Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,026 members, 7,933,451 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 07:20 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (466) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3133904 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) ... (2208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:14am On Mar 01, 2018
UPDATE ON EXERCISE AYEM AKPATUMA :TROOPS RECOVER WEAPONS AT GARIGIJI VILLAGE OF ADAMAWA STATE

The Nigerian Army troops on Excercise AYEM AKPATUMA has continue to consolidate on the gains of the exercise as troops of 101 special Forces Battalion deployed in Numan recovered large number of weapons at Garigiji village of Adamawa State during a thorough condon and search operation on Wednesday 28 February 2018. It could be recalled that on Tuesday 27 February 2018 same Battalion responded to distress call to Garigiji while under attack by herdsmen and arrested 6 of the criminals trying to escape after setting the village ablaze. To consolidate the success of the Excercise, the determine troops embark on fighting patrol to the village and conduct thorough condon and search which led to the recovery of the weapons.

Weapons and items recovered are:4 AK 47 assault rifles, 7 Magazines of AK 47 rifle, 120 rounds of 7.62mm special, 7 cutlasses, 3 Spears and 2 bows and arrow.
The Nigerian Army therefore solicit for law abiding citizens to look out for fleeing herdsmen seeking for refuge in their communities as they are on the run and report promptly to nearest military or security agency

You are please requested to disseminate the information to the public,through your medium.Thank you for your usual cooperation

Brigadier General Texas Chukwu
Director Army Public Relations

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:15am On Mar 01, 2018
More...

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by newafricaken254: 10:24am On Mar 01, 2018
sudan

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:13am On Mar 01, 2018
tdayof:
On DAPCHI.

This isn't the time for the military and police to start accusing each other. As a relatively safe place, the Nigerian police has failed woefully in securing that community as the main law enforcement and para military agency in Nigeria. As a community, the Nigerian police desierves to have the fastest response time in such circumstance and the military failed woefully because of a poor response time.

Watching the director of information live call on AIT this morning, he claimed they never heard about it and immediately they got notified of bokoharam presence, they immediately deployed officers but informations didn't get to them very fast. He said military detachment could have intercepted them if they had passed through roads but as group of attackers, they passed through open spaces without checkpoints.

Here's why the police takes the biggest blame. The military detachment in such area was deployed to a town around the Nigerian border. As a community, police presence should always be available with or without a military checkpoint. If there was a police presence in such area, immediately after observing the presence of BHT, you don't even need to engage if you're not capable. There's a reason why the man with the radio is the most dangerous in a battlefield as he can turn around any situation. Send a radio broadcast to your own team if there's no interoperability. The police HQ can contact the theater command which will deploy military operatives immediately.

This scenario shows why bokoharam still has the gut to attack towns being liberated by military or being declared as safe. There's a bad policing of communities and town.

No, I completely disagree with you sir.

The entire North East is under Military's AOR.
All my big brothers in the Mobile Policethat have been to the North East said the Police hardly see action. They are just there for formality. They dont get posted far beyond the major cities with relative peace in the NorthEast.
Only the military get to the hinterlands and battle fronts.
In fact, a very close brother just got back. He didn't spent more than 5months.
He said all his time there was doing "Vigilante" in a very peaceful street of Maiduguri.

What I am trying to say is that as far as the NorthEast is concerned, it is a pure military show.

Now, any time or anywhere the Military is done, they will formally hand over the AOR to the Police.
In this case of Dapchi, the Police said the Military never hand over formally, the military said they did.
Its the Police words against that of the Military.

In that case, they both deserve the hammer.

But left to me, I will hammer the Military more than the Police.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 11:30am On Mar 01, 2018
abiodunalasa:

No, I completely disagree with you sir.

The entire North East is under Military's AOR.
All my big brothers in the Mobile Policethat have been to the North East said the Police hardly see action. They are just there for formality. They dont get posted far beyond the major cities with relative peace in the NorthEast.
Only the military get to the hinterlands and battle fronts.
In fact, a very close brother just got back. He didn't spent more than 5months.
He said all his time there was doing "Vigilante" in a very peaceful street of Maiduguri.

