Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,740 members, 7,915,053 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 03:34 PM

Igbos Should Install Obi Of Lagos,Abuja And Kano - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Should Install Obi Of Lagos,Abuja And Kano (1402 Views)

Obiano Visits The Obi Of Onitsha In A Grand Style - Check Photos / Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators / Bring Your Investments Home – Obi Of Onitsha Charges Ndigbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos Should Install Obi Of Lagos,Abuja And Kano by Nobody: 7:55am On Apr 07, 2015
In Nigeria,these cities are were we have the highest concentration of Igbos outside Igboland.having such concentration of Igbos there,it means that another igbo subgroup have been created outside igboland.these is how Igbo communities were created in Akwa Ibom,Cross Rivers,Bonny,Benue,Edo etc.
Such should be done abroad,instead of losing our brothers abroad,lets create Igbo communities outside Igboland even in New york city.
It is better than losing our people.
Re: Igbos Should Install Obi Of Lagos,Abuja And Kano by kettykin: 8:01am On Apr 07, 2015
Why kano, was kano the capital of Nigeria
Re: Igbos Should Install Obi Of Lagos,Abuja And Kano by clintino700(m): 8:04am On Apr 07, 2015
I agree on this because d Igbo seems to make gr8 impact wherever they reside outside their state of origin...

1 Like

Re: Igbos Should Install Obi Of Lagos,Abuja And Kano by Doncolio(m): 8:07am On Apr 07, 2015
finniblinks:
In Nigeria,these cities are were we have the highest concentration of Igbos outside Igboland.having such concentration of Igbos there,it means that another igbo subgroup have been created outside igboland.these is how Igbo communities were created in Akwa Ibom,Cross Rivers,Bonny,Benue,Edo etc.
Such should be done abroad,instead of losing our brothers abroad,lets create Igbo communities outside Igboland even in New york city.

Include Malaysia and China

1 Like

Re: Igbos Should Install Obi Of Lagos,Abuja And Kano by tollu: 8:09am On Apr 07, 2015
Stop tribalism!!! You did not choose your father's sperm or mother's egg. It shouldn't matter what ethnic group you belong to.
Both reactions and catalyst, this madness has GOT to stop. Please Nigerians, stop playing into the hands of selfish interests.
THINK!!!!!!

cococandy:
[size=18pt]you guys should keep on fueling the fires of hate and anarchy. When the it starts burning, it will consume all iof you and there will be nothing left for your children that is if any of you survive to procreate.
It looks like a joke now.
Yoruba against Igbo
Igbo against Yoruba.
Small small all of you are using the social media to fan the flames of war. Look at other African counties where religion and tribe is causing so much unrest and see that you're following their pattern.
God help you guys. When it starts, all the politicians and the rich people will flee abroad with their families and you would be left to live the horror of it with your innocent children torn apart limb by limb and your wives raped and murdered in your presence.

Keep on being xtupid. Thank you very much.
[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Install Obi Of Lagos,Abuja And Kano by omololu2020(m): 8:12am On Apr 07, 2015
finniblinks:
don't forget to also create an obi in akwa,enugu,nsukka,umuahia...u should b worried about ur land instead of worryin about oda pples land

1 Like

Re: Igbos Should Install Obi Of Lagos,Abuja And Kano by waternogetemeny: 8:13am On Apr 07, 2015
[size=14pt]OP EXACTLY, WHO DATCH THAT MONKEY OBA OF LAGOS.

LAGOS IS A NOO MANS LAN[/size]D.
Re: Igbos Should Install Obi Of Lagos,Abuja And Kano by Nobody: 8:15am On Apr 07, 2015
Doncolio:

Include Malaysia and China
yes
Re: Igbos Should Install Obi Of Lagos,Abuja And Kano by GlorifiedTunde(m): 8:16am On Apr 07, 2015
Oba Akiolu spoke out of line for a king. A noble mind should address issues with wisdom. However, one can sense his desperation in these sensitive times, and no king of any kingdom (even the Igbo kings) wouldn't have done likewise or even worse.

