Stats: 3,170,733 members, 7,879,175 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 01:40 PM

A Nigerian Died Because A Racist Malaysian Hospital Refused Him Treatment(Video) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Nigerian Died Because A Racist Malaysian Hospital Refused Him Treatment(Video) (23811 Views)

Gambian Man Drowns In Italy As Tourists Film, Laugh And Make Racist Comments / 4 Nigerian Stowaways Arrested In Malaysian-Bound Cargo Vessel / 10 Reasons Why Travellers Are Turned Back Or Refused Entry At The Port Of Entry (2) (3) (4)

Re: A Nigerian Died Because A Racist Malaysian Hospital Refused Him Treatment(Video) by ooshinibos: 9:08am On Apr 08, 2015
YOU SEE ...I hope this supernatural hate for black people will stop one day .... the only way to eradicate this hate is to develop a black nation ( e.g. Nigeria ) to accommodate all different races . ..all of the non blacks do not understand us and have not experience living in a black nation hence this hateful mentality against black people
they used to be a lot of Malaysians in Nigeria ( when things were normal ) and we treated them very well ..they all left when we allow corrupt and evil government to reign over us . the hope of most black people to sojourn was Nigeria because of our capacity and economic aspiration ..but this hope has been shattered ..hence we- black people are in every country where we not loved but tolerated ...but u cannot blame the haters but ourselves in the sense we have refused to build a black nation out of ignorance and wickedness and greed

Re: A Nigerian Died Because A Racist Malaysian Hospital Refused Him Treatment(Video) by GodMode: 9:09am On Apr 08, 2015
mmsen:

Cases like this should force people to realise how silly their 'tribe' concept is - you have petty linguistic differences. If you wish to move forward as a nation it might be time to get rid of them.

Getting rid of them is not the solution...

Moving forward means tribes are meant to accept, respect and tolerate their differences.
Re: A Nigerian Died Because A Racist Malaysian Hospital Refused Him Treatment(Video) by Nobody: 9:10am On Apr 08, 2015
blackbee:
A Nigerian national residing in Malaysia needed a medical attention and was rushed to the hospital. The doctors and the hospital management refused to attend to him with flimsy excuses of attending to other inward patients. This eventually led to the demise of this young man who could have been saved if racism, Xenophobia and discrimination had not played out . Please continue to share this video, perhaps you can assist to bring this matter to the Foreign Affairs Ministry so as to commence an investigation with the Malaysian Mission in Abuja?
The Malaysian residents in Nigeria are treated as queens and kings; why will Nigerians receive less in their country.
Time to fight and defend ourselves is now. Share this with your friends or in any group you belong and other media outlets.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=949339598442178

Why do Nigerians even move to Malaysia? How is Malaysia better than Nigeria? Smh

Re: A Nigerian Died Because A Racist Malaysian Hospital Refused Him Treatment(Video) by GodMode: 9:10am On Apr 08, 2015
ooshinibos:
YOU SEE ...I hope this supernatural hate for black people will stop one day .... the only way to eradicate this hate is to develop a black nation ( e.g. Nigeria ) to accommodate all different races . ..all of the non blacks do not understand us and have not experience living in a black nation hence this hateful mentality against black people
they used to be a lot of Malaysians in Nigeria ( when things were normal ) and we treated them very well ..they all left when we allow corrupt and evil government to reign over us . the hope of most black people to sojourn was Nigeria because of our capacity and economic aspiration ..but this hope has been shattered ..hence we- black people are in every country where we not loved but tolerated ...but u cannot blame the haters but ourselves in the sense we have refused to build a black nation out of ignorance and wickedness and greed

They are not "black people" they are Africans...
Re: A Nigerian Died Because A Racist Malaysian Hospital Refused Him Treatment(Video) by ojnnaco(m): 9:14am On Apr 08, 2015
Cc:
Good luck ebele Jonathan
Muhammadu Buhari
Bob Marley
Micheal Jackson
Don Jazzy
Obama
Mugabe
Rev.TB Joshua
Pst. David Ibiyeome etc ..
RIP DEAR.
STOP RACISM. IT KILLS
WE ARE ONE AND CREATED EQUAL
Re: A Nigerian Died Because A Racist Malaysian Hospital Refused Him Treatment(Video) by ooshinibos: 9:15am On Apr 08, 2015
GodMode:

They are not "black people" they are Africans...
You are right , I was just using a generic term ....most(if not all ) black people have an African origin ...even a lot them do not want to admit it ..even the afro Caribbean do not want to be called African but to be honest , there is nothing wrong in being black or African , am proud to be an African anyway .
Re: A Nigerian Died Because A Racist Malaysian Hospital Refused Him Treatment(Video) by mmsen: 9:20am On Apr 08, 2015
GodMode:

Getting rid of them is not the solution...

