Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,398 members, 7,901,089 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 11:03 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (906) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3110502 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (903) (904) (905) (906) (907) (908) (909) ... (2206) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 2:31pm On May 16, 2019
Sizzorkay:
I do apologize to everyone for even responding to this loon, for real, sorry for the derailment, hard to believe what i was reading undecided. My bad.
We understand.
It's easier to go down that rabbit hole with sick puppies like him.
He contributes nothing meaningful to the thread except to start childish tantrums. You will do well to ignore him.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by blacKDalia: 3:12pm On May 16, 2019
One thing that most people who resort to insults here don't understand is, most of us are here for the fun of it, ranting here to the point of insulting your fellow citizen(having the same kind of frustration about the army) that the army leadership is incapable or embezzling army finances will not make any difference, rather my advise is write an article on a national daily or better still be a one man protest in Abuja. If you don't know the distance of your place to Abuja use Google calculator.
P. S. Sorry guys if this has been laid to rest. I'm just logging on.
Sizzorkay:
But we can solve this once and for all, let's just rob Algeria, I mean, we already have an inside man, here on nairaland grin grin
People gotta learn to have debates without raising their blood pressure lol, it ain't that complicated. I come here to have fun with my brethren, not get into drama, i don't do crazy.
Ferrari is faster than Lamborghini...... "No it's not, you idiot".
See, that's not how to have a conversation. It's mad childish.
If you think one country is more powerful than another, lay down your case, others will lay down theirs and you compare and contrast lol, why pop a vein over that? Not like na my papa be the President. Sheet
Now moving on.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kikuyu1(m): 4:50pm On May 16, 2019
Strictly a Public Service Announcement:nation vs nation in conventional battle is a regular field of study in ALL MILITARY ACADEMIES!? It doesn't mean the US will invade Mexico or Canada will lead an imminent amphib assault across the Great Lakes simultaneously seizing Wisconsin,Michigan and up state New York. Its simply a theoretical exercise misunderstood by legions of hormonal fan girls in here!

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iblawi(m): 4:57pm On May 16, 2019
SupremeCourt:

Prove them wrong, they have proved you wrong with Google Distance Calculator, so leave your mouth, use your brain to prove your geography here bro. grin

Behaving as if you proved your claims.

Fools always think everyone is foolish. keep typing rubbish.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iblawi(m): 5:03pm On May 16, 2019
supremecourt, please allow sensible people to comment.

Your false claims are killing this thread. some other fools like you because you type long stories based on your imagination. I which they knew you've being downloading virus into their head.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by fabselad(m): 5:59pm On May 16, 2019
SupremeCourt:

Thanks, I see your valid point, but we Nigerians know our country. Let me inform you, we pay our military extra-budgetary funds specially for weapons procurement and also we give them free equipment by transfer. Navy gets many gunboats from NIMASA and cash from NNPC, foreign oil companies too pay them. Navy gets big ships frigate size as gift from USA and China gave large boat. Navy got 300 new gunboats free NNPC donation in 2006-2008 to fight Niger Delta militants.

Air force got many free helicopters from NIMASA and NNPC.

Army gets cash and gifts of food and other civilian materials supply from states, local govts. Army also gets cash from CBN extra. Army also gets donation of weapons from USA, UK, Italy, Germany, Spain, Holland, etc.

NNPC is our government oil company. CBN is our government bank.

They got so many extra hardware, including advanced radars our army got from Germany, heavy mortars from Britain, anti-IED equipment for mine clearing from EU, medical equipment from EU, MRAPs from USA. Germany also gave army like 3 Gazelle helicopters armed. So many donations of hardware and material supplies they get free.

On top of that we gave them extra $2 billion for new weapons alone in 2014. Then 2015 Buhari released emergency fund $500 million to military for urgent equipment purchase. We gave air force special deposit over $300 million for super tucano.

Now they want another $1 billion for weapons and senate complained that the $2 billion extra cash of 2014 the military has not yet explained how it was spent before asking for another billion dollars.

