Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,990 members, 7,973,408 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 04:07 PM

Why Young Women Often Date Older Men - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Young Women Often Date Older Men (47930 Views)

Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men / Reasons Why Girls/ladies Date Older Guys. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by vexxy(f): 11:07pm On Oct 16, 2005
Younger women date older men for the sake of maturity. The older man seems more stable and able to focus on the woman. He is also experienced in relationships because he's had time to work out his game. Yes, older men do still play games.

I also think that *most* older men date younger women because of her lack of experience. I say this because *some* younger women are easily manipulated by the "idea" of the older man being more mature and experienced so he in turn can use that against her. He can give her the *sense* of security and she in turn will be willing to abide by what he does thinking, "He's older so I know he know's what he's doing."

There can be a great many reasons why this occurs but mostly from what I've seen it's the above stated situation.
Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by Nobody: 3:22am On Oct 17, 2005
nddy dont like black girls? undecided i gueesss

anyways

i like guys that are older than me not like 5-10 yrs older me but like maybe a couple of years or somethin' they just seem more mature about stuff.
Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by fabian(f): 2:44pm On Oct 18, 2005
Younger women date older men, cos they are- you guessed it- more mature! I know the feelings of insecurity a younger man can give, because thier attn span is usually short, and they are always looking at the other woman.
There's nothing wrong with a younger girl dating an older man, as long as he is not already married.
Anyway, I still prefer keeping to my age-group, ultimately!
Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by Greatpeter(m): 2:47pm On Oct 18, 2005
So what is your age group Fab?

Experience lady in the house.
Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by fabian(f): 3:11pm On Oct 18, 2005
I'll have you know i'm not the only experienced lady in the house! Meanwhile, I fall in between 25-30!
Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by Greatpeter(m): 3:14pm On Oct 18, 2005
I guess you're 26?

So it is true that older men treat the ladies well than the tender boys grin
Kudos to we old men in the house.
young ladies listen to these experienced ladies' advise.
Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by vexxy(f): 3:17pm On Oct 18, 2005
I dey listen! tongue lipsrsealed

Did I say that right?

But younger ladies should be careful because not all older men use their "matured experience" for good. They can also use it to manipulate the minds of the younger girls.
Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by Greatpeter(m): 3:24pm On Oct 18, 2005
Huh! Not anyone of us can do that vexxy.
Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by vexxy(f): 4:07pm On Oct 18, 2005
I don't think you would, GP, but there are predators out there that one must be warned about.
Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by Greatpeter(m): 4:15pm On Oct 18, 2005
I agree with your intelligence Vexxy.
Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by fabian(f): 4:56pm On Oct 18, 2005
vexxy:

I dey listen! tongue lipsrsealed

Did I say that right?

Yup! Right on target!
The other part is right too! tread with caution ladies, or you might be manipulated!
Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by layi(m): 12:41am On Oct 19, 2005
Now y'all flowing wit me. wink
Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by WesleyanA(f): 12:44am On Oct 19, 2005
i really wouldn't go out with a guy younger than me.i wouldn't go out with a guy way older than me either. just a little age difference 0-3 years is alright.
Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by zigszag(f): 1:33pm On Oct 19, 2005
u asking why simple.
they are much matured and cuter. kiss cool kiss  cool kiss kiss kiss kiss lipsrsealed

Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by fabian(f): 5:44pm On Oct 19, 2005
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, i reserve my comments like Great peter
Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by Destiny6(f): 8:47pm On Dec 11, 2005
Simple:
Girls like older men coz its very rare to find a mature man their own age!!!
Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by m7: 5:15pm On Dec 29, 2005
I'm 28 and have found myself "falling" for a 52 year old? is that bad? he totally has no deep pockets, in fact I am the one with family $$$ ...whaddya say now? have never gone for older guy before...in fact have only had 2 serious and several..."casual flings" (not out of choice) ...

