Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,517 members, 7,940,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 02:38 PM

How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti (37052 Views)

Yahaya Bello Visits Ohinoyi Of Ebiraland, Almost Mobbed (Photos) / Lawmakers Almost Mobbed Buhari At Dinner During Hand Shake Session / Goodluck Jonathan Mobbed By Nigerians At London Resturant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by Godhandpro: 7:17pm On Apr 07, 2015
bros to test the camera of your phone....cant you just tale a selfie....sorry about the beating though
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by Leez(m): 7:24pm On Apr 07, 2015
ogalawyer:
I'm still in shock over what happened to me today.
I'm a youth corper serving in Ado Ekiti. On my way to the office Ado Ekiti this morning, I observed that the Fajuyi park area of the town was blocked by security operatives and motorcycles were not being allowed to ride through. I was puzzled as to what was going on, as I just got back to the state from my hometown d night before. Anyway I proceeded to my office. About two hours later, I heard some singing and noise from outside. As l was kind of bored, I decided to go and observe. On getting to the outside of my office complex, I saw a large crowd of people singing and walking on the main road. I realised they were protesting. But since there were no sign of violence, I presumed, albeit wrongly, that it was a peaceful protest. Therefore, and in order to test the picture quality of the phone I just bought, I decided to take pictures. That was a very grave mistake, I now realise. Immediately, a man saw me taking the pictures, he descended on me. The crowd followed suit and before I could mention Jesus, I started receiving blows and slaps from everywhere. The shirt and inner shirt I was wearing was torn out of my body. After the security men managed to restrain d crowd, I was told to delete d pictures, which I did. The crowd was not still satisfied and insisted that I give my phone to them, so they could smash it. I refused. Another round of beating then commenced, this time more viciously. I was pushed to the ground and they were all raining blows and slaps on my body. I managed to extricate myself from the melee and ran for my dear life. Some tried chasing me, but I was quicker. I then went to hide in a part of d complex. After about 5 minutes, a vicious looking guy came to meet me where I was hiding and said I should give him my phone, else he finishes me off there and then. He said he has been instructed by the powers that be to either smash my phone or finish me off. Or in the alternative, he will take me to d crowd waiting fr me outside so they can deal with me in their own way. I started begging him and told him I was just a youth corper and I was neither a politician or from Ado Ekiti. After showing him my NYSC I.d. card and giving him the last 500 naira in my wallet, which he requested for, as bribe, he let me go and instructed me to go and hide as best as I could. I was later transported outside the premises by a good Samaritan, before I found my way home.
Though I'm an ardent follower of political happenings in the country, I have never been a fanatic, and I never expected this type of behaviour from rational human beings. Mehn, these guys where filled with anger, and they could kill without hesitation. Politics should not be a do or die affair. It is high time we jettison this culture of barbarism and embrace peace and dialogue. Anyway, I'm thankful to God, that it didn't get worse than it did. Though I'm feeling pains all over my body, I'll survive and at least I still have my phone.
Dt moment when op name na ogalawyer and he try to reason with boys on sk cheesy

1 Like

Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by 9cbaby(f): 7:27pm On Apr 07, 2015
Ekiti people with violence,those people are very dangerous,next time please be extra careful.Thank God 4 you life
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by swagdopey: 7:29pm On Apr 07, 2015
Na wa o. U see wat picture or idontbleive it pushed this op into...

Sha we need picture of ur face after d beating or wedontbeleiveit.
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by Gbangbalicious: 7:31pm On Apr 07, 2015
Thank God for keeping your life.
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by Nobody: 7:33pm On Apr 07, 2015
UnknownT:
Back then in UNN we protested against the former VC. When we got to the gate and started a bon-fire, fellowe students were the ones harrasing students 'videoing' the protest.
So you were among us...we protested from V.C lodge to Opi junction...the army guys that came told us to continue but peacefully. NTA carried the story some of us were on TV. I guess thats what got some of us scared. Bartho Okolo !
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by Nobody: 7:34pm On Apr 07, 2015
OP thank God for saving u
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by cana882(m): 7:35pm On Apr 07, 2015
akinboyepelumi1:
You'v been just giving a tip of what the Journalist in Nigeria face when they go to the Lions den. I am sure U were trying to get the pictures to make frontpage on Nairaland with the topic "Pictures : Riot In Ado Ekiti?"

It is a good thing you still have your life and Phone, hope U"v learnt one or two lesson(s) from your experience.
he still made front page. probably his oda story won't grin
akinboyepelumi1:
You'v been just giving a tip of what the Journalist in Nigeria face when they go to the Lions den. I am sure U were trying to get the pictures to make frontpage on Nairaland with the topic "Pictures : Riot In Ado Ekiti?"

