Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,995 members, 7,880,110 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 12:32 PM

Emenike In ‘shock’ After Fenerbahce Bus Shooting - Vanguard - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Emenike In ‘shock’ After Fenerbahce Bus Shooting - Vanguard (23718 Views)

[video] JJ Okocha: Best Freekicks Ever @ PSG Bolton Nigeria Fenerbahce Frankfurt / Okocha Meets Emenike After Fenerbahce Beat Gala / Emenike Rocks New WestHam Jersey (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emenike In ‘shock’ After Fenerbahce Bus Shooting - Vanguard by coded01: 1:42am On Apr 06, 2015
Super Eagles striker Emmanuel Emenike says he and his Fenerbahce teammates were left in shock after their team bus was shot at by a gunman on Saturday night in Turkey.

The Turkish league leaders were travelling to Trabzon airport to fly back to Istanbul, following their 5-1 victory over Rizespor, when the shooting happened. Emmanuel Emenike The driver was taken to hospital, but no players were injured in the attack which Emenike described as a ‘scary moment’.

“The incident left several players in shock on a day we should be celebrating a big away win,” Emenike told BBC Sport. “I was on the phone with my brother when I heard the loud sound and I thought one of our tyres had busted because the bus was swerving on the road.

“But when I found our security officer in front of the bus I knew something must have gone awfully wrong.” The 27 year old Emenike says it was not long before they realised someone had been hurt. “We quickly realised the security guy was the one who hit the break, and he said the driver [who was already soaked in blood] had been shot.

“The word ‘shot’ came as a big shock but when we saw blood and the shattered driver’s side window, it quickly turned into a scary moment for everyone on the bus.” Fenerbahce have since called for the Turkish Super Lig to be suspended following the attack. Emenike and his team-mates have been left stunned by what happened.

“It’s unbelievable that some people actually fired shots at our bus and the driver was badly hit, a bus conveying footballers and officials. “It’s strange, but it’s also an indication that things happen in life and no one can be guaranteed complete safety. “I just want to wish our brave driver a speedy recovery.

I will forever be grateful to him and our security man because that bus could have plunged down the bridge. “The outcome could have been terrible and tragic but we are all here today because of them and of course God was on our side. For Emenike, the shooting was particularly shocking as it brought back bad memories. “I’ve been involved in a terrible accident in Nigeria before, where my mother suffered severe bruises, and for a moment I had a terrible flashback when that bus was swerving all over the road. “I hope this incident will be investigated thoroughly and the perpetrators are made to face the justice system. Emenike, who has endured a turbulent period in Turkish football since he re-joined Fenerbahce in 2013, demanded to be substituted after he was booed by his own fans during their 1-0 home win over rivals Besiktas two weeks ago.

The Nigeria international has only scored four goals in 23 league appearances this season but insists this latest incident will not force him to quit the Istanbul-based club. “I have a contract here and I love the club,” he added. “It’s only an isolated incident and not enough to make me look for an easy way out.

“I have put the past behind me and I am only focussing on what lies ahead. I am stronger now than before and right now I just want to wish our bus driver a speedy recovery.” Fenerbahce, who have former Premier League players Dirk Kuyt, Raul Meireles and Emre Belozoglu in their side, are the defending champions and have won the major domestic competition 19 times. The Istanbul-based team went top of the table with their victory on Saturday, one point ahead of bitter rivals Galatasaray.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/emenike-in-shock-after-fenerbahce-bus-shooting/#sthash.9XUQMuDE.dpuf
Re: Emenike In ‘shock’ After Fenerbahce Bus Shooting - Vanguard by Inkman(m): 2:02am On Apr 06, 2015
it was a really close call
Thanking God for you all

1 Like

Re: Emenike In ‘shock’ After Fenerbahce Bus Shooting - Vanguard by jerryboiii(m): 3:45am On Apr 06, 2015
hmmmm..dis guy sha

1 Like

Re: Emenike In ‘shock’ After Fenerbahce Bus Shooting - Vanguard by stano2(m): 7:15am On Apr 06, 2015
chai! These people and ther citizens madness
Re: Emenike In ‘shock’ After Fenerbahce Bus Shooting - Vanguard by coded01: 3:54pm On Apr 06, 2015
We give GOD the GLORY for their Safety!!! cheesy

I pray the Driver recovers speedily... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Emenike In ‘shock’ After Fenerbahce Bus Shooting - Vanguard by Ojestas(m): 4:24pm On Apr 06, 2015
Thank God for your life, Emenike; The man who scores once in a blue moon!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emenike In ‘shock’ After Fenerbahce Bus Shooting - Vanguard by kulobyno: 4:24pm On Apr 06, 2015
ok
Re: Emenike In ‘shock’ After Fenerbahce Bus Shooting - Vanguard by RoyalBlak007: 4:24pm On Apr 06, 2015
angry
Re: Emenike In ‘shock’ After Fenerbahce Bus Shooting - Vanguard by prince901: 4:25pm On Apr 06, 2015
OK.... Hope they are awake
Re: Emenike In ‘shock’ After Fenerbahce Bus Shooting - Vanguard by zangiff(m): 4:25pm On Apr 06, 2015
Thank God he survive this............... cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Emenike In ‘shock’ After Fenerbahce Bus Shooting - Vanguard by Nobody: 4:26pm On Apr 06, 2015
Turkey religion.......

