Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,554 members, 7,972,093 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 11:27 PM

We Are Taking Appropriate Action On Akiolu – DSS. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Taking Appropriate Action On Akiolu – DSS. (1845 Views)

Fashola Angry With Enugu Legislators Action On Eedc / We Are Taking Appropriate Action In Akiolu – DSS / We Are Taking Appropriate Action On Akiolu – DSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are Taking Appropriate Action On Akiolu – DSS. by PhockPhockMan: 4:13am On Apr 09, 2015
The Department of State Services has said that it is taking appropriate action over the alleged threat of Ndigbo in Lagos by Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu.

Answering questions at the National Information Centre in Abuja on Wednesday, spokesperson for the secret service, Marylyn Ogar, said the service was handling the matter though she refused to give the details of the action being taken.

Ogar said, “We are taking appropriate action. Yesterday, the service had once again warned all Nigerians not to stoke the embers of discord within the country.

“If the presidential election had come and gone successfully, we wouldn’t want people to begin to whip up sentiments unnecessarily. So we are handling it.”

Meanwhile, Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State has directed a committee comprising notable traditional rulers in the state to meet with Oba Akiolu over the monarch’s recent death threat to Ndigbo resident in Lagos State.

Following widespread reactions to the monarch’s warning to Ndigbo in Lagos to either vote the APC governorship candidate in the state, Akinwunmi Ambode, or risk imminent death in the lagoon, Okorocha charged the committee, which will be led by the chairman of the Imo State Council of Traditional Rulers, Eze Samuel Ohiri, with the task of resolving the matter immediately.

The committee is expected to have a one-on-one discussion with Akiolu over the threat and to extract a commitment from him.

The governor, who is also the chairman of the APC Governors’ Forum, noted that it was not enough to accept Akiolu’s denial of threatening Ndigbo without traditional rulers from the South-East meeting with him to discuss the controversy and the way forward in the long existing relationship between the Igbo in Lagos and their host community.

Also, the Imo State Peoples Democratic Party officially reacted to Akiolu’s utterance on Wednesday.

The party described the monarch’s threat to Ndigbo as an empty, malicious and unwarranted threat.

In a statement released by the party, a copy of which was made available to one of our correspondents, the Imo PDP condemned the death threat, saying it was unacceptable.

The party wondered why a monarch would be speaking for a political party.

It urged Ndigbo resident in Lagos and other parts of the country to come out en masse and vote according to their conscience on Saturday.

Copyright PUNCH.All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.

http://www.punchng.com/news/we-are-taking-appropriate-action-on-akiolu-dss/
Re: We Are Taking Appropriate Action On Akiolu – DSS. by eleko1: 4:19am On Apr 09, 2015
undecided Wetin Una do Asari,Gani Idamu angry sad ?.Make Una lif Akinolu and face front.Useless pipu

4 Likes

Re: We Are Taking Appropriate Action On Akiolu – DSS. by Nobody: 4:22am On Apr 09, 2015
Toothless bulldog undecided
Re: We Are Taking Appropriate Action On Akiolu – DSS. by 2mch(m): 4:24am On Apr 09, 2015
Shouting from Abuja. Go to Lagos Island and perform some action. The people wey match una size de wait.

5 Likes

Re: We Are Taking Appropriate Action On Akiolu – DSS. by raumdeuter: 4:39am On Apr 09, 2015
Wetin DSS wan do?

The Oba has said it, Go ahead and do your worst

DSS ko JS3 ni

6 Likes

Re: We Are Taking Appropriate Action On Akiolu – DSS. by dunkem21(m): 4:56am On Apr 09, 2015
grin

1 Like

Re: We Are Taking Appropriate Action On Akiolu – DSS. by whitecat1: 5:05am On Apr 09, 2015
You will keep taking action in your head cos he's untouchable!

2 Likes

Re: We Are Taking Appropriate Action On Akiolu – DSS. by ElekeNtioba: 5:11am On Apr 09, 2015
Knowing the DSS and their appetite for torture and brutality, I appeal to them to treat the old man gently. He had a moment of stupidity bt is nt worth d DSS "handling" his matter.

Those of u calling DSS' bluff...hw many of u would u take ur loony oba's place in the guardroom.

2 Likes

Re: We Are Taking Appropriate Action On Akiolu – DSS. by Macelliot(m): 5:20am On Apr 09, 2015
He has been forgiven. Lets forget about it.
eleko1:
undecided Wetin Una do Asari,Gani Idamu angry sad ?.Make Una lif Akinolu and face front.Useless pipu
Guy, grow up! Who dash you Nokia touch?
Re: We Are Taking Appropriate Action On Akiolu – DSS. by theV0ice: 5:21am On Apr 09, 2015
ElekeNtioba:
Knowing the DSS and their appetite for torture and brutality, I appeal to them to treat the old man gently. He had a moment of stupidity bt is nt worth d DSS "handling" his matter.

The way they tortured Gani Adams, Asari, Tompolo etc abi?

1 Like

Re: We Are Taking Appropriate Action On Akiolu – DSS. by Macelliot(m): 5:21am On Apr 09, 2015
whitecat1:
You will keep taking action in your head cos he/s untouchable!
Is he god?
Re: We Are Taking Appropriate Action On Akiolu – DSS. by ElekeNtioba: 5:30am On Apr 09, 2015
theV0ice:

Exactly...when the DSS say they are 'handling' ur matter. Thats just a euphemism to say they putting u thru the most inventive torture known to mankind.

