Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,779 members, 7,969,301 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 03:01 AM

Choose Your Hero Between This Two Men - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Choose Your Hero Between This Two Men (1036 Views)

Ali Madaki Orders The Arrest Of Two Men For Criticizing Him On Facebook / Aftermath Of Elections!!! Two Men Divorce Wives For Voting For Apc / Photos: Boko Haram Video Shows Two Men Accused Of Spying Being Beheaded (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Choose Your Hero Between This Two Men by Nobody: 7:05pm On Apr 06, 2015
One was a military administrator. He became the first military administrator to hand over to a civilian and allowed for a free and fair election.

He later came back as a Democratic leader and was alleged to have tried diplomatically to amend the constitution and maybe extend his tenure. But when the people kicked against it, he rested the issue.

He did what no other leader before him has done before...he gave the minorities a shot at the presidency through the office of the VP... and later supported a minor to be the president.

He is highly recognized by UN and is always part of UN delegation on credible election in Africa.

He left office with over 60 billion dollars in the national cofers.

Now the other leader conceded defeat in an election that was considered by the international community to be free and fair. This feat has be adjudged as 'heroic '.

If you are asked to choose, as a neutral, which of these men would you adopt as your hero?
Re: Choose Your Hero Between This Two Men by Nobody: 7:11pm On Apr 06, 2015
choose my people.
Re: Choose Your Hero Between This Two Men by Nobody: 7:22pm On Apr 06, 2015
angry
Re: Choose Your Hero Between This Two Men by Nobody: 7:30pm On Apr 06, 2015
which of these men deserve their pics on our naira note?
Re: Choose Your Hero Between This Two Men by Nobody: 7:37pm On Apr 06, 2015
imagine asking a kid.

junior who is your hero.

Junior: GXX

What did your hero do?

Junior: He conceded defeat.

okay...
Re: Choose Your Hero Between This Two Men by Pebcak: 7:39pm On Apr 06, 2015
shocked
Re: Choose Your Hero Between This Two Men by Nobody: 7:43pm On Apr 06, 2015
shachris:
imagine asking a kid.

junior who is your hero.

Junior: GXX

What did your hero do?

Junior: He conceded defeat.

okay...

not just dat! He allowed for two free and fair elections. One favoured him, the other drowned him. Before his coming, most Nigerians had d impression dat a free and fair election was impossible.
shachris:
which of these men deserve their pics on our naira note?
this is a different question entirely!

Despite his short-comings, OBJ has an edge over GEJ here largely because of the events of 1979, 1999 and 2007. I think he deserves the title "Father of Nigerian Democracy." that can earn him a place on the naira.

1 Like

Re: Choose Your Hero Between This Two Men by Nobody: 7:45pm On Apr 06, 2015
@op, next time try writing on a better topic...
Re: Choose Your Hero Between This Two Men by Nobody: 7:49pm On Apr 06, 2015
Abajosax007:
@op, next time try writing on a better topic...

what is more better than the massive brain washing that is going on right now?
Re: Choose Your Hero Between This Two Men by Nobody: 8:00pm On Apr 06, 2015
Granted, both of dem are heroes of our democracy.

But truth be told, Jonathan is my hero. We are lucky to have him at this critical point in our history. The man is a democrat to the bone. Just imagine what would have happened if he had the "do or die" character of OBJ. Imagine what would have happened if he hadn't made dat call. I was in d north den and I can tell u the electrifying political tension I saw was pregnant with many horrors, all of which were averted with just a call - as BBC would put it, "the call that saved Nigeria"

Gej is a Hero!
Re: Choose Your Hero Between This Two Men by Nobody: 8:09pm On Apr 06, 2015
Ansell:
Granted, both of dem are heroes of our democracy.

But truth be told, Jonathan is my hero. We are lucky to have him at this critical point in our history. The man is a democrat to the bone. Just imagine what would have happened if he had the "do or die" character of OBJ. Imagine what would have happened if he hadn't made dat call. I was in d north den and I can tell u the electrifying political tension I saw was pregnant with many horrors, all of which were averted with just a call - as BBC would put it, "the call that saved Nigeria"

Gej is a Hero!

obj was never a do or die man or he would have enforce the 3rd term agenda anyway.
Re: Choose Your Hero Between This Two Men by Nobody: 8:16pm On Apr 06, 2015
shachris:

obj was never a do or die man or he would have enforce the 3rd term agenda anyway.
let's just say his do or die character has a limit. The 3rd term agenda was way off limit. Nigeria is too big for that kind of political rough play.
Re: Choose Your Hero Between This Two Men by Nobody: 8:19pm On Apr 06, 2015
Ansell:

let's just say his do or die character has a limit. The 3rd term agenda was way off limit. Nigeria is too big for that kind of political rough play.

just like Nigeria is too much for anything Jonathan would have contemplated after the adjudged free and fair election.
Re: Choose Your Hero Between This Two Men by bodejohn(m): 8:21pm On Apr 06, 2015
Just thinking...if GEJ had not made the now so famous call...

Would the "carnage"that only exist in minds of these sycophants be comparable to the mass slaughter of Nigerians that the outgoing administration supervised?

I am more worried that the nation emerged from the elections more divided than she had ever been...the ethnic tension in Lagos can be seen by even the blind...

(1) (Reply)

Oba Of Lagos Saga: Question For My Yoruba Friends / Igbo Market Leaders In Lagos Assures Ambode Their Support. / Buhari Blasts Okonjo-iweala, Says Ministers Will Declare Assets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.