Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,323 members, 7,881,199 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:11 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1950) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3092766 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1947) (1948) (1949) (1950) (1951) (1952) (1953) ... (2205) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kabe1: 10:08pm On Aug 21, 2021
Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed Western countries and their militaries are running a massive propaganda campaign with regards to the evacuation flights we are seeing.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 10:13pm On Aug 21, 2021
I just miss S.B Abubakar anyhow these days. This new CAS isn't awe inspiring at all. In fact none of the new service chiefs are. Ibrahim Attahiru of blessed memory was also awesome, especially with that order to recapture Marte and clear the general area within 48hrs. L.E.O Irabor is definitely the right man for his job, far better than Abayomi Olonisakin but still not as charismatic as S.B Abubakar. I really miss that man cry

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 10:14pm On Aug 21, 2021
kabe1:
Is it just me, or have anyone else noticed Western countries and their militaries are running a massive propaganda campaign with regards to the evacuation flights we are seeing.

Clarissa Ward is chasing the Oscar awards with the way she's acting the script.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 10:22pm On Aug 21, 2021
I don't see any bold, but I'm guessing the cooking part? Who knows, i saw that on Yahoo news yesterday, have no clue how true

kabe1:

Do you really believe that part in bold?

This story was ran by the Daily mail I believe.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:24pm On Aug 21, 2021
bidexiii:
When The Special Forces Takes Charge ����. The Gallants,,,,,,,

Bro each one of these ladies are battle tested.
Trust me, you don't want them returning your fire grin
Real war dogs these lots.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 10:27pm On Aug 21, 2021
"A tweet from a pro-Taliban account reportedly claimed 15 Taliban fighters were killed and 15 wounded after the insurgents had been betrayed over an offer of an amnesty to locals, as reported by The Washington Post.

"All those who committed this crime must be killed. The doors of conversation are closed," the tweet said."

Mother effers removed a tweet from the Nigerian president, but this tweet was allowed? lol

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:28pm On Aug 21, 2021
bidexiii:

#SOF
#GALLANT

2 of my squadies were pipped and sent there. They are the only 2 I could really give to take a "Adolf's shot".
Respect.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Fynline(m): 10:30pm On Aug 21, 2021
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:31pm On Aug 21, 2021
The NPF is filled with dull people like Abba Kyari. You catch person with that kin ammo, e tell una say the rest of him gang members don reach Jos, instead of using him to trace and catch his other gang members, una first show am to the world and let us know say investigation they go on to catch the rest of his gang members grin

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kabe1: 10:32pm On Aug 21, 2021
Whyem15:

Clarissa Ward is chasing the Oscar awards with the way she's acting the script.

She's an Oscar winner already.

Not just her though, even countries like Poland, Norway, France & Switzerland are pushing so much military propaganda.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Fynline(m): 11:30pm On Aug 21, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyvBEOSdpVw

Almost thought it was Proforce. What do u guys think?

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by RiceProducers: 12:00am On Aug 22, 2021
Whyem15:
I just miss S.B Abubakar anyhow these days. These new CAS isn't awe inspiring at all. In fact none of the new service chiefs are. Ibrahim Attahiru of blessed memory was also awesome, especially with that order to recapture Marte and clear the general area within 48hrs. L.E.O Irabor is definitely the right man for his job, far better than Abayomi Olonisakin but still not as charismatic as S.B Abubakar. I really miss that man cry

This is a clueless post. What's charisma?. How old are you posting this nonsense, dwelling on personalities and personal styles instead of looking at the strategy and plans which as not changed.
Optics is everything to the amateur.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by MAN1960: 1:16am On Aug 22, 2021
Coolliot:

Take it back how exactly? Strategically how?
The war has changed, but I believe it's not yet over
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by MAN1960: 1:27am On Aug 22, 2021
Whyem15:
I just miss S.B Abubakar anyhow these days. These new CAS isn't awe inspiring at all. In fact none of the new service chiefs are. Ibrahim Attahiru of blessed memory was also awesome, especially with that order to recapture Marte and clear the general area within 48hrs. L.E.O Irabor is definitely the right man for his job, far better than Abayomi Olonisakin but still not as charismatic as S.B Abubakar. I really miss that man cry
I miss him too
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:18am On Aug 22, 2021
#DHQUpdate #PressRelease

ACTIVITIES OF THE MULTI NATIONAL JOINT TASK FORCE FROM 6 TO 19 AUG 21

1. The reorganised Multi National Joint Task Force (MNJTF) was operationalised in mid 2015 by countries of the Lake Chad Basin Commission (LCBC) comprising of Nigeria, Niger, Cameroon and Chad. Benin Republic also took part in the deliberations and subsequent depoyment. Its mandate includes creating a safe and secure environment in the Lake Chad Basin areas affected by the activities of Boko Haram, facilitate implementation of the stabilization programme by the LCBC including return of internally displaced persons (IDPs) and refugees and facilitation of humanitarian operations/assistance within its areas of operations.

