Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,289 members, 7,887,850 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:12 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (2098) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3097951 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2095) (2096) (2097) (2098) (2099) (2100) (2101) ... (2205) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Coolliot: 11:31pm On Dec 01, 2021
MAN1960ii:

In this image I can see the j7, are the back from China?

That's not even j7...those are mig 21s.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:34pm On Dec 01, 2021
Coolliot:

I'm starting to get tired of you people, at least tag your source for one, so that when your mistake is been called out you wouldn't be tagged the idiot.

1) the f7 are not in Nigeria, they are in China, only 2 are in. Nigeria, there are 3 on the flight line

2) these air crafts you are calling super tucano have dual engines with the propellers by the side, super tucano has a single engine with propellers at the front.

3) the time line of when the super tucano were in the country, the j7 were already out.

4) the paint scheme of the j7 isn't what Nigeria uses

5) the paint scheme on the false super tucano isn't the same as Nigerian tucano.

6) super tucano is a tiny aircraft, those aircraft in the pics are about the size of the j7.

This picture isn't even Nigeria

Imagine typing this much rubbish with confidence lmaooo, the entire F-7 fleet wasn’t shipped to China.

The screenshot from SuperSixseven is literally NAF base in maiduguri.

His source is google earth

11 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Coolliot: 11:37pm On Dec 01, 2021
G
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:54pm On Dec 01, 2021
Coolliot:

Those are not super tucano, and there are only two j7s in the country
Clearly you’re a clown, you said that’s not NAF Maiduguri now I’ve shown you it is, anybody with half a brain can tell that’s the silhouette of the A-29 immediately…
Here’s a larger Google Earth screenshot, there’s literally no argument here.

13 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SuperSixSeven: 12:08am On Dec 02, 2021
sorry i am late to the party smiley
---

All has been said:

This is NAF BASE MAIDUGURI and it seems those MIG-21s must be on static display for years now.

What one guy identified as dual engines are external fuel tanks which can be seen frequently on A29s.

Google Earth Pro just recently updated West Africa with new MAXAR image data.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by darkelf: 12:39am On Dec 02, 2021

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Coolliot: 12:43am On Dec 02, 2021
jakeporeshenko:

Clearly you’re a clown, you said that’s not NAF Maiduguri now I’ve shown you it is, anybody with half a brain can tell that’s the silhouette of the A-29 immediately…
Here’s a larger Google Earth screenshot, there’s literally no argument here.

The only thing I would agree to is that, the location is Maiduguri...this aircraft you are calling super tucano aren't super tucano, you can see the engines by the side and you can see the size in comparison with the j7, and the shape of the supposed tucano wings. This is most probably a picture from this year, but much earlier, before the f7s left the country and tucano came to Nigeria.... because there are only 2 f7s in the country, the rest are out.
My fellow clown
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SuperSixSeven: 12:56am On Dec 02, 2021
Coolliot:

I'm starting to get tired of you people, at least tag your source for one, so that when your mistake is been called out you wouldn't be tagged the idiot.
no comment here - stop making yourself a fool.

Coolliot:

1) the f7 are not in Nigeria, they are in China, only 2 are in. Nigeria, there are 3 on the flight line
Those MIG 21s are sidelined on static display for years now.

Coolliot:

2) these air crafts you are calling super tucano have dual engines with the propellers by the side, super tucano has a single engine with propellers at the front.
What looks like engines to you are external fuel tanks.

Coolliot:

3) the time line of when the super tucano were in the country, the j7 were already out.
I have no detailed information about when and how many F7s were send for maintenance to china.

Coolliot:

-

Coolliot:

5) the paint scheme on the false super tucano isn't the same as Nigerian tucano.
There are 2 paint scheme currently in use see [image 1].

Coolliot:

6) super tucano is a tiny aircraft, those aircraft in the pics are about the size of the j7.

MIG-21 Length: 15.8m // Wingspan: 7.2m
A-29 Length: 11.3m // Wingspan: 11.1m

Coolliot:

This is NAF BASE MAIDUGURI - Image data dates back to 8/30/21 .

