Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,419 members, 7,881,541 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:16 PM

What Actually Happened At Akiolu’s Palace; Why We Clapped, Laughed – Punch - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Actually Happened At Akiolu’s Palace; Why We Clapped, Laughed – Punch (7023 Views)

''I Have No Hand In Your Expulsion'' - Atiku Replies Akiolu / The Day Oil Was Discovered In Nigeria: We Clapped Like Fools / Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Actually Happened At Akiolu’s Palace; Why We Clapped, Laughed – Punch by Jesusloveyou: 8:45am On Apr 10, 2015
0coded80:
dont mind them, they think we are fools
indeed,why were they laughing and clapping for an insult,and that d insult were not made for ibos,but for those who were present.even foolish man,knows he was seriously joking.
Re: What Actually Happened At Akiolu’s Palace; Why We Clapped, Laughed – Punch by CyberWolf: 8:50am On Apr 10, 2015
Everybody saying it was a joke it was a joke..Yorubas are not gullible but plain wicked and evil for believing it was a joke angry...If it's a joke, why did the palace released a statement that evening claiming that Oba did not make such comment? When the audio came out, they said that it was doctored that Oba didn't say such, then the video came out and now they turn around saying it is joke
Oba you can deceive your gullible Yoruba subjects but not we the Igbos ..ediot angry
Re: What Actually Happened At Akiolu’s Palace; Why We Clapped, Laughed – Punch by seunfly: 8:51am On Apr 10, 2015
Controlled:
everybodi knows d Oba was only joking with his friends...but PDP use religion..tribe..everything to divide us... grin

They know that they can easily used it to convince the gullibles, I don't think anyone will think Yoruba people will fall for that but there are some people who can fall for it and they fell for it.

Either way PDP has done the damage and another crack had been opened, cos I don't think anybody give other tribe a political space and reliance in their domain again.

1 Like

Re: What Actually Happened At Akiolu’s Palace; Why We Clapped, Laughed – Punch by Nobody: 8:52am On Apr 10, 2015
he was joking and he openly said he has told jimi that he can never become the governor of Lagos state? these same people who are defending this man now was the same people who wanted to bring down heaven when PEJ made the stoning comment, forgetting that she was just joking with her supporters. hypocrisy is on the high in this country. I can't believe that some fools decide to shove the truth down their dirty ass and start vomiting lies.

1 Like

Re: What Actually Happened At Akiolu’s Palace; Why We Clapped, Laughed – Punch by AgentMS: 8:57am On Apr 10, 2015
Montaque:
that's not how it goes.
What is the essence of the electorate voting and the entire voting process if the traditional rulers can choose for all.

I do not support royal fathers having political leaning in anyway. Was there any condemnation of GEJ from the people crying wolf now, when he was dollarising royalties in SW? What right do they now have for criticising an oba for having a political leaning now?

However, there is no harm in them having a foresight to know which party will protect the interest of their land and ensure its progress, having taking into cognisance the performances of the various contending parties at various levels.

It will be a disservice to himself, ancestors, present residents within his domain and future generations to allow known hawkish crooks that had the opportunity to assist his domain for years but never did.

1 Like

Re: What Actually Happened At Akiolu’s Palace; Why We Clapped, Laughed – Punch by Montaque(m): 9:21am On Apr 10, 2015
AgentMS:

I do not support royal fathers having political leaning in anyway. Was there any condemnation of GEJ from the people crying wolf now, when he was dollarising royalties in SW? What right do they now have for criticising an oba for having a political leaning now?

However, there is no harm in them having a foresight to know which party will protect the interest of their land and ensure its progress, having taking into cognisance the performances of the various contending parties at various levels.

It will be a disservice to himself, ancestors, present residents within his domain and future generations to allow known hawkish crooks that had the opportunity to assist his domain for years but never did.

there was public criticism against sharing the dollars then, and I still condemn it now because you can't buy support n vote, you rather earn it. Anybody is free to have his opinion on the matter but objective people still reject such sentimental and money politics irrespective of tribe or religion. You will remember it was a pastor that exposed the thing the one for the pastors then.
If he has that forsight,he should channel it in the best way, thru democratic means, not threat.
He owe all of us a conducive democratic environment. What if every leader is allowed to lord it over their fans in terms of who to vote for, what will it be like?
Re: What Actually Happened At Akiolu’s Palace; Why We Clapped, Laughed – Punch by AgentMS: 9:26am On Apr 10, 2015
Montaque:
there was public criticism against sharing the dollars then, and I still condemn it now because you can't buy support n vote, you rather earn it. Anybody is free to have his opinion on the matter but objective people still reject such sentimental and money politics irrespective of tribe or religion. You will remember it was a pastor that exposed the thing the one for the pastors then.
If he has that forsight,he should channel it in the best way, thru democratic means, not threat.
He owe all of us a conducive democratic environment. What if every leader is allowed to lord it over their fans in terms of who to vote for, what will it be like?

