Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,565 members, 7,941,154 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 06:31 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (775) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3139446 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (772) (773) (774) (775) (776) (777) (778) ... (2209) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 2:07pm On Dec 31, 2018
allexpensive:

Or maybe lack of discipline. That's what I have noticed. The military job Is not meant to be comfortable, you just have to adapt to it. Some of my boys leave their gear in the vehicle because they feel it's extra wahala. I didn't complain till we got back and I made it known to my superior who corrected them.

However, apologies to captainstephen. NA boys seems not to have this morale and discipline naturally and feel they can fight like the the enemies with boot, shirt and riffle alone. I have seen several military gear left behind during patrol due to soldiers negligence. I feel the Army brass should enforce strict disciplinary actions towards any soldier in a bad fatigue in public pictures.

I haven't been hit before but I am very sure the vest has saved serval lives. I don't even joke with my head gear.
Uncle you don't need to talk too much just look closely at the last pic dropped by BabaOwen, see that soldier wearing slippers. Honestly speaking the indiscipline in the rank and file ofbthe NA is a source of serious concern, most of them have this irritating I don't care attitude when something happens people will think the authorities are responsible, yes the top brass can do better but to tell ourselves the truth the soldiers have their own issues, we are gradually seeing the police"sization" of the NA

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 2:09pm On Dec 31, 2018
slimthugchimee2:

Ambushes thou? Just asking

Ambushes are easier to deal with when mobile as it was part of the training with Eeben's team. Remember, there was also Air Support with the mobile units.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by mekussa(m): 2:14pm On Dec 31, 2018
allexpensive:

Or maybe lack of discipline. That's what I have noticed. The military job Is not meant to be comfortable, you just have to adapt to it. Some of my boys leave their gear in the vehicle because they feel it's extra wahala. I didn't complain till we got back and I made it known to my superior who corrected them.

However, apologies to captainstephen. NA boys seems not to have this morale and discipline naturally and feel they can fight like the the enemies with boot, shirt and riffle alone. I have seen several military gear left behind during patrol due to soldiers negligence. I feel the Army brass should enforce strict disciplinary actions towards any soldier in a bad fatigue in public pictures.

I haven't been hit before but I am very sure the vest has saved serval lives. I don't even joke with my head gear.

Not in the military but have faced QUITE A FEW life and death situations in the Northeast especially the 2011- 2013 years and like you said....IT TAKES DISCIPLINE not to forget the little SURVIVAL INSTRUCTIONS you were given when you are under fire.
The video HENRY shared on the Brits and Talis goes a long way to reinforce that.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 2:21pm On Dec 31, 2018
On the 29th of July 1966, Major General Aguiyi-Ironsi, the Military Head of state, stopped over in Ibadan as part of a Nationwide tour. He was recieved by Lt Colonel Fajuyi who was Military Governor of the Western Region. Before this visit, Ironsi had been warned several times that Northern elements in the Nigerian Army were planning a counter-Coup to which Ironsi dismissed as 'mere rumour'. After Ironsi and Fajuyi had conducted several meeting and consultations, both men retired to Government House for the night. Early in the morning the next day, a detachment of Soldiers led by Major Theophilus Yakubu Danjuma surrounded Government house Ibadan. On sensing the danger outside, Ironsi hid his son, Thomas Ironsi, in a wardrobe before the Soldiers forced their way into Government House. Ironsi, Fajuyi, Ironsi's ADC Captain Nwankwo and Fajuyi's ADC Lt Bello were all arrested. The four men were taken to a thick forest on the outskirts of Ibadan, off Iwo road. Because Lt Bello was a Northerner, he was released while Nwankwo, Fajuyi and Ironsi were badly beaten. When Fajuyi could no longer stand on his two legs, he was gunned down. It was during the shooting of Fajuyi that Lt Bello created a distraction which helped Captain Nwankwo to escape. Thereafter, Ironsi was also executed.

As part of the Aburi agreement, Ironsi's body was later flown to the East where he was given a state burial in his hometown Umuahia. People openly chanted at Ojukwu to pull the Eastern Region out of Nigeria during the burial proceedings.

Ironsi's ADC, Captain Andrew Nwankwo, escaped from Ibadan back to the East and would later fight on the Biafran side during the war. He later became a Senator representing Ebonyi state.

Lt Bello who helped him escape died in the war

Thomas Ironsi would later become a minister under the regime of Obasunjo.

