Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,603 members, 7,975,348 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 10:56 PM

Why I Will Not Vote For Ambode By Tolu Caleb - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Will Not Vote For Ambode By Tolu Caleb (3420 Views)

I May Not Vote PDP Presidential Candidate In 2019 – Governor Umahi / Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media / 10 Governoship Candidate Step Down For Ambode In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Will Not Vote For Ambode By Tolu Caleb by Chidozieude: 9:26am On Apr 10, 2015
The OP is a liar and a fraudster. From 2014 when he started posting on nairaland, he has been anti-APC and pro- PDP. Now he wants us to believe that he voted for Buhari? The OP is a PDP supporter and they all know that Lagos is their last chance to survive as a party.

OP you are a disgrace for lying

2 Likes

Re: Why I Will Not Vote For Ambode By Tolu Caleb by olaboy001(m): 9:29am On Apr 10, 2015
OP, I AGREE with JK.. Lagos cannot continue to be in the Opposition" Vote Akinwunmi Ambode for Governor of Lagos State. Gbam!

2 Likes

Re: Why I Will Not Vote For Ambode By Tolu Caleb by safarigirl(f): 9:30am On Apr 10, 2015
OrigamiIII:
Op you're from ekiti state, fayose's slaves triving on 24 cups of rice per month. Am sure you want lagos to be like ekiti state full of impoverished zombies.
Tinubu that you hate so much is cherished and loved by millions of true born odua sons and daughters. Tinubu's political doggedness and mastery over the years across the SW has given birth to new leaders of sterling qualities admired all over the federation. He gave us fashola, he gave us Sen.mamora that you referred to and so many more. I would like you to give us just one name the likes of Bode George,Obanikoro, Doyen okupe have nurtured to be of any good to the yoruba race and nigeria. None my dear.
I don't understand most of you people.

Tinubu is from Osun, Fasgola is from Osun, Ambode is from Ondo. Yet all of you are voting non-indigenes over Jimi that's a proper Lagosian.

And the same hypocrites are making noise about Igbos wanting to exercise their civic rights in a state most of them were born and bred in.

Oya, are you a Lagosian originally or you're from one of the parasite states?
Re: Why I Will Not Vote For Ambode By Tolu Caleb by Goke7: 9:30am On Apr 10, 2015
Just an advise to all, politics in Nigeria is politics of bitterness, No candidate can rise above the prejudices of his political party.

Let's be wise and vote wisely too.

God bless Nigeria
Re: Why I Will Not Vote For Ambode By Tolu Caleb by HarunaLukman: 9:33am On Apr 10, 2015
Agbaje could only run after Bode George and Ogunlewe rigged election in his favour. Of course you will not see Bode George at his campaign rallies, because no one want an EX CONVICT by his side at rallies. Even Obanikoro that was fighting after he was unjustly denied the ticket after fraudulent primaries is now supporting JK because he has been promised his own share. Pls let's not give Lagos to these vultures

3 Likes

Re: Why I Will Not Vote For Ambode By Tolu Caleb by Chiaka(f): 9:38am On Apr 10, 2015
Ichiato:
This guy funny sha oh. You now want to go and vote a man backed by a convict (bode george) becuase you think BHT is corrupt? SMH

Tinubu is far more corrupt. Just because he bribes his way out of detention does not make him a saint. JK is the real change in Lagos!!!
Re: Why I Will Not Vote For Ambode By Tolu Caleb by Abayhormy(m): 9:44am On Apr 10, 2015
Do you know Ambode graduated as an accountant from University of Lagos at the age of 21?

Do you know he became a Chartered accountant at the age of 24 ?

Do you know he became a fellow of the Institute of chartered accountants at the age of 36 ?

Do you know he was the second best graduating student in WAEC+HSE at Federal government college Warri ?

Do you know JK was a strong Tinubu boy in ACN but left the party when Tinubu decided to pick fashola over him simply because Tinubu felt fashola would do better in governance because he is a lawyer and SAN while JK is a Pharmacist ? Do you know it was the potentials that Tinubu saw in Fashola that now became evident to all of us in the governance of Fashola ?

Do you know Ambode was the Accountant General of Lagos state when Federal Government was not giving Lagos state any Allocation at all for some years(Tinubu was the governor) ? And Ambode/Tinubu had to put creative minds together to run lagos for four years(despite the huge population and responsibility) ?

Do you know Ambode has 26 years of Administrative/accounting experience ?

