Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,251 members, 7,910,406 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 07:46 AM

A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. (5459 Views)

Why A Christian Girl Converted To Islam (Photo) / American Preacher Blasts Obama, Nigeria And The Entire Black Race (Video) / Fact About The Killed Christian Preacher In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by dalaman: 8:40pm On Apr 11, 2015
alchemist13:

I wonder o! See how people dey display their ignorance.

He quickly posted a link without reading it. His link doesn't even agree with what he is saying.
Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by Hiswordxray(m): 8:43pm On Apr 11, 2015
dalaman:

You haven't even attempted to answer the question. How old is the planet called earth?
If you haven't seen it by now it only proves one think; you are blind and your wisdom and intelligence can not comprehend the things of God grin lipsrsealed
Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by Hiswordxray(m): 8:46pm On Apr 11, 2015
helpee:
while I am still a christian(born again has no doctrine in the bible. Jesus only mentioned that word once), I no longer believe only the Jews had access to the true God. Even the bible from the old testament predicted the coming of the Messiah, till date they don't believe in that christ. Yet they are still GOD only people. Most of us are practising the religion of our birth. If I was born a Hindu, I will still be practising Hinduism. So I can't possibly blame any hinduist or Muslim for practising the religion of birth. I can't blame them for refusing to accept christ cos I can't possibly imagine myself accepting Mohammed. So there is more to religion than we know so stop spewing the rubbish you keep typing as rubbish
I didn't became a Christian because I was born a Christian. I became a Christian because I saw Christ.
I stop trying to prove you know anything about Christianity because if you knew you won't have leaved. No one could see Christ in his beauty and turn away.
Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by helpee(m): 8:48pm On Apr 11, 2015
Hiswordxray:

I didn't became a Christian because I was born a Christian. I became a Christian because I saw Christ.
I stop trying to prove you know anything about Christianity because if you knew you won't have leaved. No one could see Christ in his beauty and turn away.
you are a baby christian. You know nothing about the christ you are talking. For your information I am still a christian. All those rubbish you are posting gives you away as a baby christian.
Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by helpee(m): 8:55pm On Apr 11, 2015
Hiswordxray:

Christianity don't take away your brain. Any God that asked you not to ask legitimate questions is deceiving you. Answer this question ist.....do isrealis believe in christ? Since they dont believe in christ are they all going to perish in hell? Where will God get 144,000 isrealis that will be the elders in heaven if they don't believe in christ? Does that mean there are other ways if making heaven other than through christ? When you answer these questions first, I will fully engage you. Christ is real but not in mysteries that only you understand. Anything you understand that others don't is a lie
Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by Hiswordxray(m): 9:11pm On Apr 11, 2015
helpee:
. As a Christian I am disappointed in the rubbish you typed as a mystery. You said the mystery transcends time....not true. the bible says....in the beginning was the word. beginning is an expression of time. So can you tell us precisely, when was the beginning the bible talks about. You can as well say you don't know rather than writing jargons while claiming others can't understand it. If I can't understand then you can't understand. If you understand it explain it and stop saying rubbish that we should learn how to understand. If you truly know, teach us the meaning of the rubbish you wrote there. Your definition of holy is abstract... I can as well say to be holy is to be set apart for sango.
"But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory, which none of the rulers of this age knew; for had they known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory" (1Cor 2:7-6)

"Now to Him who is able to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery kept secret since the world began" (Rom 16:25)

"and to make all see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the ages has been hidden in God who created all things through Jesus Christ;" (Eph 3:cool

"the mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations, but now has been revealed to His saints." (Col 1:26)

"how that by revelation He made known to me the mystery (as I have briefly written already," (Eph 3:3)

I think those verses are enough to prove you knew nothing about Christianity while you were still a Christian.

And the bold is a proof of what I said about you people being puffed up in pride.

If you what me to teach you, I will only if you tell me how to explain colour blue to a totally blind man.

But for the definition of "Holy".
Holy is a life form, it is a person and that person is Christ. No one else can be Holy just as no other animal can be a lion except a lion. Only Christ can be Holy because God is Holy in himself.
Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by Hiswordxray(m): 9:15pm On Apr 11, 2015
helpee:
Christianity don't take away your brain. Any God that asked you not to ask legitimate questions is deceiving you. Answer this question ist.....do isrealis believe in christ? Since they dont believe in christ are they all going to perish in hell? Where will God get 144,000 isrealis that will be the elders in heaven if they don't believe in christ? Does that mean there are other ways if making heaven other than through christ? When you answer these questions first, I will fully engage you. Christ is real but not in mysteries that only you understand. Anything you understand that others don't is a lie
Where is it written that those 144000 people don't believe in Christ?
Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by Hiswordxray(m): 9:24pm On Apr 11, 2015
helpee:
you are a baby christian. You know nothing about the christ you are talking. For your information I am still a christian. All those rubbish you are posting gives you away as a baby christian.
So you are still a believe and you are attacking me in the presence of unbelievers.

"But instead, one believer sues another right in front of unbelievers!
Even to have such lawsuits with one another is a defeat for you... " (1Cor 6:6-7)
Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by Macelliot(m): 9:25pm On Apr 11, 2015
johnydon22:
I had a similar experience with a pastor in abuja...when i went to visit my sister and the guy came to preach to her as usual and saw me, wanted to shift his preaching to me, i went inside brought my bible and it started.

