Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,296 members, 7,947,412 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 07:01 PM

Lagos Too Important For Apc To Loose - Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Too Important For Apc To Loose - Buhari (724 Views)

Lagos Too Important For APC To Lose - Buhari / Lagos Too Important For APC To Lose - Buhari / Message From APC To Their Supporters - Twitter Handle(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Too Important For Apc To Loose - Buhari by BANKYBOI: 10:50am On Apr 08, 2015
The President-elect, retired Maj.-Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, on Tuesday said that Lagos State was too important for the All Progressives Congress (APC) to lose to the opposition.

Buhari, at the APC rally in Orile area of the state, urged Lagos residents to vote en masse for the party's governorship candidate in Lagos State, Mr Akinwunmi Ambode on Saturday.

"Defy all elements, whatever it may be, and vote for APC from top to bottom,’’ he said.

Buhari told the crowd that Lagos, with its huge investments, could not be toyed with.

"Don't attempt to be on the wrong side of the centre because we are now the centre.

"Tell your neighbours, your relatives and even the opposition party to please bury the hatchet and fall in line and vote for APC,’’ he said.

The President-elect assured the people that they stood to benefit a lot if they voted for the APC.

Buhari said that he would prioritise investment in Lagos infrastructure, noting that the state is a "mini Nigeria".

"Gov. Babatunde Fashola has told me how much the state has been spending to maintain Federal Government infrastructure, including roads, buildings and other institutions.

"I urge Ambode, who will be the next governor of the state, to harass me sufficiently to honour my undertaking," he said.

Buhari commended Chief Bola Tinubu,  an APC National Leader, for all he had done in terms of mobilising revenue to sustain development in the state.

He also commended Fashola for his hard work, commitment to the state and to the country.

"I am extremely impressed, “he said.

Tinubu, in his address, also urged Lagos residents to vote wisely in the governorship and House of Assembly elections and not to waste their votes for the opposition.

"As you vote on Saturday, pray that God will not let you waste your vote; a vote for progress is a vote for development, " he said.

Tinubu said that Ambode was chosen as the party's governorship candidate because he had the brain, character, integrity and ability to do a good job.

"Vote for the man that will give you solid development, happiness, hope and great progress in Lagos and in Nigeria.

"We have a President-elect from the party now, we have gotten victory and we will continue with the progress that Nigeria deserves," Tinubu said.

He noted that in the last 16 years, the state had been fair to all tribes.

" In 2011, when Jimi Agbaje asked me to give him the governorship ticket, I told him he was not qualified and I told him I was going to support a man of character and sound mind, which is Fashola.

" Since then, Fashola has performed tremendously well and has not been sentimental, especially against the Igbos," he said.

Fashola also urged residents to vote Ambode saying that the state must not remain in opposition to the centre.

"We are 5.8 million on the voters register and I will want three million votes for Ambode.

"Put ethnic sentiments aside, there will be no discrimination.

"As your governor, I have defended you every time you have been intimidated without discrimination.

Fashola said that Buhari  had promised to compensate the state for all federal government assets it had maintained.

"That sign of compensation is already here and I know you won't want to miss it," he said.

Ambode also solicited support from the people urging them to vote APC as they did on March 28.

"I want to say a big thank you to you all; March 28 was historic for Lagosians, we said we wanted change and we made it possible.

" I urge you to repeat that on Saturday.

"We are united on one cause, we will not discriminate against anyone.

" We are all one, be you Yoruba, Hausa and Igbo; that is how we will remain forever, " he said.

Ambode urged Lagos residents to consider the possibilities they stood to gain with APC being the party at the centre.

Also present at the rally were Gov. Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers, Chief Audu Ogbeh, Sen. Chris Ngige, and the APC National Chairman, Chief John Oyegun, among others. 

VOTE AKINWUNMI AMBODE.
VOTE APC.

#Ambode2015

Eko o ni baje ooo...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Too Important For Apc To Loose - Buhari by AbetterLagos: 12:12pm On Apr 08, 2015
You simply cannot save Nigeria from PDP and then burden Lagos with the same evil. That is not a rational way of thinking. My people consider benefits of being in sync with the federal government as expressed by the President-elect. Vote Akinwunmi Ambode!

Eko o ni Baje!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Too Important For Apc To Loose - Buhari by AdekunleBal: 12:15pm On Apr 08, 2015
The PDP is evil. Nigerians have now been saved. Lagos must not let this party possess it. It'd be hard to exorcise o. Please let's vote APC for continuity in Lagos State.