An army general went on TV to show one tavor rifle as proof of why they need $1 billion for a $2,000 rifle we already bought in thousands years ago and added like 15,000 Beryl rifles on top that we bought already, so why tavor again? He said plus other things, what other things? Senate got no clear detailed list of what army will buy with this billion dollars, so the money is delayed as we hear, I dont know how far.

The army has no strategic plan for modernization or improvement, they just want the cash in billions and in dollars! Now are we mad to keep paying them like we dont have common sense?

I agree with you archer arty can cost millions but we dont need artillery, we have much already, we need good tanks and army has no plan for tanks, they are busy opening vehicle manufacturing plant to export armoured vehicles all over Africa in 2030, which army is into that big complex business in this world?

The $2 billion of 2014, they bought 43 t-72 second hand near expired with jamming gun that breaks down in combat, those tanks value is under $80 million out of two billion, so what of the remaining $1.92 billion?

They should have bought 100 new t-90 for $400 million and we still have surplus change aplenty, and new tanks gun will not jam like old cargo. They bought no bmp ifv as some people say we need ifv here daily saying.

Now in addition to all the above, government normal annual defence budget cashed out to military for capital expenditure average per year $500 million in addition to all the free materials, weapons, and special cash.

So 2000 to 2019, our normal cash budget for only weapons procurement estimates at $10 billion !!!

Please show me weapons Nigerian military bought for $10 billion in 2000 to 2019 Nigeria spent more than half of the $15 billion Algeria spent on weapons only from 2006 to 2019 so we should have more than half of what they have for weapons. Why is the gap in available weapons so wide a margin between Nigeria and Algeria, that is the BODMAS mathematics that we need our military to explain to us with proof. grin grin grin

KUdos for such detailled analysises.seriously i was amazed when i read it. I imagine what we can do in cameroon wih 1 billion as defence budget.chai grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:47pm On May 16, 2019
#NN

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 8:45pm On May 16, 2019
PRESS RELEASE

OPERATION PUFF ADDER AGAIN!

· Police Operatives arrest 93 Kidnap Suspects

· Recover 1 Rocket Launcher, 35 Ak47 Rifles, 500 Live Ammunition and other dangerous weapons

· IGP says Security Agencies winning the war

The unrelenting and aggressive counter kidnapping strategies of the Police in the fight against kidnapping and other heinous crimes in the country have continued to yield positive results as Police Operatives attached to Operation Puff Adder recorded yet another harvest of criminal elements.

A total of Ninety Three (93) kidnap suspects were arrested from different parts of the North-Central, North-Western and North-Eastern parts of the Country. In addition, operatives of Operation Puff Adder recovered One (1) rocket launcher, Thirty-five (35) AK47 rifles, Ten (10) locally-made AK47 rifles and Five hundred (500) live ammunition. Also recovered from the hoodlums are eight (cool locally-made revolver pistols, ten (10) pairs of military camouflage uniform, two (2) operational vehicles, and other incriminating items.

The operations leading to these arrests and recoveries were carried out by joint team of Police operatives attached to Operation Puff Adder, North-Central sector. The team consists of detectives from the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS), Force Intelligence Unit, Intelligence Response Team (IRT) and the Special Tactical Squad (STS). Other operatives in the Joint Mission include personnel from the Police Mobile Force (PMF) the Counter Terrorism Unit (CTU), Special Protection Unit (SPU) and the Special Forces.

Meanwhile, Police investigators backed by their counterparts in the Forensic and Technical Intelligence Units have commenced comprehensive investigation of all the Ninety-three (93) suspects arrested in these operations. The investigations among other things are aimed at tracking, uncovering and disrupting the sources of arms supply to the criminal groups, as well as identifying their collaborators, and bringing all involved in these heinous crimes to justice.

The massive achievements recorded by the Nigeria Police Force within the last few days are in line with the objectives and core mandates of Operation Puff Adder as an initiative of the Inspector General of Police, Ag. IGP M.A Adamu,NPM,mni aimed at curbing all kinds of violent crimes within our society. The achievements are also indicative of the fact that the security agents are now winning the war against the criminal elements.

