Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,957 members, 7,873,060 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:27 AM

Oba Of Lagos: ‘vote Ambode Or Die In The Lagoon,’ Monarch Tells Igbos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Of Lagos: ‘vote Ambode Or Die In The Lagoon,’ Monarch Tells Igbos (887 Views)

Vote: Who Is More Beautiful Aisha Buhari, Bolanle Ambode, Or Eberechi N-wike / Stop Fighting Obiano, Monarch Tells Ex-gov Peter Obi / I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Oba Of Lagos: ‘vote Ambode Or Die In The Lagoon,’ Monarch Tells Igbos by okwuvic(m): 8:49am On Apr 06, 2015
The Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu has reportedly told Igbos in the state to either vote for All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship candidate, Akinwunmi Ambode or prepare to perish in the Lagoon.

The monarch is said to have made the statement on Sunday, April 5, during a meeting with Igbo leaders and monarchs in his palace.

“On Saturday, if any one of you goes against Ambode who I picked, that is your end. If it doesn’t happen within seven days, just know that I am a bastard and it’s not my father who gave birth to me,” the Oba reportedly said.

“By the grace of God, I am the owner of Lagos for the time being. This is an undivided chair. The palace belongs to the dead and those coming in the future. On Saturdayick , if anyone of you, I swear in the name of God, goes against my wish that Ambode will be the next governor of Lagos state, the person is going to die inside this water,” he added.

“For the Igbos and others in Lagos, they should go where the Oba of Lagos heads to. When they were coming to the state, they didn’t come with all their houses. But now they have properties in the state. So they must do my bidding. And that is the bidding of the ancestors of Lagos and God.I am not ready to beg you. Nobody knew how I picked Ambode. I am not begging anybody, but what you people cannot do in Onitsha, Aba or anywhere you cannot do it here. If you do what I want, Lagos will continue to be prosperous for you, if you go against my wish, you will perish in the water,” the monarch said.

See full story here: http://www.victornwankpa.com/2015/04/oba-of-lagos-vote-ambode-or-die-in.html

Re: Oba Of Lagos: ‘vote Ambode Or Die In The Lagoon,’ Monarch Tells Igbos by ritalori2(f): 9:18am On Apr 06, 2015
There is no way the Oba would say this trash! I smell mischief from d opposition! Lagosians be wise!
Re: Oba Of Lagos: ‘vote Ambode Or Die In The Lagoon,’ Monarch Tells Igbos by okwuvic(m): 11:45pm On Apr 06, 2015
If you feel it is not true, then watch the video here: http://www.victornwankpa.com/2015/04/the-video-of-oba-of-lagos-threatening.html

(1) (Reply)

Has The APC Shot Itself In The Foot Before The April 11th 2015 Elections? / Why Are All The Killings, Burning, Snatching Happening In The South / How Warri South Constituency II Election Was Rigged With 40 Million Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.