What I am trying to say is that as far as the NorthEast is concerned, it is a pure military show.

Now, any time or anywhere the Military is done, they will formally hand over the AOR to the Police.
In this case of Dapchi, the Police said the Military never hand over formally, the military said they did.
Its the Police words against that of the Military.

In that case, they both deserve the hammer.

But left to me, I will hammer the Military more than the Police.

I refuse to agree that the entire NE AOR is under the military. I know of some guys who just came back. A former orderly to my.

MOPOL have little presence in NE compared to CTU does and some are on the battlefield. They even armed them with LMG.

Thousands of police officers are currently being deployed to NE. Their job remains safeguard the communities. They're not deployed to highly tensed area and plus the MOPOl squadron performed woefully against BHT which is why they were being replaced by CTU. MOPOL have most of their arms looted by BHT then which caused an issue between them and the military on whose weapon is bokoharam using at a point. Plus, BHT were mostly seen with their bullet vest.

A town like DAPCHI had a police team in it with military presence only at checkpoints. Even towns that are very much affected by bokoharam still have police presence. One of their deployment was when BHT ambushed their convoy few months ago.

DAPCHI was a safe town before the abduction.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:38am On Mar 01, 2018
Okay this is one of my Big brothers who have been to the NorthEast.
He didn't even spend 5months. He said they hardly go beyond the Metropolitan areas with strict instructions to stand down should Military come around.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:48am On Mar 01, 2018
tdayof:

I refuse to agree that the entire NE AOR is under the military. I know of some guys who just came back. A former orderly to my.

MOPOL have little presence in NE compared to CTU does and some are on the battlefield. They even armed them with LMG.

Thousands of police officers are currently being deployed to NE. Their job remains safeguard the communities. They're not deployed to highly tensed area and plus the MOPOl squadron performed woefully against BHT which is why they were being replaced by CTU. MOPOL have most of their arms looted by BHT then which caused an issue between them and the military on whose weapon is bokoharam using at a point. Plus, BHT were mostly seen with their bullet vest.

A town like DAPCHI had a police team in it with military presence only at checkpoints. Even towns that are very much affected by bokoharam still have police presence. One of their deployment was when BHT ambushed their convoy few months ago.

DAPCHI was a safe town before the abduction.

Bros, the Military agreed that Dapchi used to be their AOR but that they have since handover to the Police after recording success.
The Police said they did not handover.

Even though the Military did not see Military contingent yet they withdraw the Soldiers on ground ? Why ?
They have been securing that area for years so why such hurry to withdraw ?
Is Chibok and Buni Yadi experience not enough lessons for the Military about sudden withdrawal of men ?

The Military have more question to answer.

If I were Commander in Chief I swear the Police and Army Chiefs are going home. Or some month suspension.

I mean this single Dapchi incident just rubbish all our efforts and gains against BH over the years.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 11:54am On Mar 01, 2018
abiodunalasa:
He didn't even spend 5months. He said they hardly go beyond the Metropolitan areas with strict instructions to stand down should Military come around.

That's definitely his area. Some are fighting along with the military and some are deployed in communities liberated to police the area. Plus the military last year established a presence 20km or so from every police outpost for fast response. Just like the director of information said this morning "we have other duties so once a town is safe, we always handover to sister agencies"

Your big brother looks young. May God protect him over there.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:54am On Mar 01, 2018
abiodunalasa:
He’s a Mopol cool ?
Anyways I think we demand wayy too much from our already over stretched military, there is no way we can expect every single square kilometer of land in this country of our to be under watch by the military 24/7 ! Plus why don’t we ever shift blame to the intelligence agencies? Why don’t we receive human intelligence from individuals who have infiltrated this BHT organization so we can see these attack’s coming !

The whole idea that the military rendered that town vulnerable when they redeployed makes no sense because those soldiers were probably needed somewhere else urgently.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:12pm On Mar 01, 2018
tdayof:

That's definitely his area. Some are fighting along with the military and some are deployed in communities liberated to police the area. Plus the military last year established a presence 20km or so from every police outpost for fast response. Just like the director of information said this morning "we have other duties so once a town is safe, we always handover to sister agencies"

Well then, they both failed during handing over.

tdayof:

Your big brother looks young. May God protect him over there.

