47 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1612) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3132649 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1609) (1610) (1611) (1612) (1613) (1614) (1615) ... (2208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by seankafor(m): 8:08am On Apr 05, 2021
What is happening in my owerri..

Make dem no turn Owerri to borno

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:09am On Apr 05, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:
They should not turn my darling Imo state into what I’m currently witnessing with my eyes here in Borno.

Abeg I wan club for Xhrine with Cubana Chiefpriest and some sweet IMSU girls especially those posh girls living at Titanic hostel opposite IMSU gate.

Bokoharam came for the police/Army- They were cheered

Bokoharam came for Christians especially Igbo businessmen at Monday market- They were cheered.

Now the “cheerers” are living in tents Hungry.

War no Good
They also run southerners buying beans in the North East out of business.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:13am On Apr 05, 2021
Whyem15:

The entire South East region is just slightly larger than half of Borno state, it will take two sides less than 3 months to turn the whole region into wastelands. Turning millions of people into IDPs with several thousands dead. Normal economic activities will stop and the ordinary people will only be concerned with how to survive and what to eat.
Death and destruction isn't what any reasonable person should hope for. The southeast elders should call their youths to order before it is too late and it is about to be too late.
By now, merchants of war would have been contacting some of the militants, offering them resources and hopes that they can win, they are only after their own profits and will move on to the next conflict as soon as this is over with.
Though the SE geopolitical region have a small land mass, but is still large. It won't be easy as you're saying it. The best is for the FG to find a way to calm down the unknown gunmen doing this trash.

Let's negotiate with them.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by cutievik: 8:14am On Apr 05, 2021
I wish we could seat on the table and discuss way forward....these men were chanting "bullet na water".. meaning they were Jazzed up. I see Abia State, Rivers state suffering same fate...

No prior intelligence on this attack at the very heart of the city..my guy, we dey live by God's grace....
We can use technology to beat back this stupidity, How can one reach the police force? The Army or DHQ's..how??
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by cutievik: 8:15am On Apr 05, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
Though the SE geopolitical region have a small land mass, but is still large. It won't be easy as you're saying it. The best is for the FG to find a way to calm down the unknown gunmen doing this trash.

Another group go rise sha, but we can and yet fix the rot.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:16am On Apr 05, 2021
Body of one pilot intact, other still lost

Kingsley Nweze in Abuja

The wreckage of the Nigerian Air Force fighter jet that went missing last week may have been found in Bama, Borno State, an authoritative military source told THISDAY yesterday.

The source said it was found with the body of one of the pilots intact. The pilot was Flight Lieutenant Chapele Ebiakpo. He, however, said the body of the other pilot, Flight Lieutenant John Abolarinwa, is still being searched for, explaining that troops on the ground have been asked to intensify their search.

The Air Force had declared the Alpha Jet fighter aircraft, NAF 475, missing on March 31, saying a few days later that it might have crashed.

The terrorist group, Boko Haram, had claimed responsibility for the crash but the military refuted the claim.

THISDAY source said last night that the jet, which took off from Maiduguri Airport crashed five minutes after take-off at an estimated altitude of 15,000 feet, explaining that at that height no missile by Boko Haram could have hit and brought it down.

“Given what we have seen, the jet could not have been hit by any missile. It must have been caused by a technical fault that would be revealed by ongoing investigations,” he said.

The jet, according to Air Force spokesman, Commodore Edward Gabkwet, was on an interdiction mission in support of ground troopsas part of the ongoing counterinsurgency operations in the North-eastwhen it lost contact with the radar.

