Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,901 members, 7,980,210 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 08:45 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (863) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3170122 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (860) (861) (862) (863) (864) (865) (866) ... (2215) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:11pm On Mar 17, 2019
Geronimoe:
oga it's not about the villagers, that's expected.

[b]Yea... it's expected. I only meant i don't know how to share videos on Nairalan[/b]d
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by allexpensive: 7:30pm On Mar 17, 2019
Geronimoe:

Oga that's your opinion. I've no qualms about that. If you want to keep praising mediocrity(the bane of the Nigerian society) when obviously there are big shortcomings, I also have no qualms about that. "By the way I don’t think I’ve seen anyone here compare chad to Nigeria", are you saying this for the sake of argument or you are serious, because I'm very sure you are not new here. Chad, Cameroun, Niger, countries that you want to thump your chest to them and always say we are the giant of Africa.

Where's the mediocrity? That our troops also operate deep into Cameroon? That the airforce strikes ISWAP targets deep into chadian and Cameroonian territories?

I don't understand your point. You simply know nothing about th ongoing war with this your view sir. The fact that some ground troops welcomed them in shouldn't be a big deal. It's a multinational joint ops and we share a common enemy and goal so I see nothing wrong here.

12 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Geronimoe: 7:39pm On Mar 17, 2019
I'm not saying they should be perfect, even the almighty US military is not perfect. In a situation where you see a soldier shooting into the air from a trench, that's a leadership problem right? Situations where they prefer to drop their body armor to go on combat missions(This saves lives sometimes. Ask Collin Powell in Vietnam when he was advicing the south Vietnamese), that's a leadership problem right? When soldiers drink and get drunk when preparing for an offensive, that's leadership problem right? When a foreign military comes through your border looking like liberators, you don't think that's a problem? In Sierra Leone when plenty Nigerian soldiers had died, the British army came in and claimed it as their victory, every Nigerian shouted from high heavens that it wasn't so. How about the Chadian soldiers acting as an anvil at their own end while we act as the hammer. Please don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to belitlle the sacrifices made by this individual men dead or alive, I'm grateful for their sacrifices, but as a whole? Haba!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by fabselad(m): 9:01pm On Mar 17, 2019
allexpensive:

Where's the mediocrity? That our troops also operate deep into Cameroon? That the airforce strikes ISWAP targets deep into chadian and Cameroonian territories?

I don't understand your point. You simply know nothing about th ongoing war with this your view sir. The fact that some ground troops welcomed them in shouldn't be a big deal. It's a multinational joint ops and we share a common enemy and goal so I see nothing wrong here.

i beg point of correction.nigerian troops don't operate depn in cameroon territory

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:15pm On Mar 17, 2019
Geronimoe:

Oga that's your opinion. I've no qualms about that. If you want to keep praising mediocrity(the bane of the Nigerian society) when obviously there are big shortcomings, I also have no qualms about that. "By the way I don’t think I’ve seen anyone here compare chad to Nigeria", are you saying this for the sake of argument or you are serious, because I'm very sure you are not new here. Chad, Cameroun, Niger, countries that you want to thump your chest to them and always say we are the giant of Africa.

I can’t remember the last time I saw an argument like that here, I’m not praising mediocrity I’m encouraging our troops it’s the least we can do.
read my statement properly, Nigerian soldiers are not cowards , a soldier can only do what he has been trained and equipped to do, I already said it before the problem we have is leadership, 5 years ago NAF aircraft serviceability was 25-30% and aircrafts were dropping out of the sky like flies, was it because we had inexperienced pilots or incompetent technicians ? The leadership was rotten and so was the body, today NAF is a beaming light and an example to follow, what changed ? Isn’t the force still staffed by Nigerians ?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Litmus: 9:18pm On Mar 17, 2019
Hmmm, so Chad, Niger and Cameroonian forces can strike in Nigerian territory and in return Nigeria striks deep into Cameroonian, Chadian and Niger territory. This begs the question, are the coalition nations fighting the same terrorists? Or this suggest the coalition forces are perhaps at crossed purposes.