The IGP while commending Police Operatives for their sacrifice and resilience, reiterates the commitment of the Nigeria Police to restoring sanity on our highways and inner cities. He further expresses his gratitude to the general Public for providing credible intelligence that has helped the Police in achieving the successes recorded so far. ​

DCP FRANK MBA
FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
FORCE HEADQUARTERS
ABUJA

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:02pm On May 16, 2019
Xbee007:
PRESS RELEASE

· Recover 1 Rocket Launcher, 35 Ak47 Rifles, 500 Live Ammunition and other dangerous weapons

The unrelenting and aggressive counter kidnapping strategies of the Police in the fight against kidnapping and other heinous crimes in the country have continued to yield positive results as Police Operatives attached to Operation Puff Adder recorded yet another harvest of criminal elements.

A total of Ninety Three (93) kidnap suspects were arrested from different parts of the North-Central, North-Western and North-Eastern parts of the Country. In addition, operatives of Operation Puff Adder recovered One (1) rocket launcher, Thirty-five (35) AK47 rifles, Ten (10) locally-made AK47 rifles and Five hundred (500) live ammunition. Also recovered from the hoodlums are eight (cool locally-made revolver pistols, ten (10) pairs of military camouflage uniform, two (2) operational vehicles, and other incriminating items.

The operations leading to these arrests and recoveries were carried out by joint team of Police operatives attached to Operation Puff Adder, North-Central sector. The team consists of detectives from the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS), Force Intelligence Unit, Intelligence Response Team (IRT) and the Special Tactical Squad (STS). Other operatives in the Joint Mission include personnel from the Police Mobile Force (PMF) the Counter Terrorism Unit (CTU), Special Protection Unit (SPU) and the Special Forces.

Meanwhile, Police investigators backed by their counterparts in the Forensic and Technical Intelligence Units have commenced comprehensive investigation of all the Ninety-three (93) suspects arrested in these operations. The investigations among other things are aimed at tracking, uncovering and disrupting the sources of arms supply to the criminal groups, as well as identifying their collaborators, and bringing all involved in these heinous crimes to justice.

The massive achievements recorded by the Nigeria Police Force within the last few days are in line with the objectives and core mandates of Operation Puff Adder as an initiative of the Inspector General of Police, Ag. IGP M.A Adamu,NPM,mni aimed at curbing all kinds of violent crimes within our society. The achievements are also indicative of the fact that the security agents are now winning the war against the criminal elements.

The IGP while commending Police Operatives for their sacrifice and resilience, reiterates the commitment of the Nigeria Police to restoring sanity on our highways and inner cities. He further expresses his gratitude to the general Public for providing credible intelligence that has helped the Police in achieving the successes recorded so far. ​

DCP FRANK MBA
FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
FORCE HEADQUARTERS
ABUJA

Nice one .. wink

93 suspects between the space of 1 - 2 today's?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by pacretus(m): 9:21pm On May 16, 2019
fabselad:

KUdos for such detailled analysises.seriously i was amazed when i read it. I imagine what we can do in cameroon wih 1 billion as defence budget.chai grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Don't be surprised biya spends more than that.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 9:27pm On May 16, 2019
bidexiii:

Nice one .. wink

93 suspects between the space of 1 - 2 today's?
It isn't beyond the realm of possibility. I read a true life story by a survivor of these kidnappers. She said they operate like a community/market deep in the forest. Different groups of kidnappers operating very close to each other. They admire each other's victims like they were some sort of loot.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Ebubemg(m): 10:59pm On May 16, 2019
Guys name of the gun?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:00pm On May 16, 2019
Xbee007:

It isn't beyond the realm of possibility. I read a true life story by a survivor of these kidnappers. She said they operate like a community/market deep in the forest. Different groups of kidnappers operating very close to each other. They admire each other's victims like they were some sort of loot.

"Ow boy dis one weak me..... shocked"

It's now a lucrative business or should we call it trade now shocked

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SupremeCourt: 11:05pm On May 16, 2019
pacretus:
Mr theorist, Stop trying to make yourself "known " by repeating what we already know. Go out there make yourself useful and save us the stress of reading your irrelevant posts.
Irrelevant because
* they proffer no solutions
* They are known facts
*You have no military pictures to post
*Nigeria is too smart to fight with any country. Not even Benin republic( this you know very well).