“The loss of radar contact occurred at about 5:08 p.m. on 31 March 2021,” he said in a statement last week.
https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2021/04/05/wreckage-of-missing-naf-alpha-jet-475-found-in-bama/
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 8:19am On Apr 05, 2021
The situation in the Southeast is extremely worrying, some of you won't understand untill you are on ground. Never in my life will I ever believe people of the lower Niger will ever be indoctrinated beyond redemption by anyone. Kanu has managed to win majority of the people to his side, initially this were unemployed young men now even some intellegensia are crossing over to his side. This young men are willing to die for him/his cause w/o even thinking twice, just like zombies they're waiting for orders from Kanu to unleash mayhem on anyone they see as enemies especially gov't agents. If you talk against their leader you maybe lynched. No much difference btw them and religious extremists in the north). The day these army of angry guys lay hold on sophisticated weapons they'll begin to engage the army in their barracks or even attempt to overthrow a state governor. The south east Governors have failed woefully to show leadership, this has made the people see them as part of the problem, where there is no justice, there is no peace. FG also have their own fair share of the blame as Kanu is using real issues on ground to manipulate people and win more converts, they say since the Police/Army kill them for fun when they go for peaceful processions, then it's better for them to die fighting. We all saw how Igboho suddenly became an ethnic champion with followings because of the farmers/herders crises that the gov't has failed to tackle and is seen to even take sides.
This was how Bokoharam started before transitioning into an uncontrollable monster, if we don't find a peaceful solution to this, as I still believe we can salvage the situation other than that another monster worst than Bokoharam may emerge. SE/SS haven't got much land space like the north, most places are built up and insurgency (assymetric) will bring unimaginable destruction, Sadly these guys don't care.
All the checkpoints in the region including those manned by the military are nothing but extortion points no serious checks is carried out(Very embarrassing).

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 8:19am On Apr 05, 2021
cutievik:

524 sf deploy to eungu with two mi 35 yesterday
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:20am On Apr 05, 2021
cutievik:

The FG tried to negotiate with Boko Haram, Boko Haram refused to negotiate.

You will think the military will finish them off after they refused to negotiate, but here we are years after that.

With the way things dey go for Nigeria, whether we negotiate with the unknown Gunmen I'm the South East or not, another group might still rise in future.

I still see ethnic and religious violence happening in some Northern states after GMB leaves in 2023 and a southerner takes over from him.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by upko: 8:20am On Apr 05, 2021
JOSCOFELIX:
control by police and civil defence. at night not more than 36 police guarding there
Command Headquarters and Owerri Prisons are separated by a Fence. Imo state govt House is behind.
Government house alone has a shit ton of police, dss and civil defense, even the army are right inside there. Heck even the governors convoy should be able to repel that attack.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EricBraven: 8:23am On Apr 05, 2021
cutievik:
Imo state police command attacked and burned, Nigeria Prison correction facility bursted into Prisoners freed in Imo state. .The Nigerian Police force is a joke...

Army Barracks might be next.... This is a phycological booster to every ESN unit out there, "If Imo could do it, then we can".....May God help us.
They won't dare, if you think they would let me tell you something the army has learnt from it's mistake with Boko haram thus making every soldier in the south now on alert for counter
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Ddream6627(m): 8:25am On Apr 05, 2021
JOSCOFELIX:
disbandment of sars
so na because them disband sars na him make prisoner escape from prison abi.if they start to dey insult you naw.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:26am On Apr 05, 2021
ugo4u:
The situation in the Southeast is extremely worrying, some of you won't understand untill you are on ground. Never in my life will I ever believe people of the lower Niger will ever be indoctrinated beyond redemption by anyone. Kanu has managed to win majority of the people to his side, initially this were unemployed young men now even some intellegensia are crossing over to his side. This young men are willing to die for him/his cause w/o even thinking twice, just like zombies they're waiting for orders from Kanu to unleash mayhem on anyone they see as enemies especially gov't agents. Now if you talk against their leader you maybe lynched. No much difference btw them and religious extremists in the north). The day these army of angry guys lay hold on sophisticated weapons they'll begin to engage the army in their barracks or even attempt to overthrow a state governor. The south east Governors have failed woefully to show leadership, this has made the people see them as part of the problem, where there is no justice, there is no peace. FG also have their own fair share of the blame as Kanu is using real issues on ground to manipulate people and win more converts, we all saw how Igboho suddenly became an ethnic champion with followings because of the farmers/herders crises that the gov't has failed to tackle and is seen to even take sides.
This was how Bokoharam started before transitioning into an uncontrollable monster, if we don't find a peaceful solution to this another monster worst than Bokoharam will be emerge. SE/SS haven't got much land space like the north, most places are built up and insurgency (assymetric) will bring unimaginable destruction, Sadly these guys don't care.
All the checkpoints in the region including those manned by the military are nothing but extortion points no serious checks is carried out(Very embarrassing).
I once talked about how loyal people are to kanu. In one town in Abia state, I saw papas wey go carry their pikins inside room, they make dem listen to Radio Biafra.