Ambode is a quiet man and he does not blow his horn too loud, but he is quality, just like Fashola.

Let's put sentiments aside, let's vote in the best interest of lagos.

Ambo, Atide. Eko oni Baje.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Will Not Vote For Ambode By Tolu Caleb by lilflipnerd: 9:46am On Apr 10, 2015
Chiaka:

Tinubu is far more corrupt. Just because he bribes his way out of detention does not make him a saint. JK is the real change in Lagos!!!
Bribes His Way Out, Tell me something I don't knw
Re: Why I Will Not Vote For Ambode By Tolu Caleb by Ladi4sure: 9:52am On Apr 10, 2015
The Buhari you voted for, has endorsed Ambode. CHANGE in Lagos means finally having a govt that is aligned with the FG

3 Likes

Re: Why I Will Not Vote For Ambode By Tolu Caleb by onyenkuzii: 10:07am On Apr 10, 2015
Fashola, Osinbajo, Fayemi.... These are the calibre of people that come from the Tinubu school of governance. Pls let's give the latest graduate Akin Ambode a chance to take Lagos to greater heights

5 Likes

Re: Why I Will Not Vote For Ambode By Tolu Caleb by Nobody: 10:17am On Apr 10, 2015
Chiaka:

Real change? Why are people bent on dragging lagos back? You can't help but wonder if oba akiolu's outburst is justified going by the shady reasons you igbos have given for wanting to vote jimi agbaje over ambode. It's glaringly a vote of hatred for the development of lagos state. What are y'all scared of really?

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Not Vote For Ambode By Tolu Caleb by opositive(m): 11:42am On Apr 10, 2015
It is true that Nigeria has gone beyond the politics of parties, that we should vote for individual competence. However, if I place Jimi and Ambode side by side, the facts are obvious. AMBODE is the man for the job. Vote for change.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Will Not Vote For Ambode By Tolu Caleb by GhaliNaaba(m): 11:45am On Apr 10, 2015
You are a liar! You campaigned for GEJ here and your evil wish for Lagos will not succeeds. Ambode will win and Lagos much work in synergy with Buhari government. No room for non sense.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Will Not Vote For Ambode By Tolu Caleb by IVORY2009(m): 12:01pm On Apr 10, 2015
adeoladrg:
See ehn Toluk, you took words off my mouth. You've said it all.

Jimi lately said on the show with Olisa that he picked his deputy. If that is true, then wow!

People bringing issues of Bode George is plain stupidity. Bode is just a PDP chieftain, he doesn't have national control unlike Tinubu. I trust Jimi to do something drastic about him when he wins just like we trusted Buhari to do something about the corrupt APC members.

Once again, we voting for Jimi Agbaje. Change has come to Lagos. There's no better time than now!

The hour has come, and Lagos need CHANGE.
Re: Why I Will Not Vote For Ambode By Tolu Caleb by adebisicutie: 12:04pm On Apr 10, 2015
We are voting Ambode to align Lagos with the centre , even Jimi admitted Lagos cannot afford to miss that opportunity

2 Likes

Re: Why I Will Not Vote For Ambode By Tolu Caleb by Nobody: 12:41pm On Apr 10, 2015
This guys is a bloody liar

https://www.nairaland.com/2005709/nigeria-media-connection-a.p.c-punch

toluk:
I am pleasantly surprised as the Nigeria media gives Ekiti State frontline cover. But close to a year now, the judiciary in Rivers is under lock-and-key; most lawyers in private practice there can no longer pay their bills - rent, children's school fees, etc, some are relocating and others are in hospital suffering various illnesses originating from social-condition-dislocation - hypertension, stroke, etc. Yet, that terrible condition is not the news to the Nigerian press, much more frontline cover because the character behind the horrible state of affairs is APC.

You may never know, but it appears most of the western medias have been bought over by APC. Ray Power, AIT, The Punch, This Day, Sahara Reporters, and sometimes, The Vanguard Newspapers turn deaf ears, and turns the eyes/heat away when it is APC. Some of them even write editorials. Abubakar Atiku, while declaring his intention to contest for the presidency talked about the use of the media as a veritable tool. I am not so surprised. Even on the social media, there is always blackout for unfavourable comments against APC and its leaders, but when its Jonathan and PDP, it is always given a front page headline. I may not even be surprised if this little piece is given a complete blackout in the name of moderation. Just take a look at this few instances.