----------------------------

[image 1]

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:24am On Dec 02, 2021
Terrorists working for the Islamic State in West Africa Province (ISWAP) have abducted at least five officials of the Borno State Government.

The victims were said to be supervising the construction of Chibok-Damboa road when they were forcefully taken away on Wednesday.

It was gathered that the incident occurred near Wovi, a remote village in Chibok Local Government Area.

A source said one of the abducted staff, a driver, escaped unhurt.

“Yes, it is so sad and we are worried about these latest developments.

“The abduction came as a shocker to us. I can confirm to you that they were abducted this morning," a top state official told Daily Trust.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/12/01/iswap-abducts-borno-government-officials
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 6:52am On Dec 02, 2021
Coolliot:

The only thing I would agree to is that, the location is Maiduguri...this aircraft you are calling super tucano aren't super tucano, you can see the engines by the side and you can see the size in comparison with the j7, and the shape of the supposed tucano wings. This is most probably a picture from this year, but much earlier, before the f7s left the country and tucano came to Nigeria.... because there are only 2 f7s in the country, the rest are out.
My fellow clown
What you are calling dual engine are external fuel tanks. Go wear your glasses and look again. Those are clearly Super Tucano.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:18am On Dec 02, 2021
Security personnels vs civilians
Nigeria how do we got here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIpHEvG5JOA

The Government will keep quiet about all this unprovoke attack on civilians by military personnel, but will start wailing when gunmen attack security personnel.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by arantess: 8:48am On Dec 02, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Security personnels vs civilians
Nigeria how do we got here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIpHEvG5JOA

The Government will keep quiet about all this unprovoke attack on civilians by military personnel, but will start wailing when gunmen attack security personnel.
This is not good at all
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:55am On Dec 02, 2021
arantess:

This is not good at all
Is so crazy bro.

The FG won't release any press statement about this. The military will deny it is their men

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Lurker4Long: 9:55am On Dec 02, 2021
SuperSixSeven:
sorry i am late to the party smiley
---

All has been said:

This is NAF BASE MAIDUGURI and it seems those MIG-21s must be on static display for years now.

What one guy identified as dual engines are external fuel tanks which can be seen frequently on A29s.

Google Earth Pro just recently updated West Africa with new MAXAR image data.

Thanks for clearing this up. I was wrong in initially doubting this was Maiduguri AFB, on account of those Migs.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by IGpro1(m): 4:27pm On Dec 02, 2021
Lurker4Long:

Thanks for clearing this up. I was wrong in initially doubting this was Maiduguri AFB, on account of those Migs.
reason we call you a foreigner and you seem to get offended,
Calling someone an idiot for something you weren't sure of, is another reason you don't get appreciated. grin
But I personally would love to see more Gs from other nationalities.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Lurker4Long: 5:50pm On Dec 02, 2021
IGpro1:
reason we call you a foreigner and you seem to get offended,
Calling someone an idiot for something you weren't sure of, is another reason you don't get appreciated. grin
But I personally would love to see more Gs from other nationalities.
I see comprehension is a challenge for you.
This is what I wrote:
Thank you. I didn't want to say it because some idiots here fixate on my nationality when I mention facts which contradict their feelings.
My idiot statement refers not to the poster of the Maiduguri pic, but to the idiots whose actions I mentioned.
And I stand by that statement.
Am not here to get appreciated, nor do I get offended by being called a foreigner.
Idiots can just go suck a big fat one.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by dragon2(m): 8:49am On Dec 03, 2021
Take over Nigeria’s largest ship from Navy, Senate tells Buhari
Sunday Aborisade
1 December 2021
Kindly share this story:

Floor of the Senate
Nigerian Senate

The Senate on Wednesday, called on the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari ( retd.), to, as a matter of urgency, take over and resuscitate NNS ARADU, which is the largest ship on the fleet of the Nigerian Navy.

Federal Government would require the sum of $200m to either refit it or $700m to replace the Nigerian Navy Flagship ARADU that is presently grounded.

The red chamber also called for a stakeholders’ roundtable forum which would include, the Nigerian Ports Authority, the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency, the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, Nigerian Customs and Excise, and the Nigerian Immigration Services.