#AMBO2015 EKO O NI BAJE!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Too Important For Apc To Loose - Buhari by shewenzy: 12:18pm On Apr 08, 2015
Yes oh my fellow lagosians, Banky has spoken well, lagos is too important for a APC to lose o, but we can all do this together by voting for progress,for continuity in the good works, so like this everything will move on well
Imagine APC in the federal level and also in the state level, it will be easier to work together to make lagos a better place.
So lagosians let's splash Akinwunmi Ambode(APC) our vote on the 11th of April 2015 this saturday for Governor of lagos state, no more time to think, lets give it our best

Ambode noni
#Ambo2015
#APC
APC rules

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Too Important For Apc To Loose - Buhari by opositive(m): 12:19pm On Apr 08, 2015
Make no mistake, PDP is all out to get their claws into Lagos, now that they've lost at the federal level. Let's not fall for their agenda. I am voting for AMBODE, the right man for the job
Re: Lagos Too Important For Apc To Loose - Buhari by MichaelKukus: 12:20pm On Apr 08, 2015
You can't run to be governor of Lagos on the strength of one achievement: one  branch pharmacy. I'd rather vote for HealthPlus owners. JK is not OK. Vote for A+.

Akinwunmi Ambode was groomed, and he re-groomed himself as the best candidate for the office of Governor of Lagos. His qualifications and achievements surpass JK's by an astounding margin.

Please let us vote the outstanding over mediocrity.

#AMBO2015 EKO O NI BAJE
Re: Lagos Too Important For Apc To Loose - Buhari by PelumiOrungbe: 12:26pm On Apr 08, 2015
A seamless understanding to build Lagos has been reached between GMB & AMBO. It is now left for us to make it possible #iWillVoteAMBO. EKO O NI BAJE.
Re: Lagos Too Important For Apc To Loose - Buhari by Theofficialseun: 12:27pm On Apr 08, 2015
Lai lai
APC can't even lose this one, we own this already, maybe in another four years we can be predicting this, but for now APC rules, we are winning this election, no APC, no party people
Let's not vote to regret but instead, let's vote to regain our lost resources back, there's no place like home, PDP can only make it worse
So let's vote wisely lagosians.

Eko o ni baje oooooo

Vote AKINWUNMI AMBODE
VOTE APC!!
Re: Lagos Too Important For Apc To Loose - Buhari by ultimatum: 12:30pm On Apr 08, 2015
Lagos state's former account general Akinwunmi Ambode has proven to be phenomenal in his service to Lagosians. You simply do not accend to such a commanding post in government by exhibiting traits of mediocrity. Only the best and those who work well and truly hard accend to such heights.

Akinwunmi Ambode is beyond competent. A simple glimpse of his biography would give a better understanding of who the genius really is.

I implore all to vote for this great Democrat come April 11 in a bid to continue the next phase astounding transformation of our beloved Lagos.

EKO O NI BAJE.
Re: Lagos Too Important For Apc To Loose - Buhari by KukusB: 12:34pm On Apr 08, 2015
Ambode helped Lagos survive when PDP denied Lagos its federal allocations. Many would have died but for the genius of the Lagos economic Team. Today, Lagos doesn't need the FG to survive. It is part of Ambode's legacy.

Don't let PDP use Lagos as their compensation and syphon all our wealth for personal gain with Bode George and the rest at the helm.

Let us be wise with our votes. #VoteAPC #VoteAmbode #VoteCompetence #VoteTransparency #VoteUnity. Lagos Is home to us all.

EKO O NI BAJE.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Too Important For Apc To Loose - Buhari by opositive(m): 12:41pm On Apr 08, 2015
PDP is only out to loot the remnants of the good work that Fashola has done for years. Lagos state had no support from the centre for 16 years. Now is the time to ensure that Lagos has full federal backing. Come Saturday, I am voting for Ambode
Re: Lagos Too Important For Apc To Loose - Buhari by ultimatum: 12:43pm On Apr 08, 2015
I urge the people of the Lagos state to vote for the APC on April 11 as Lagos will do better if it is in the same party with the Federal Government.

Lagos had been cheated of Federal Government projects like the 4th Mainland Bridge and the long-delayed light rail project.

If APC controlled both Lagos and the Federal Government, the projects would immediately take off.

People of Lagos should vote against the Peoples Democratic Party just as they did on Saturday.

Lagosians should remember that it was the PDP-led Federal Government that withheld Lagos State allocation for over 15 months and refused to release the funds even after the Supreme Court ordered the Federal Government to release the funds.