Oba might be deranged bt he doesnt deserve it.

NB: only Asari dat I'm aware was tortured. Gani was just arrested and cautioned. Tompolo was never captured....his juju no be here.
Re: We Are Taking Appropriate Action On Akiolu – DSS. by PedroJP(m): 5:31am On Apr 09, 2015
Rubbish Oba has received bashing of his life since devil will pinish him to apologise. So, no need for any serious legal action. Dem need comot cap for his head or better still, go drown him in dat lagoon.
Re: We Are Taking Appropriate Action On Akiolu – DSS. by DahtzFestjayz: 5:38am On Apr 09, 2015
What of FFK, Okupe and Fayose taking shots at Buhari? Still taking order from GEJ maybe. You are Just Kidding.
Re: We Are Taking Appropriate Action On Akiolu – DSS. by omusiliyu(m): 5:40am On Apr 09, 2015
Didnt he share from the egunje that GEJ gave to south west monarchs?
Re: We Are Taking Appropriate Action On Akiolu – DSS. by whitecat1: 5:40am On Apr 09, 2015
He is a deity and you will soon find out!

Macelliot:

Is he god?
Re: We Are Taking Appropriate Action On Akiolu – DSS. by whitecat1: 5:40am On Apr 09, 2015
He is and you will soon find out!

Macelliot:

Is he god?

1 Like

Re: We Are Taking Appropriate Action On Akiolu – DSS. by omenka(m): 5:42am On Apr 09, 2015
Mrylin Ogar right now would be much more concerned about searching for a favourable country to seek asylum than bothering herself with the Oba's pronouncement. The noose is fast tightening around her neck and she knows it.
Re: We Are Taking Appropriate Action On Akiolu – DSS. by tit(f): 5:43am On Apr 09, 2015
the oloris are very unhappy with oba!
Oba pissed on the bed last night.
fear is catching him.
he does not want to spends the night in SARS if anybody is found floating on the lagoon!

sorry, oba. kpolokpolo!

1 Like

Re: We Are Taking Appropriate Action On Akiolu – DSS. by eleko1: 5:53am On Apr 09, 2015
I dnt exchange argument with a teen.
Macelliot:

I believe u are still spoon feed by ur parent.Goat
Re: We Are Taking Appropriate Action On Akiolu – DSS. by SerialMan: 5:54am On Apr 09, 2015
Dem get mind to do that?
Re: We Are Taking Appropriate Action On Akiolu – DSS. by Nobody: 5:57am On Apr 09, 2015
Please DSS should leave the man for us to handle ooooo. We wan teacher am lesson!
Re: We Are Taking Appropriate Action On Akiolu – DSS. by Nutase: 6:03am On Apr 09, 2015
rufai okorocha
Re: We Are Taking Appropriate Action On Akiolu – DSS. by eleko1: 6:08am On Apr 09, 2015
I dey wait ur reply b4 I leave out now.
Macelliot:

Imbe.cile angry
Re: We Are Taking Appropriate Action On Akiolu – DSS. by bunmioguns(m): 6:09am On Apr 09, 2015
shocked
Re: We Are Taking Appropriate Action On Akiolu – DSS. by Pheals(f): 6:10am On Apr 09, 2015
u people shld go and learn how to swin because lagoob lng small
Re: We Are Taking Appropriate Action On Akiolu – DSS. by Macelliot(m): 6:12am On Apr 09, 2015
eleko1:
I dnt exchange argument with a teen.I believe u are still spoon feed by ur parent.Goat
You think say I be Yoruba?
when did you left ur father's house?
Re: We Are Taking Appropriate Action On Akiolu – DSS. by Macelliot(m): 6:12am On Apr 09, 2015
whitecat1:
He is and you will soon find out!

Blasphemy!
Re: We Are Taking Appropriate Action On Akiolu – DSS. by eleko1: 6:13am On Apr 09, 2015
I tire ooo.Those are tin gods.
theV0ice:

U dey mind that one sad
Re: We Are Taking Appropriate Action On Akiolu – DSS. by Macelliot(m): 6:13am On Apr 09, 2015
whitecat1:
He is a deity and you will soon find out!

A human deity?
Guy grow up! AFRICAN MENTALLITY?
Re: We Are Taking Appropriate Action On Akiolu – DSS. by whitecat1: 6:22am On Apr 09, 2015
You can go die oo!

Macelliot:

A human deity?
Guy grow up! AFRICAN MENTALLITY?
Re: We Are Taking Appropriate Action On Akiolu – DSS. by eleko1: 6:23am On Apr 09, 2015
U are still a kid.U can come to Marinaand see the person U want to trade insult with.
Macelliot:

You think say I be Yoruba?
when did you left ur father's house?
U are probably in ur primary 5/6 when I received my NYSC cert in 1998.U are a kid

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo Of APC casket been paraded by PDP during victory March today in Riverstate / Ben Bruce Activities And Cramjones Initial Release... Former Employee's Opinion / Has Anyone Seen The Giant Python Of Ihiala? Well, Here Is One...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.