It is a good thing you still have your life and Phone, hope U"v learnt one or two lesson(s) from your experience.
he still made front page. probably his oda story won't
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by aspirebig: 7:35pm On Apr 07, 2015
Corper shuu, sorry ooo.

Thank God you are alive to tell the story.

Next time, do not take pictures so close. Incase you dont know, Ekiti is about the most violent state in south west now.
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by lakesidepapa(m): 7:36pm On Apr 07, 2015
ogalawyer:
I'm a youth corper serving in Ado Ekiti. On my way to the office Ado Ekiti this morning, I observed that the Fajuyi park area of the town was blocked by security operatives and motorcycles were not being allowed to ride through. I was puzzled as to what was going on, as I just got back to the state from my hometown d night before. Anyway I proceeded to my office. About two hours later, I heard some singing and noise from outside. As l was kind of bored, I decided to go and observe. On getting to the outside of my office complex, I saw a large crowd of people singing and walking on the main road. I realised they were protesting. But since there were no sign of violence, I presumed, albeit wrongly, that it was a peaceful protest. Therefore, and in order to test the picture quality of the phone I just bought, I decided to take pictures. That was a very grave mistake, I now realise. Immediately, a man saw me taking the pictures, he descended on me. The crowd followed suit and before I could mention Jesus, I started receiving blows and slaps from everywhere. The shirt and inner shirt I was wearing was torn out of my body. After the security men managed to restrain d crowd, I was told to delete d pictures, which I did. The crowd was not still satisfied and insisted that I give my phone to them, so they could smash it. I refused. Another round of beating then commenced, this time more viciously. I was pushed to the ground and they were all raining blows and slaps on my body. I managed to extricate myself from the melee and ran for my dear life. Some tried chasing me, but I was quicker. I then went to hide in a part of d complex. After about 5 minutes, a vicious looking guy came to meet me where I was hiding and said I should give him my phone, else he finishes me off there and then. He said he has been instructed by the powers that be to either smash my phone or finish me off. Or in the alternative, he will take me to d crowd waiting fr me outside so they can deal with me in their own way. I started begging him and told him I was just a youth corper and I was neither a politician or from Ado Ekiti. After showing him my NYSC I.d. card and giving him the last 500 naira in my wallet, which he requested for, as bribe, he let me go and instructed me to go and hide as best as I could. I was later transported outside the premises by a good Samaritan, before I found my way home.
Though I'm an ardent follower of political happenings in the country, I have never been a fanatic, and I never expected this type of behaviour from rational human beings. Mehn, these guys where filled with anger, and they could kill without hesitation. Politics should not be a do or die affair. It is high time we jettison this culture of barbarism and embrace peace and dialogue. Anyway, I'm thankful to God, that it didn't get worse than it did. Though I'm feeling pains all over my body, I'll survive and at least I still have my phone.

My dear brother, that's PDP for u, that's Ado for u and that's Fayose thugs for u. I resides in Ajilosun street in Ado and i can tell how Ado is boiling right nw but i jst check into my home town(Ilesha) right nw due to the fact that I'm one of Apc loyalists in the town and we guys have to run for our life because our strength is damn low unlike that of the pdp's

1 Like

Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by Psalmsquare(m): 7:36pm On Apr 07, 2015
Pictures shouldn't be taken in public places in such scenario ma bro.... And maybe uu were ecen putting on your NYSC kaki.... Stay safe bro.... Thank God for your life.....
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by onatisi(m): 7:41pm On Apr 07, 2015
Serves the op right. Next time you will use ur brains before taking pictures in tense atmosphere. Definitely u wanted to post it on nairaland. They should have smashed the phone instead. You are very lucky they didn't break ur legs or hands before letting u go.
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by ogalawyer(m): 7:42pm On Apr 07, 2015
Leez:

Dt moment when op name na ogalawyer and he try to reason with boys on sk cheesy
lolz..I just tire my broda
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by eleko1: 7:56pm On Apr 07, 2015
He took the pixs to satisfied Pixs/Idonbilive kids on NL.Very risky venture/misadventures he took.How much is the phone that U dnt want let it go/run away?I pity U so much.Come again,the State Police Command/DSS office is about 10 minute drive to the scene,wonder why they can't disperse those PD pigs touts.I give up on Nig Police.
VickyRotex:
shocked shocked cry
Thank God for your life Op.

Good thing youve learnt your lesson.

Angry mob will find everything wrong in you taking a picture of their protest.