So debating and writing long posts on Nigeria vs Algeria, makes you look very S tupid.

Please stop it(My sincere Advice).

I dont need your useless advice that tells another Nigerian not to speak his mind on social media because 10 people dont want to hear his topic, NOTHING will happen to me if I ignore you. You are just another Nairalander, period. Here, on this Nairaland, all of us are EQUAL, nobody will rule over others.

Who told your ignorant self Nigeria will not fight anybody not even Benin? Nigeria fought Chad 1980s with President Buhari as Armoured corps General rolling scorpion tanks and NAF mig-21 destroying Chadians up to 50 km near Ndjamena capital city, the video by NAF has been posted here many times. Cameroon we fought and killed over Bakassi Shagari and Abacha time.

Most of you here are ignorant, and anybody that betters you in knowledge is called useless contributor, stupiid, irrelevant, repeating himself, he must get out of the forum to make you not be overshadowed in broad day light. Does your family own Nairaland? No !

You have English reading problem. I never said Nigeria will go and fight Algeria, I said what if Algeria invades us weapons they stockpile? I proved it because Nigerian history records of Biafra war dozens of Algerian air force jet bombers were flown to support my own side of Nigeria and used to demolish other side of Nigerians in the Eastern region.

I have told you all, driving me away is a MISSION IMPOSSIBLE, all of us are equal Nigerians who will all enjoy freedom of speech in our democracy, same freedom people died for on streets of Lagos to stop military censorship, we are NOT going to allow suppression of any Nigerian's rights, I will be here as long as I want, I will write anything I want as a reasonable person.

You think this forum is worldwide hot cake? You are not more than 15 people recycling yourselves, other threads on Nairaland have 1,000 different people commenting, so dont think your thread is gold and bigger than any Nigerian law that gives Nigerians freedom.

Go and sit down, I will be here to comment anytime I like it, you can do me NOTHING !

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SupremeCourt: 11:09pm On May 16, 2019
Xbee007:

We understand.
He contributes nothing meaningful to the thread except to start childish tantrums. You will do well to ignore him.

For you I have put you where you will belong, get angry all you want. This is a discussion thread, and you will not stop anybody from discussion, your booboo story of PHOTO only, I have sent it to the refuse dump grin

Yes, my meaningless contributions, that 12 people will read and start replying on 3 pages for 3 days, I guess most of your major contributors dont get that much response. Like it or hate it, people will massively respond to a thought provoking comment 10 times more than a recycled photo of men carrying ak-47 that we have seen tried for 5 long years!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:20pm On May 16, 2019
Xbee007:
PRESS RELEASE

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:26pm On May 16, 2019
More....

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SupremeCourt: 12:13am On May 17, 2019
iblawi:
supremecourt, please allow sensible people to comment.

Your false claims are killing this thread. some other fools like you because you type long stories based on your imagination. I which they knew you've being downloading virus into their head.

So, all those who click like on my comment you now call fools? You and your gang are so desperate to insult everybody in one blow?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SupremeCourt: 12:26am On May 17, 2019
iblawi:

Behaving as if you proved your claims.

Fools always think everyone is foolish. keep typing rubbish.

You are very very very wrong! grin grin grin grin You calculated distance on blue curved line, it's a curved road, I calculated on red straight line, a straight way. The rule of map reading is : SHORTEST DISTANCE is always on a straight line.

My photo 1: Shortest points of major towns between Nigeria and Algeria is from Assamakka up north to Birnin Konni down south. That red arrow route is already 618 km much shorter than the blue line road 986km or almost 1,000 km that you and the Algerian soldier are using in big error!

My photo 2 : Map reading rule 1 is, shortest distance between two points is along a straight line joining them. I chose the shortest distance between Algeria and Nigeria by shifting even shorter than Assamaka, I moved to border line close to empty no man's land, that is 550 km.

I have smartly picked the shortest route that an invading army will use to save time and fuel, but all the 15 of you chose the wrong way of city to city, with traffic slow down, police checking points delays, you all followed longer commercial bus route and I have beaten you all to arrive Nigeria from Algeria in 4 hours on 550 km straight line shortest distance on border line of Niger Republic.