Theophilus Yakubu Danjuma who killed Ironsi would later become Chief of Army Staff. He retired from the Army in 1979 and went on to become Chairman of Nestle Nigeria. He was appointed Defence minister during the regime of Obasunjo and is today a billionaire Oil mogul.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 2:39pm On Dec 31, 2018
Despite denials by the Nigerian military, Boko Haram fighters seized Baga, Doron-Baga, Kross Kawwa, Bunduran, Kekeno and Kukawa towns of Borno State after three days of fierce battles from Wednesday to Friday last week, Daily Trust learnt from impeccable military and political sources in Maiduguri yesterday.

All six towns are major population centres in Kukawa local government area of northern Borno. There are currently no Nigerian or Multinational forces in the areas, Daily Trust learnt from multiple sources last night.

The insurgents, driving in a convoy of more than ten fighter vehicles, used the main road from Kros Kawwa to launch coordinated attacks on Wednesday last week, December 26. They overrun the Multinational ‎forces’ headquarters, a naval fighting base and a Marine Police base in some of the attacked areas, the sources said.

The insurgents first attacked a base of the multinational forces located in Mile Four (an area outside Baga town) at about 4pm and the military responded. Fighting took place till midnight after which the insurgents took control of the military base while our soldiers retreated. Commander of the multinational force, whose name was given as Brigadier General Hassan, was said to have escaped at night to a police base in Baga town alongside some of his men. The following day, Thursday, the Nigerian military deployed fighter jets between 6 to 7am, bombing the multinational forces base hoping to prevent Boko Haram from carting away weapons in case they didn’t do that the previous night. ‎The insurgents, said multiple sources, then attacked Mile Three, where the Navy had a fighting base, close to the military. The Navy was said to have put up stiff resistance but eventually lost control on Thursday. A commander of the base whose name was given as Air Commodore Degel escaped to Monguno.

On Friday, the insurgents moved to another naval base located about three kilometers north of Baga in an area popularly called Fish Dam on shores of the Lake Chad, through which imports and exports take place between Nigerians and Chadians. The naval fighters weresafeguarding Nigerian waterways which the insurgents occasionally attempted to usein order to attack communities. The insurgents took over the base after a fight, it was learned. About 40 naval fighters escaped on a ship and local boats through portions of Lake Chad to a village called Kaiga in the Republic of Chad, where they were received by Chadian authorities.

The navy fighters, sources said, tried to escape with weapons into the lake even though the insurgents may have had their hands on some. The insurgents entered Baga town and attacked a marine police station on Thursday. They however spared residents, saying they were after military and civilian JTF fighters. The insurgents gave civilians the choice to stay or to freely leave the town. Majority of residents numbering about 2,000 trekked sixty kilometres to Monguno using bush paths. Commander of the Multinational forces and members of the civilian JTF were said to have joined the residents, whose knowledge of the terrain helped the party to reach Monguno.

Daily Trust learnt that only a trailer driver was killed by the insurgents when he was seen carrying soldiers who jumped into the truck in an attempt to escape. It was not clear what happened to the soldiers.

Sources added that the insurgents were also in Doron-Baga where hundreds of residents fled through the lake on local boats. ‎The residents are said to be taking refuge in a border village under the control of Chadian authorities. On Friday, the insurgents made attempts to takeover the army’s 8th Brigade in Monguno town but the military repelled them. The insurgents however overran an army base in Kekeno (a town in Kukawa local government area), our sources said. The sources said the insurgents are currently in control of the six major towns in Kukawa making them in full control of the local government area with water ways accessing Chad. It was gathered that weak old men and women are currently trapped in the six towns even though majority have freely left.

Daily Trust reporters in Maiduguri said yesterday that of the tensof thousands of the residents of the fishing and farming communities that fled out of Doro and Baga, thousands still missing in the bush between Baga and Maiduguri. Thousands who made it to Maiduguri by both trekking and motor commuting have gathered adjacent to the popular Baga Road Market, Maiduguri, over the last couple of days, sleeping in the open, partly waiting for the possible arrival of their missing relations.

A Borno State Civilian JTF leader in Borno State told Daily Trust yesterday, “As I am talking to you now, you cannot find 300 residents in Baga and Doro and other communities put together.” He added, “Soldiers themselves fled from the Kukawa LGA communities (including Baga and Doro) to Monguno on Friday, but a military reinforcement was quickly mobilised there between Saturday and Sunday. While thousands have found their way to Maiduguri from Baga and Doro and surrounding communities, my members have reliably reported to me that no fewer than two thousand fled to Yobe State through through Damasak and Gaidam.

