Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,159 members, 7,890,925 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 01:30 AM

Police Reform Group Begs Buhari To Sack IGP Abba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Reform Group Begs Buhari To Sack IGP Abba (1121 Views)

Plot To Sack IGP, Arase, Thickens - Nigerian Tribune / Jonathan Under Pressure To Sack IGP / Buhari Set To Sack IGP Abba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Reform Group Begs Buhari To Sack IGP Abba by Gr8amechi: 3:57pm On Apr 08, 2015
The Network on Police Reform In Nigeria, NOPRIN, on Wednesday demanded the sack ofthe Inspector-General of Police, Suleiman Abba, the leadership of the Department of State Security Service, DSS, and all the service chiefs in the country in order to overhaul the entire security system of the nation.The organisation listed several sins against Abba including human rights abuse and corruption while saying the entire security system has been politicised.Inspector General of Police, Suleiman AbbaAt a press conference held in Lagos, southwest Nigeria, and led by its National Co-ordinator, Nwanguma Okechukwu, the civilsociety group championing reforms for the police, also asked Nigeria’s President-elect, General Muhammadu Buhari, to ensure that hereconciled all committee reports for the reform of the police and other security agencies in the country.“All service chiefs, the Director of SSS, the Inspector-General of Police and all heads of similarly compromised security services as well as senior officers who have been politically exposed should be retired compulsorily to restore integrity and professionalism in our security services.“They clearly showed their loyalty is, not to thelaw, not to the Nigerian people, through their elected representatives but solely to the executive and the ruling party,” the organisation said.Among other things, the organisation urged Buhari to also support a reform to stipulate leadership qualifications and “entrench competence, integrity and effectiveness, ensure operational autonomy and insulate thepolice leadership from political control.”The group further re-presented a report on Police Reform in Nigeria, which it said it first presented to President Goodluck Jonathan in 2012 but which had not been considered to date.
source:http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/04/08/police-reform-group-begs-buhari-to-sack-igp-abba/
Re: Police Reform Group Begs Buhari To Sack IGP Abba by amsoslim(m): 3:59pm On Apr 08, 2015
Re: Police Reform Group Begs Buhari To Sack IGP Abba by Nobody: 4:01pm On Apr 08, 2015
great
Re: Police Reform Group Begs Buhari To Sack IGP Abba by Elslim: 4:04pm On Apr 08, 2015
Seconded!
Re: Police Reform Group Begs Buhari To Sack IGP Abba by theV0ice: 4:04pm On Apr 08, 2015
Who ask una??

Let him be sworn in first na?? What's the hurry to be 'first to mention it'?
Re: Police Reform Group Begs Buhari To Sack IGP Abba by ramdris(m): 4:08pm On Apr 08, 2015
I agree. The man is too partisan.
Re: Police Reform Group Begs Buhari To Sack IGP Abba by fair14: 4:11pm On Apr 08, 2015
Let make reasonable requests from the president elect. Let's no start causing issue for him
Re: Police Reform Group Begs Buhari To Sack IGP Abba by Mrbigman1(m): 4:15pm On Apr 08, 2015
Buhari don rule finish even before swearing in.

D man go really suffer, shey fayose told him dat, he Wnt get 2 hrs sleep daily and dis just d beginning.

Buhari should please come stop dis warri boys wey dey smoke weed with greatest impunity of all time. then, I need a wife but before den, find me money to hold body first.

Buhari I dey wait

1 Like

Re: Police Reform Group Begs Buhari To Sack IGP Abba by Gr8amechi: 4:44pm On Apr 08, 2015
Mrbigman1:
Buhari don rule finish even before swearing in.

D man go really suffer, shey fayose told him dat, he Wnt get 2 hrs sleep daily and dis just d beginning.

Buhari should please come stop dis warri boys wey dey smoke weed with greatest impunity of all time. then, I need a wife but before den, find me money to hold body first.

Buhari I dey wait
guy relax it hasn't gotten to that

1 Like

Re: Police Reform Group Begs Buhari To Sack IGP Abba by Mrbigman1(m): 4:51pm On Apr 08, 2015
Gr8amechi:
guy relax it hasn't gotten to that

Na u talk am oh.

(1) (Reply)

Throwback Pic Of Buhari When He Was Decorated As A Major General / ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba / Photos: Meet General Buhari’s Beautiful Daughter, Safina Buhari.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.