Moving forward means tribes are meant to accept, respect and tolerate their differences.

That is a pipe-dream that has never worked anywhere.

People need to be educated on the need to accept best practices and the ability to use reason over sentiment otherwise the future is bleak.
Re: A Nigerian Died Because A Racist Malaysian Hospital Refused Him Treatment(Video) by sinizia: 9:26am On Apr 08, 2015
No thanks to our present and past leaders that have looted the citizens to abject poverty, so much that they've to move to malaysia for crumbs of bread.

Re: A Nigerian Died Because A Racist Malaysian Hospital Refused Him Treatment(Video) by GodMode: 9:27am On Apr 08, 2015
mmsen:

That is a pipe-dream that has never worked anywhere.

People need to be educated on the need to accept best practices and the ability to use reason over sentiment otherwise the future is bleak.

Its not a pipe-dream... The problem is the leaders... Every region should make the native language their official language and u'll see that Nigeria would improve after that.
Re: A Nigerian Died Because A Racist Malaysian Hospital Refused Him Treatment(Video) by Bellalistic(f): 9:30am On Apr 08, 2015
RACISM BEGINS @ HOME.........

and i think its evri whr?
Re: A Nigerian Died Because A Racist Malaysian Hospital Refused Him Treatment(Video) by oweman: 9:35am On Apr 08, 2015
kamez:
What are Nigerians doing in malaysia sef?

Mainly drug traficking .not many are doing anything legitimate .
Re: A Nigerian Died Because A Racist Malaysian Hospital Refused Him Treatment(Video) by Nihilist: 9:38am On Apr 08, 2015
But can anybody show me the racism being talked about here?
Re: A Nigerian Died Because A Racist Malaysian Hospital Refused Him Treatment(Video) by mmsen: 9:44am On Apr 08, 2015
GodMode:

Its not a pipe-dream... The problem is the leaders... Every region should make the native language their official language and u'll see that Nigeria would improve after that.

You want three regions within three languages for one country - what reason do you have for such a suggestion? Who would benefit from such a divisive policy? Why not just have one language for the nation and keep things simple?

P.S.
Why is it always the leaders? Are Nigerians drones? Can they not think for themselves.
Re: A Nigerian Died Because A Racist Malaysian Hospital Refused Him Treatment(Video) by Nobody: 9:46am On Apr 08, 2015
VickyRotex:

Yup, you're right also. Let's believe the new government will make ammendments.
Well, I believe when this country is suitable and well conducive for people to live in, there'd be little or no reason for people to join the rest over there.
yes o

Re: A Nigerian Died Because A Racist Malaysian Hospital Refused Him Treatment(Video) by igbsam(m): 9:48am On Apr 08, 2015
deletrue:
Buhari need wetin? Help? Haba, nor talk that matter again. Buhari does not need any help. We voted out the non performer and Buhari is in. He does not need any help but to put to work his managerial skill. He is aware of the techniques to fight corruption but he has multitude of corrept individuals. He can stop Boko haram within two months, according to himself and apc. He will stabilise the current falling oil price and equal the foreign currencies with the Naira. So why would such person need help?

shatap your mouth there. you are a pained niqqa. You think buhari is like your incompetent buffon that was voted out thinking Nigeria can be better through a selected corrupt cabal. you better let it go before your hate consumes you.

Every govt need the collective hands of everyone to make a better country and not some cabal whom your looser president relied on. Abeg vamoooze. we don't need rotten and hateful citizens like you around us wishing us failure. e go clear for your eyes soon.

Re: A Nigerian Died Because A Racist Malaysian Hospital Refused Him Treatment(Video) by lovely17(m): 9:52am On Apr 08, 2015
God please press the refresh button in Heaven let's start against
Re: A Nigerian Died Because A Racist Malaysian Hospital Refused Him Treatment(Video) by GodMode: 9:54am On Apr 08, 2015
mmsen:

You want three regions within three languages for one country - what reason do you have for such a suggestion? Who would benefit from such a divisive policy? Why not just have one language for the nation and keep things simple?

Nigeria has more than 3 regions and 3 languages....

My reason:
People from other regions would have to learn the language and culture of the region they want to travel to while in that other region or before they travel to that region..

This leads to respect, tolerance e.t.c. to that region from non indigenes.

Who would benefit:
Both regions cos it will to ethnic tolerance e.t.c.