“The Divisional Police State at Baga is empty as the DPO and his men there fled because an insurgent happened to be arrested by the police and his fellow insurgents had vowed to get him out at whatever cost.This is the much I can tell you. Security there is very fragile and, if there are people there at all, they may not be up to 500 as at today (Sunday),” he said.

Since Saturday, the usually vehicle-packed space adjacent to Baga Road Market, Maiduguri has been heavily crowded by the fleers. Some of them recounted their ordeal to Daily Trust.”As I am speaking to you now, thousands of our returnees, including my father and mother and many of my family members and friends, are still missing in the bush between Lake Chad and Maiduguri,” Muhammad Bukar from Kangarwa near Baga said.

“The insurgents invaded our town on Wednesday,” Garba Adam of Doron Baga said. “When they came, they told us not to fear, that the town had now become part of Daula [Islamic State], and that whoever wished to stay as a resident of the Daula could do so and whoever wished to leave could also do so.So on Thursday, we left the town.Residents fled in different directions.”

Borno State Government, which was celebrating the rebuilding of communities and return of IDPs to the seized towns in Kukawa, has now been forced to establish new camps for displaced persons. The State Emergency Management Agency and humanitarian workers are engaged in settling displaced persons in camps with medical and food supplies. Displaced persons had earlier been resettled in 14 of the 20 local government areas once controled by Boko Haram. Over 30,000 homes, hospitals, water installations, schools and palaces of traditional rulers were rebuild before displaced persons returned.

The UN and other international development agencies were initially against the return of displaced persons until the Nigerian military gave assurances. Apart from Kukawa, 13 other local government areas where displaced persons returned are under the military even though there are reports of fears in areas like Bama, Ngala and Mobbar LGAs which were hitherto occupied as well.

Shettima hosts emergency security confab today

Due to the deteriorating security situation in northern Borno, Governor Kashim Shettima of Borno State will today host ‎an emergency extraordinary security meeting in Maiduguri ‎to be attended by heads of security establishments, leadership of the Civilian JTF and hunters, traditional rulers and Borno elders. The state’s three Senators, 10 House of Reps and 28 state assembly members, selected chairmen and commissioners from local government areas affected by recent attacks, leadership of the University of Maiduguri and selected tertiary institutions, chairmen of the Nigeria Labour Congress, Nigeria Bar Association, Nigerian Union of Journalists, National Council of Women Societies and Nigeria Legion in Borno State are also expected to attend.

The governor’s spokesman Isa Gusau, who announced this in a statement issued on Friday, said the meeting will hold at 4pm during which participants will review the situation in view of recent developments, make suggestions and come up with a resolution that will be delivered to President Buhari by a delegation.

The state government and other institutions concerned by aspects of the resolutions will take necessary and immediate actions to implement them, the statement said.

Gusau recalled in the statement that Governor Kashim Shettima has on different occasions, including in recent weeks, met with President Muhammadu Buhari and other security stakeholders over matters of security in Borno State and the President has regularly proved his empathy, commitment and determination to end the Boko Haram crisis in order to create enabling environment for the aggressive rebuilding of destroyed communities, rehabilitation and resettlement of victims which the Borno government has been doing since 2015.‎

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/boko-haram-seizes-6-borno-towns.html

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:04pm On Dec 31, 2018
Seriously speaking, if I were a Nigerian soldier, my only reason to fight would be the fact that I love to fight. Nigeria has always been a very wicked country filled with blood thirsty bullies and religious fanatics on all sides and tribal biggots. If one doesn't love to fight, faced with the ennemy he would wonder what he is fighting for.

Just observe Nigerian politics for example, it is all about wanting your tribe to dominate other tribes and carter their resources away. Nobody sees corruption in his tribesmen even when provided with proof, but those same idiots always see corruption on people from other tribes even without proof...

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 4:11pm On Dec 31, 2018
BabaOwen:
Despite denials by the Nigerian military, Boko Haram fighters seized Baga, Doron-Baga, Kross Kawwa, Bunduran, Kekeno and Kukawa towns of Borno State after three days of fierce battles from Wednesday to Friday last week, Daily Trust learnt from impeccable military and political sources in Maiduguri yesterday.
Lt.Bello did not die during the war.
Lt Bello was promoted through the ranks to Colonel
He would retire as the Governor of Kano State.
He is currently alive and well as Business Man.
You constantly come here to spew untruths.
Keep on.