1. Governor Fashola of Lagos State bought the same brand of car Stella Odua bought N250m for N600m during the same period. A differences of about 250% in price. Who was the heat on by the western medias? It was Stella Odua. Did you hear them talk about Governor Fashola? The answer is no. What of the myriads of allegations of corruption (about 48 of them) against Governor Fashola. Any heat? Well and of course no.

2. Look at all the allegations against Tinubu and Fashola on Apha Beta, Land scandals, LG election riggings, etc. Any news from them? The answer is no.
Re: Why I Will Not Vote For Ambode By Tolu Caleb by Nobody: 9:06pm On Apr 10, 2015
Chiaka:

Ever heard of the saying "innocent until proven guilty".
Re: Why I Will Not Vote For Ambode By Tolu Caleb by Aolly(f): 9:15pm On Apr 10, 2015
The devils we know ar better than d angels we dont know. Sai ambo, atide.
Re: Why I Will Not Vote For Ambode By Tolu Caleb by jamitt: 9:26pm On Apr 10, 2015
Well spoken, You know very well what you are talking about, Change should apply also here in lagos, nothing is wrong changing the state level of Governance, if it can happen in Abuja, It can also happen in Ikeja, Jimi Agbaje can be trusted, that I believe, the Man Tinubu has acquired so much from the little the Lagos state Government had.
Re: Why I Will Not Vote For Ambode By Tolu Caleb by VolvoS60(m): 10:37pm On Apr 10, 2015
Aolly:
That is ur headache,nonsence nd ingredient.

^^^
Counter his points - some of them at least.

I don't know the OP and I'm definitely not holding brief for him but he has made a few points that are true. Counter them with facts or hold your peace.
Re: Why I Will Not Vote For Ambode By Tolu Caleb by VolvoS60(m): 10:42pm On Apr 10, 2015
jayfolarin:
In other words, you are an hater. With all due respect, if you are going to want to sell your preffered candidate, sell his credentials and not your unwarranted hate for another man's success. Tinubu is a political force and your envy/hate can't affect that, trust me.

My advice to you...; Tinubu started from somewhere. Rather than hate on his political influence which continues to grow, you can start making something of yourself.

Ambode's experience in governance which has been more than instrumental in developing the lagos we all love today overshadows whatever tinubu line pdpians might want to feed me! It's ambode for me.
Voting JK is just plain stu.pid if you ask me. Experience over sweetmouths anyday. If you are an entrepreneur, you ll understand.

^^^^
These emotional reactions do not address the key issues.

The OP has made some salient points. Address them rather than give homilies about 'making something of yourself'.
Re: Why I Will Not Vote For Ambode By Tolu Caleb by VolvoS60(m): 10:49pm On Apr 10, 2015
Ichiato:

Only stupi.d people see a reasonable post and term it stup.id. The fact the bode george is just a party chieftain and BHT is an APC national leader is inconsequential. They are both a force to reckon with in lagos politics. The only difference of course is that one is a convict while the other is the leader of a revolutionary party.

^^^

I am no fan of the PDP or Mr. Bode George but I remember reading somewhere that a court had set aside Mr. George's conviction. If that is indeed true, then his imprisonment was unlawful. So what is the truth? Was his conviction set aside or not?
Re: Why I Will Not Vote For Ambode By Tolu Caleb by VolvoS60(m): 11:06pm On Apr 10, 2015
ultimatum:

I strongly disagree with this writer's perspective. The truth is that, the proof of Governors Fashola and Bola Tinubu's tenures in government are pointers that the sky is the limit for Lagosians and Lagos State.

Despite Lagos' lack of proper natural resources like petroleum and a reasonably limited federal allocation from the PDP controlled federal administration, Lagos has still risen above all odds to establish herself as the hub of commercial enterprise. Even regarded by many global magazines as the fastest growing economy in the world

When Lagos’s visionary governor Babatunda Fashola took power in 2010, he enforced local tax collection–an unusual idea in Africa. That has brought Lagos billions, giving it both autonomy from the country’s corrupt government in Abuja, the capital, and new projects, like a planned rapid-transit network, a $50 billion infrastructure program that includes West Africa’s first suspension bridge, and two forthcoming power plants that will finally ease the electricity shortage and even light Lagos’s streets at night.

And who do you think was vital in implementing such commercial innovations? That's a rhetoric because the answer is beyond glaring.

