Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,196 members, 7,970,706 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 02:08 PM

A 'Yes' Face - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A 'Yes' Face (476 Views)

Yes The Bible Does Say To Kill The Infidels / 6most Important Questions A Christian Lady Must Ask Before Saying 'YES' To Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A 'Yes' Face by SonofIssachar: 11:55pm On Apr 06, 2015
Charles Swindoll

During Thomas Jefferson's presidency, he and a group of travellers were crossing a river that had overflowed its banks. Each man crossed on horseback fighting for his life.

A lone traveller watched the group traverse the treacherous river and then asked President Jefferson to take him across. The president agreed without hesitation, the man climbed on, and the two made it safely to the other side of the river where somebody asked him: "Why did you select the President to ask this favour?"

The man was shocked, admitting he had no idea it was the President of the United States who had carried him safely across. "All I know," he said, "is that on some of your faces was written the answer 'No' and on some of them was the answer 'Yes.' His was a 'Yes' face."

"The most significant decision I make each day is my choice of an attitude. When my attitudes are right there's no barrier too high, no valley too deep, no dream too extreme and no challenge too great." - Charles Swindoll

Meditation: For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. – Matthew 7:8

You will succeed in Jesus Name!

Daily Dew is published by Sons of Issachar Projects. To subscribe by email or read previous editions, visit www.daily-dew.com

To download the Daily Dew mobile app on your Android and iPhone devices, please click on http://daily-dew.com/android-iphone, for Blackberry app, click on http://daily-dew.com/blackberry.

Be a blessing; share this with your loved ones.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Benefits Of Listening To Elders / What More Can I Say? / Women Are More Passionate And More Joyful Than Men In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.