Having one language for Nigeria would mean imposing that language on Nigerians..

Nigeria was never a one language country.
Re: A Nigerian Died Because A Racist Malaysian Hospital Refused Him Treatment(Video) by GodMode: 10:01am On Apr 08, 2015
mmsen:

P.S.
Why is it always the leaders? Are Nigerians drones? Can they not think for themselves.

When u have a successful business... The corrupt leaders can impose unnecessary tax on your business if u don't do what they want..

Even if Nigerians develop Nigeria.. They need security.. What's the point of creating a successful business then one stupid ethnic militia that was given a billion naira contract will start bombing everywhere...
Re: A Nigerian Died Because A Racist Malaysian Hospital Refused Him Treatment(Video) by aboki2000(m): 10:05am On Apr 08, 2015
naijainfogalery:
I have a dream that one day, Nigeria will be great again
I have a dream that one day Nigerians all over the world would come back home because their land is now flowing with milk and honey
I have a dream that one day Nigerians wont run away because of abject poverty
I have a dream that Nigerians will get the respect that they deserve
I have a dream that we will shine again
I have a dream that the Nigerian passport will given the same treatment as the British and US passports
I have a dream that Nigerians will be known for their integrity
American dreamer

Re: A Nigerian Died Because A Racist Malaysian Hospital Refused Him Treatment(Video) by GeneralShepherd(m): 10:06am On Apr 08, 2015
kamez:

Owk so after the rejuvenation of our health care system, nigerians in diaspora will leave their country of residence and fly back to nigeria weneva they fall sick abi?...

The main issue here is how to stop the marginalization of nigerians living abroad. because they should have equal access to health care in any country they reside in

When some Nigerians have been told not to vote in Lagos? Let us first stop marginalising each other in Nigeria first before we demand same in foreign countries.

Re: A Nigerian Died Because A Racist Malaysian Hospital Refused Him Treatment(Video) by naijainfogalery: 10:07am On Apr 08, 2015
I will remember to quote you the day that this things will happen.
aboki2000:
American dreamer
Re: A Nigerian Died Because A Racist Malaysian Hospital Refused Him Treatment(Video) by mmsen: 10:17am On Apr 08, 2015
GodMode:

Nigeria has more than 3 regions and 3 languages....

My reason:
People from other regions would have to learn the language and culture of the region they want to travel to while in that other region or before they travel to that region..

This leads to respect, tolerance e.t.c. to that region from non indigenes.

Who would benefit:
Both regions cos it will to ethnic tolerance e.t.c.

Having one language for Nigeria would mean imposing that language on Nigerians..

Nigeria was never a one language country.

You said 'Both regions' - there are more than two, unless you are calling for the secession of the north.

We already have people moving around the nation, this has had minimal impact on tolerance. The Federal government colleges and universities are a good idea that work because the children and young people are taught in a common language.

If you have more than three languages already (most of them are in fact dialects and not 'languages') you will upset some of the people by asking them to forgo recognition. It would be more equitable and practical to use the international language of trade that is currently part of the educational curriculum, namely English, than to force people in Port Harcourt to speak Igbo; force people in Benin to speak Yoruba.

We do not need 'ethnic tolerance' as there are no 'ethnic' differences when one looks at Nigeria from a global perspective - the differences are largely linguistic and religious, neither of which is set in stone or practical. The perceived cultural differences are already beginning to blend and that is a good thing, a nation needs common ideas and practices.
Re: A Nigerian Died Because A Racist Malaysian Hospital Refused Him Treatment(Video) by GodMode: 10:25am On Apr 08, 2015
mmsen:

You said 'Both regions' - there are more than two, unless you are calling for the secession of the north.

We already have people moving around the nation, this has had minimal impact on tolerance. The Federal government colleges and universities are a good idea that work because the children and young people are taught in a common language.

If you have more than three languages already (most of them are in fact dialects and not 'languages') you will upset some of the people by asking them to forgo recognition. It would be more equitable and practical to use the international language of trade that is currently part of the educational curriculum, namely English, than to force people in Port Harcourt to speak Igbo; force people in Benin to speak Yoruba.

We do not need 'ethnic tolerance' as there are no 'ethnic' differences when one looks at Nigeria from a global perspective - the differences are largely linguistic and religious, neither of which is set in stone or practical. The perceived cultural differences are already beginning to blend and that is a good thing, a nation needs common ideas and practices.

The north alone has more than 5 languages but the main ones are hausa, fulfude and kanuri... Those are 3 different tribes in the north alone.

Some foreign countries don't have up to 3 million people in them..