I hope those quick to capturing any image they see will learn from this...
Stay away from ur place of primary Assignment till next wEek.
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by Floyd45(m): 8:05pm On Apr 07, 2015
I hope say na Iphone 6 wey u dey follow dem struggle with since
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by VickyRotex(f): 8:08pm On Apr 07, 2015
eleko1:
He took the pixs to satisfied Pixs/Idonbilive kids on NL.Very risky venture/misadventures he took.How much is the phone that U dnt want let it go/run away?I pity U so much.Come again,the State Police Command/DSS office is about 10 minute drive to the scene,wonder why they can't disperse those PD pigs touts.I give up on Nig Police. Stay away from ur place of primary Assignment till next wEek.

grin grin Am sure he has learnt his lessons.
Na now you just dey give up on them Me don give up on them since 2012, ever since Armed robbers attacked me on the road,just about 3minutes after police check point. And the attack lasted 30minutes before the police came. Na since then, I finally know sey my life dey God hand only smiley Only Him can save.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by kelvyn7: 8:09pm On Apr 07, 2015
OP, the main reason dat guy left U was because you showed him your NYSC ID card, and of cos settled him with 500 bucks. I want to use this medium to stress that all Corpers shd always carry their NYSC ID cards. It saves lives! Thank God for your life cos many have been innocently killed like dis. Angry mobs are dangerous. You can't hold anybody responsible for anything. Funny country like Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by Nobody: 8:13pm On Apr 07, 2015
ogalawyer:

You are speaking big grammar.

Thank God for your life. Use your head next time.. This life is too dangerous.
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by Anikkytohposh(f): 8:14pm On Apr 07, 2015
Learn how to freelance*journalistic term* event @ op

You want to make front page news and u got the beating of your life *sorry*

Well next time, apply wisdom
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by Nobody: 8:16pm On Apr 07, 2015
akinboyepelumi1:

Imagine the guy skipped food this morning or he was sick and then got this beating..

Poster should even go to hospital and check for internal bleeding..

1 Like

Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by cytellProperty: 8:16pm On Apr 07, 2015
Na God save your head. You better go to Church for thanksgiving. Ori lo yo e.
ogalawyer:
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by eleko1: 8:22pm On Apr 07, 2015
Thank God fo Ur safety.May U not see evil again.
VickyRotex:

grin grin Am sure he has learnt his lessons.
Na now you just dey give up on them Me don give up on them since 2012, ever since Armed robbers attacked me on the road,just about 3minutes after police check point. And the attack lasted 30minutes before the police came. Na since then, I finally know sey my life dey God hand only smiley Only Him can save.
Come again,nah only here u go dey form Ogedegbe warrior/Olofa ina/Sango/Irumole Kekere.So U can't Use that white thing I gave U,chant Ofo and slap those Bastards undecided embarassed tongue lipsrsealed grin sad cheesy grin..

1 Like

Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by darepoju(m): 8:24pm On Apr 07, 2015
ogalawer.... thank God for ur life...
u buy fone for market u no test ur camera....
the phone na no testing ni?
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by wjxavier(m): 8:29pm On Apr 07, 2015
Only one post.

Are you sure you are not here for the purpose of disinformation?

I strongly suspect you. There was no violence today.
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by gbola97(m): 8:30pm On Apr 07, 2015
ogalawyer:
so funny but thank GOD ur life was saved
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by Nobody: 8:32pm On Apr 07, 2015
akinboyepelumi1:

laff wan kill me ooo
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by greatseed: 8:38pm On Apr 07, 2015
ogalawyer:
Its been a while I saw pinture or idontbelive it....
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by zimoni(f): 8:38pm On Apr 07, 2015
When it comes to politics, our people turn to something else. I sometimes ask myself, are these the my Yoruba peeps.

We could be crazy atimes.

I'm happy for you, God saved your azz.

Go and take pics NO MORE.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by VickyRotex(f): 8:42pm On Apr 07, 2015
eleko1:
Thank God fo Ur safety.May U not see evil again. Come again,nah only here u go dey form Ogedegbe warrior/Olofa ina/Sango/Irumole Kekere.So U can't Use that white thing I gave U,chant Ofo and slap those Bastards undecided embarassed tongue lipsrsealed grin sad cheesy grin..

cheesy cheesy cheesy Amin!!!
I try use am na... sad But the Lacasera wey I dey drink pour untop am, na so d white thing spoil undecided angry angry
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by Spidermon: 8:43pm On Apr 07, 2015
ogalawyer:
I ve definitely learnt my lessons. But it's not like I was trying to post the pictures on Nairaland or something. Anyway what I s wrong in posting pictures of a protest on Nairaland. Are we not in a free society?

Theoretically, we are in a free society. However, the opposite is the case in reality as you have just experienced.
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by Charbless(m): 8:55pm On Apr 07, 2015
Didn't u school in Naija? Next tym learn to mind Ur business
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by Jeneral4: 8:56pm On Apr 07, 2015
Baba K..... such is life....no website is worth such trouble

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BREAKING: Acting IGP Orders Disbandment Of FSARS, Others / 2023: Supporters Block Orji Kalu's Convoy, Insist He Must Declare For Presidency / Aisha Buhari: The Dirty Fight In Aso Rock Villa - Independent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.