2. There was a recent change in the leadership of the MNJTF in which Maj Gen Abdul Khalifah Ibrahim took over command of the MNJTF on 6 Aug 21 from Maj Gen JJ Ogunlade as the Force Commander (FC). As part of his familiarization and operational visits, he visited Sector 3 of the MNJTF with headquarters in Monguno (Nigeria) on 12 August 2021. In continuation of the visits, the FC on Wed 18 Aug and Thur 19 Aug 21 respectively visited Sector 1 MNJTF HQ in Moura Cameroon and Sector 2 HQ in Bagasola Chad. He was accompanied by Principal Staff Officers of the HQ MNJTF drawn from all the participating countries. He was briefed in Sector 1 (Cameroon) by the Sector Comd Brig Gen D Bouba and in Sector 2 (Chad ) by Brig Gen Djouma Youssouf Mahammat.

3. The brief covered background, operational activities, achievements and challenges of the Sectors. The FC was impressed by the reception accorded him and his entourage and the conduct and content of the briefings. In his comments, to officers and men of the 2 Sectors separately, he told them he was coming with a renewed impetus and zeal to take the fight to the enemy to hasten the end of this conflict. He praised the officers and men for their courage, resilience and service which has decimated and degraded the insurgents and has reduced their potency. He paid tribute to the fallen heroes of this struggle and prayed for their repose.He however called for renewed vigour, better synergy, better intelligence sharing ,focused leadership and coordination to enable the MNJTF achieve its mandate fully. He said he has listened keenly to the challenges as enumerated by the Commanders and that they would be carefully looked into.

4. He praised the troops contributing Countries of Nigeria, Niger, Cameroon, Chad and Benin Republic for their support and belief in the MNJTF and promised to live up to expectations. He also thanked the LCBC, AU, and EU for the support being rendered to the MNJTF. He said on the spate of recent insurgents surrender in the MNJF AOR and beyond, it is a welcome development and we shall continue to encourage them to surrender and come out with their weapons. He however, warned against complacency and urged the troops to remain on high alert and to be very cautious when dealing with the surrendered insurgents adding that international laws of armed conflict must be abided with by troops of the MNJTF at all times. He informed them that the HQ MNJTF were carefully studying the development to enable them give direction on it.

5. While in sector 1 Mora (Cameroon), the FC, accompanied by the Sector Commander paid courtesy visit to the Senior District/Division Officer (SDO) of Mayo-Sava and Prefecture of Mora, Mr Roger Saffo in his office. The SDO expressed appreciation for the visit and urged the FC to restrategise to defeat the terrorists, as now the BHT/ISWAP insurgents are changing their tactics to survive. He pledged continued cooperation and support to the military and security agencies, through collaboration. Highlights of the event were the visit to the wounded in action troops at the Sector 1 medical centre in Mora and hand over of the water treatment machine to the Commander.

6.. In a related development, the Commander OP Turus (West Africa) Col Rory Shannon of the British Army paid a courtesy visit to the FC MNJTF, Maj Gen AK Ibrahim at the HQ MNJTF Ndjamena Chad on 17 Aug 21. Discussions bordered on areas of training and capacity building among others. Visit was cordial and hitch free. Same day the FC visited the Cell for Coordination and Liaisons (CCL) and the Comd Op BARKHANE , Maj Gen Laurent Michon at their base in Ndjamena,Chad .Discussions were on information sharing, capacity building and other forms of training all aimed at restoring normalcy in the operational environment. The FC said he will continue to partner and engage all parties till the MNJTF achieves its mission. These were equally hitch free and cordial. (See attached pictures)

signed
Colonel Muhammad Dole
Chief of Military Public Information
HQ MNJTF
N`Djamena Chad
19 August 2021

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:19am On Aug 22, 2021
More...

