Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,232 members, 7,880,883 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:34 AM

Obasanjo Still Remains The Best Ever! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Still Remains The Best Ever! (892 Views)

Obasanjo Still My Father, Says Kashamu / Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. / 'Though We Are From Different States, Nigeria Still Remains Our Continent' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Still Remains The Best Ever! by ayobase(m): 7:09pm On Jan 26, 2009
It is so saddening to realise
how we rendered useless of
equipment in our days.

I say it anywhere and I will continue
to say it.

'Obasanjo remains the ever BEST president
in Nigeria so far'

Yes,everyone has his shortcomings and weak points,
but Obasanjo proved himself worthy.
we all know how our economy was before he stepped in.
the 15% to 85%

Back to my point

I was at one of NEPA(PHCN) sub-stations 2days ago
in Abuja.couldnt believe what I was seeing.

Who said Obasanjo never try to actualise the dream
of power supply to our Naija.
Yes,the hero did.

Saw 450million worth of new(2006 brand) transformers,Circuit Breakers,
Current/Voltage transformers,inter alia left outside within the premisis

There,they experience raining,winter,sunny,dew, &, seasons

Those are just in A sub-station here in Abuja,
then I wonder what must be going on in
others that I have not been.

Remember the transformation he made
in hospitals,but the equipments he provided
with the hospital in Zaria after the
death of Stella beats my imagination.

Provided the hospital with the equivalent equipments
to that of the hospital where his wife died.

No one has to tavel abroad for medical needs except
through the hospital.

Obasanjo has shown himself as a good example.
where are we today since Obasanjo left.
Forward or backward?

Obansanjo still remains the best president ever had!!!

We want more of stubborn president like that.

Towards the the vision of 2020
obasanjo had made a bricklayed a
good/solid foundation.

Where are these new regime contribution
towards this building.
Re: Obasanjo Still Remains The Best Ever! by chiozor: 9:42am On May 22, 2009
yes i agree with you, OBJ is far better than the snail modeled Yardua,
Re: Obasanjo Still Remains The Best Ever! by Eziachi: 10:19am On May 22, 2009
Yes Sir!!!!
In the land of the sycophants, morons, scalliwarts and nonentities, the worst can become the best.
Re: Obasanjo Still Remains The Best Ever! by ikeyman00(m): 11:22am On May 22, 2009
again u see the slowpoke are so used to celebrating criminal

it in their genes lipsrsealed
Re: Obasanjo Still Remains The Best Ever! by OneNaija(m): 11:34am On May 22, 2009
Which day Nigerians go get sense. Obj wen kill fela mama or na which obj na be the best president. e be like say ur head nur dey work well
Re: Obasanjo Still Remains The Best Ever! by ud4u: 11:39am On May 22, 2009
@ poster

As you rightly said for you he is the best president, that one na for your pocket.

But for me we have never had the best president so far.
Re: Obasanjo Still Remains The Best Ever! by mogentle(m): 12:23pm On May 22, 2009
@poster,
You could be right by saying Obasanjo is the best president so far in Naija, But what can we say about a very Good Businessman who is about to retire and now go ahead to impose a slowpoke with no sense of achievement to champion his business?
Please know this, such a man is a fool. His achievement will be eroded and written off in the heart of people and they will see more of his evil deeds.
A good leader should be able to discover a good successor. For example, Tinubu may have his own shortcomings when in governance, but he was able to discover a continuity spirit in Fashola who the whole world is praising today.
No matter what Tinubu might have done wrong, people will tend to close their eyes because his successor is getting it right.
Yaradua is a disgrace to all the achievement of OBJ and I know OBJ will never be happy an inch with the Zero achiement status of this worthless govt. But He fixed them there, Who will he blame?
Re: Obasanjo Still Remains The Best Ever! by ikeyman00(m): 12:26pm On May 22, 2009
these yorubas lipsrsealed
Re: Obasanjo Still Remains The Best Ever! by mogentle(m): 12:47pm On May 22, 2009
ikeyman00:

What about them.
Re: Obasanjo Still Remains The Best Ever! by Backslider(m): 1:05pm On May 22, 2009
ikeyman00:

Good or Bad Specimen?
Just gather us all up and excute us NAZI style then IBO, HAUSA and the other tribes will live in peace.
Re: Obasanjo Still Remains The Best Ever! by ikeyman00(m): 1:11pm On May 22, 2009
grin who is the ibo? backslide[/b]r

ur usename alone scared fuk out of me

anyway we igbo are [b]frontsliders
hahha
Re: Obasanjo Still Remains The Best Ever! by jimmysho(m): 1:52pm On May 22, 2009
what the poster is saying is among all the presidents that nigeria has ever had.

we ve them(presidents) from shagari till date.

remember we stated presidential system after the adoption 1979 constitution
Re: Obasanjo Still Remains The Best Ever! by mustafar1: 2:18pm On May 22, 2009
OK. if you say so lipsrsealed
Re: Obasanjo Still Remains The Best Ever! by Backslider(m): 4:32pm On May 22, 2009
Sorry Oh my brother Ikeyman00

Igbo I have corrected myself.