Which vote does anybody have control over?

Will you not just get to the polling booth, thumb print for the person of your choice, either based on conviction or inducement, and go back to your home jejely?

How does his misyarning affects your vote in anyway?

The reaction to the Oba's statement was exaggerated and uncalled for?

Watching the video closely, you will see that he has a good rapport with the Ibo guys at that meeting and they were all laughing over the whole issue.

Asking him to apologise was an insult on our traditional institution and if had done that sincerely I would have peed on his throne.

1 Like

Re: What Actually Happened At Akiolu’s Palace; Why We Clapped, Laughed – Punch by willi926(m): 9:28am On Apr 10, 2015
AgentMS:
Lobatan.

We told them that this must be the case, the useless and emotional ones among them are quick to act with a rush of blood to the brain, beating their chest for the fun of it and vituperating for nothing, issuing lame ultimatum and threatening to call down fire and brimstone that will never come.

The reaction is a reminder and typical of the rush to war in 1966 with machete and cassava sticks, without making provision for how to feed their population.

See your lives.
mumu dey wori u. c ur own life. must u always make emphasis on 1966.
Re: What Actually Happened At Akiolu’s Palace; Why We Clapped, Laughed – Punch by CharlesPhc: 9:29am On Apr 10, 2015
The delegation that paid the courtesy visit to the Oba went as Igbo representatives and not as ‘friends of the Oba’ as this good for nothing Lawyer wants us to believe. The Oba should be royal enough to differentiate between the two and guide his utterances. I suggest this Lawyer be jokingly thrown into the Lagoon for lying...!!! Nonsense
Re: What Actually Happened At Akiolu’s Palace; Why We Clapped, Laughed – Punch by Chidozieude: 9:32am On Apr 10, 2015
Arinze is an ediot. Just ignore him

Volksfuhrer:

You don't know the Monarch. A friend of his who was at the meeting has thrown more light on the circumstance under which Oba Akiolu spoke.

Instead of you to reflect, and reevaluate your earlier conclusion about the matter in the light of new evidence, you stuck to your hate! SMH at you.
Re: What Actually Happened At Akiolu’s Palace; Why We Clapped, Laughed – Punch by 0coded80: 9:41am On Apr 10, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
indeed,why were they laughing and clapping for an insult,and that d insult were not made for ibos,but for those who were present.even foolish man,knows he was seriously joking.
jk we knw
jk we trust

tell ur ambode to go to his state (ondo state) and wait for his turn, he can contest after mimiko
Re: What Actually Happened At Akiolu’s Palace; Why We Clapped, Laughed – Punch by AgentMS: 9:44am On Apr 10, 2015
willi926:

mumu dey wori u. c ur own life. must u always make emphasis on 1966.

Why won't reference be made to 1966, when you are still exhibiting the same traits of 1966, making the same mistakes of 1966, reacting just like in 1966 and taking rash emotional decisions without thinking it through, just like 1966.

1 Like

Re: What Actually Happened At Akiolu’s Palace; Why We Clapped, Laughed – Punch by Abayhormy(m): 9:44am On Apr 10, 2015
Do you know Ambode graduated as an accountant from University of Lagos at the age of 21?

Do you know he became a Chartered accountant at the age of 24 ?

Do you know he became a fellow of the Institute of chartered accountants at the age of 36 ?

Do you know he was the second best graduating student in WAEC+HSE at Federal government college Warri ?

Do you know JK was a strong Tinubu boy in ACN but left the party when Tinubu decided to pick fashola over him simply because Tinubu felt fashola would do better in governance because he is a lawyer and SAN while JK is a Pharmacist ? Do you know it was the potentials that Tinubu saw in Fashola that now became evident to all of us in the governance of Fashola ?