Yorubas have an adage that says awolumate o mowon ara re meaning a stranger who doesn't enter into trouble in a strange land, knows and respects his bounds. This is why you'll never hear of yorubas defiance in another land.

The igbos regarding Lagos as no man's land is a terrible insult on the royalty of Lagos. This is what yorubas will never do in Anambra or Abia

I am of the opinion that the Igbo should thread very carefully, no matter what you say, Lagos is the Yoruba's - and if things get too heated up we will know who owns the land. Yoruba have been tagged the most cowardly in Nigeria, this isn't true when war finally starts. You can ask the hausas in sagamu what happened in 1999.

Even jimi agbaje needs to watch it dearly not to be exile.

All I'm saying to the mature Igbo minds is that these monarchs are much more than you think. They appease the gods of their lands with so much for tranquility, they can also invoke certain disastrous events. Don't start crying when your markets starts going up flames or your people start getting missing

YOU CAN NEVER WIN THE WAR WITH ANOTHER MAN ON HIS OWN LAND

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Install Obi Of Lagos,Abuja And Kano by Nokiae5: 8:20am On Apr 07, 2015
wati make de oba dey tallk wati e like na because we dey im land dey hustle.abeg oba look industries for nigeria and lagos especially igbo dey wella.dat igbo woman when pick 12M,if na yoruba shey e for return am?make u mind urself oo.we still dey respect u.
Re: Igbos Should Install Obi Of Lagos,Abuja And Kano by Nobody: 8:22am On Apr 07, 2015
GlorifiedTunde:
Oba Akiolu spoke out of line for a king. A noble mind should address issues with wisdom. However, one can sense his desperation in these sensitive times, and no king of any kingdom (even the Igbo kings) wouldn't have done likewise or even worse.

Yorubas have an adage that says awolumate o mowon ara re meaning a stranger who doesn't enter into trouble in a strange land, knows and respects his bounds. This is why you'll never hear of yorubas defiance in another land.

The igbos regarding Lagos as no man's land is a terrible insult on the royalty of Lagos. This is what yorubas will never do in Anambra or Abia

I am of the opinion that the Igbo should thread very carefully, no matter what you say, Lagos is the Yoruba's - and if things get too heated up we will know who owns the land. Yoruba have been tagged the most cowardly in Nigeria, this isn't true when war finally starts. You can ask the hausas in sagamu what happened in 1999.

Even jimi agbaje needs to watch it dearly not to be exile.

All I'm saying to the mature Igbo minds is that these monarchs are much more than you think. They appease the gods of their lands with so much for tranquility, they can also invoke certain disastrous events. Don't start crying when your markets starts going up flames or your people start getting missing

YOU CAN NEVER WIN THE WAR WITH ANOTHER MAN ON HIS OWN LAND
almost every land was someone's land before.Igbos have migrated and have formed a community there,so they can install Obi or Igwe there that can be appeasing their gods there.
Re: Igbos Should Install Obi Of Lagos,Abuja And Kano by Rilwayne001: 8:37am On Apr 07, 2015
finniblinks:
[s] n Nigeria,these cities are were we have the highest concentration of Igbos outside Igboland.having such concentration of Igbos there,it means that another igbo subgroup have been created outside igboland.these is how Igbo communities were created in Akwa Ibom,Cross Rivers,Bonny,Benue,Edo etc.
It is better than losing our people. [/s]

Not in southwest.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Install Obi Of Lagos,Abuja And Kano by Nobody: 8:53am On Apr 07, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Not in southwest.
u cannot stop change.change is here to stay.
Go and tell Fulanis to go back to Guinea etc
Re: Igbos Should Install Obi Of Lagos,Abuja And Kano by Rilwayne001: 8:59am On Apr 07, 2015
finniblinks:

[s] u cannot stop change.change is here to stay.
Go and tell Fulanis to go back to Guinea etc [/s]

What's my business with fulanis.