99%=___

1%christian

we all know the people that shot at them all in the name of 72 virgins

just imagine this beautiful world without them =peace

Rip Kenyans 147

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emenike In ‘shock’ After Fenerbahce Bus Shooting - Vanguard by killjoy(m): 4:26pm On Apr 06, 2015
plz who is emenike??

1 Like

Re: Emenike In ‘shock’ After Fenerbahce Bus Shooting - Vanguard by AsanwaKC(f): 4:26pm On Apr 06, 2015
Eyaaaa..sorry
Re: Emenike In ‘shock’ After Fenerbahce Bus Shooting - Vanguard by zangiff(m): 4:26pm On Apr 06, 2015
Don't worry, a committee will look into that from .....Pres. Goodluck
Re: Emenike In ‘shock’ After Fenerbahce Bus Shooting - Vanguard by Nobody: 4:26pm On Apr 06, 2015
Which country is that club again?

Are the Turks so football crazy. Now?
Re: Emenike In ‘shock’ After Fenerbahce Bus Shooting - Vanguard by Nobody: 4:27pm On Apr 06, 2015
sorry but since your people voted the killer party PDP what do you expect Joe Igbokwe,Rochas and Ngige are the only igbo men i respect
Re: Emenike In ‘shock’ After Fenerbahce Bus Shooting - Vanguard by richidinho(m): 4:27pm On Apr 06, 2015
Terrorism everywhere

As long as there is Islam in ur country

3 Likes

Re: Emenike In ‘shock’ After Fenerbahce Bus Shooting - Vanguard by Bonapart(m): 4:27pm On Apr 06, 2015
May the dude start to dey score.... 5 goals and his name is not on the score sheet
Re: Emenike In ‘shock’ After Fenerbahce Bus Shooting - Vanguard by kendrick9(m): 4:27pm On Apr 06, 2015
chipmunkey:
turkey
Re: Emenike In ‘shock’ After Fenerbahce Bus Shooting - Vanguard by joedejana(m): 4:28pm On Apr 06, 2015
Shock shock shock everywhere
Re: Emenike In ‘shock’ After Fenerbahce Bus Shooting - Vanguard by Sandydayz(f): 4:28pm On Apr 06, 2015
Nice... I sight u all. Hmmm what people will say to be in front page cheesy
Re: Emenike In ‘shock’ After Fenerbahce Bus Shooting - Vanguard by richidinho(m): 4:28pm On Apr 06, 2015
chipmunkey:

Islamic Republic of Turkey
Re: Emenike In ‘shock’ After Fenerbahce Bus Shooting - Vanguard by kponkedenge(m): 4:28pm On Apr 06, 2015
Am not suprised. Islam and violence walk hand in hand. Yet de decieve demselves saying they are a religion of piss. We all no dat they are all piss and sh1t. Bloody bastads Bleep*ing slaves of dat rapes*t called muhamed piss and sh1t be upon his pervert d1ck.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emenike In ‘shock’ After Fenerbahce Bus Shooting - Vanguard by AsherStorm(m): 4:29pm On Apr 06, 2015
his life has been at risk lately.... he'd better come to eyimba of aba jeje

plots and acres of land are available at eleweran area of
obantoko, abeokuta... these lands are situated in a very
developed area but the lands are Still quite cheap for now
but it won't be d same case in a month time when the price
will have risen by about 200%...
all documents will be duly presented and signed by families
involved and vendors at the point of payment...
a plot - #300,000
an acre- #1,500,000
half acre- #800,000
Prices are slightly negotiable
Contact me:
Phone: 07083650650 call or text
BBM: 533027F4
Re: Emenike In ‘shock’ After Fenerbahce Bus Shooting - Vanguard by Nobody: 4:29pm On Apr 06, 2015
kendrick9:
turkey
For a split second, I thought it was Ukraine. grin

My bad, I'm not so much of a football fan tho' I like playing.
Re: Emenike In ‘shock’ After Fenerbahce Bus Shooting - Vanguard by Emmysteve(m): 4:30pm On Apr 06, 2015
Ok
Re: Emenike In ‘shock’ After Fenerbahce Bus Shooting - Vanguard by Nickymezor(f): 4:30pm On Apr 06, 2015
Ekene dili chukwu, hmmm I cud hv be worse... speedy recovery to d injured one
Re: Emenike In ‘shock’ After Fenerbahce Bus Shooting - Vanguard by themodernman: 4:31pm On Apr 06, 2015
Igbo man & money

Not even death can separate
Re: Emenike In ‘shock’ After Fenerbahce Bus Shooting - Vanguard by Nobody: 4:31pm On Apr 06, 2015
richidinho:

Islamic Republic of Turkey
So was it a religious attack or pure fanaticism?
Re: Emenike In ‘shock’ After Fenerbahce Bus Shooting - Vanguard by TI1919(m): 4:32pm On Apr 06, 2015
cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Usain "Lightning" Bolt Wins 100m Final / Messi Named Best International Men's Player At ESPY Awards. / Messi Proves He’s World’s Greatest Footballer With Eighth Ballon D’or Win- GWR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.