- what do y'all think?

ps. I'm H.O.T...(no joke) wink
Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by Scorpio(f): 2:09am On Jan 05, 2006
I say go for it if he really loves you n if you feel the same about him too.
Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by enchantra(f): 2:46am On Jan 05, 2006
Older men treats you alot nicer, they care for you, they really love you and they respect you!!!! and i know for a fact that if you date an older man and he treats you well, there is NO way you would want to go back to anything petty and/or childish.
Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by Oracle(m): 5:08am On Jan 05, 2006
Itz obvious, they date them simply coz of their money
their cash
cooooooooool cash

Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by cheekee(f): 7:08am On Jan 11, 2006
it just doesn't make sense for a 21 year girl to date a 18year old boy does iti think older men are much more generous,,,they are willing!!!not just to play around like yong men!!!
Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by misserin(f): 5:31pm On Jan 26, 2006
hey there guy's & gals,
      my name is erin, i'm a 23yo administrative assistant in new england. the love of my life, is mark, who happens to be a respectible 49, and works as an IT manager. we've just celebrated our 2nd anniversary, and we couldn't be happier or more in love. now allow me to say, that in the begining when we'd met... we didn't know each other's age, he believed i was ten years older (i didn't take it as a compliment, lol) and i assumed he was in his mid-late 30's (he's just that good looking). when the reality of our age came to light, there had already begun to have feelings..... it was strange, and neither one of us thought it would be appropriate to begin seeing each other intimately. so for about a month, we both tried to put the idea behind us. although, all of our friends (who are very open-minded people) would ask - 'do you have things in common?', 'do you have things to talk about?', 'do YOU have an issue with the age difference?' - yes, yes, no..... 'SO THEN WHO CARES! GO GET HIM/HER!'. it was funny, we were the only people who cared about what anyone else thought. now it's two years later, and have a saying that we just enjoy each other's company.
      anyhoo, the end result is that neither of us are interested in marriage or children. i have none, want none, he has 2 - one is 27 (whom i get along with wonderfully), and the other is 7 and is so sweet. but we went into this knowing it doesn't last forever, let's be realistic here. it's just a simple fact that we enjoy each other and have this comfortable, supportive, patient, and passionate love. should it last for another day or the rest of our lives, so be it..... it'll be good while it lastssmiley. the key is no pressure and enjoy it!
Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by chrisd(m): 7:00pm On Mar 09, 2006
Because they are more experienced.
Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by Rhodalyn(f): 7:01pm On Mar 09, 2006
exactly
i always go for older g u y s
Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by chrisd(m): 7:03pm On Mar 09, 2006
Yep, you'll enjoy yourself so much that the roof will almost blow off. grin grin grin grin grin and you'll still feel it for a month.
Especially if he is the James Bond kind of man. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by curiousNja(f): 6:49am On Mar 13, 2006
Older men for me anyday. I dont date anything less. I love them for their maturity, care, concern, intelligence,

Doesn't have to be about money.
Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by chinani(f): 8:54am On Mar 13, 2006
MATURITY! MATURITY! MATURITY! MATURITY! MATURITY! MATURITY! MATURITY!

[center]***Repetition is Necessary for Emphasis***[/center]
Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by TYPOP(m): 8:07pm On Mar 13, 2006
@curiousNja
are you a lady? Your sex is not being displayed.

If you are a young man and all you have is a small amount of money with one car and there is an older man with much money and cars, if you want to think about it, your love goes to MR MONEY. But ladies, not all that glitters is gold.
Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by stormz(m): 7:36pm On Mar 14, 2006
statistically(as much as i'd h8 to say dis) girls' maturity are two yrs older than boys, so if a 17 year old girl went out wid a 17 year old boi it'll b like shez datin a 15 year old so basically itz coz dey're more mature dan us

dey actually use their brains

cool undecided wink cheesy smiley smiley cool undecided grin
Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by chinani(f): 10:26pm On Mar 14, 2006
@ vexxy

I agree with you. Some ppl use their maturity for, ahem, ***evil***

1 Like

Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by TYPOP(m): 6:10pm On Mar 19, 2006
I think u people are right because i will marry a lady i'm older than. I don't know why but thats the real situation of things. There are a few exceptions though.
Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by chinani(f): 10:54pm On Mar 19, 2006
@ TYPOP

who's the footballer in your profile picture?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ladies, Always Ask A Man If He Is Married After The "Hellos" To Avoid This / Dumped After Blood Covenant And Abortions / Man Plans With SARS Officers To Arrest His Girlfriend So He Can Propose To Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.