All six towns are major population centres in Kukawa local government area of northern Borno. There are currently no Nigerian or Multinational forces in the areas, Daily Trust learnt from multiple sources last night.

The insurgents, driving in a convoy of more than ten fighter vehicles, used the main road from Kros Kawwa to launch coordinated attacks on Wednesday last week, December 26. They overrun the Multinational ‎forces’ headquarters, a naval fighting base and a Marine Police base in some of the attacked areas, the sources said.

The insurgents first attacked a base of the multinational forces located in Mile Four (an area outside Baga town) at about 4pm and the military responded. Fighting took place till midnight after which the insurgents took control of the military base while our soldiers retreated. Commander of the multinational force, whose name was given as Brigadier General Hassan, was said to have escaped at night to a police base in Baga town alongside some of his men. The following day, Thursday, the Nigerian military deployed fighter jets between 6 to 7am, bombing the multinational forces base hoping to prevent Boko Haram from carting away weapons in case they didn’t do that the previous night. ‎The insurgents, said multiple sources, then attacked Mile Three, where the Navy had a fighting base, close to the military. The Navy was said to have put up stiff resistance but eventually lost control on Thursday. A commander of the base whose name was given as Air Commodore Degel escaped to Monguno.

On Friday, the insurgents moved to another naval base located about three kilometers north of Baga in an area popularly called Fish Dam on shores of the Lake Chad, through which imports and exports take place between Nigerians and Chadians. The naval fighters weresafeguarding Nigerian waterways which the insurgents occasionally attempted to usein order to attack communities. The insurgents took over the base after a fight, it was learned. About 40 naval fighters escaped on a ship and local boats through portions of Lake Chad to a village called Kaiga in the Republic of Chad, where they were received by Chadian authorities.

The navy fighters, sources said, tried to escape with weapons into the lake even though the insurgents may have had their hands on some. The insurgents entered Baga town and attacked a marine police station on Thursday. They however spared residents, saying they were after military and civilian JTF fighters. The insurgents gave civilians the choice to stay or to freely leave the town. Majority of residents numbering about 2,000 trekked sixty kilometres to Monguno using bush paths. Commander of the Multinational forces and members of the civilian JTF were said to have joined the residents, whose knowledge of the terrain helped the party to reach Monguno.

Daily Trust learnt that only a trailer driver was killed by the insurgents when he was seen carrying soldiers who jumped into the truck in an attempt to escape. It was not clear what happened to the soldiers.

Sources added that the insurgents were also in Doron-Baga where hundreds of residents fled through the lake on local boats. ‎The residents are said to be taking refuge in a border village under the control of Chadian authorities. On Friday, the insurgents made attempts to takeover the army’s 8th Brigade in Monguno town but the military repelled them. The insurgents however overran an army base in Kekeno (a town in Kukawa local government area), our sources said. The sources said the insurgents are currently in control of the six major towns in Kukawa making them in full control of the local government area with water ways accessing Chad. It was gathered that weak old men and women are currently trapped in the six towns even though majority have freely left.

Daily Trust reporters in Maiduguri said yesterday that of the tensof thousands of the residents of the fishing and farming communities that fled out of Doro and Baga, thousands still missing in the bush between Baga and Maiduguri. Thousands who made it to Maiduguri by both trekking and motor commuting have gathered adjacent to the popular Baga Road Market, Maiduguri, over the last couple of days, sleeping in the open, partly waiting for the possible arrival of their missing relations.

A Borno State Civilian JTF leader in Borno State told Daily Trust yesterday, “As I am talking to you now, you cannot find 300 residents in Baga and Doro and other communities put together.” He added, “Soldiers themselves fled from the Kukawa LGA communities (including Baga and Doro) to Monguno on Friday, but a military reinforcement was quickly mobilised there between Saturday and Sunday. While thousands have found their way to Maiduguri from Baga and Doro and surrounding communities, my members have reliably reported to me that no fewer than two thousand fled to Yobe State through through Damasak and Gaidam.

“The Divisional Police State at Baga is empty as the DPO and his men there fled because an insurgent happened to be arrested by the police and his fellow insurgents had vowed to get him out at whatever cost.This is the much I can tell you. Security there is very fragile and, if there are people there at all, they may not be up to 500 as at today (Sunday),” he said.