Now help me who is a true Igbo and please cant you find a way where we can kill off all yorubas?

@ more important issues

The fact is that OBJ is one man individually I respect not just as a president but as a true patriot.

The thing with most soldiers is that they are not good with public relation and this is where OBJ got his "stubbornness" from.

To my mind Obasanjo has done well in so many areas and if we look at the areas of power supply where all Nigerians sit on the Judgment seat to Judge him without any empirical evidence of theft of our money.

Now Obasanjo is a unionist and so he looks at Nigeria from a unitary point of view. He fought as a soldier to unite Nigeria and criticized babangida and Abacha in his days in ota before he went to prison. Abacha knew the strength of OBJ and decided to deal with OBJ.

OBJ was kept in solitary confinement for 4 years and given the beating of his life. I thought that OBJ would die soon  after he left but alas he came out and became the president. One thing that strikes me is that this man that was tortured and treated badly by the army he loved and country he fought for did not witch hunt the army.

I was surprised to see in the dailies that he OBJ was presenting a flag to Sanni Abacha's Son on behalf of his father.

GENERAL OBASANJO IS A GREAT SOLDIER ELDER STATESMAN.

Now to the Power issue.

OBJ was too eager to solve the problem and he thought spending the money will solve the problem. He underestimated Nigerians he probably thought there were still righteous Nigerians in the majority the way he left power in the late 70's.

He never made any mistake in putting Yaradua nope I disagree. In the civil service we have a brigade of looters that they so sophisticated that you would wonder.

My Problem with Obj rather is the fact that he failed to see that he needed to have built a militant few. He should have focused on a core of Nigerians.

When building a new society you must work with a few and it will catch fire with the slothful lot. If you try to carry everybody along you are wasting your time. Nigeria has been corrupted and that was the problem. You can spend money to buy ten transformer and supply, if your technocrats say they are not good or they did not receive them what do you then?

Yar adua thinks moving slow and taking stock will help. Can you blame him? He wants to come out Good and have the semblance that he is not corrupt. Some people reputation is worth their life to them. To OBJ he did not care and if you listened to the interview Obj had on hard talk you would get what I am saying.
Re: Obasanjo Still Remains The Best Ever! by chidichris(m): 8:20pm On May 23, 2009
The fact is that OBJ is one man individually I respect not just as a president but as a true patriot.

The thing with most soldiers is that they are not good with public relation and this is where OBJ got his "stubbornness" from.

To my mind Obasanjo has done well in so many areas and if we look at the areas of power supply where all Nigerians sit on the Judgment seat to Judge him without any empirical evidence of theft of our money.

Now Obasanjo is a unionist and so he looks at Nigeria from a unitary point of view. He fought as a soldier to unite Nigeria and criticized babangida and Abacha in his days in ota before he went to prison. Abacha knew the strength of OBJ and decided to deal with OBJ.

OBJ was kept in solitary confinement for 4 years and given the beating of his life. I thought that OBJ would die soon after he left but alas he came out and became the president. One thing that strikes me is that this man that was tortured and treated badly by the army he loved and country he fought for did not witch hunt the army.

I was surprised to see in the dailies that he OBJ was presenting a flag to Sanni Abacha's Son on behalf of his father.

Now to the Power issue.

OBJ was too eager to solve the problem and he thought spending the money will solve the problem. He underestimated Nigerians he probably thought there were still righteous Nigerians in the majority the way he left power in the late 70's.

He never made any mistake in putting Yaradua nope I disagree. In the civil service we have a brigade of looters that they so sophisticated that you would wonder.

My Problem with Obj rather is the fact that he failed to see that he needed to have built a militant few. He should have focused on a core of Nigerians.

When building a new society you must work with a few and it will catch fire with the slothful lot. If you try to carry everybody along you are wasting your time. Nigeria has been corrupted and that was the problem. You can spend money to buy ten transformer and supply, if your technocrats say they are not good or they did not receive them what do you then?

Yar adua thinks moving slow and taking stock will help. Can you blame him? He wants to come out Good and have the semblance that he is not corrupt. Some people reputation is worth their life to them. To OBJ he did not care and if you listened to the interview Obj had on hard talk you would get what I am saying.