All I know is that those igbos supporting agbaje will cry the way they did last week

1 Like

Re: Igbos Should Install Obi Of Lagos,Abuja And Kano by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:02am On Apr 07, 2015
waternogetemeny:
[size=14pt]OP EXACTLY, WHO DATCH THAT MONKEY OBA OF LAGOS.

LAGOS IS A NOO MANS LAN[/size]D.
except there is an OBA OF LAGOS. eleriibu
Re: Igbos Should Install Obi Of Lagos,Abuja And Kano by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:04am On Apr 07, 2015
finniblinks:
As usual, zero sense.
you shldnt forget to appoint obi for prisons abroad wey u don over populate for yonder grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Igbos Should Install Obi Of Lagos,Abuja And Kano by Nobody: 9:12am On Apr 07, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
As usual, zero sense.
you shldnt forget to appoint obi for prisons abroad wey u don over populate for yonder grin grin grin
that is how we ball
Re: Igbos Should Install Obi Of Lagos,Abuja And Kano by Nobody: 9:14am On Apr 07, 2015
waternogetemeny:
[size=14pt][s]OP EXACTLY, WHO DATCH THAT MONKEY OBA OF LAGOS.

LAGOS IS A NOO MANS LAN[/size]D.[/s]
Re: Igbos Should Install Obi Of Lagos,Abuja And Kano by Nobody: 9:14am On Apr 07, 2015
The recent happenings in Lagos have created so much tension between the Igbo and the Yoruba. There is so much bitterness and hate talk flying around and this will not do us any good.

When you try to break a wall using a sledge hammer, you need to apply several blows before it gives in. You might need to apply a 100 blows but one thing to note is that it is not the 100th blow that breaks the wall, it is a combination of effects from the very first blow. This brings me to the recent statement credited to the Oba of Lagos to the Igbos. I condemn the statement and I believe every right-thinking person should do the same in the interest of peace and civility. What I want to tell my Igbo people is that the Oba's outburst is not just as a result of the forth-coming gubernatorial election in Lagos but a combination of factors. I hear some of our people calling Lagos a no-man's-land and this is just too bad; this is the height of arrogance and disrespect. How can we move into a Yoruba land, enjoying God's blessings and prosperity only to turn round and tell the people that their land belongs to nobody, that we feed them, and that they cannot survive without us and all the other rubbish and provocative stuff??

Clearly the Oba has been harbouring this anger as a result of the arrogance and provocation of our Igbo people and just could not contain it this time and lashed out.

My Igbo brothers, can we sit down and ask ourselves why we have been so aggressive towards the Yorubas? What have they done wrong to us to deserve this provocation and arrogance? The Yorubas are a very peaceful people and we turn round to call them cowards and all sorts of names. What do we want the Yorubas to do to prove to us that they are not cowards, rise up and go on a killing spree? These Yorubas even returned all our properties to us after the civil war something even our close neighbours in the SS didn’t do!

What does it take to respect your host and do as they wish my people for Christ’s sake? We are prosperous in Yoruba land and are enjoying the land and have no problem with the people, all they are for is for us to know our limits and give them their respect is this too much to ask from us? Let me ask my people one honest question, why are we not shouting that Kano is a no-man’s land The Yorubas have been very nice and taking all these insults from us and we turn around to point our fingers in their noses and call them cowards! Jesus! We claim to be Christians and worship God, is it not written in the bible that blessed are the peace makes for they shall be called the children of God?