Since Saturday, the usually vehicle-packed space adjacent to Baga Road Market, Maiduguri has been heavily crowded by the fleers. Some of them recounted their ordeal to Daily Trust.”As I am speaking to you now, thousands of our returnees, including my father and mother and many of my family members and friends, are still missing in the bush between Lake Chad and Maiduguri,” Muhammad Bukar from Kangarwa near Baga said.

“The insurgents invaded our town on Wednesday,” Garba Adam of Doron Baga said. “When they came, they told us not to fear, that the town had now become part of Daula [Islamic State], and that whoever wished to stay as a resident of the Daula could do so and whoever wished to leave could also do so.So on Thursday, we left the town.Residents fled in different directions.”

Borno State Government, which was celebrating the rebuilding of communities and return of IDPs to the seized towns in Kukawa, has now been forced to establish new camps for displaced persons. The State Emergency Management Agency and humanitarian workers are engaged in settling displaced persons in camps with medical and food supplies. Displaced persons had earlier been resettled in 14 of the 20 local government areas once controled by Boko Haram. Over 30,000 homes, hospitals, water installations, schools and palaces of traditional rulers were rebuild before displaced persons returned.

The UN and other international development agencies were initially against the return of displaced persons until the Nigerian military gave assurances. Apart from Kukawa, 13 other local government areas where displaced persons returned are under the military even though there are reports of fears in areas like Bama, Ngala and Mobbar LGAs which were hitherto occupied as well.

Shettima hosts emergency security confab today

Due to the deteriorating security situation in northern Borno, Governor Kashim Shettima of Borno State will today host ‎an emergency extraordinary security meeting in Maiduguri ‎to be attended by heads of security establishments, leadership of the Civilian JTF and hunters, traditional rulers and Borno elders. The state’s three Senators, 10 House of Reps and 28 state assembly members, selected chairmen and commissioners from local government areas affected by recent attacks, leadership of the University of Maiduguri and selected tertiary institutions, chairmen of the Nigeria Labour Congress, Nigeria Bar Association, Nigerian Union of Journalists, National Council of Women Societies and Nigeria Legion in Borno State are also expected to attend.

The governor’s spokesman Isa Gusau, who announced this in a statement issued on Friday, said the meeting will hold at 4pm during which participants will review the situation in view of recent developments, make suggestions and come up with a resolution that will be delivered to President Buhari by a delegation.

The state government and other institutions concerned by aspects of the resolutions will take necessary and immediate actions to implement them, the statement said.

Gusau recalled in the statement that Governor Kashim Shettima has on different occasions, including in recent weeks, met with President Muhammadu Buhari and other security stakeholders over matters of security in Borno State and the President has regularly proved his empathy, commitment and determination to end the Boko Haram crisis in order to create enabling environment for the aggressive rebuilding of destroyed communities, rehabilitation and resettlement of victims which the Borno government has been doing since 2015.‎

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/boko-haram-seizes-6-borno-towns.html
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Fash20: 4:27pm On Dec 31, 2018
prolog2:
Seriously speaking, if I were a Nigerian soldier, my only reason to fight would be the fact that I love to fight. Nigeria has always been a very wicked country filled with blood thirsty bullies and religious fanatics on all sides and tribal biggots. If one doesn't love to fight, faced with the ennemy he would wonder what he is fighting for.

Just observe Nigerian politics for example, it is all about wanting your tribe to dominate other tribes and carter their resources away. Nobody sees corruption in his tribesmen even when provided with proof, but those same idiots always see corruption on people from other tribes even without proof...

True talk bro...

I usually ask myself if I can die for this country and my answer is No.

I'm sure more than 80% of Nigerians would say No too.

An average Nigerian is not patriotic. We place things like tribe, religion,state before fact that we are Nigerians. If we continue to be unpatriotic, Nigeria will always remain a 3rd world country.

The earlier we realise this the better.