In the first instance, why couldn't Cameroonian, Chadian or Niger forces go after whatever terrorists Nigeria sees fit to strike into their territories for and Nigeria attack the terrorist Cameroon, Chad or Niger sees fit to strike into Nigeria for?

In the second instance, crossed purpose suggests the coalition forces are actually doing tit-for-tat or Nigeria is mearly allowing Cameroonian, Chadian and Niger forces to flex ego by being in Nigeria territory just so it can legitimise Nigeria’s very real efforts at battling the terrorists across borders.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by CaptainStephen(m): 9:22pm On Mar 17, 2019
fabselad:

i beg point of correction.nigerian troops don't operate depn in cameroon territory
I operated in Cameroon and vice versa.
Your country now understands the consequences of refusing to cooperate, imagine the success we all could have attained if there was this level of cooperation circa 2012 before now.

11 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 9:24pm On Mar 17, 2019
Litmus:
Hmmm, so Chad, Niger and Cameroonian forces can strike in Nigerian territory and in return we strike deep into Cameroonian, Chadian and Niger territory. This begs the question, are the coalition nations fighting the same terrorists? Or this suggest the coalition forces are perhaps at crossed purposes.

In the first instance, why couldn't Cameroonian, Chadian or Niger forces go after whatever terrorists Nigeria sees fit to strike into their territories for and Nigeria attack the terrorist Cameroon, Chad or Niger sees fit to strike into Nigeria for?

In the second instance, crossed purpose sugestes that following from the question above, we actually doing tit-for-tat or Nigeria is mearly allowing Cameroonian, Chadian and Niger forces to flex ego by being in Nigeria territory just so it can legitimise our very real efforts at battling the terrorists.
Truly, have you ever heard of Nigerian soldiers crossing into Cameronian territory in pursuit of terrorists?

The only time I hear of Nigerian soldiers entering Cameronian, Chadian or Nigerien territory is when they are escaping from terrorists.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:25pm On Mar 17, 2019
CaptainStephen:
I operated in Cameroon and vice versa.
Your country now understands the consequences of refusing to cooperate, imagine the success we all could have attained if there was this level of cooperation circa 2012 before now.
Don’t mind the stubborn goats grin
I guess when you run a dictatorship some simple things need a lot of convincing
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by CaptainStephen(m): 9:30pm On Mar 17, 2019
It is my personal view that the MJTF should be expanded and have more countries involved in combating terrorism across the sahara including Mali, Algeria, Libya, Burkina faso and even Egypt.

The main habitation point of these vermins are in the large and ungoverned Sahara.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by CaptainStephen(m): 9:32pm On Mar 17, 2019
jakeporeshenko:

Really bad
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by fabselad(m): 9:36pm On Mar 17, 2019
jakeporeshenko:

There is no reason to add insults and sacrasism when we are having a simple and instructive debat sir. I have never heard of nigerian soldiers operating in cameroon thats what i meant to say. don't also hide behind your mistakes and defeat by pointing out the no right to pursuit policy. i think nigeria didn't alloz cameroonian soldiers to pursuit BH in their territory.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:43pm On Mar 17, 2019
fabselad:

There is no reason to add insults and sacrasism when we are having a simple and instructive debat sir. I have never heard of nigerian soldiers operating in cameroon thats what i meant to say. don't also hide behind your mistakes and defeat by pointing out the no right to pursuit policy. i think nigeria didn't alloz cameroonian soldiers to pursuit BH in their territory.
The goat thing was obviously a joke mate no harm intended. No vex
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Geronimoe: 9:53pm On Mar 17, 2019
jakeporeshenko:

Oga sir, why do you find it necessary to insult people on this faceless forum. If it gives you joy, enjoy to the maximum. Some people here pretend to have absolute knowledge about the Nigerian military and it's operations everywhere. You said the problem is leadership, are they not part of the Nigerian military? Are they from boys brigade or boys scout? When the military was being overrun in their FOB's we blamed the army leadership, no equipment bla bla bla,now they are succeeding in their operations with the same equipment we praise the boys in the field. Remember Damasak when the Chadian army first liberated it, they made jest of the Nigerian army that they are afraid to come take over from them. Isn't that insulting to "the giant of Africa and the [/b][/i]best military in sub saharan Africa [i][b] cool. Anyway lipsrsealed
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jakeporeshenkoo: 10:22pm On Mar 17, 2019
Geronimoe:

Oga sir, why do you find it necessary to insult people on this faceless forum. If it gives you joy, enjoy to the maximum. Some people here pretend to have absolute knowledge about the Nigerian military and it's operations everywhere. You said the problem is leadership, are they not part of the Nigerian military? Are they from boys brigade or boys scout? When the military was being overrun in their FOB's we blamed the army leadership, no equipment bla bla bla,now they are succeeding in their operations with the same equipment we praise the boys in the field. Remember Damasak when the Chadian army first liberated it, they made jest of the Nigerian army that they are afraid to come take over from them. Isn't that insulting to "the giant of Africa and the [/b][/i]best military in sub saharan Africa [i][b] cool. Anyway lipsrsealed
That reply wasn’t for you mate and it was clearly a joke, everyone says “Stubborn goat” in Nigeria so calm down.

The only reason I mentioned you is because you said you feel ashamed of our army because you saw a video of Chadian army trucks ridding into Nigeria, now an army officer has explained to you that this is the whole point of the MNJTf and we also operate in our neighbors territory, what’s the point of your argument still ?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 10:26pm On Mar 17, 2019
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 10:35pm On Mar 17, 2019
fabselad:

Defeat? You mean set-backs. Like Cameroon, Chad and Niger didn't have set-backs. Mali just lost 16 soldiers when their base was overrun. It happens, not a reason for you to want to take the high ground.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:58pm On Mar 17, 2019
The youngest Cobra with great talent, Age with grace wink

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by fabselad(m): 11:11pm On Mar 17, 2019
rka2:

Defeat? You mean set-backs. Like Cameroon, Chad and Niger didn't have set-backs. Mali just lost 16 soldiers when their base was overrun. It happens, not a reason for you to want to take the high ground.

if i may ask qoute me one exaple were a cameroonian military base was overan.Am not saying that we dont have set back or losses but sincerely you wont deny the huge set backs the NA suffered in the name of ISWAP and BH.Am not saying the NA is incompetent but lets b sinceregone are those days when NA was a force other states feared and could rely on in times of crises.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:16pm On Mar 17, 2019
The #Gambian navy receives a training brief from @USCG members before conducting a simulated #drugsmuggling & #humantrafficking scenario during exercise #Obangame Express 2019 in #Banjul, #Gambia ��

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 11:19pm On Mar 17, 2019
fabselad:

if i may ask qoute me one exaple were a cameroonian military base was overan.Am not saying that we dont have set back or losses but sincerely you wont deny the huge set backs the NA suffered in the name of ISWAP and BH.Am not saying the NA is incompetent but lets b sinceregone are those days when NA was a force other states feared and could rely on in times of crises.

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2014/12/29/cameroon-conducts-air-strikes-to-reclaim-military-base-overrun-by-boko-haram

This is just one.

Nigeria was and is the epicenter of BH & ISWAP who were hellbent on setting up a caliphate in NE Nigeria.

Now let's be honest. Do you think the far North of Cameroon would still be Cameroonian territory if it was the target of the jihadists without France coming to the rescue?

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:23pm On Mar 17, 2019
Xbee007:

Truly, have you ever heard of Nigerian soldiers crossing into Cameronian territory in pursuit of terrorists?

The only time I hear of Nigerian soldiers entering Cameronian, Chadian or Nigerien territory is when they are escaping from terrorists.

That you heard of ? Does not mean Nigerian soldiers/military do not pursue or fight on other neighbouring territory.