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:20am On Aug 22, 2021
demolition:

This are mags intercepted from a fulani dude

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Coolliot: 5:40am On Aug 22, 2021
bidexiii:

Npf, should have a qrf unit that follows actionable intelligence in real time, imagine the amount of bandits that would have been gotten, instead of this quick gain. It's like the political attention and media attention is higher than logic for bigger gains.

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:46am On Aug 22, 2021
Coolliot:

Npf, should have a qrf unit that follows actionable intelligence in real time, imagine the amount of bandits that would have been gotten, instead of this quick gain. It's like the political attention and media attention is higher than logic for bigger gains.

True yarn mate.

NPF and NCS has to step up in there roles & responsibilities.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:36am On Aug 22, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
The NPF is filled with dull people like Abba Kyari. You catch person with that kin ammo, e tell una say the rest of him gang members don reach Jos, instead of using him to trace and catch his other gang members, una first show am to the world and let us know say investigation they go on to catch the rest of his gang members grin

The normal Media show grin
I think the government should hire KPMG or PWC as our recruitment consultants into most of our security apparatus.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Coolliot: 8:23am On Aug 22, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

The normal Media show grin
I think the government should hire KPMG or PWC as our recruitment consultants into most of our security apparatus.

Hey samuel, have you been seeing the super tucano or the jf 17 in action in the north east , maybe fly by of hear gist from soldiers.
I really think these new platforms haven't been used, and the BHT surrendering isn't really because of military pressure instead internal bht political fallout, so the decamping to government.

What's your view on all this issues, considering that you are almost in the centre of the storm.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 9:18am On Aug 22, 2021
RiceProducers:

This is a clueless post. What's charisma?. How old are you posting this nonsense, dwelling on personalities and personal styles instead of looking at the strategy and plans which as not changed.
Optics is everything to the amateur.

Ordinarily, I wouldn't have replied you because your motive was to insult but there are things to learn from the post.

The post was totally about personalities as it is very apparent, I made no mention of strategy and plans so I do not know why you are attacking me. If you are not comfortable with some post, try to ignore once in a while, especially mine.

Meanwhile, personalities of leaders and officers also has a lot of effect on the outcome of battles and wars. Especially in relations to boosting the morale of troops which increases the effectiveness of any fighting force.
The high morale of troops was very palpable during the time of late Attahiru as COAS with many soldiers hailing him as a warrior and one who empathize with Frontline troops and who is willing to end the war unlike many of his predecessors who soldiers thought were profiting from the insurgency. This resulted into victories such as recapturing marte and environs within 48hrs.

Not too long ago, we saw videos of troops abandoning their positions and fleeing with civilians because they weren't ready to die for what they feel is as a result of some people's selfish interests. Some even went as far as attacking their officers.

Charisma is when you do almost the same thing as your predecessors yet the troops are willing to take your excuses and endure your failures while they took it against your predecessors.
Optics play an important role in winning battles when the troops feel you are also willing to lay down your own life for the same purpose as them and you understand what they are going through and willing to improve things.
More importantly, personality play an important role when the troops believe you are one of theirs and you are trying all your best in pursuit of their interests.

The president not attending the burial of his chief of army staff has also made many soldiers believe he doesn't care whether they live or die, that is also optics.

In summary, there is what is called Psychological warfare that deals with the mental emotional and behavioral characteristics of troops, enemies and people at large and it is aimed at manipulating the behaviors and attitudes of those targeted in a way that will be favorable to the originators objectives. Personality and optics play very important roles in this.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 9:40am On Aug 22, 2021
Coolliot:

Hey samuel, have you been seeing the super tucano or the jf 17 in action in the north east , maybe fly by of hear gist from soldiers.
I really think these new platforms haven't been used, and the BHT surrendering isn't really because of military pressure instead internal bht political fallout, so the decamping to government.

What's your view on all this issues, considering that you are almost in the centre of the storm.

The surrendering is just an internal fracas, tho my concern remains not seeing those surrendering with weaponry . As at a week ago the Airforce guys I chilled with said the Super Tucanos have not arrived Maiduguri.

Tho I’ll still get much info today as Sunday is our regular sit out.

I still Dey Maiduguri, hopefully I’ll get back to my Dambisa zone next.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 10:08am On Aug 22, 2021
kabe1:
Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed Western countries and their militaries are running a massive propaganda campaign with regards to the evacuation flights we are seeing.

That's how the US have always been.
Use massive propaganda to cover their f**k ups
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Coolliot: 10:10am On Aug 22, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

The surrendering is just an internal fracas, tho my concern remains not seeing those surrendering with weaponry . As at a week ago the Airforce guys I chilled with said the Super Tucanos have not arrived Maiduguri.