The Senate said the forum would fashion out a funding regime to facilitate the refitting and refurbishing of the Navy flagship in servicing Nigeria’s maritime domain.

The upper chamber passed the resolution sequel to a motion considered at plenary.

The motion was sponsored by Senator George Sekibo (Rivers East), and co-sponsored by 14 other lawmakers.

Sekibo, said that the Nigerian Navy flagship, NNS ARADU, is one of the first of the MEKO 360 general-purpose frigates built by one of the biggest shipbuilders in Germany and commissioned on February 22, 1982.

He said NNS ARADU is also the largest ship in the Nigerian Navy fleet with a length of 125.6-metres (412 ft l inch) and as a general-purpose frigate.

He added that the capabilities of the Frigate ensured the Nigerian Navy continued to reach out to blue waters with the appropriate ships in terms of firepower, extended operational range and enhanced surveillance capability.

The lawmaker noted that since NNS ARADU entered the Nigerian Navy service, “she has taken part in major naval exercises, fleet reviews and diplomatic cruises.”

Sekibo said, “She played a prominent part in ‘Operation Seadog’ in 1985 and Operation Odion in 1987.

“She has also undertaken extensive diplomatic visits to countries like Gabon, Congo, Zaire, Equatorial Guinea and many European countries;

“She participated in joint exercises with visiting ships of the German, Indian, French and the Brazilian navies.”

He recalled that in 1987, barely five years after the commissioning, NNS ARADU ran aground twice and was involved in a major collision and underwent a significant local refit in 1991 at the Nigerian Navy Dockyard, Wilmot Point, Lagos.

Sekibo further stated that in 1997, the ship sailed to Monrovia, Liberia “where she participated in ECOMOG Operation for over six months and steamed back to Lagos with her engines despite losing one generator.”

https://punchng.com/take-over-nigerias-largest-ship-from-navy-senate-tells-buhari/?amp
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by dragon2(m): 8:52am On Dec 03, 2021
Navy arrests 35 vandals, impounds 408 drums of oil
By Inemesit Akpan-Nsoh, Uyo
02 December 2021 | 4:00 am
Nigerian Navy, Forward Operating Base (FOB), Ibaka, in Mbo local government council, has arrested 35 suspected vandals of petroleum pipelines and impounded 408 drums of suspected illegally refined Automotive Gas Oil (AGO) in Akwa Ibom.

This was disclosed to journalists by the Commanding Officer, FOB, Navy Capt. Mohammed Abu, while handing over the suspects and exhibits to the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) in Ibaka Mbo local government council.

He said Nigeria Navy Ship Thunder, on November 26, while on routine patrol intercepted the suspects and impounded three wooden boats used in conveying the AGO.

“I will be handing over the suspects and exhibits of wooden boats that were intercepted by the NNS Thunder on the November 26, at high sea having infracted economic policy of the country.

“The Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Auwul Gambo, has given a clear directive to Nigerian Navy to free the waterways of illegalities and other maritime crimes.

“I am handing them over to you as the prosecuting agency to carry out further investigation and prosecute them accordingly and revert to the Nigerian Navy on the outcome,” he said.

The commanding officer said the arrest of the suspected vandals has sent messages to others that the Nigerian Navy would not relent in ensuring all economic sabotage in the Nigeria maritime environment would not be tolerated.

“This arrest is to send a message to those vandals of our crude oil pipelines that the CNS has zero tolerance for crude oil theft and our ships are out there looking for them and we will arrest them until they are out of our maritime domain,” he added.

He warned smugglers and vandals of petroleum products to stay out of the business, as the base would not relent in its patrol to rid criminal elements out of Nigeria’s waterways.

The commanding officer debunked recent media publications that sea robbers had grounded economic activities in Ibaka.

