Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,020 members, 7,909,761 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 12:20 PM

APOLLO By Chimamanda Addichie - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / APOLLO By Chimamanda Addichie (622 Views)

Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. / Chimamanda Adichie At The Paris Fashion Week 2016 (Photos) / Chimamanda Adichie Makes Vanity Fair List Of International Best Dressed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

APOLLO By Chimamanda Addichie by mitchey(m): 9:05pm On Apr 07, 2015
Popular Novelist and short story writer Chimamanda Adichie has rolled out another interesting short story captioned APOLLO

I first thought it was about that red-eye sickness. In case you share same thoughts tongue Rid your mind of it grin

The story:

Twice a month, like a dutiful son, I visited my parents in Enugu, in their small overfurnished flat that grew dark in the afternoon. Retirement had changed them, shrunk them. They were in their late eighties, both small and mahogany-skinned, with a tendency to stoop. They seemed to look more and more alike, as though all the years together had made their features blend and bleed into one another. They even smelled alikeā€”a menthol scent, from the green vial of Vicks VapoRub they passed to each other, carefully rubbing a little in their nostrils and on aching joints. When I arrived, I would find them either sitting out on the veranda overlooking the road or sunk into the living-room sofa, watching

continue: http://inspirecrib..com/2015/04/apollo-by-chimamanda-ngozi-adichie.html

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Eater Of Lies (by Anozie Chidinma) / The Precious Flute{ogene The Orphan) / The Naija Celebrity- Candid Moments Part 1!!!!!! - Gboyega Lawson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.