Do you know Ambode was the Accountant General of Lagos state when Federal Government was not giving Lagos state any Allocation at all for some years(Tinubu was the governor) ? And Ambode/Tinubu had to put creative minds together to run lagos for four years(despite the huge population and responsibility) ?

Do you know Ambode has 26 years of Administrative/accounting experience ?

Ambode is a quiet man and he does not blow his horn too loud, but he is quality, just like Fashola.

Let's put sentiments aside, let's vote in the best interest of lagos.

Ambo, Atide. Eko oni Baje.

1 Like

Re: What Actually Happened At Akiolu’s Palace; Why We Clapped, Laughed – Punch by AgentMS: 9:47am On Apr 10, 2015
This should be on front page.

MOD ---OAM4J, Afam4eva, Maclatunji
Re: What Actually Happened At Akiolu’s Palace; Why We Clapped, Laughed – Punch by drajjay: 9:50am On Apr 10, 2015
AgentMS:
Lobatan.

We told them that this must be the case, the useless and emotional ones among them are quick to act with a rush of blood to the brain, beating their chest for the fun of it and vituperating for nothing, issuing lame ultimatum and threatening to call down fire and brimstone that will never come.

The reaction is a reminder and typical of the rush to war in 1966 with machete and cassava sticks, without making provision for how to feed their population.

See your lives.
u were making sense at first but you sounded so foolish with the final line
Re: What Actually Happened At Akiolu’s Palace; Why We Clapped, Laughed – Punch by 0coded80: 9:52am On Apr 10, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
fools indeed,why were they laughing and clapping for an insult,and that d insult were not made for ibos,but for those who were present.even foolish man,knows he was seriously joking.
"fool indeed"?u can go and call ur father that
Re: What Actually Happened At Akiolu’s Palace; Why We Clapped, Laughed – Punch by Chiaka(f): 10:12am On Apr 10, 2015
Agbaje!!! for Lagos 2015

Sai Agbaje ! Kai Ambode
[size=18pt][/size]
Re: What Actually Happened At Akiolu’s Palace; Why We Clapped, Laughed – Punch by AgentMS: 10:16am On Apr 10, 2015
MODs -- OAM4J Maclatunji Afam4eva

Why is this not on front page?
Re: What Actually Happened At Akiolu’s Palace; Why We Clapped, Laughed – Punch by AgentMS: 10:17am On Apr 10, 2015
Chiaka:
Agbaje!!! for Lagos 2015

Sai Agbaje ! Kai Ambode
[size=18pt][/size]

JK for Emperor of Arochukwu

JK for Governor General of Alaigbo.

JK is just kidding

2 Likes

Re: What Actually Happened At Akiolu’s Palace; Why We Clapped, Laughed – Punch by mikelcool(m): 10:18am On Apr 10, 2015
See that guy. Friends kor una Don sell una birthright una never know what the oba sad is really really bad
Re: What Actually Happened At Akiolu’s Palace; Why We Clapped, Laughed – Punch by wordcat(m): 10:25am On Apr 10, 2015
StainlessH:
i just pity the dude that video the Oba as his life will b at risk now.

More threat sorry more joke
Re: What Actually Happened At Akiolu’s Palace; Why We Clapped, Laughed – Punch by agabaI23(m): 10:54am On Apr 10, 2015
theV0ice:
this is serious?? why did the guy keep quiet all this while??

He allowed the whole thing to degenerate to this dangerous level of ethnic hatred?? the guy didn't try at all but then....better late than never

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/oba-akiolu-addressed-us-his-igbo-friends/
And you want to believe that my friend? He said it the first time and the second time he had to stand up to buttress his point. A monarch standing to make a point and someone calls it a joke?

He goofed sir!!

1 Like

Re: What Actually Happened At Akiolu’s Palace; Why We Clapped, Laughed – Punch by francoima: 11:40am On Apr 10, 2015
Lol

Re: What Actually Happened At Akiolu’s Palace; Why We Clapped, Laughed – Punch by theV0ice: 12:27pm On Apr 10, 2015
agabaI23:
And you want to believe that my friend? He said it the first time and the second time he had to stand up to buttress his point. A monarch standing to make a point and someone calls it a joke?

He goofed sir!!

The man who was physically present when the Oba spoke has come out to tell us his friend was only joking and meant it as banter and you said I shouldn't believe him? Is is you my friend who is watching the video and reading the report through the lens of the PDP that should be believed? Haba my friend!! You can as well tell us the lawyer is an imbec!le or an 1diot.