The major territory/area of operation of BHT which is around lake Chad axis is located on Nigerian soil, that means will see more of joint operation on Nigeria territory.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by fabselad(m): 11:24pm On Mar 17, 2019
rka2:

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2014/12/29/cameroon-conducts-air-strikes-to-reclaim-military-base-overrun-by-boko-haram

This is just one.

Nigeria was and is the epicenter of BH & ISWAP who were hellbent on setting up a caliphate in NE Nigeria.

Now let's be honest. Do you think the far North of Cameroon would still be Cameroonian territory if it was the target of the jihadists without France coming to the rescue?

Can you give me an instance france ran into cameroonian help during this fright against BH or ISWAP. I knew you would bring up this example but thats 2015 if am not wrong bring something recent.We are a small country and we face multiple threats, the crises in the anglphone region, the Central african rebels trying to cause havoc in th eastern region of the country and not to forget the BH issue but yet the Cameroonian Armed forces and up to the task not saying NA isn't. Everyone knew Cameroon would be the weak link in this coalition but it has proven to be wrong.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 11:38pm On Mar 17, 2019
fabselad:

Can you give me an instance france ran into cameroonian help during this fright against BH or ISWAP. I knew you would bring up this example but thats 2015 if am not wrong bring something recent.We are a small country and we face multiple threats, the crises in the anglphone region, the Central african rebels trying to cause havoc in th eastern region of the country and not to forget the BH issue but yet the Cameroonian Armed forces and up to the task not saying NA isn't. Everyone knew Cameroon would be the weak link in this coalition but it has proven to be wrong.

You said quote me one and I did.

Nigerian Armed Forces are operating in most states of the Federation on multiple fronts. Cameroon is and never was the end game for BH. NE Nigeria is. A lot has been learnt and is still being learnt. One is a properly set up FOB and another is training sufficient soldiers in Spec Ops and COIN to handle asymmetric warfare.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 12:57am On Mar 18, 2019
Nigeria has operated or conducted joint operations in:
Chad
Niger.
Cameroon.
Nigerian Soldiers have operated in
Cameroon
Niger
Chad.
Joint operations are specifically run by at least all three Countries.
The US had a debacle in Niger because they didn't have fixed or rotary assets to recur some of their most elite soldiers.
They called on the French due to response time they were late / struggled to identify friend from foe in real time.
The North East leads to three different borders.
The MJNTF treaty allows for cooperation and joint use of Force/ Right of Pursuit.
As we Speak BH is taking a pounding on MULTIPLE fronts.
Nigerians cooperating with Chad is a problem.
BH is in both Chad and Nigeria
Nigeria cooperating with Niger is a problem.
BH operates in Diffa , Niger.
BH overran Bases in Cameroon seized weapons and used the weapons to attack a FOB in Nigeria
The Nigerian Soldiers eliminated BH and recovered the weapons
Last week.
When the Chadians need Help Nigeria provides it according to Senior Nigerian officers, but here on this blog, it is to focus on all and every shortcomings of the NA.
Una go be alright last last.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:33am On Mar 18, 2019
@EgyArmySpox photos of 9 tunnels connecting #Gaza Strip and North #Sinai that were discovered and destroyed .

1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:36am On Mar 18, 2019
Large weapons cache, including an M40 recoilless rifle, rifles, mortar shells, RPGs and ammo discovered by ANP in Adrar Province, along the #Mali/#Mauritania border.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:42am On Mar 18, 2019
Gunmen attack Mali army base, kill at least 16 soldiers

BAMAKO (Reuters) - Gunmen attacked and briefly seized a Malian army base overnight, killing at least 16 soldiers and destroying five vehicles in central Mali's Mopti region, officials said on Sunday. Read more: https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN1QY0ER?__twitter_impression=true
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:47am On Mar 18, 2019
ISWAP in Niger claims to have targeted #Diffa Airport with three Grad rockets yesterday.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:48am On Mar 18, 2019
#Niger: ISWAP militants detonated a VBIED yesterday, killing a captain and an unknown number of soldiers in Toumour, #Diffa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (860) (861) (862) (863) (864) (865) (866) ... (2215) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.