On the 11th of April. I implore my fellow Lagosians to come out, with our heads held high like true Patriots and vote in Akinwunmi Ambode for continuity in our beloved Lagos State.

EKO O NI BAJE.

^^^^
The idea behind increasing the tax base is nothing new. Its the way the system works elsewhere. The problem is that the LASG runs its tax collection drive like a protection racket organized by local small town mafiosi. undecided

I know of some small business men who were unfairly taxed by the LASG. Their attempts to get a fair hearing failed. I had a similar experience in a personal matter involving two LASG agencies. My attempts to get a fair hearing also failed and LASG civil servants arrogantly told me they were the judge, jury and executioner in the case. I escalated the matter officially to higher officials and the same thing happened: petition denied a fair hearing.

Can all these people complaining about official high handedness be wrong?
Re: Why I Will Not Vote For Ambode By Tolu Caleb by Nobody: 11:40pm On Apr 10, 2015
VolvoS60:

^^^

I am no fan of the PDP or Mr. Bode George but I remember reading somewhere that a court had set aside Mr. George's conviction. If that is indeed true, then his imprisonment was unlawful. So what is the truth? Was his conviction set aside or not?
Is conviction was indeed set aside. That just goes to show that either his first conviction was politically motivated or the reversal of that conviction was politically motivated. Either way the whole saga reeks of bad politics the lagos polity cannot afford to condone, coupled with the clearly rigged primaries which unsurprisingly brought his candidate(JK) as the winner of the primaries.
Re: Why I Will Not Vote For Ambode By Tolu Caleb by VolvoS60(m): 8:20am On Apr 11, 2015
Ichiato:

Is conviction was indeed set aside. That just goes to show that either his first conviction was politically motivated or the reversal of that conviction was politically motivated. Either way the whole saga reeks of bad politics the lagos polity cannot afford to condone, coupled with the clearly rigged primaries which unsurprisingly brought his candidate(JK) as the winner of the primaries.

^^^^
In the eyes of the law then, the man's record is unblemished. It may not be pleasing to the ears of his opponents but it is the truth.
Re: Why I Will Not Vote For Ambode By Tolu Caleb by Nobody: 7:15pm On Apr 11, 2015
VolvoS60:

^^^^
In the eyes of the law then, the man's record is unblemished. It may not be pleasing to the ears of his opponents but it is the truth.
Are we talking law here or politics? undecided
Re: Why I Will Not Vote For Ambode By Tolu Caleb by VolvoS60(m): 7:52pm On Apr 11, 2015
Ichiato:

Are we talking law here or politics? undecided

^^^
The law.
Re: Why I Will Not Vote For Ambode By Tolu Caleb by focus7: 8:32pm On Apr 11, 2015
Tolu Caleb, with governorship election counting, I guess you should prepare for Agbaje to be sworn in as government in your house. MUMU you, you self think you be human being.
Re: Why I Will Not Vote For Ambode By Tolu Caleb by Nobody: 10:03pm On Apr 11, 2015
VolvoS60:

^^^
The law.
The law was never the point in the context of this discussion. The OP clearly made accusations against BHT without considering the law. My point clearly was that the OP appeared to have a blind eye when it came to the perceived criminality of bode george as opposed to BHT who hasn't even had to defend himself of any corruption charge.
Re: Why I Will Not Vote For Ambode By Tolu Caleb by vcume(f): 10:08pm On Apr 11, 2015
i love your mentality, that is your way of reasoning and your write up even more. it shows a lot of maturity. If we have a lot more people in this country reasoning like this then we certainly are ready for change, Cudos to you
Re: Why I Will Not Vote For Ambode By Tolu Caleb by Chiaka(f): 9:10am On Apr 15, 2015
jayfolarin:

Real change? Why are people bent on dragging lagos back? You can't help but wonder if oba akiolu's outburst is justified going by the shady reasons you igbos have given for wanting to vote jimi agbaje over ambode. It's glaringly a vote of hatred for the development of lagos state. What are y'all scared of really?

Not scared of anything. Why are you discriminating. Lagos is sweet and we like to there! what's your problem please.
Re: Why I Will Not Vote For Ambode By Tolu Caleb by alrahmanonline(m): 9:52am On Apr 15, 2015
Mr Op how market, you can bury your head in shame now..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hilarious! See The Cake That Was Ordered N The One That Arrived. / Nigeria Vows To Shut Down Radio Biafra - BBC / Flash: President Buhari Approves New Board Of Directors For NNPC(See The List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.