While in Nigeria, one tribe has over 20 million people..

Adopting English would mean killing the culture and limiting people...

Tell me, how many Nigerian musicians have been very successful by using only english in their songs..
Re: A Nigerian Died Because A Racist Malaysian Hospital Refused Him Treatment(Video) by chrisviral(m): 10:31am On Apr 08, 2015
Ihea wickedness upon wickedness angry
Onye woods baa!
Ifea na ewe iwe

For those without money to watch the movie!

RiP
Re: A Nigerian Died Because A Racist Malaysian Hospital Refused Him Treatment(Video) by iamord(m): 10:42am On Apr 08, 2015
naijainfogalery:
I have a dream that one day, Nigeria will be great again
I have a dream that one day Nigerians all over the world would come back home because their land is now flowing with milk and honey
I have a dream that one day Nigerians wont run away because of abject poverty
I have a dream that Nigerians will get the respect that they deserve
I have a dream that we will shine again
I have a dream that the Nigerian passport will given the same treatment as the British and US passports
I have a dream that Nigerians will be known for their integrity
dream and reality are two different things.. The first one comes as it pleases. The second one is that you have to work towards it. Everyone has a dream. It's about walking the walk
Re: A Nigerian Died Because A Racist Malaysian Hospital Refused Him Treatment(Video) by mmsen: 10:42am On Apr 08, 2015
GodMode:

The north alone has more than 5 languages but the main ones are hausa, fulfude and kanuri... Those are 3 different tribes in the north alone.

Some foreign countries don't have up to 3 million people in them..

While in Nigeria, one tribe has over 20 million people..

Adopting English would mean killing the culture and limiting people...

Tell me, how many Nigerian musicians have been very successful by using only english in their songs..

You can use your local language in an informal setting, you can't stop people from speaking how they want to but it has to be stressed that English must be taught in schools (and not pidgin which is essentially useless) otherwise the next generation will struggle to integrate into the workplace and employers will continue to complain about the lack of viable graduates.

China has over one billion, likewise India, America has over 300 million, Indonesia has over 200 million, Brazil likewise - Nigeria is not alone in having a large population - the difference is that they have an acceptance that a common language is necessary for progress. They all have several 'ethnic' groups spread out over a much larger land mass yet they understand that a commonality of language is vital.

Entertainers can sing in whatever language they so desire, be it local or otherwise but in doing so they potentially limit their audience. The best known international artists sing in English. And this is my overall point - by insisting on using localized languages you limit your reach, you limit your ability to influence and to prosper.

To claim that encouraging the universal use of a language will kill a people is naive. People adopt different languages as a matter of practicality all the time. Culture is constantly changing. What kills a people is stagnation, the childish need a cling to outmoded and useless practices.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Nigerian Died Because A Racist Malaysian Hospital Refused Him Treatment(Video) by EmekaBlue(m): 10:45am On Apr 08, 2015
Eyaah...RIP bro
Re: A Nigerian Died Because A Racist Malaysian Hospital Refused Him Treatment(Video) by GodMode: 11:21am On Apr 08, 2015
mmsen:

You can use your language in an informal setting, you can't stop people from speaking how they want to but it has to be stressed that English must be taught in schools (and not pidgin which is essentially useless) otherwise the next generation will struggle to integrate into the workplace and employers will continue to complain about the lack of viable graduates.

China has over one billion, likewise India, America has over 300 million, Indonesia has over 200 million, Brazil likewise - Nigeria is not alone in having a large population - the difference is that they have an acceptance that a common language is necessary for progress. They all have several 'ethnic' groups spread out over a much larger land mass yet they understand that a commonality of language is vital.

Entertainers can sing in whatever language they so desire but in doing so they limit their audience. The best known international artists sing in English. And this is my overall point - by insisting on using localized languages you limit your reach, you limit your ability to influence and to prosper.

To claim that encouraging the universal use of a language will kill a people is naive. People adopt different languages as a matter of practicality all the time. Likewise culture is constantly changing. What kills a people is stagnation, the childish need a cling to outmoded and useless practices.

Different languages are spoken in Brazil but portuguese is their official language... China has a standard chinese(mandarin) official language but they also have recognised regional languages.

The countries above all have regionally recognised languages. English is not one of them..

Fashola has already included mandarin in the lagos school curriculum.. That's a very st:upid decision when Yorubas don't even understand hausa or igbo languages that their neighbours use.

Most Nigerians suffer from inferiority complex that's why they want to end the local languages.

Foreigners would learn the language... If Nigerians want to talk internationally they may use english..