The former Accountant General of Lagos State said it was his efforts, coupled with those of former Governor Bola Tinubu, that ensured that Lagos Internally Generated Revenue grew to N20bn from N400m.

The people of Lagos will recall the way the PDP Federal Government ‘punished’ Lagos for creating the 37 Local Council Development Areas by withholding the allocation due to the state.

It was the ingenuity of the crack team of experts set up by the then Governor, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, that led to the development of the template on which Lagos, not only survived, but expanded the IGR. The IGR has since grown from a paltry N400m to over N20bn.

The task of governance is not for wishful thinkers and verbose speakers but for thinkers, strategists and tacticians. I want to plead with the people of Lagos not to gamble with our future. This is not the time for trial and error.

The people of Lagos must continue on the path of excellence, which the APC represents. Lagosians must vote for continuity on April 11.

By the grace of God, I believe that if the people of Lagos give Ambode this opportunity, He shall serve with sincerity, integrity and all the talents the Almighty has endowed him with.
Re: Lagos Too Important For Apc To Loose - Buhari by opositive(m): 1:01pm On Apr 08, 2015
Let us come together for change. Lagos state is too important to be left out in the cold again. Ambode is equipped with the skills, and experience to govern this state and continue the good work that Fashola started. Who better to allocate our resources than a proven and well-educated accountant, who also has experience serving the state for over 20 years? Lagos state is the model of the new Nigeria we all want, a detribalised community where everyone is working together towards development. Now because of politics, they want to sow discord among us and anger our Igbo brothers.

My people, be wise! Do not be used as a pawn in their dirty game of politics. Come Saturday, vote change, vote APC, Vote AMBODE. cool
Re: Lagos Too Important For Apc To Loose - Buhari by Ladi4sure: 1:07pm On Apr 08, 2015
Bode George - Ex Convict
Buruji Kashamu - Wanted in the US for drug related offences
Omisore - Accused of murder
Obanikoro - Heard on tape planning to rig an election

These are the people that would be handed the keys to Lagos if JK wins. Please Lagos is too important to lose
Re: Lagos Too Important For Apc To Loose - Buhari by onyenkuzii: 1:38pm On Apr 08, 2015
AMBO ooh AMBO x2ce
Eko se bere ni oh AMBO

Tinubu started BRT, Fashola finished, Fashola has started dry construction let's allow Ambode finish it....... That is what CONTINUITY means. Let's allow the good work that is being done on Lagos to continue
Re: Lagos Too Important For Apc To Loose - Buhari by ChukwudiObiano: 1:54pm On Apr 08, 2015
For 16 yrs. The FG has stopped important projects in Lagos and has withheld federal allocation from Lagos. The only reason Fashola was able to develop Lagos without support from FG was because of high IGR. This high IGR was gotten because of the good work of one man.... The accountant general of Lagos AKINWUNMI AMBODE. PDP is getting flushed out of Nigeria, don't let them bring their SHIT to Lagos. AMBODE FOR GOVERNOR
Re: Lagos Too Important For Apc To Loose - Buhari by HarunaLukman: 1:59pm On Apr 08, 2015
Agbaje in the private sector- hasn't expanded his pharmacy from one branch since 1983

Agbaje in the public sector- highest role occupied... Head of pharmacist association

This man is too inexperienced to govern Lagos. We cannot allow someone to come and use Lagos to learn. Not when we have somebody with 27 years experience in the public sector.

Come Saturday pls let's vote the right person
Why have OK, when you can have A+

AMBODE FOR GOVERNOR 2015
Re: Lagos Too Important For Apc To Loose - Buhari by DerinAdebayo: 2:05pm On Apr 08, 2015
BrandSmith consulting owned by Ambode has advised Akwa Ibom state government(a PDP state) if the opposition cannot help but use the man's experience and expertise.... How can we now waste his talent.

Ambode is the head and shoulders above the chemist. Let's all do the right thing on Saturday. Ambode for Governor pls. Eko o ni baje oh
Re: Lagos Too Important For Apc To Loose - Buhari by DerinAdebayo: 2:07pm On Apr 08, 2015
BrandSmith has also advised the rivers state government and other clients like The National Council of Registered Insurance Brokers (NCRIB)
Re: Lagos Too Important For Apc To Loose - Buhari by sammyj: 2:38pm On Apr 08, 2015
SAI BABA has spoken!!!

(1) (Reply)

Check Out This CV.... / Check Out 10 Things GMB Did When He Was The Military Head Of State / Free Ice Cream Given To Polling Officers, Security And Voters In Lekki.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.