I respect those who are in the war zone(our troops).You are the real hero not our selfish and useless leaders.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:52pm On Dec 31, 2018
Sambisa forest; seasons greetings from our gallant troops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6V9SPRioPs

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by upko1: 10:16pm On Dec 31, 2018
bidexiii:

Sambisa forest; seasons greetings from our gallant troops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6V9SPRioPs
God bless and protect our soilders.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 10:19pm On Dec 31, 2018
Information control, that soldier just mentioned the first and last names of his wife and kid, bad idea, heck i wouldn't want my face shown.
The enemy you're fighting live among you, who's to say they won't harm your loved ones if they have the info, bad idea IMO

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 10:24pm On Dec 31, 2018
Sizzorkay:
Information control, that soldier just mentioned the first and last names of his wife and kid, bad idea, heck i wouldn't want my face shown.
The enemy you're fighting live among you, who's to say they won't harm your loved ones if they have the info, bad idea IMO
God bless the Nigerian Soldiers who are willing to die so my parents and my family can sleep in our beds at Night.
I wish all of you represented by
Captain Stephen
Allexpensive
A happy new year and to you and your families
God bless .

10 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 11:16pm On Dec 31, 2018
Happy New year everyone. Keep the faith.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 11:33pm On Dec 31, 2018
Ha, why quote my comment before writing yours? But hey, same here, Happy New year everyone
Let's hope the loonies on Nairaland change for better come 2019, end the rants... grin grin
LTGEN:

God bless the Nigerian Soldiers who are willing to die so my parents and my family can sleep in our beds at Night.
I wish all of you represented by
Captain Stephen
Allexpensive
A happy new year and to you and your families
God bless .

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:03am On Jan 01, 2019
God bless those Shiit guys who got slaughtered. God bless our Ancestors who fought against colonisation. God bless every African whom is making us proud by scientific archievements. God bless good people who do good things. God punish bad people who do bad things. God bless other religions and other tribes. And may our Devine Ancestors bless the Jewish God.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:12am On Jan 01, 2019
Also God bless the army except it's bad apples.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 1:50am On Jan 01, 2019
Happy New Year every one

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 2:07am On Jan 01, 2019
Happy New Year to our Gallant Soldiers esoecially you guys here in the Northeast. May God really bless you guys

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by numbered(m): 2:08am On Jan 01, 2019
Happy New Year!

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:41am On Jan 01, 2019
Happy New Year..... grin

Thanks for making the thread an interesting one in 2018; 2019 would be much fun.
Thank you guys .. kiss

And to all the soldiers out there in the frontline, thanks and God's protection.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:45am On Jan 01, 2019
God bless d armed forces.
May our fallen heroes souls rest in peace

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:48am On Jan 01, 2019
ARREST OF NOTORIOUS KIDNAPPERS/BANDITS IN ZAMFARA STATE RESPONSIBLE FOR KIDNAPPING OF THE TEENAGE FEMALE TWINs ON 21/10/18 IN ZAMFARA STATE:

PARADE OF VICIOUS AND NOTORIOUS KIDNAP FOR RANSOM, BANDITS AND ARMED ROBBERY GANG RESPONSIBLE FOR THE RECENT KIDNAPPING OF A TEENAGE FEMALE TWINS AND SEVERAL OTHER VICTIMS, ARMED ROBBERIES AND CATTLE RUSTLING CASES IN ZAMFARA STATE.

SUSPECTS
i. Nafiu Usman 28yrs a.k.a Baba Doctor, native of Wanke village in Gusau LGA - Sectional Leader
ii. Ma'aruf Usman of Wanari Village in Zurmi LGA
iii. Inusa Usman 40yrs native of Zurmi LGA
iv. Awal Jibril 41yrs native of Mada LGA
v. Shehu Mohammed 55yrs
vi. Alhaji Ibrahim Ibrahim 35yrs
vii. Ibrahim Sani 45yrs
viii. Kabiru Usman 30yrs
ix. Bala Garba 60yrs
x. Maigari Labbo 56yrs
xi. Mohammed Abdullahi Aramako 31yrs
xii. Salisu Mamman Wadatau 38yrs of Danjibga LGA the major informant of the Gang

EXHIBITS
i. Six (6) AK47 Rifles
ii. Four (4) Magazines,
iii. Thirty Four (34) AK47 live ammunition
iv. Four (4) Swords

Consequent on the Kidnap of one Hassana Bala 'F' 18yrs and her twin sister, Hussaina Bala 'F' 18yrs on 21/10/18 in Dauran Village, Zurmi LGA, Zamfara State when they went to distribute their wedding invitation cards to families and friends, the Inspector General of Police, IGP Ibrahim K. Idris, NPM, mni, directed a discrete investigation into the sudden disappearance of the Twins and bring perpetrators to justice.