A lot of people are ready to die for the Biafran cause. The best is to negotiate.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:26am On Apr 05, 2021
Ddream6627:
so na because them disband sars na him make prisoner escape from prison abi.if they start to dey insult you naw.
grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EricBraven: 8:27am On Apr 05, 2021
DubaiLandLord:

If care is not taken the whole south east will be a battle field
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:30am On Apr 05, 2021
EricBraven:

They won't dare, if you think they would let me tell you something the army has learnt from it's mistake with Boko haram thus making every soldier in the south now on alert for counter
Una never dey learn anything grin

Before Boko Haram madness, nah so most Nigerians go dey talk say Nigerians are busy searching for money, so dem no fit get all this suicide bombers or terrorists on our territory.

Didn't people say super camps can't be attacked?

Didn't people usually say the Nigerian army is the best in Africa grin grin

You're in Nigeria, anything is possible.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 8:30am On Apr 05, 2021
upko:

Command Headquarters and Owerri Prisons are separated by a Fence. Imo state govt House is behind.
Government house alone has a shit ton of police, dss and civil defense, even the army are right inside there. Heck even the governors convoy should be able to repel that attack.
my guy intel still not very avaliable but military have beenwithdraw from governor exspect excort missionbut what i had the aide attach to governor was taking defensive protection for governor and that is why they refuse to repelled the attackthinking it may be a trap to attack the governor

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 8:33am On Apr 05, 2021
Ddream6627:
you are good insult so you can go on
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:33am On Apr 05, 2021
A guy we dey argue once said, make I go look what the Nigerian army did in Odi, for me to know how powerful they are grin

The only thing I saw was armless civilians that were shot dead by the militaries and lots of properties been burnt by the military.

Is so painful no one will pay for the massacres in Odi and Zaki biam
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by cutievik: 8:35am On Apr 05, 2021
DubaiLandLord:

Before Boko Haram madness, nah so most Nigerians go dey talk say Nigerians are busy searching for money, so dem no fit get all this suicide bombers or terrorists on our territory.

Most times you wish those at the top hierarchy have the same passion as the ordinary Nigerian... My brother, watch and see the soon to be madness.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:36am On Apr 05, 2021
EricBraven:

If care is not taken the whole south east will be a battle field
Even though I don't agree with you, but let them face who they are there to fight... Not to start going on a killing spree of innocent women and children like what happened in Odi in 1999 and Zaki biam in 2001.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:39am On Apr 05, 2021
cutievik:

Most times you wish those at the top hierarchy have the same passion as the ordinary Nigerian... My brother, watch and see the soon to be madness.
They said Dasuki stole money, yet for more than 5 years dey can't prosecute him.

I will never forget the day some old men took over the government house in Enugu without an Assault rifle. IPOB without weapons have stood their ground against assault wielding Nigerian army personnel.

Just imagine the kin anarchy this unknown gunmen will unleash if they have an Assault rifle.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 8:39am On Apr 05, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
I once talked about how loyal people are to kanu. In one town in Abia state, I saw papas wey go carry their pikins inside room, they make dem listen to Radio Biafra.

A lot of people are ready to die for the Biafran cause. The best is to negotiate.

