Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,117 members, 7,943,033 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 11:25 PM

OBAS Statement, A Reflection Of How Divided We Are! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OBAS Statement, A Reflection Of How Divided We Are! (702 Views)

NDIGBO UNITY THREAD... Ndigbo United We Stand, Divided We Fall / Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland / (picture) How Divided Nigeria is (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OBAS Statement, A Reflection Of How Divided We Are! by koife(m): 2:03pm On Apr 07, 2015
Let me begin by saying that I am not an Igbo......
I find it repugnant to say the least when I heard the statement made by the OBA of Lagos. One would expect that a man of that much public influence would guide his utterances. Indeed, it is shocking and utterly provocating when our elders and political class becomes front liners in spitting venomenous vituperations that has the capacity to threatening the peaceful coexistence of the Nigerian state. I have said it time and time again that the reflection of how bad things have gone in our country can be seen on the street and statement by our shoulbe elder state men, NLer youths inclusive. This ethnic war of words in political space and social media makes me wonder if we are truely ONE NIGERIA or pseudo state entity waiting to give way.more worrisome is the fact that we the youths have deepen this sentiment and heighten the flight of our verbal assault. I was also taken aback when I read through several threads here in NL how some of us came online to throw our weight behind such a devious overtures. I dare to say that if we keep the sail on this heading we will someday meet a tsunami. I enjoined all Nigerians N, S,E, and W to rise up and make better our society because the elderly ones causing the chaos for us will soon be no more. It is indeed our collective responsibility.
LONG live FED REP OF NIG
Re: OBAS Statement, A Reflection Of How Divided We Are! by LubricatingOil: 2:10pm On Apr 07, 2015
koife:
Let me begin by saying that I am not an Igbo......
I find it repugnant to say the least when I heard the statement made by the OBA of Lagos. One would expect that a man of that much public influence would guide his utterances. Indeed, it is shocking and utterly provocating when our elders and political class becomes front liners in spitting venomenous vituperations that has the capacity to threatening the peaceful coexistence of the Nigerian state. I have said it time and time again that the reflection of how bad things have gone in our country can be seen on the street and statement by our shoulbe elder state men, NLer youths inclusive. This ethnic war of words in political space and social media makes me wonder if we are truely ONE NIGERIA or pseudo state entity waiting to give way.more worrisome is the fact that we the youths have deepen this sentiment and heighten the flight of our verbal assault. I was also taken aback when I read through several threads here in NL how some of us came online to throw our weight behind such a devious overtures. I dare to say that if we keep the sail on this heading we will someday meet a tsunami. I enjoined all Nigerians N, S,E, and W to rise up and make better our society because the elderly ones causing the chaos for us will soon be no more. It is indeed our collective responsibility.
LONG live FED REP OF NIG

Here is what a prominent ibo politician said in front of Jonathan in Anambra State.

"That short man called Ngige, we gave him power and he went and joined Awolowo’s people; the people that killed the Igbos" Arthur Eze

http://ynaija.com/ngige-joined-awolowos-people-who-killed-the-igbos-see-10-of-the-most-ridiculous-things-said-at-the-pdpanambra-rally-yesterday/

Show me a SINGLE condemnation from any ibo man.
Re: OBAS Statement, A Reflection Of How Divided We Are! by koife(m): 2:15pm On Apr 07, 2015
...and now you're trying to justify it?...sir I find both devilish......and for your info, you can't overcome evil with evil....its only good reaction that can restore normalcy. I am tempted to blive you're the eye for an eye type. May God have mercy on us all!
Re: OBAS Statement, A Reflection Of How Divided We Are! by LubricatingOil: 2:17pm On Apr 07, 2015
koife:
...and now you're trying to justify it?...sir I find both devilish......and for your info, you can't overcome evil with evil....its only good reaction that can restore normalcy. I am tempted to blive you're the eye for an eye type. May God have mercy on us all!

We are cowards, aren't we?

You people are just double faced hypocrites that thinks you can have a say on who governs in south west.
Re: OBAS Statement, A Reflection Of How Divided We Are! by truefact: 2:19pm On Apr 07, 2015
LubricatingOil:

Here is what a prominent ibo politician said in front of Jonathan in Anambra State.

"That short man called Ngige, we gave him power and he went and joined Awolowo’s people; the people that killed the Igbos" Arthur Eze

http://ynaija.com/ngige-joined-awolowos-people-who-killed-the-igbos-see-10-of-the-most-ridiculous-things-said-at-the-pdpanambra-rally-yesterday/

Show me a SINGLE condemnation from any ibo man.

Did he lied..
The problem is... Why do Yoruba so much want igbos to be in Nigeria when in reality they hated the Igbos with Passion?
Re: OBAS Statement, A Reflection Of How Divided We Are! by truefact: 2:21pm On Apr 07, 2015
LubricatingOil:

You people are just double faced hypocrites that thinks you can have a say on who governs in south west.
We don't even want to be called Nigeria. But is
... Why do you lot want igbos to part of you one Nigeria?
Re: OBAS Statement, A Reflection Of How Divided We Are! by koife(m): 2:21pm On Apr 07, 2015
LubricatingOil:

'You people'...who? Me....please go back and read my intro, twill do you a lot good!
Re: OBAS Statement, A Reflection Of How Divided We Are! by koife(m): 2:25pm On Apr 07, 2015
LubricatingOil:

You are indeed demented pschedelic bigot.....you don't know....how DARE join issues with me...I made an honest appeal and you pick a quarrel with me. You must be a dickhead! lipsrsealed undecided
Re: OBAS Statement, A Reflection Of How Divided We Are! by koife(m): 2:30pm On Apr 07, 2015
LubricatingOil:

Read
https://www.nairaland.com/2241968/ambode-condemns-obas-outburst-strongest
Re: OBAS Statement, A Reflection Of How Divided We Are! by otokx(m): 2:32pm On Apr 07, 2015
Is it today you know we are divided?
Re: OBAS Statement, A Reflection Of How Divided We Are! by AgentMS: 2:33pm On Apr 07, 2015
truefact:

We don't even want to be called Nigeria. But is
... Why do you lot want igbos to part of you one Nigeria?

Who wants you in Nigeria? You killed the leaders of other regions and Northerners reacted and you declared Biafra, thinking you are wiser than others.

(1) (Reply)

Is Obasanjo Still Looking For Relevance (photo Proof) / Few Days For Pdp To Takeover. / Lmao!! See What Governor Amaechi Wore To A Campaign Rally Today [see Photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.