Thanks a lot..... I agree, the surrendering without weapons should really be frowned upon, i feel commanders in the field, should take in women and children and send the men back, to either return with weapons or be killed by iswap or give very actionable intelligence.
Regarding the airforce, I wouldn't be surprised if they strap them with dumb bombs and put the advance weapons in storage, as people who have entered the biggest armoury depots in Nigeria would tell you, if Nigeria really wants to end boko haram, they would in a matter of weeks only that a lot of civilians would die.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 10:10am On Aug 22, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

The induction ceremony is by August 30th,maybe they will be deployed after then Sha but some of the support infrastructures are not yet completed.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by MAN1960: 10:46am On Aug 22, 2021
Whyem15:

Ordinarily, I wouldn't have replied you because your motive was to insult but there are things to learn from the post.

The post was totally about personalities as it is very apparent, I made no mention of strategy and plans so I do not know why you are attacking me. If you are not comfortable with some post, try to ignore once in a while, especially mine.

Meanwhile, personalities of leaders and officers also has a lot of effect on the outcome of battles and wars. Especially in relations to boosting the morale of troops which increases the effectiveness of any fighting force.
The high morale of troops was very palpable during the time of late Attahiru as COAS with many soldiers hailing him as a warrior and one who empathize with Frontline troops and who is willing to end the war unlike many of his predecessors who soldiers thought were profiting from the insurgency. This resulted into victories such as recapturing marte and environs within 48hrs.

Not too long ago, we saw videos of troops abandoning their positions and fleeing with civilians because they weren't ready to die for what they feel is as a result of some people's selfish interests. Some even went as far as attacking their officers.

Charisma is when you do almost the same thing as your predecessors yet the troops are willing to take your excuses and endure your failures while they took it against your predecessors.
Optics play an important role in winning battles when the troops feel you are also willing to lay down your own life for the same purpose as them and you understand what they are going through and willing to improve things.
More importantly, personality play an important role when the troops believe you are one of theirs and you are trying all your best in pursuit of their interests.

The president not attending the burial of his chief of army staff has also made many soldiers believe he doesn't care whether they live or die, that is also optics.

In summary, there is what is called Psychological warfare that deals with the mental emotional and behavioral characteristics of troops, enemies and people at large and it is aimed at manipulating the behaviors and attitudes of those targeted in a way that will be favorable to the originators objectives. Personality and optics play very important roles in this.
My brother you get brain, God bless you

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by MAN1960: 10:51am On Aug 22, 2021
smiley

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 10:59am On Aug 22, 2021
MAN1960:
Proudly Nigerian, the Nigerian navy seaward defense boat 3 has been completed. I see our defense industry growing am think the SDB4 will be much bigger. God bless our armed forces
pls it's not the SDB3
It's an Eagle class vessel that just finished overhauling

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 11:19am On Aug 22, 2021
I'm starting to realize that the US might have won the war in Afghanistan after all. What if they have reached an agreement with the Talibans in the months long dialogues on protecting US and western interests. I do not think they are that concerned about who rules the people of Afghanistan or the welfare of the people. They've always been there for their own selfish interests all along, only the people have had the illusion that they were there to protect them from the brutal rule of the Talibans.
Look at it this way, the US told Talibans they were going to start leaving by May 1st 2021, what did the Talibans concede to US go during the negotiations?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by RiceProducers: 11:57am On Aug 22, 2021
We need to learn to think in terms of institutional core competences, capabilities, processes, standards and their maturity instead of personalities.

I find that we 3rd World countries are reluctant to grow out öf this mindset that glorifies persons instead of teams and institutions. The result is stagnation especially for a technical arm of our security architecture ühere systems and processes are everything

Whyem15:

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 12:10pm On Aug 22, 2021
RiceProducers:
We need to learn to think in terms of institutional core competences, capabilities, processes, standards and their maturity instead of personalities.

I find that we 3rd World countries are reluctant to grow out öf this mindset that glorifies persons instead of teams and institutions. The result is stagnation especially for a technical arm of our security architecture ühere systems and processes are everything

All you've listed and personality are not mutually exclusive, in fact they are complimentary. You can have powerful institutions with great capabilities, high standards, best practices and crown it with a leader of great personality as a multiplier to bring about maximum results.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1947) (1948) (1949) (1950) (1951) (1952) (1953) ... (2205) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.