2. The operatives of the IGP Intelligence Response Team (IRT) Led by DCP Abba Kyari carried out a discrete investigation into the matter and succeeded in the arrest of the above mentioned Twelve (12) suspects who were directly responsible for the kidnap of the Twins, Hassana Bala and Hussaina Bala on 21/10/18 in Dauran Village Zurmi LGA Zamfara.

3. The suspects were arrested in various criminal hideouts in Katsina and Zamfara States. They confessed to the crime and admitted to the various criminal roles they played in the Kidnapping of the Twins and several other armed robberies, kidnapping and cattle rustling in Zamfara State and environs.

4. The Suspects also admitted to the Intelligence Response Team that they collected the sum of Fifteen Million Naira (N15m) as ransom before releasing the twins and shared the money Five Hundred thousand Naira (N500,000) each.

5. Six (6) AK47 Rifles, Several Magazines, Thirty Four (34) AK47 live ammunition and Four (4) Swords were recovered from their possession. They will all be arraigned in Court on completion of Investigation.

Ag. DCP JIMOH MOSHOOD
FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
FORCE HEADQUARTERS
ABUJA

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:17am On Jan 01, 2019
#Libya- photo of the 1 SIAI-Marchetti SF.260 in #Kufra Airport preparing for night sortie against #Chad|ian militias

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:01am On Jan 01, 2019
rka2:

Poor engineering support, hence the troops shouldn't have been set up in these bases in the first place as the NA aren't an expeditionary force considering vast areas of the NE have for a long time been ungoverned. They should have stuck with the tactics of Eeben Barlow and continued to establish mobile units to continually harass them while investing in new equipment including field engineering and logistics as well as heli-borne forces.
Poor engineering as a result of a port SOP.

However if you watched the British documentary i posted, you'll see that their base is also poorly defended.

Mud walls not up-to 6 feet high. Sand bags and blocks.

I agree with you, the army should have continued with the tactics of Eeben Barlow.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:15am On Jan 01, 2019
rka2:

Henry, this video is of a conventional army taking on another conventional army from opposite directions and each side trying to avoid being killed. ISWAP/BHT attack from multiple fronts with no fear and ready to die sacrificing themselves time and time again.

Nigerian troops mostly at these FOBs have nowhere of note to shelter from AAA fired from distances, while most of their tracked vehicles have broken down and T-72 tanks stop firing after one round. Why do you think BHT don't bother capturing them and just burn them?

I can't view the British clip where I am as it is blocked by the makers due to copyright. Nigerian bases are usually set up incorrectly with no natural barriers. Like I said, put some foreign troops in the same bases with the same equipment and see how they fare.

Yes, there are training issues, but I blame the army heirarchy for setting up these bases without proper engineering and logistic support. Foxholes, barbed wire fences etc. just don't cut it.
No sir. it doesn't matter who the attacking force is. It shows how your hold ground and defend your position against attacking elements.

Both the British and Thai showed a lot of dexterity and composure in defending their positions against attacking elements. That's what we need to learn.

The British had to deal with mortars.

BHT don't bother carrying heavy equipment because they can't support them. The stole a BM-21 but the Air Force quickly destroyed it.

A standard Nigerian army gun-truck is heavily armed and comes in a configuration of a 12.7mm or 14.5mm. We gave the capability to defend our position against insurgent attacks.

The British base is basic, no Hescos, just sand-bangs and blocks.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:48am On Jan 01, 2019
Residents flee as Boko Haram take over Borno communities

There has been mass movement of people out of communities in Borno State through Damaturu the Yobe State capital to Bauchi, Gombe, Kebbi, Zamfara, Kebbi and Jigawa states.

Residents told our correspondent, the Boko Haram insurgents, who attacked some communities in Borno, were targeting soldiers.

Boko Haram had last week overran Baga, Doron-Baga, Kross Kawwa, Bunduran, Kekeno and Kukawa towns of Borno State after three days of intense fighting.

Mallam Bukar Kachalla and Mr. Abacha Musa told one of our correspondents on the phone on Monday that since late Saturday there has been a mass movement of people through Dapchi and Damaturu to other neigbouring states like Jigawa, Kebbi, Bauchi, Zamfara and Gombe.

Abacha said, “Baga is a big fishing community and people from other states especially Hausas used to stay there for fishing business, but following the attack on Baga and other towns, hundreds of people have been fleeing the area.

“One of those who fled, Mallam Isa Haruna said the Boko Haram fighters who invaded Baga were friendly and even prayed in the mosque together.

“They were not concerned about us, the civilians, but their targets were the soldiers.”

