Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,955 members, 7,873,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:25 AM

Nigerian Gay Rights Activist Bisi Alimi’s Tale Of How His Family Cut Him Off - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Gay Rights Activist Bisi Alimi’s Tale Of How His Family Cut Him Off (1145 Views)

It Is Not Your Responsibility To Take Care Of Your Parents -Bisi Alimi / ‘Family Cut Me Off Because I Married A Woman On Wheelchair’ / Ejechi Paul Died In His Room Yesterday Please Help Locate His Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Gay Rights Activist Bisi Alimi’s Tale Of How His Family Cut Him Off by pTomz(m): 12:46pm On Apr 09, 2015
Bisi Alimi, 40, is an LGBT (Lesbian Gay
Bisexual Trans) advocate. In an Instagram
post shared yesterday, he recalls how his
family cut off contact with him three years
ago.
Though his instagram fans commented their support http://www.bellanaija.com/2015/04/09/nigerian-gay-rights-activist-bisi-alimis-tale-of-how-his-family-cut-him-off/

Re: Nigerian Gay Rights Activist Bisi Alimi’s Tale Of How His Family Cut Him Off by ammyluv2002(f): 12:50pm On Apr 09, 2015
He's always looking for sympathy especially on social media undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Gay Rights Activist Bisi Alimi’s Tale Of How His Family Cut Him Off by pTomz(m): 12:56pm On Apr 09, 2015
Once a f@g, always a f@g

i learnt he n his husband adopted a babyundecided
Re: Nigerian Gay Rights Activist Bisi Alimi’s Tale Of How His Family Cut Him Off by 2goodbobo(m): 7:01pm On Apr 09, 2015
Thunder fire you. useless mofo. If i were your family member, na rat poison i go put for your food tongue

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Gay Rights Activist Bisi Alimi’s Tale Of How His Family Cut Him Off by Nobody: 7:20pm On Apr 09, 2015
Most Nigerians are highly homophobic.
Useless holier than thou hypocrites.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Gay Rights Activist Bisi Alimi’s Tale Of How His Family Cut Him Off by tpiadotcom: 7:20pm On Apr 09, 2015
Re: Nigerian Gay Rights Activist Bisi Alimi’s Tale Of How His Family Cut Him Off by Nobody: 7:28pm On Apr 09, 2015
ammyluv2002:
He's always looking for sympathy especially on social media undecided undecided
Narrating his story has equated it to sympathy?.
Last time I checked, he posted it on his instagram profile which solely belongs to him and hungry bloggers helped to disseminate the news - not like he begged them.

Wow! Nigerians and their ways of interpreting things just because he's gay.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Gay Rights Activist Bisi Alimi’s Tale Of How His Family Cut Him Off by ammyluv2002(f): 7:38pm On Apr 09, 2015
Vickybee:

Narrating his story has equated it to sympathy?.
Last time I checked, he posted it on his instagram profile which solely belongs to him and hungry bloggers helped to disseminate the news - not like he begged them.

Wow! Nigerians and their ways of interpreting things just because he's gay.
undecided
Re: Nigerian Gay Rights Activist Bisi Alimi’s Tale Of How His Family Cut Him Off by mystiqueDZ(f): 8:13pm On Apr 09, 2015
Awww poor baby.....hopefully they will come around!
Re: Nigerian Gay Rights Activist Bisi Alimi’s Tale Of How His Family Cut Him Off by jmoore(m): 8:15pm On Apr 09, 2015
Vickybee:

We were born that way. "Homophobes" ain't a choice. grin grin

Btw, the word homophobic was invented to attract sympathy to gays.

I don't hate gays neither do I fear them, but their gay lifestyle is what I detest. Homosexuality is insanity.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Gay Rights Activist Bisi Alimi’s Tale Of How His Family Cut Him Off by tpiadotcom: 8:17pm On Apr 09, 2015
Re: Nigerian Gay Rights Activist Bisi Alimi’s Tale Of How His Family Cut Him Off by Nobody: 8:29pm On Apr 09, 2015
jmoore:

We were born that way. "Homophobes" ain't a choice. grin grin

Btw, the word homophobic was invented to attract sympathy to gays.

I don't hate gays neither do I fear them, but their gay lifestyle is what I detest. Homosexuality is insanity.
No one is forcing people not to hate them but the crux is that we should free them to leave their life.

Some heterosexual men are free to detest their act. I might puke watching two guys kiss or have sex but I haven't seen any and I mind my business.

Same way their lifestyle disgusts you, gay men are likely to get disgusted seeing a man and a woman kissing but they are cool about it without reciprocating angrily/forcefully.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Gay Rights Activist Bisi Alimi’s Tale Of How His Family Cut Him Off by Afrobasic(m): 8:29pm On Apr 09, 2015
Attention seeker undecided

Idiosyncratic of gay people. angry
Re: Nigerian Gay Rights Activist Bisi Alimi’s Tale Of How His Family Cut Him Off by Nobody: 9:10pm On Apr 09, 2015
and those rubbish oyibos are encouraging d sick !diot
Re: Nigerian Gay Rights Activist Bisi Alimi’s Tale Of How His Family Cut Him Off by Nobody: 4:18pm On Apr 11, 2015
Vickybee:

No one is forcing people not to hate them but the crux is that we should free them to leave their life.

Some heterosexual men are free to detest their act. I might puke watching two guys kiss or have sex but I haven't seen any and I mind my business.

Same way their lifestyle disgusts you, gay men are likely to get disgusted seeing a man and a woman kissing but they are cool about it without reciprocating angrily/forcefully.

as far as i am concerned, ay people should be free to do whatever they want to do. But the problem i have with LGBT movement is their constant attempt to silence debates on the issue. They come and claim that homosexual tendencies are absolutely normal and that it is as ok as heterosexuallity. But by the time you want to engage them in a discussion on that, they will start calling you all kinds of names all in a bid to shut you up.

While we agree that gay people are free whatever they feel like, it is important that the debate on it be open until there are conclusive evidence to settle the issue.
Re: Nigerian Gay Rights Activist Bisi Alimi’s Tale Of How His Family Cut Him Off by Nobody: 4:25pm On Apr 11, 2015
Vickybee:

most pro-LGBT people are bestophobic and necrophobic people who's only ambition is to seize control of discourse and push others out of it.
Re: Nigerian Gay Rights Activist Bisi Alimi’s Tale Of How His Family Cut Him Off by NifemiOlu(m): 8:41pm On Apr 11, 2015
Ko kan aye...
Re: Nigerian Gay Rights Activist Bisi Alimi’s Tale Of How His Family Cut Him Off by pTomz(m): 11:35pm On Apr 11, 2015
bt those supporting him a mostly whites undecided

de see dis as normal

(1) (Reply)

Meet The African King With 100 Wives / Uganda's Uglist Becomes A Father For The 8th Time / Marriage Was Not Designed To Make You Happy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.