My Igbo people please see a sample of what is making the Yorubas very angry with us:

1. I WILL ELEVATE EZE NDIGBO TO THE STATUS OF OBA OF LAGOS - JIMI AGBAJE.

2. IGBO WILL DETERMINE WHO RULES LAGOS- IFEANYI UBAH

3. LAGOS IS NO MAN'S LAND.- IFEANYI UBAH DURING TAN CAMPAIGN.

4. IGBO DEVELOPED AND CONTROL LAGOS- JIMI AGBAJE DURING GEJ CAMPAIGN IN AKWA IBOM

5. WE MUST PRODUCE THE NEXT DEPUTY GOVERNOR OF LAGOS- EZE NDIGBO

MY QUESTIONS TO IGBOS,

1. CAN OBI OF ONITHSA ACCEPT ALL THE ABOVE MENTIONED?

2. CAN EMIR OF KANO ACCEPT ....?

3. DO YOU HAVE ANY SINGLE TRIBE IN YOUR CABINET IN THE EAST?

4. CAN ANY TRIBE CLAIM ONITHSA OR ABA TO BE NO MAN,S LAND?

5. CAN OBI OF ONITHSA ACCEPT THE ELEVATION OF SARKIN HAUSA IN ONITHSA TO OBI STATUS?

I want to use this medium to appeal to well-meaning Yorubas to forgive the childishness and foolishness of our people. Please drop any plans of violence being planned against our people and all other diplomatic ways of punishing our people in your land including Lagos.

We recognise that LAGOS IS A YORUBA LAND and will respect that. Please I appeal for calm and understanding. I am inviting some Yorubas I respect on this forum to help reach out to your people to be calm, I have personally decided to start a campaign to reorientate our people as God helps me in my own way to change the way we think.

Even God told Moses that if he could find just 10 righteous people he will not destroy Sodom & Gomorrah. Igbos like me are far more than 10 in Lagos and other areas of SW. Please do not bring out the beast in you and and please allow better judgement prevail over emotions.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Should Install Obi Of Lagos,Abuja And Kano by Geraucald(m): 9:19am On Apr 07, 2015
Op pls answer my question,
Hausa-Fulanis, Yorubas and Igbos are all around the country, here in the North, Igbos are allowed to trade and do their business, acquire lands even in GRA without us showing discrimination, but in Igbo land, are u guys allowing our Hausa-Fulani people to live like we? Be honest when answering.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Should Install Obi Of Lagos,Abuja And Kano by Nobody: 9:50am On Apr 07, 2015
Geraucald:
Op pls answer my question,
Hausa-Fulanis, Yorubas and Igbos are all around the country, here in the North, Igbos are allowed to trade and do their business, acquire lands even in GRA without us showing discrimination, but in Igbo land, are guys allowing our Hausa-Fulani people to live like we? Be honest when answering.
thw question should be;do ur people ever think of buying properties in Igbo land?if u come to Owerri,u will see that even alhajis that do burea de change there find it difficult to rent a house not to talk of buying properties.u will see alhajis sleeping in their shops.they only properties they have here is their Radio,mat and kettle
Re: Igbos Should Install Obi Of Lagos,Abuja And Kano by GlorifiedTunde(m): 9:52am On Apr 07, 2015
finniblinks:
almost every land was someone's land before.Igbos have migrated and have formed a community there,so they can install Obi or Igwe there that can be appeasing their gods there.

Let your obis in newyork takeover US then
Re: Igbos Should Install Obi Of Lagos,Abuja And Kano by Geraucald(m): 11:02am On Apr 07, 2015
finniblinks:
thw question should be;do ur people ever think of buying properties in Igbo land?if u come to Owerri,u will see that even alhajis that do burea de change there find it difficult to rent a house not to talk of buying properties.u will see alhajis sleeping in their shops.they only properties they have here is their Radio,mat and kettle
Its because of how u r showing discrimination to our people. Also a question shouldn't be answered by another question, u haven't answer me yet
Re: Igbos Should Install Obi Of Lagos,Abuja And Kano by sinkhole: 11:19am On Apr 07, 2015
"ti onile ba ti nfi apari isu han alejo, ile to nlo fun alejo niyen" the ibos are gradully fanning the ember of what ruined them in the north in Lagos and the indigenes are shouting "we no like am o" but the ibos are adamant! Hun, I smh.

(1) (Reply)

Ambode Sacks Fashola’s, Sister Other Loyalists -change Is Finally Here / Democracy :is APC Biting The Hand That Feed It??? / What Is The Beauty Of Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.