Abacha noted that those fleeing the towns in Borno under Boko Haram control have lamented the hardship facing them as they have to trek miles before getting vehicles to Damaturu.

On his part, Mallam Bukar Kachalla who wondered why Boko Harm usually becomes fierce towards elections said dozens of people have been fleeing Borno since Saturday.

He called on the international community to help dislodge Boko Haram from the northeast for the peace and security of the region

https://punchng.com/residents-flee-as-boko-haram-takes-over-borno-communities/

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 10:22am On Jan 01, 2019
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 10:24am On Jan 01, 2019
Henry240:

No sir. it doesn't matter who the attacking force is. It shows how your hold ground and defend your position against attacking elements.

Both the British and Thai showed a lot of dexterity and composure in defending their positions against attacking elements. That's what we need to learn.

BHT don't bother carrying heavy equipment because they can't support them. The stole a BM-21 but the Air Force quickly destroyed it.

A standard Nigerian army gun-truck is heavily armed and comes in a configuration of a 12.7mm or 14.5mm. We gave the capability to defend our position against insurgent attacks.

Oga Henry, you can't compare British soldiers with Nigerian regular soldiers, who in some cases were sent directly to the NE with little experience. I have watched several documentaries of British Soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan I know how heavily defended their bases are. The documentary which I couldn't watch was most probably a patrol that was caught up in an ambush at a specific location rather than it being a base (Nigerian troops have fought their way out of ambushes as well).

Then again, you can't really compare British troops to Nigerian regular troops because they are trained to a very high standard before deployment. A battle group is sent to Salisbury Plain to train on realistic scenarios for a year before deployment and also sometimes to Nevada in the US.

Only AFSF, HQ Srike Group and the like are trained to such standards, which takes time. Nigerian SBS are on a different level, but unfortunately, you can't mass train class.

Brings me back to my original assertion. Why deploy our regular troops to ill suited FOBs and other badly constructed bases, which is half of the problem? Yes, there are training issues with the regular troops, which is why I said Eeben Barlow style mobile teams are the best way forward.

COIN warfare is a specialist discipline and not one for regular soldiers who are ill prepared and without the required set-up. Many years have been wasted when more SOF battalions could have been set up to prosecute the war with proper training.

Anyway Happy New Year to you and don't be too hard on the troops grin  and yes, some do lack discipline and their unit commanders are to blame for how they behave and dress.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by invincible007(m): 10:38am On Jan 01, 2019
I think the things the Nigerian Military is Lacking are
•LOW MORALED TROOPS in the cases of welfare(imagine a PVT in the Army still receiving 48k, I feel like crying) OP allowance can reach 7 months not being paid, I don't know if NA is cursed with corruption because such cases can NEVER be experienced in the NAVY or AIR FORCE. Also maltreatment from officers who think there are gods always intimidating other ranks wishing them no bright future, how will you perform well when your superior openly declare that other ranks have no future in the Army. Unwarranted Harassments, calling other ranks degrading names and so much more is enough to not only dampen but kill troops morale totally. Its sad that these ills are rampant in only in the Army but very little or no cases of such into NAVY|AIR FORCE.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by invincible007(m): 10:49am On Jan 01, 2019
Another point is
• The type of people recruited into the ARMY is quite a problem. Most of them are not SHARP AND SMART, I mean quick thinkers, fast learners, brilliant minds and dedicated hearts. I think our recruitment process shouldn't be all about who has the money to bribe his way in. So I think our Army lacks soldiers with in born fighting spirit. A complete fighter. grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by invincible007(m): 10:58am On Jan 01, 2019
The main problem that is prolonging this offensive is GREED in the red necks circle. I don't think Our president questions our Service chiefs or maybe he knows naught about what is going on. Only CAS is outstandingly hardworking and dedicated.
If this GREED and TRIBALISM which houses sabotaging is bulldozed out of the military then I think under 3 months, little or nothing will be heard of BHT.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Geronimoe: 11:15am On Jan 01, 2019
Henry240:

Oga sir, I'm not trying to hold brief for the Nigerian army but this things happen. Your video is just an instance of a successful base defence, just as how some Nigerian soldiers too have successfully defended their bases. I could also show you videos where American FOB's were over ran by Taliban and weapons carted away. In war things like these are bound to happen but it doesn't mean that that is the end of the military.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (772) (773) (774) (775) (776) (777) (778) ... (2209) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.