Yeah. He's the 3rd. There's are still 2 more before him who are also MOPOL. And one after him who is Captain in the Army.
And myself the last one. Also intending to sign up... cool

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:23pm On Mar 01, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

He’s a Mopol cool ?

Yes he is. A gallant one cool

jakeporeshenko:

Anyways I think we demand wayy too much from our already over stretched military, there is no way we can expect every single square kilometer of land in this country of our to be under watch by the military 24/7 ! Plus why don’t we ever shift blame to the intelligence agencies? Why don’t we receive human intelligence from individuals who have infiltrated this BHT organization so we can see these attack’s coming !

Bros you better forget those Intelligence. If the Intelligence is normal should we even be fighting BH in the first place ?

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by NafeesaAA(f): 12:26pm On Mar 01, 2018
MOPOL using Spray Fire to smoke BHT from their hideout

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:34pm On Mar 01, 2018
S
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:42pm On Mar 01, 2018
abiodunalasa:

Yes he is. A gallant one cool

Bros you better forget those Intelligence. If the Intelligence is normal should we even be fighting BH in the first place ?
You have a point, if we track back to the early stages of this whole mess (2003-2008 from what I’ve gathered online) this thing could have been dealt with in a different manner.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:52pm On Mar 01, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

You have a point, if we track back to the early stages of this whole mess (2003-2008 from what I’ve gathered online) this thing could have been dealt with in a different manner.

Our Intelligence Agencies both NIA and DSS are all about "Fire Brigade Approach".

They only know how to clean up a mess they dont do well in preventing the mess from happening.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by newafricaken254: 1:10pm On Mar 01, 2018
Algeria DSI-GN Special Intervention Detachment

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 1:23pm On Mar 01, 2018
abiodunalasa:

Our Intelligence Agencies both NIA and DSS are all about "Fire Brigade Approach".

They only know how to clean up a mess they dont do well in preventing the mess from happening.
I just don't have the time nor strength to type long chapters but then I must say don't be in a haste to type and when you are in haste,type something concrete
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by newafricaken254: 1:32pm On Mar 01, 2018
The Kenyan intelligence service has been hailed in the United Kingdom for thwarting a terror plan to assassinate Queen Elizabeth II and former Prime Minister David Cameron.

The Kenyan intelligence service has been hailed in the United Kingdom for thwarting a terror plan to assassinate Queen Elizabeth II and former Prime Minister David Cameron.

Details of the plot emerged on Tuesday during the hearing of a case involving London delivery driver Aweys Shikhey, who was interested in joining terror group Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, a Jihadist movement in Iraq and Syria influenced by the Wahhabi doctrine.

During the hearing, Prosecutor Barnaby Jameson told the court that Shikhey was not on the UK intelligence radar until Kenyan authorities encrypted his chat messages on Threema and Telegram with a fellow Somalia national living in Kenya, named Abdirahman Idrissa Hassan, which revealed a discussion of the attacks.

Hassan was arrested in Kenya for terrorism-related offences on September 2016.

JIHAD

Mr Shikhey, 38, and a Dutch national who lives in north London, was found guilty of attempting to join the terror group.

He was arrested on May 23 last year at Stansted Airport by counterterrorism officers as he prepared to board a flight to Turkey en route to Syria.

He was found in possession of a number of mobile phones and had taken a selfie at the airport to disguise himself as a tourist as advised in one of the conversations found on the Kenyan friend’s laptop seized in Kenya.

Originally from Somalia, Shikhey, who has two wives — one in Kenya and the other in Netherlands — is said to have led a double life and dreamed of travelling to take part in a violent jihad after moving to Tottenham, north London.

Mr Jameson detailed a series of messages between Shikhey and Hassan in which the former PM and the Queen were identified as targets.

AMMUNITION
Mr Jameson read some of the messages from the laptop where "Hassan says to the defendant: 'May God bestow you in killing David Cameron and the old woman Elizabeth."'