Everything here is politics like the lawyer said. Its a wild card given to PDP as a boost and in the Nigeria of today, political expediency dictates they must milk it for all its worth. If APC had suffered the humiliation that PDP suffered on March 28, I'm sure they would have jumped at this opportunity too.

You guys should milk it as much as possible.......I hope it turns to electoral victory for you and your team wink
Re: What Actually Happened At Akiolu’s Palace; Why We Clapped, Laughed – Punch by OrigamiIII: 12:48pm On Apr 10, 2015
I advice all yorubas to ignore the igbos henceforth. Whoever wins on saturday would still put the yorubas at very great advantage. APC at the federal already has a plan for the ungrateful tribe. A tribe that came to lagos for business suddenly abandoned their business interest to pursue local politics against their host. You will be used and dumped. Hitherto we thought we are all friends but when the igbos manifest hostile tendencies towards their host it becomes a direct call to conflicts. Hostility against hostility, hatred to match hatred untill it spills over.
Re: What Actually Happened At Akiolu’s Palace; Why We Clapped, Laughed – Punch by agabaI23(m): 1:07pm On Apr 10, 2015
theV0ice:

The man who was physically present when the Oba spoke has come out to tell us his friend was only joking and meant it as banter and you said I shouldn't believe him? Is is you my friend who is watching the video and reading the report through the lens of the PDP that should be believed? Haba my friend!! You can as well tell us the lawyer is an imbec!le or an 1diot.

Everything here is politics like the lawyer said. Its a wild card given to PDP as a boost and in the Nigeria of today, political expediency dictates they must milk it for all its worth. If APC had suffered the humiliation that PDP suffered on March 28, I'm sure they would have jumped at this opportunity too.

You guys should milk it as much as possible.......I hope it turns to electoral victory for you and your team wink

If Jega wil agree, it surely will
Re: What Actually Happened At Akiolu’s Palace; Why We Clapped, Laughed – Punch by theV0ice: 1:11pm On Apr 10, 2015
agabaI23:

What was your opinion of Jega in 2011? Upright or compromised?

What has changed since then?
Re: What Actually Happened At Akiolu’s Palace; Why We Clapped, Laughed – Punch by agabaI23(m): 12:48am On Apr 11, 2015
theV0ice:

What was your opinion of Jega in 2011? Upright or compromised?

What has changed since then?
Why do you ask?
Re: What Actually Happened At Akiolu’s Palace; Why We Clapped, Laughed – Punch by theV0ice: 1:03am On Apr 11, 2015
agabaI23:
Why do you ask?

Your statement which I quoted suggests you doubt Jega's integrity. See it again

agabaI23:
Re: What Actually Happened At Akiolu’s Palace; Why We Clapped, Laughed – Punch by shizzleStar: 1:18am On Apr 11, 2015
atueyi chukwudi Felix the bastad, how much were you paid?

Anyways this sorry explanation is DOA...you can tell it to the birds
Re: What Actually Happened At Akiolu’s Palace; Why We Clapped, Laughed – Punch by nigerianvenom(m): 4:03am On Apr 11, 2015
VickJames:
Too late for that.

A wise man once said: Its better for a man to do stupid things than to say them because you can cover your stupid acts with words but you can never cover your stupid words with acts.

brave fact
Re: What Actually Happened At Akiolu’s Palace; Why We Clapped, Laughed – Punch by agabaI23(m): 8:26am On Apr 11, 2015
theV0ice:

Your statement which I quoted suggests you doubt Jega's integrity. See it again

2011 was the first experience for him. If he had any plan he could not implement it. He had no control of the election. He had just 10 months to prepare. In this case he had 4 years. You can judge him here.
Judge the 150 laptops from Northern Elders
Judge the 22 k polling unit in the north and 8k for the south
Judge the lopsided PVC distribution
Judge the card reader malfunction that happened on the SS/SE
Judge his reasons for not allowing the use alternative on time in these areas
Judge why there was no complaint about card reader and accreditation in the North
Judge why North East had more PVC collection than the South put together
Judge many more things

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG To Revive Ladi Kwali Pottery Centre / Nigeria’s Biafran Burden - Okey Ndibe / Oshiomhole’s Corruption File Found In Magu’s House, EFCC Prepares To Arrest Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.