I proved my claim 100% correct. With this, I now know why you all want me to leave this forum for you, anybody smarter must be kicked out. Sorry to disappoint you, I am going to stay here as long as I want, I told you since 2017, this is 2019, I will only go away when I decide not to put one minute of my time here anymore.

Now, say thank you sir, for the free geography lesson on map reading and shortest distance travel grin grin grin Kikikikiki

12 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by fabselad(m): 12:35am On May 17, 2019
pacretus:
Don't be surprised biya spends more than that.

LOL even in the land of the spirits never.the budget spent of the military is not more than 500 million dollars a year. The BIR gets 150 million Dollars from SNH a government pertoleum company.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SupremeCourt: 1:55am On May 17, 2019
kikuyu1:
Strictly a Public Service Announcement:nation vs nation in conventional battle is a regular field of study in ALL MILITARY ACADEMIES!? It doesn't mean the US will invade Mexico or Canada will lead an imminent amphib assault across the Great Lakes simultaneously seizing Wisconsin,Michigan and up state New York. Its simply a theoretical exercise misunderstood by legions of hormonal fan girls in here!

Don't mind them, according to clownish Baba Suwe brained Basket Mouth regular posters and major contributors who believe their family owns Nairaland, mentioning likelihood of Nigeria at war with Algeria or any country, is a sin, crime, derailment, stupiid imagination, impossible event, waste of time, irrelevant and useless contribution to a war discussion forum gringrin

They prefer to keep repeating ak-47, hilux dshk, alpha jet, f-7 jet, for 20 years non-stop, because that is far better than a mentally stimulating, educative, predictive, and national awareness creating discuss on possibility of Algeria or another nation invading Nigeria, as if Chad has not invaded us before, or Cameroon did not fight us on Bakassi.

They believe Nigeria has, and will only ever fight the types of Boko Haram. You know bro, if I say 8 out of 10 black people are stupiid in thinking, I will be right, but unfortunately I am a black man too, so I don't want to say it.

This is how their forefathers thought only Nigerian tribes like Oyo empire and Fulani caliphate will be fighting themselves, until British navy-army came from 5,000 km with superior weapons to defeat all 300+ Nigerian tribes armies, captured-rápéd their mother and sisters, destroyed all their kingdoms, colonize them for centuries, beheaded their Kings, enslaved all their forefathers-mothers and shipped 1 million Nigerians away in slave trade.

Yes, these ones are even less intelligent than their forefathers, because despite the benefit of history recorded and taught to us in schools, they still believe it is stupiid to imagine Nigeria being invaded by another country.

I don't blame Michael Jackson for bleaching off his skin to point of death, he was tired of being a black man, when he sees black men's endless foolishness upon foolishness, abeg make I no talk 2 much gringrin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:28am On May 17, 2019
SupremeCourt:

Yor are very very very very wrong! grin grin grin grin You calculated distance on a curved road, I calculated on a straight line. The rule of map reading is : SHORTEST DISTANCE is on a straight line.

My photo 1: The shortest points of major towns between Nigeria and Algeria is from Assamakka up north to Birnin Konni down south. Tjat route is already 618 km much shorter than the almost 1,000 km that you and the Algerian soldier are using in big error!

My photo 2 : Map reading rule 1 is, shortest distance between two points is along a straight line joining them. I chose the shortest distance between Algeria and Nigeria by shifting even shorter than Assamaka, I moved to border line close to no man's land, that is 550 km.

I have smartly picked the shortest route that an invading army will use to save time and fuel, but all the 15 of you chose the wrong way of city to city, with traffic slow down, checking points, you all followed commercial bus route and I have beaten you all to arrive Algeria to Nigeria in 4 hours on 550 km straight line shortest distance on border line of Niger Republic.

I proved my claim 100% correct. With this, I now know why you all want me to leave this forum for you, anybody smarter must be kicked out. Sorry to disappoint you, I am going to stay here as long as I want, I told you since 2017, this is 2019, I will only go away when I decide not to put one minute of my time here anymore.

