Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,072 members, 7,928,245 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 11:26 AM

All Of A Sudden - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / All Of A Sudden (823 Views)

Buhari's Chief Of Staff Hurriedly Flown To London After A Sudden Thing Happen / Nigerians Deserve Truth About Buhari’s Sudden Vacation – Fayose / Why Do I Start Pity For Jonathan All Of A Sudden? Is This Only Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

All Of A Sudden by Nobody: 6:50am On Apr 06, 2015
I opened up a thread on how my compund was gradually being depopulated by southerners last week and i was dissapointed in the responses i got. Anyways that is not why i bother you this morning. All of a sudden, one by one my neighbours are beginning to trickle back from their temporary 'relocation' only to join me and chant 'sai Buhari'. Even one guy from anambra who was always saying very hateful things about Buhari has all of a sudden jumped on the bandwagon of 'change'. If there are any of you southerners based up north on nairaland who fled during the elections, come in here and please explain to the house why this sudden shift in political orientation
Re: All Of A Sudden by Nobody: 6:51am On Apr 06, 2015
^ Dumbness Exemplified and Explained!
Re: All Of A Sudden by Nobody: 7:13am On Apr 06, 2015
There was going to b violence if he didn't win. They were taking precautions
Re: All Of A Sudden by PapiWata: 7:16am On Apr 06, 2015
kropotkin2:
I opened up a thread on how my compund was gradually being depopulated by southerners last week and i was dissapointed in the responses i got. Anyways that is not why i bother you this morning. All of a sudden, one by one my neighbours are beginning to trickle back from their temporary 'relocation' only to join me and chant 'sai Buhari'. Even one guy from anambra who was always saying very hateful things about Buhari has all of a sudden jumped on the bandwagon of 'change'. If there are any of you southerners based up north on nairaland who fled during the elections, come in here and please explain to the house why this sudden shift in political orientation

They are simply scared of being murdered by fanatics, and have taken sensible steps to ensure that they are not targeted.

Sorry if that offends you.
Re: All Of A Sudden by Nobody: 7:27am On Apr 06, 2015
PapiWata:

They are simply scared of being murdered by fanatics, and have taken sensible steps to ensure that they are not targeted.

Sorry if that offends you.
Not offended in the least, but i still think they took an unecessary risk. Alot of people died on the road this election period, those who chose to stay put didnt get murdered by so called fanatics
Re: All Of A Sudden by Nobody: 7:28am On Apr 06, 2015
WhimsicalB:
^ Dumbness Exemplified and Explained!
how so?
Re: All Of A Sudden by Nobody: 7:28am On Apr 06, 2015
Tandullceblog:
There was going to b violence if he didn't win. They were taking precautions
did you run away too?
Re: All Of A Sudden by Nobody: 7:41am On Apr 06, 2015
kropotkin2:
did you run away too?

Nope
Re: All Of A Sudden by PapiWata: 7:44am On Apr 06, 2015
kropotkin2:
Not offended in the least, but i still think they took an unecessary risk. Alot of people died on the road this election period, those who chose to stay put didnt get murdered by so called fanatics

Panic does have the sort of result you describe, and IF Jonathan had disputed the election results of even a day, hundreds of southerners in the north would have been slaughtered by fanatics, so were I a southerner living in the north during this last election, I would have risked my life on the road, heading away from ground zero of fanaticism, possibly never to return.
Re: All Of A Sudden by Nobody: 7:50am On Apr 06, 2015
PapiWata:

Panic does have the sort of result you describe, and IF Jonathan had disputed the election results of even a day, hundreds of southerners in the north would have been slaughtered by fanatics, so were I a southerner living in the north during this last election, I would have risked my life on the road, heading away from ground zero of fanaticism, possibly never to return.
do you live up north? i think youre wrong. There was this popular disposition that irregardless of the election results, we were not gonna turn our homeland into a warzone. Besides, the army were on standby to deal with any troublemakers
Re: All Of A Sudden by Nobody: 8:03am On Apr 06, 2015
Tandullceblog:

Nope
so you stayed? kudos

(1) (Reply)

The Joy And Headache Of Hosting President Of The United States / Amaechi's Wife Now House Girl To Dame Jonathan / Buhari: Alternate Power Generation For Homes And Industries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.