“That’s a reference to the then prime minister, and what is believed to be a reference to Queen Elizabeth,” Mr Jameson said.

“At the end of the conversation, the defendant says, ‘Amen brother’. That exchange perhaps gives you some insight into the mindset of those two individuals.”

Continuing the conversation, Hassan enquires: “I want to ask you... can you buy bullets in the UK?” read more https://www.nation.co.ke/news/How-Kenya-police-foiled-plot-to-kill-Queen-Elizabeth/1056-4314750-kvev75/index.html

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:38pm On Mar 01, 2018
MORE OPS INSIDE SINAI......

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:39pm On Mar 01, 2018
More.....

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:42pm On Mar 01, 2018
The Heroes of the # units are armed with the beretta beretta arx160, and in the background are the number of 2 VEHICLES # CROCODILE 2 Egyptian armored and armoured m113

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Josfactz: 1:55pm On Mar 01, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

Our elites gave birth to the BH
Their children were the origin of Nigerian Taliban that fought security forces in Kano n madara Mt
Some folks thing BH are all illiterates but the Taliban that have birth to BH had students trained outside & inside Nigeria, they got indoctrinated .......... happened n we had bh
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:10pm On Mar 01, 2018
The landing of an Egyptian plane of # c _ 130 at Bermuda airport safely after the explosion of one of the rear tyres
On February 23, 23, one of the 130. Of The Egyptian military transport aircraft at the l.f. international airport in the Bermuda Archipelago was closed for 30 minutes.
The spokesman for the department of fire and rescue of the Bermuda Archipelago, Sarge Alan Wilkinson, stated that at 10:20 a.m. local time, the staff of the airport international airport observed an explosion of one of the tires of the Egyptian aircraft during the landing, and that an explosion The plane with 15 military personnel on board splattered and caused smoke, which led to the closing of the airport for 30 minutes.
Bermuda: an archipelago in the Atlantic, a British overseas territory in the Atlantic Ocean.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:17pm On Mar 01, 2018
Great featured photos of the strategic rocket air defense system s-300 VM / Antey-2500
Note | the last photo taken at the moment of the system's landing in one of the ports of Alexandria

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by newafricaken254: 2:18pm On Mar 01, 2018
Defence Headquarters Host Students under PURES (Pupils Reward Scheme) Programme

Thirty six (36) students who are the beneficiaries of Pupils Reward scheme (PURES) program visited the Ministry of Defence (MOD) on 8th February 2018. They are the best performing pupils from 16 different counties.

Pupils Reward scheme (PURES) is a mentorship programme which was initiated and launched by His Excellency the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Defence Forces Uhuru Kenyatta and Her Excellency the First Lady, Margaret Kenyatta to motivate pupils to work hard in their studies and instill in them a sense of discipline, direction and patriotism. The program is also aimed at inculcating the spirit of service to the pupils which has become rare in the Kenyan leadership and community at large.

On behalf of the Ministry of Defence top leadership, Colonel Public Affairs Colonel David Obonyo, welcomed the students. He assured the pupils that they got a good forum to learn more about the Kenya Defence Forces (KDF).

A presentation was made by Major James Githaka, officer in charge of Doctrine and Establishment, which captured organisation and functions of MOD, a brief history of KDF and major achievemnets. It was folowed by a short video clip that highlighted key areas in KDF from recruitment, training, weapons to parades of both Cadets and recruits, that drew enthusiasm form the students.

Thereafter the students proceded to Kenya Air Force Heaqdquarters in Eastleigh, Nairobi, where they got a briefing on KAF and its functions from Colonel Benedict Mwololo. They also got an opportunity to learn more about the aircrafts that include Puma, Y-12 and Dash 8. The climax of their visit was when they were treated to an aircraft experience and interact with pilots who shared their first hand experience.

The visit was an eye opener to the young citizens since it has imparted some military knowledge on them. Out of the thirty six students, five of them showed interest in joining the Kenya Defence Forces on completion of their studies.

On behalf of the pupils, PURES Director Florence Awori, who had accompanied the pupils thanked the Officers, Service Members and all the partcipants for giving the students comprehensive information about MOD and KDF in general. She added that they are grateful for having a chance to be taught and exposed to the work done by the Kenya Defence Forces.