Receiving the suspects on behalf of NSCDC, the Head of anti-vandals unit, Adamu Jafaaru, said the agency would carry out thorough investigation on the suspects and all those culpable would be arraigned in court soon.

https://guardian.ng/news/navy-arrests-35-vandals-impounds-408-drums-of-oil/
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 3:16pm On Dec 03, 2021
The crises in the northeast and northwest will be child's play compared to what will happen in the southwest when it eventually matures and that moment is very close. There is virtually no city or town without at least one cult group with thousands of members across the country. The young are not spared and it cut across all evolution classes. It is only a matter of time before something triggers them to become malignant. What am I even saying sef, they are already ady starting to map out territories in cities and towns. The chains of robbery attacks in many cities during last year's lock down was started by a group and taken up by self shortly after.

This is far beyond the primordial and primary levels of prevention of conflicts, all that can be done now is to prevent from getting worse by engaging them at the community level and luring them away from violence and crimes. Organize sports among different communities with reasonable prizes, set up paramilitary and civil society organizations and recruit these youths at the community level with reasonable incentives to make them useful for their societies. Help as many a as possible unlock their abilities and talents so that they can be of benefit to themselves and lastly, take the war against hard drugs very seriously. Else, it only gets worse and worse

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 4:16pm On Dec 03, 2021
Yesterday in zaria depot N.A a soldier took his rifle to two different bars and forgot both the weapon and at which particular bar he lost it ..
MP cordoned the area and traced the bike man who conveyed him to the second bar... The bike man said he saw him with the rifle when he dropped him at the second bar... The rifle was found there... The guy I heard has been confined, It is likely he will be dismissed...
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 4:46pm On Dec 03, 2021
GeneralFarouq:
Yesterday in zaria depot N.A a soldier took his rifle to two different bars and forgot both the weapon and at which partcular bar he lost it ..
MP cordoned the area and traced the bike man who conveyed him to the second bar... The bike man said he saw him with the rifle when he dropped him at the second bar... The rifle was found there... The guy I hear dey guarf room probability us he will be dismissed...

He should be sent to 2 years in military prison then dismissed afterwards. Stupidity of the highest order

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 5:10pm On Dec 03, 2021
Coolliot:

With my sincere apologies, you're the idiot here Mister. Those aren't F 7NIs but Mig 21s based in Maiduguri two where burnt during the Bokoharam infiltration of the NAF base in 2013,leaving 2 remaining. Those Super Tucanos are having fuel tanks underneath their wings not engines.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 5:35pm On Dec 03, 2021
Stormtrooper11:

With my sincere apologies, you're the idiot here Mister. Those aren't F 7NIs but Mig 21s based in Maiduguri two where burnt during the Bokoharam infiltration of the NAF base in 2013,leaving 2 remaining. Those Super Tucanos are having fuel tanks underneath their wings not engines.

This particular discussion is of no consequence.
F7 are essentially Chinese copy cat engineering of the Mig 21 albeit on this occasion under licence.

The super turbo props A29 can have external fuel pods if needed, they can be taken off and or put on depending on needs.

Again it's superficial irrelevance.

Nothing to get heated and argue about.

There are far more important pressing issues to discuss

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 6:21pm On Dec 03, 2021
komekn:

This particular discussion is of no consequence.
F7 are essentially Chinese copy cat engineering of the Mig 21 albeit on this occasion under licence.

The super turbo props A29 can have external fuel pods if needed, they can be taken off and or put on depending on needs.

Again it's superficial irrelevance.

Nothing to get heated and argue about.

There are far more important pressing issues to discuss
I saw his comment on the previous page, and I replied him. I didn't know others had done same already. True, no need of heated arguments.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by yoged(m): 7:49pm On Dec 03, 2021
�BREAKING::

Troops Eliminates Over 20 ISWAP Insurgents After Engaging Them In A Gun Battle In Rann , Borno State.

Troops Foiled Their Attempt To Gain Entry To The Town With Their Guntrucks Which Lead To An Intense Gun Battle.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 8:02pm On Dec 03, 2021
youghs:

He should be sent to 2 years in military prison then dismissed afterwards. Stupidity of the highest order
Yea, am sure he is regretting the bar visit.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Fynline(m): 8:08pm On Dec 03, 2021

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:54pm On Dec 03, 2021
yoged:

Troops Eliminates Over 20 ISWAP Insurgents After Engaging Them In A Gun Battle In Rann , Borno State.