Now, say thank you sir, for the free geography lesson on map reading and shortest distance travel grin grin grin Kikikiki

Are you serious ? straight line ? Its not a game .

do you think armored , mecanized divisions will start from border line , to border line in straight line . its not athletism sprint . natural obstacle , the field ?? deploy with good existing roads even curved will be always faster than straight line in natural field. desert is not all flat with no obstacle . try your self a little car or bus , now imagine to deploy an armored division

+ in case of a big invasion attack, there will be major bases of deployment in tamenrasset 400 km inside algeria or at best 200 km to protect them from surprise air strikes or attacks from nigeria and even from french Us reco units drones sabotage ect ... You need a security distance to detect threats on your bases and have the time to react, exemple where put radars, air defense systems to cover your bases ?) . you dont put your major deployment bases on borders directly in an open desert.
and i dont know where is the first big base of nigerian army in the north but i'm sur algerian army will have to cross some hundreds km inside to destroy first major bases but it will be more than 1000 km for algerian strategy deployment

+ do you think this divisions with mutiple units . tanks . ifv , mlrs , escort , mobile air defense , artillery , troops ect.... will do 1000 km or even 500 km in a blitz attack with maximum speed until maximum range operation or until they have no fuel no.stop ?? . check operational range of units . There will be at least two stops and intermediate deployment bases to secure a supply line , . you dont send your units behind niger territory with ,niger, french, US present armies + terrorists so easily . you need to secure the path .

+ big wars and invasion are not launched in a day . hee good morning lets invade nigeria tomorow . its years of politics problems and threats , even in case of an imaginary stupide surprise attack you will find even reports of french Nato moroccan intelligences in medias about our big armoured , mecanized divisions moving from the north their current known sites to the south . but in reality in case of problem with nigeria you will have a special big divisions deploy in the south years before , like we have for moroccan threat and libyan mess , for exemple NATO attack iraq only after 13 years of embargo and more years threatning them. so nigeria if is threatening by another country it will have some years to arm according to the new threat .

+ in a war with countries with no common border, no land ownership conflicts , no scenario of a large migrant population to genocide ... its impossible to start with a large-scale invasion directly, so the worst case will be limited air strikes after many months of diplomatic tension. And even just for imaginary scenario algerian invasion there is a lot of mistakes on how you imagine a war .

And finaly . maybe i dont have the right to say this , but yes nigerian army as an army of a big country in africa is weak now ! All nigerians here know it , no one is blind , i see it, i read it on this military thread . i know its frustrating even for me to see only few training alpha jets and few mig 21 copy or waiting the holy poor 3 pakist JF17 or begging US for few expensive tucanos. for a big country like nigeria they need to spend billions and billions for big contracts for new equipments and train for some years with to master them . but this subject is obvious , you push at open doors .

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 5:24am On May 17, 2019
grin grin You got time my friend. Move on to more better things, arm chair generals know best
Algerian1:

do you think armored , mecanized divisions will start from border line , to border line in straight line . its not athletism sprint . natural obstacle , the field ?? deploy with good existing roads even curved will be always faster than straight line in natural field. desert is not all flat with no obstacle . try your self a little car or bus , now imagine to deploy an armored division

+ in case of a big invasion attack, there will be major bases of deployment in tamenrasset 400 km inside algeria or at best 200 km to protect them from surprise air strikes or attacks from nigeria and even from french Us reco units drones sabotage ect ... You need a security distance to detect threats on your bases and have the time to react, exemple where put radars, air defense systems to cover your bases ?) . you dont put your major deployment bases on borders directly in an open desert.
and i dont know where is the first big base of nigerian army in the north but i'm sur algerian army will have to cross some hundreds km inside to destroy first major bases but it will be more than 1000 km for algerian strategy deployment

+ do you think this divisions with mutiple units . tanks . ifv , mlrs , escort , mobile air defense , artillery , troops ect.... will do 1000 km or even 500 km in a blitz attack with maximum speed until maximum range operation or until they have no fuel no.stop ?? . check operational range of units . There will be at least two stops and intermediate deployment bases to secure a supply line , . you dont send your units behind niger territory with ,niger, french, US present armies + terrorists so easily . you need to secure the path .