@backslider,
what is the meaning of a unionist?
with ur low level of reasoning, lenghty write ups like this can go a long way in exposing ur inabilities?
how many presidents have nigeria seen? who among them is obj better than?
if a president had 8 yrs and cld not fix power problems, is it because of lack of funds or that the problem is beyond solution?
is sleeping with his son's wife part of his goodness?
nigeria's major problems before 1999 are election, power supply , secuirty, lack of basic armenities, sound education and corruption so which of the above mentioned problems was solved in obj's 8 yrs?
obj's much talked about war on corruption cld only catch, alams, tafa balogun while ribadu kept on telling us that 31 govs are corrupt among whom two are president and vice today with millions of public criminals in his carbinet.
pls point out to those areas in which obj made u proud so that as fellow nigerians can see with u.
Re: Obasanjo Still Remains The Best Ever! by rasputinn(m): 8:24pm On May 23, 2009
That is a very sad testimony as regards the quality of leaders we've had
Re: Obasanjo Still Remains The Best Ever! by AloyEmeka9: 8:07am On May 24, 2009
Best in what? undecided
Re: Obasanjo Still Remains The Best Ever! by anwo247: 12:15am On May 25, 2009
1. OBJ is the best in imposing an unprepared Yaradua to lead us ( no agenda: still studying the economy?)[/color]
2. The best hypocritical thief.
3. The best Authocratic civilian president
4. The best in turning Ota farm that could not produce two eggs in 1999 to a mega million investment by 2006
5. The best in abandoning Lagos/Benin Road, as much as he did to others in South East
6. The best in abandoning all federal roads in Lagos.
7.The best in selling goverment investment to his cohorts/ and could not give us electricity for 8 years
8. The best in travelling abroad more than he stays in Aso Rock and yet never sees anything good in rule of law of the WEST to bring home.
9. The best in institutionalising election as a 'do or die affair'
10. The best that could not finish his tenure for 8 years and wanted another 4, and possibly for rever. Never change a wining TEAM[color=#990000]
Re: Obasanjo Still Remains The Best Ever! by beavers007(m): 10:02am On May 25, 2009
Backslider:

Sorry Oh my brother Ikeyman00

Igbo I have corrected myself.

Now help me who is a true Igbo and please cant you find a way where we can kill off all yorubas?

@ more important issues

OBJ was kept in solitary confinement for 4 years and given the beating of his life. I thought that OBJ would die soon  after he left but alas he came out and became the president. One thing that strikes me is that this man that was tortured and treated badly by the army he loved and country he fought for did not witch hunt the army.

Now to the Power issue.

Insightful presentation here! I think you hit the nail on the head.
Re: Obasanjo Still Remains The Best Ever! by zinco: 3:21pm On May 28, 2009
obj can never be the best ever my friend
Re: Obasanjo Still Remains The Best Ever! by ikeyman00(m): 5:46pm On May 28, 2009
oduduwa cant help clebrating criminals cool
Re: Obasanjo Still Remains The Best Ever! by dedeike: 11:37am On Jun 07, 2009
[b][/b]nigeria will be a very nice place if we have people who will always say the truth,the problem is that nigerians are very malleable,the press are very biased,how can somebody argue with this my sincere brother?obasanjo remains and will be the best nigerian president in yrs to come.the truth could be bitter at times but it does stop us from saying it.
Re: Obasanjo Still Remains The Best Ever! by ifele(m): 2:07am On Jun 12, 2009
Stop celebrating the criminals we need good leaders. Watch out they are the Iluminati agents.
Re: Obasanjo Still Remains The Best Ever! by tymoti(m): 1:39pm On Jun 12, 2009
Nigerians have very shallow memory, they have forgotten so quickly the sins this man committed.

May God help us
Re: Obasanjo Still Remains The Best Ever! by SegzyJoe(m): 2:02pm On Jun 12, 2009
@ tymoti
rather you too shallow to think about the magnitude of forces he had to contend with to achieve what no president military or civilian has ever achieved in our short history.

It is a pity Nigerians celebrates mediocrity because most of them are mediocres
Re: Obasanjo Still Remains The Best Ever! by SegzyJoe(m): 2:07pm On Jun 12, 2009
@ikeymann00
I think you re an ethnic bigot. You need to grow up, hatred is not a virtue.

(1) (Reply)

Lastma Official Jailed 4 Collecting Bribe! / Ibb Grooms Son For Governor / Letter To Bode George ( By Femi Falana )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.