Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,432 members, 7,901,218 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 05:50 AM

IMPEACHMENT NOTICE: I WAS NOT TOLD TO RESIGN – FAYOSE - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IMPEACHMENT NOTICE: I WAS NOT TOLD TO RESIGN – FAYOSE (801 Views)

Quit Notice: I Have Been In Bosso For 45 Years, Where Do I Go? – Yoruba Leader / Solve Economic Problems Or Resign, Fayose Tells Buhari / Ondo Deputy Governor Served Impeachment Notice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IMPEACHMENT NOTICE: I WAS NOT TOLD TO RESIGN – FAYOSE by msmon(m): 7:02am On Apr 07, 2015
Ekiti State governor Ayodele Fayose yesterday explained that there was no advice from the presidency asking him to resign from his position as the chief executive of the state.

The governor, who was reacting to rumour doing the rounds that he had been directed by President Goodluck Jonathan to vacate the seat, urged his supporters not to be rattled by the impeachment fever, saying he would defeat the All Progressives Congress (APC) this time round.

Fayose, who stated this while featuring on a monthly programme tagged: ‘Mr Governor Explains’ on state-based media, said the impeachment threat against him did not rattle him in anyway, and that the plot against him was a threat against the people of the state who put him in the present
position.

He said what the APC wanted was to take over the state and plunge it into crisis the way they did after he left in 2006.

The governor, who went philosophical and quoted copiously from the Holy Bible, said the plan to impeach him would fail the way it happened during his first term.

“What actually infuriated the APC is that during the June 21 election, I gave them 16-0. Again, during the presidential election, I gave them 16-0 again.
They know that I will give them 26-0 in next Saturday’s election.

“Major-General Muhammadu Buhari emerged due to grace of God. If President Goodluck Jonathan had won, would he have gone to impeach Governor Rauf Aregbesola in Osun State or Senator Ibikunle Amosun in Ogun State?”

The governor, however, insisted that Buhari’s emergence as president can only be a threat to his seat in the absence of the rule of law.

“Even the former speaker, Hon Adewale Omirin, is not the speaker, so he cannot carry out any impeachment against me”, Fayose said.

He urged the people of the state to come out en masse during the April elections and vote for the PDP to stem the tide of violence in the state.

“My government is a people’s government and no power of darkness can remove me from office because we are doing what is right. Must I be in the APC for me to be governor? They were in the opposition before they took over and we will continue to exist together,” Fayose said.

http://leadership.ng/news/423548/impeachment-notice-i-was-not-told-to-resign-fayose
Re: IMPEACHMENT NOTICE: I WAS NOT TOLD TO RESIGN – FAYOSE by DaPhilosopher(m): 7:03am On Apr 07, 2015
Ok!
Re: IMPEACHMENT NOTICE: I WAS NOT TOLD TO RESIGN – FAYOSE by ELTON123(m): 7:05am On Apr 07, 2015
We go vote u
Re: IMPEACHMENT NOTICE: I WAS NOT TOLD TO RESIGN – FAYOSE by BlackTechnology: 7:05am On Apr 07, 2015
If Buhari don't jail Tinubu, it means the so called most educated ethnic group has being duped.

When is Buhari probing Tinubu and OBJ grin
Re: IMPEACHMENT NOTICE: I WAS NOT TOLD TO RESIGN – FAYOSE by omenka(m): 7:05am On Apr 07, 2015
I don't think people actually believed that story. It was just a poorly crafted propaganda. smiley
Re: IMPEACHMENT NOTICE: I WAS NOT TOLD TO RESIGN – FAYOSE by Splashme: 7:06am On Apr 07, 2015
[size=15pt]Fayose should not have bothered to reply.

That lie emanated from one of APC sponsored bloggers. Most people knew it was a lie
[/size]
Re: IMPEACHMENT NOTICE: I WAS NOT TOLD TO RESIGN – FAYOSE by WisdomFlakes: 7:06am On Apr 07, 2015
Kai! Federal might is gone for Fayose and now he's running scared coz his recent past is now haunting him. Payback's a biatch.
Re: IMPEACHMENT NOTICE: I WAS NOT TOLD TO RESIGN – FAYOSE by temitemi1(m): 7:08am On Apr 07, 2015
FAYOSE my ROLE MODEL!!
Re: IMPEACHMENT NOTICE: I WAS NOT TOLD TO RESIGN – FAYOSE by temitemi1(m): 7:09am On Apr 07, 2015
Still waiting for that oooo
BlackTechnology:
If Buhari don't jail Tinubu, it means the so called most educated ethnic group has being duped.

When is Buhari probing Tinubu and OBJ grin
Re: IMPEACHMENT NOTICE: I WAS NOT TOLD TO RESIGN – FAYOSE by Wendyslim(f): 7:14am On Apr 07, 2015
Story story.
Re: IMPEACHMENT NOTICE: I WAS NOT TOLD TO RESIGN – FAYOSE by mrvitalis(m): 7:17am On Apr 07, 2015
i smell fear
Re: IMPEACHMENT NOTICE: I WAS NOT TOLD TO RESIGN – FAYOSE by orobs93(m): 7:18am On Apr 07, 2015
Na you know
Re: IMPEACHMENT NOTICE: I WAS NOT TOLD TO RESIGN – FAYOSE by orubebe1(m): 7:20am On Apr 07, 2015
Fayose is jst like balotelli... Getting popular in 1/good way.... Bagayero, konoyero
Re: IMPEACHMENT NOTICE: I WAS NOT TOLD TO RESIGN – FAYOSE by msmon(m): 7:27am On Apr 07, 2015
He maybe an astute reader of Robert Greene's 48 Laws of Power book. He want to get attention at all cost irrespective of negativity.

orubebe1:
Fayose is jst like balotelli... Getting popular in 1/good way.... Bagayero, konoyero
Re: IMPEACHMENT NOTICE: I WAS NOT TOLD TO RESIGN – FAYOSE by msmon(m): 9:19am On Apr 07, 2015
Splashme:
[size=15pt]Fayose should not have bothered to reply.

That lie emanated from one of APC sponsored bloggers. Most people knew it was a lie
[/size]

(1) (Reply)

Russia Ruble Is Up To 20% Against US Dollar. / Things We Need To Do To Reform Nigerian Politics / Buhari To Be The Worst President Revealed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.