+ big wars and invasion are not launched in a day . hee good morning lets invade nigeria tomorow . its years of politics problems and threats , even in case of an imaginary stupide surprise attack you will find even reports of french Nato moroccan intelligences in medias about our big armoured , mecanized divisions moving from the north their current known sites to the south . but in reality in case of problem with nigeria you will have a special big divisions deploy in the south years before , like we have for moroccan threat and libyan mess , for exemple NATO attack iraq only after 13 years of embargo and more years threatning them. so nigeria if is threatening by another country it will have some years to arm according to the new threat .

+ in a war with countries with no common border, no land ownership conflicts , no scenario of a large migrant population to genocide ... its impossible to start with a large-scale invasion directly, so the worst case will be limited air strikes after many months of diplomatic tension. And even just for imaginary scenario algerian invasion there is a lot of mistakes on how you imagine a war .

And finaly . maybe i dont have the right to say this , but yes nigerian army as an army of a big country in africa is weak now ! All nigerians here know it , no one is blind , i see it, i read it on this military thread . i know its frustrating even for me to see only few training alpha jets and few mig 21 copy or waiting the holy poor 3 pakist JF17 or begging US for few expensive tucanos. for a big country like nigeria they need to spend billions and billions for big contracts for new equipments and train for some years with to master them . but this subject is obvious , you push at open doors .

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 5:55am On May 17, 2019
Algerian1:

Our tactical genius commander will come and rain insults on you, how do terrorists move equipment from libya? Don't you hv Google maps, can't you use Google distance calculator?

Hope say you done wear bullet proof sha.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Fynline(m): 7:32am On May 17, 2019

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kikuyu1(m): 7:33am On May 17, 2019
SupremeCourt:

Don't mind them, according to clownish Baba Suwe brained Basket Mouth regular posters and major contributors who believe their family owns Nairaland, mentioning likelihood of Nigeria at war with Algeria or any country, is a sin, crime, derailment, stupiid imagination, impossible event, waste of time, irrelevant and useless contribution to a war discussion forum gringrin

They prefer to keep repeating ak-47, hilux dshk, alpha jet, f-7 jet, for 20 years non-stop, because that is far better than a mentally stimulating, educative, predictive, and national awareness creating discuss on possibility of Algeria or another nation invading Nigeria, as if Chad has not invaded us before, or Cameroon did not fight us on Bakassi.

They believe Nigeria has, and will only ever fight the types of Boko Haram. You know bro, if I say 8 out of 10 black people are stupiid in thinking, I will be right, but unfortunately I am a black man too, so I don't want to say it.

This is how their forefathers thought only Nigerian tribes like Oyo empire and Fulani caliphate will be fighting themselves, until British navy-army came from 5,000 km with superior weapons to defeat all 300+ Nigerian tribes armies, captured-rápéd their mother and sisters, destroyed all their kingdoms, colonize them for centuries, beheaded their Kings, enslaved all their forefathers-mothers and shipped 1 million Nigerians away in slave trade.

Yes, these ones are even less intelligent than their forefathers, because despite the benefit of history recorded and taught to us in schools, they still believe it is stupiid to imagine Nigeria being invaded by another country.

I don't blame Michael Jackson for bleaching off his skin to point of death, he was tired of being a black man, when he sees black men's endless foolishness upon foolishness, abeg make I no talk 2 much gringrin

It does get tedious repeating the same ishyt for 5 years and it gets worse when there's a mass infection of 'high self esteem,' that makes certain posters screech hysterically about their Superman forces-quickly you notice the loudest are the most ignorant. The problem is without moderation the thread can reach these abominable levels-https://www.nairaland.com/415620/strongest-military-africa.

Don't step in there without a gas mask!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Fynline(m): 7:40am On May 17, 2019

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SupremeCourt: 8:04am On May 17, 2019
Xbee007:

We understand.

Its arrogant pride to insinuate that only your own comments are good, then call another persons comments irrelevant, just because he told you to obey Nigerian law. My Algeria invasion comment you call irrelevant, I didn't ask anybody to reply but a dozen people cannot resist for days replying me with thousands of words, longest comments anywhere on Nairaland, you beg them for days to stop, but they refuse.