Troops Foiled Their Attempt To Gain Entry To The Town With Their Guntrucks Which Lead To An Intense Gun Battle.

Rann I think is the worst place to serve as a Soldier in Borno state. Any Soldier who have served there should be given a double promotion.

The Military should put a proper barricade in that barracks and proper surveillance in that town. That town is widely exposed .

RIP to our Gallant forces who stood their ground and paid the supreme price cool

10 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Rich4god(m): 9:20pm On Dec 03, 2021
yoged:

You see what we are talking about... Why are we always playing defence.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bestdefender: 11:12pm On Dec 03, 2021
Whyem15:
The crises in the northeast and northwest will be child's play compared to what will happen in the southeast when it eventually matures and that moment is very close. There is virtually no city or town without at least one cult group with thousands of members across the country. The young are not spared and it cutacross all evolution classes. It is only a matter of time before something triggers them to become malignant. What am I even saying sef, they are already ady starting to map out territories in cities and towns. The chains of robbery attacks in many cities during last year's lock down was started by a group and taken up by self shortly after.

This is far beyond the primordial and primary levels of prevention of conflicts, all that can be done now is to prevent from getting worse by engaging them at the community level and luring them away from violence and crimes. Organize sports among different communities with reasonable prizes, set up paramilitary and civil society organizations and recruit these youths at the community level with reasonable incentives to make them useful for their societies. Help as many a as possible unlock their abilities and talents so that they can be of benefit to themselves and lastly, take the war against hard drugs very seriously. Else, it only gets worse and worse
I have been following your write up and I must say this one is full bull shit that u v ever said,
First I stay in South East u no nothing about south east ok let me start from insecurity ,the unknown gunmen that u are hearing about are politically sponsored, I stay in umuahia n I can tell u that it has been long that we heard anything lik ugm , everybody just dey run him matter, cultism is not that popular every youth they find money,infact since police has been displaced by ugm ever community get ther vigilantly group in my area hia dem never born anybody well to rob n go Scot free,
The insecurity that u do hia in imo state nah between supreme court gov and opposition group , example Anambra after election wat happened all the whole insecurity just vanished, u no nothing about we Igbos u no no nothing nah business we come do those things happening in northern part will never happen here. Dnt underestimate the east . Anything wey no go bring money nah waste of time, wait till imo state gov leaves and see whether ugm go still exists, and all this this happing here ther happen for South South , south west just that Una media just ther Hot about south east ,Xmas we dey everybody dey find money , and pls before u talk next time about south east investigate pls, mtcheeew

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bestdefender: 11:12pm On Dec 03, 2021
before
Whyem15:
The crises in the northeast and northwest will be child's play compared to what will happen in the southeast when it eventually matures and that moment is very close. There i3s virtually no city or town without at least one cult group with thousands of members across the country. The young are not spared and it cutacross all evolution classes. It is only a matter of time before something triggers them to become malignant. What am I even saying sef, they are already ady starting to map out territories in cities and towns. The chains of robbery attacks in many cities during last year's lock down was started by a group and taken up by self shortly after.

I have been following your write up and I must say this one is full bull shit that u v ever said,
First I stay in South East u no nothing about south east ok let me start from insecurity ,the unknown gunmen that u are hearing about are politically sponsored, I stay in umuahia n I can tell u that it has been long that we heard anything lik ugm , everybody just dey run him matter, cultism is not that popular every youth they find money,infact since police has been displaced by ugm ever community get ther vigilantly group in my area hia dem never born anybody well to rob n go Scot free,
The insecurity that u do hia in imo state nah between supreme court gov and opposition group , example Anambra after election wat happened all the whole insecurity just vanished, u no nothing about we Igbos u no no nothing nah business we come do those things happening in northern part will never happen here. Dnt underestimate the east . Anything wey no go bring money nah waste of time, wait till imo state gov leaves and see whether ugm go still exists, and all this this happing here ther happen for South South , south west just that Una media just ther Hot about south east ,Xmas we dey everybody dey find money , and pls before u talk next time about south east investigate pls, mtcheeew

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2095) (2096) (2097) (2098) (2099) (2100) (2101) ... (2205) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: oloyesaso(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.