Deputy Commander Kenya Air Force Brigadier Francis Ogolla, expressed his joy for hosting the students who are determined to be leaders of tomorrow. He assured them that their dreams are still valid. Finally Brigadier Ogolla on behalf of KDF appreciated the PURES project coordinator for choosing MOD as one of their place of visit.

1. The Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) Spokesman Colonel David Obonyo in company with the PURES Director Florence Awori (left) and Major James Githaka, addressing the students under PURES programme at Defence Headquarters during their visit on Wednesday 7th February 2018

2. Samson Kanyua from Mugumo Secondary School speaking during the Questions and Answers Session at the event

3. Major James Githaka addressing the students under PURES programme.

4. The students under PURES programme enjoy a ride in the the Kenya Air Force Y12 Aircraft during their visit to Moi Air Base.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by newafricaken254: 2:21pm On Mar 01, 2018
Deputy Commander Kenya Air Force Brigadier Francis Ogolla addressing the students under PURES programme

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 2:21pm On Mar 01, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

He’s a Mopol cool ?

The whole idea that the military rendered that town vulnerable when they redeployed makes no sense because those soldiers were probably needed somewhere else urgently.
Let me interject.Please tell your Police friend to stay safe.
Again it depends on which detachment of the police he is attached to.
The Police have seen heavy action in the North East.A Classmate of mine who is a very senior officer has witnessed the carnage.
A lot of policemen have died from Gboko to Damboa fighting alongside their Army brethren.
I have no reason to doubt his sincerity, He is a blueblood meaning second generation and he chose to be a cop.
This incident boils down to leadership as someone remarked the most dangerous person on the field is the guy on the field.The second?
The guy on the receiving end.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 2:59pm On Mar 01, 2018
Xx
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Kalapizim(m): 4:24pm On Mar 01, 2018
Josfactz:

Our elites gave birth to the BH
Their children were the origin of Nigerian Taliban that fought security forces in Kano n madara Mt
Some folks thing BH are all illiterates but the Taliban that have birth to BH had students trained outside & inside Nigeria, they got indoctrinated .......... happened n we had bh
The signs have been there since the sixties, Locals apart from elites have been supporting the attack of Non indigenes/ non Muslims over the years. More like setting fire to a bush and it has now consumed the whole forest. Those of us who grew up in the north witnessed all these killings and carnage.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Josfactz: 4:51pm On Mar 01, 2018
Kalapizim:
The signs have been there since the sixties, Locals apart from elites have been supporting the attack of Non indigenes/ non Muslims over the years. More like setting fire to a bush and it has now consumed the whole forest. Those of us who grew up in the north witnessed all these killings and carnage.
I don't know how you got your info sir
But Muslims have been the target of the group from its early days, especially those who were publicly against them, served with Govts, Islamic scholars and co from Kano-Maiduguri
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:10pm On Mar 01, 2018
Nigerian Army Commanding Officer Of The "Strike Force Group" Killed By Boko Haram Suicide Bomber In Sambisa Forest

Lieutenant-Colonel AE Mamudu, one of the commanding officers of the Nigerian Army Strike Force Group, was on Thursday, killed by a vehicle-borne Improvised Explosive Device in Sambisa Forest.

May his soul rest in peace

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:14pm On Mar 01, 2018
Troops Killed 10 Herdsmen Caught Setting Village Ablaze In Adamawa

Troops of 101 special Forces Battalion of Nigerian Army on Excercise Ayem Akpatuma (Cat Race) deployed at Numan Local Government Area of Adamawa State on Tuesday killed 10 herdsmen and arrested six others caught while on the run after setting a village ablaze. Brigadier General Texas Chukwu, Director Army Public Relations said the troops responded to distress call and supported troops at Gwamba village under attack by herdsmen on Tuesday.

http://saharareporters.com/2018/02/28/troops-killed-10-herdsmen-caught-setting-village-ablaze-adamawa

(1) (2) (3) ... (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) ... (2208) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.