If you are wise, you will ask me to sell you my crowd pulling juju. See long epistle Algerian man commented again today replying what you say is irrelevant grin

Algerian1:

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SupremeCourt: 8:13am On May 17, 2019
Algerian1:

You prove nothing with long story, argument is - I say Algeria is not 1,000 km away as you ignorant guys said, it is what I said; 550km or 4 hours away by army tiger vehicles and 8 hours by t-90 tank, so I proved it correct with google distance calculator.

Desert wars America fought with Iraqi, they were moving only on commercial bus roads? No, Iraqi 1 million man army was dug in open desert, America invaded with 4x4 and track abrams tanks to meet and fight Iraq in open desert. Armies for this purpose have 4WD vehicles and track tanks to travel unpaved roads for war.

Niger Republic terrain map shows my route is all flat open land, see photo below. You are the dreamers creating imaginary obstacles on open semi-desert land to slow down invading army that will first find and study shortest distance route terrain topography map like I did. Also see your own photo of Morocco army in a more difficult full desert driving with speed, are they on bus travel road? No.

Algerian army knows a surprise attack is best with my idea of open route by no man's land, your own idea of driving 4 times longer route of commercial buses through many towns will expose them to people and element of surprise or secrecy is lost. Algeria would have studied that short route with drone mapping and send spies to drive one toyota 4x4 vehicle with civilian color to scout it. You know I am correct, you all just want to save your ego after losing grin

I have no interest in how many vehicles they use first time, all I said is Algerian army is only 4 hours away from Nigeria, and I proved it 100% correctly. I hope you all learnt your lessons again, I am not a perfect human being, but before I comment, I spend time and megabytes Googling with common sense, something most of you here find hard to do, but its a foolish idea to argue with someone who is very detailed and careful, you will end up looking like a fool. Thank you brother for your much time spent gringrin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by blacKDalia: 8:17am On May 17, 2019
Oh lawd. Going back into my foxhole.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:41am On May 17, 2019
Fynline:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slaxwmee1XA

Uji kudos

Shot video clip but quite intresting grin
Nice one @brenda Uji.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:55am On May 17, 2019
NAF SUSTAINS TRAINING OF PERSONNEL ON INTERNATIONAL HUMANITARIAN LAW, HUMAN RIGHTS LAW

In its continued effort to ensure that its personnel are in tune with the basic rules of International Humanitarian Law (IHL)/Law of Armed Conflict (LOAC) and International Human Rights Law (IHRL), the Nigerian Air Force (NAF), in conjunction with the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), yesterday, 16 May 2019, organized a lecture for both personnel and trainees at the Military Training Centre (MTC), Kaduna. The objective was to ensure that NAF personnel continually abide by extant laws guiding military operations, both in internal security duties and armed conflicts, in order to forestall collateral damage and safeguard the civilian populace.

The lecture, which was part of the MTC training curriculum, addressed the legal framework of IHL and IHRL, basic rules of IHL and IHRL as well as graduation of the use of force and firearms in conflicts. The Resource Person, Major Livinus Jatto (rtd) of the ICRC, stated that the essence of the lecture was to position members of the armed forces to abide by those specialized rules designed to reduce the effects of armed conflict, particularly on civilians. In addition, the knowledge gained from the lecture would enable personnel to limit the level and arbitrariness of violence whilst choosing means and methods of attack that would minimize collateral damage.

In his remarks, the Commandant MTC, Air Commodore Jubrin Usman, urged the participants to always comply with these rules in the conduct of operations, reminding them that the NAF has zero tolerance for human rights abuses. He noted that the Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, has, over the past 4 years, placed tremendous emphasis on educating NAF personnel on IHL/LOAC and IHRL with a view to enhancing discipline and professionalism in the conduct of operations. About 500 participants, drawn from officers on the Young Officers’ Course, flight cadets of 66 Regular Course, officer cadets of the Direct Short Service Course as well as students of sundry courses and staff of MTC, attended the lecture.

IBIKUNLE DARAMOLA
Air Commodore
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (903) (904) (905) (906) (907) (908) (909) ... (2206) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 175
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.