Charity begins at home... Not abroad..
Re: A Nigerian Died Because A Racist Malaysian Hospital Refused Him Treatment(Video) by Nobody: 11:29am On Apr 08, 2015
Malaysia has a harsh immigration policy (call it draconian if you like) that requires a foreigner to present a valid passport and visa before getting medical care even if he/she has health insurance. Does this young man have a valid passport and Visa? If he does then I see no reason why the doctors won’t give him the healthcare he deserve but if he doesn't, I’m sorry to say that the doctors cannot do anything, else they risk prosecution just as our doctors will be prosecuted if they treat a certain degree of injury without a police report.

It will be unfair to the good people of Malaysia if we Nigerians continue to peddle this falsehood about Malaysia being a racist country. Before I traveled to Malaysia I heard all sort of stories about racism in Malaysia but the truth is I have never been a victim of racism in Malaysia. We throw jabs at each other sometimes, they’ll make jokes about Nigerian scam and I’ll talk about their tiny eyes but that is all there is. How could anyone accuse Malaysians of racism when all they have shown me is love and respect?

Having lived in Malaysia for quite some time and gotten acquainted with the locals, I make bold to say that Malaysians are very friendly to blacks, their girls actually droll when they see a cute black guy, although they assume that we’re violent at first but when they get to know you, trust me, you’ll have the best time with them.

Nigerians are actually the architect of their own woes in Malaysia, why do we have this dash for lawlessness and a penchant for entitlement? I think we should learn to take responsibility and bear the consequences of our actions. You don’t have a valid visa, Malaysian law says a foreigner must have a valid visa to stay in Malaysia. When the police comes to do their job, you choose to jump out of your window from the 12th floor, unfortunately you died, but who do Nigerians blame? Not you, not your negligence, not your stupidity, you guess right “Racist Malaysian police”. I have seen a Nigerian who jumped from a 2 story building and broke his leg, he begged me and my friend to help him “pull and set” his leg, I told him that I can’t, I even offered to drive him to the hospital but he refused. I shook my head and left, wondering why someone will leave Nigeria a freeman to become a fugitive in a developing country like Malaysia.

This is solely my observation and opinion, maybe because I mix with the educated class, perhaps I don’t live where the racists are but so far it has been a friendly nation to me. I’ll advice Nigerians to never surrender their freedom for anything, always get your paperwork sorted before considering an extension of your stay in a foreign land.

Re: A Nigerian Died Because A Racist Malaysian Hospital Refused Him Treatment(Video) by mmsen: 11:37am On Apr 08, 2015
GodMode:

Different languages are spoken in Brazil but portuguese is their official language... China has a standard chinese(mandarin) official language but they also have recognised regional languages.

The countries above all have regionally recognised languages. English is not one of them..

Fashola has already included mandarin in the lagos school curriculum.. That's a very st:upid decision when Yorubas don't even understand hausa or igbo languages that their neighbours use.

Most Nigerians suffer from inferiority complex that's why they want to end the local languages.

Foreigners would learn the language... If Nigerians want to talk internationally they may use english..

Charity begins at home... Not abroad..

Most nations have begun to introduce Mandarin into their curriculum as a result of China's greater economic importance. Mandarin is the most widely spoken first language on the planet. But in terms of number of places and territory English is the prime language.

Portuguese may be spoken in Brazil but the best schools there teach English because they understand that English is the international language of business.

Ending the use of local languages is about fostering a common identity, not pandering to an inferiority complex. If you want to talk about that inferiority complex then we need to deal with the religious aspect which has been far more damaging to the Nigerian identity and Nigerian society. No one in Nigeria has been killed because they addressed another in English but people have died for not speaking Fulfulde, Hausa or not being Muslim.

I'm not sure what a common language has to do with 'charity' - it should be about practicalities and not petty sentiment.
Re: A Nigerian Died Because A Racist Malaysian Hospital Refused Him Treatment(Video) by Teeboy22(m): 11:51am On Apr 08, 2015
EroticAngelina:
God will punish that hospital!

really
Re: A Nigerian Died Because A Racist Malaysian Hospital Refused Him Treatment(Video) by Edusouls(m): 1:42pm On Apr 08, 2015
Siena:
Oddly enough, NIGERIANS are also refused treatment in NIGERIA too, for a myriad of reasons.

Too bad.
these people dont like us simple and short, and we should have known that by now, its high time we leave there place for them..

Bristow Helicopter Crash Rescue Operation In Lagos (Photos) / Renovated VIP Lounge At Kaduna Airport (Photos) / 5 Reasons Why Couples Should Travel Together

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94