Millions listened to and cheered shekau in 2010/2011. "intellectuals" believed and supported his efforts. Some of the people even saw his efforts as their own jihad against southerners when he was still bombing churches. Today who are the biggest victims?

Most of those who are cheering him today and listening to radio Biafra might have a rethink by the time they are forced to live on aids from Humanitarian organizations but it will be too late by then.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 8:39am On Apr 05, 2021
JUST IN . nigeria army have arrest some men involue in the attack of the state cid.they were in two sienna one sienna escaped.they were trying to leave the state. working to get more info

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 8:44am On Apr 05, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
They said Dasuki stole money, yet for more than 5 years dey can't prosecute him.

Dasuki's case is still in court, we all know how the judiciary is. Same with Evan's(the kidnapper) case. When the administration started going after corrupt judges, we were all screaming "dictatorship". Do not turn this into a political issue.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:46am On Apr 05, 2021
Whyem15:

Millions listened to and cheered shekau in 2010/2011. "intellectuals" believed and supported his efforts. Some of the people even saw his efforts as their own jihad against southerners when he was still bombing churches. Today who are the biggest victims?

Most of those who are cheering him today and listening to radio Biafra might have a rethink by the time they are forced to live on aids from Humanitarian organizations but it will be too late by then.
That's why we need to find a way to negotiate with IPOB. For peace, let the FG and NA(lawmakers) start working on ways to start relinquishing power to the geopolitical regions. Even if is not done at once.

If there is anarchy in the south east, is just a matter of time before it will spread to some part of the South South geopolitical region.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stephandesward: 8:46am On Apr 05, 2021
Whyem15:

I know a one star general, that supported bh back them he is even a strong Christian and not of northern extraction, but you have to understand the philosophy of the general public then.....everyone wanted someone or an ideology that could comfront a system they thought wasn't working ( federal government).
The social issues, that are turning to this physically violent issues, can only be solved if the government starts solving the social issues, and that would entail the people in power, jailing people with power and money, and taking that money to improve social issues and change lots of policies ( that seems to be more of master slave relationships)

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stephandesward: 8:55am On Apr 05, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
That's why we need to find a way to negotiate with IPOB. For peace, let the FG and NA(lawmakers) start working on ways to start relinquishing power to the geopolitical regions. Even if is not done at once.

If there is anarchy in the south east, is just a matter of time before it will spread to some part of the South South geopolitical region.

We need to make positive changes, with time people would see the sincerity in action by the government, the idea of negotiation is a no no, infact beat any agitation with overwhelming force till they surrender, while government using sincere action starts development and policies from the grassroot, which if you ask me is the herdsmen issues.....the fg gave a directive that the list of violent herdsmen/bandits been prosecuted or already prosecuted should be released, till date I haven't seen any such list, this action/inaction has already spoken a lot.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EricBraven: 8:56am On Apr 05, 2021
DubaiLandLord:

I said what I said,they should try it,I bet you would count their dead bodies
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:58am On Apr 05, 2021
Whyem15:

Dasuki's case is still in court, we all know how the judiciary is. Same with Evan's(the kidnapper) case. When the administration started going after corrupt judges, we were all screaming "dictatorship". Do not turn this into a political issue.
How am I turning it into a political issue? The likes of Monguno have been accuse of corruption, yet nothing is been done about him.

The only place the FG prosecute people is on the Social media. After all their social media prosecution of Raymond Dokpesi, is he not set free by the court in the #2.1b arms deal?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:59am On Apr 05, 2021
EricBraven:

I said what I said,they should try it,I bet you would count their dead bodies
I said what I said too.

In Nigeria anything can happen.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:59am On Apr 05, 2021
upko:

Check the area this happened and get back to me.
Yes DSS office was there but it has relocated to sirleaf johnson road, the police guides the prisons and it's office, the only serious reinforcement should be from government house.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1609) (1610) (1611) (1612) (1613) (1614) (1615) ... (2208) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.