It was a very long intellectual argument, the argument went on for days.. he would go and come back the next day then w will continue..

We dabbled into many topics, the origin of christianity, the bible, the plausibilities, other historical antiquities, science and many more..

My nigga is now an agnostic.... he's a junior pastor but he still goes to church.. Once told me in one of our whatsapp chats.. "Mehn this is real delusion, i cant believe i once believe all this crap" grin

Atheism is not far fetched for him.. cheesy
Not new....
Christ said it.... People would start turning away from faith....
If He returns, will He find men of faith?
Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by helpee(m): 9:35pm On Apr 11, 2015
Hiswordxray:

"But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory, which none of the rulers of this age knew; for had they known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory" (1Cor 2:7-6)

"Now to Him who is able to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery kept secret since the world began" (Rom 16:25)

"and to make all see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the ages has been hidden in God who created all things through Jesus Christ;" (Eph 3:cool

"the mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations, but now has been revealed to His saints." (Col 1:26)

"how that by revelation He made known to me the mystery (as I have briefly written already," (Eph 3:3)

I think those verses are enough to prove you knew nothing about Christianity while you were still a Christian.

And the bold is a proof of what I said about you people being puffed up in pride.

If you what me to teach you, I will only if you tell me how to explain colour blue to a totally blind man.

But for the definition of "Holy".
Holy is a life form, it is a person and that person is Christ. No one else can be Holy just as no other animal can be a lion except a lion. Only Christ can be Holy because God is Holy in himself.
you have said nothing. According to the scriptures you just quoted, the mysteries has been revealed so it is no longer a secret. Christianity is not a cult. Answer the questions I asked and stop using question to answer questions
Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by helpee(m): 9:41pm On Apr 11, 2015
O
Hiswordxray:

So you are still a believe and you are attacking me in the presence of unbelievers.

"But instead, one believer sues another right in front of unbelievers!
Even to have such lawsuits with one another is a defeat for you... " (1Cor 6:6-7)
Christians like you keep on living in self denial. Claiming you can't explain blue to a blind man. Who told you you can see while others are blind? These blind people are now asking you simple and basic life questions yet you can't answer them. Stop giving Christianity a bad image. Very soon now you will start saying the holy spirit revealed it to only you while all others are blind. Wake up. Your perception of Christianity is wrong

2 Likes

Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by Hiswordxray(m): 9:45pm On Apr 11, 2015
helpee:
you have said nothing. According to the scriptures you just quoted, the mysteries has been revealed so it is no longer a secret. Christianity is not a cult. Answer the questions I asked and stop using question to answer questions
I don't think you understand me, let me quote the Bible again:

"Yet when we are among the full-grown (spiritually mature Christians who are ripe in understanding), we do impart a [higher] wisdom (the knowledge of the divine plan previously hidden); but it is indeed not a wisdom of this present age or of this world nor of the leaders and rulers of this age, who are being brought to nothing and are doomed to pass away. But rather what we are setting forth is a wisdom of God once hidden [from the human understanding] and now revealed to us by God--[that wisdom] which God devised and decreed before the ages for our glorification [to lift us into the glory of His presence]." (1Cor 2:7-6).

"Yes, down to this [very] day whenever Moses is read, a veil lies upon their minds and hearts.

16But whenever a person turns [in repentance] to the Lord, the veil is stripped off and taken away.

17Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty (emancipation from bondage, freedom).(D)

18And all of us, as with unveiled face, [because we] continued to behold [in the Word of God] as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are constantly being transfigured into His very own image in ever increasing splendor and from one degree of glory to another; [for this comes] from the Lord [Who is] the Spirit." (2Cor 3:15-18)

"But even if our Gospel (the glad tidings) also be hidden (obscured and covered up with a veil that hinders the knowledge of God), it is hidden [only] to those who are perishing and obscured [only] to those who are spiritually dying and veiled [only] to those who are lost.

4For the god of this world has blinded the unbelievers' minds [that they should not discern the truth], preventing them from seeing the illuminating light of the Gospel of the glory of Christ (the Messiah), Who is the Image and Likeness of God." (2Cor 4:3-4).

My brother you shouldn't have allowed the world to still away the truth from you...
Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by Hiswordxray(m): 9:51pm On Apr 11, 2015
helpee:
O Christians like you keep on living in self denial. Claiming you can't explain blue to a blind man. Who told you you can see while others are blind? These blind people are now asking you simple and basic life questions yet you can't answer them. Stop giving Christianity a bad image. Very soon now you will start saying the holy spirit revealed it to only you while all others are blind. Wake up. Your perception of Christianity is wrong
"But even if our Gospel (the glad tidings) also be hidden (obscured and covered up with a veil that hinders the knowledge of God), it is hidden [only] to those who are perishing and obscured [only] to those who are spiritually dying and veiled [only] to those who are lost.

4[b]For the god of this world has blinded the unbelievers' minds [that they should not discern the truth],[/b], preventing them from seeing the illuminating light of the Gospel of the glory of Christ (the Messiah), Who is the Image and Likeness of God." (2Cor 4:3-4)

"13 These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy d Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
15 But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one. " (1Cor 2:13-14)

May be is the Bible giving Christianity bad image.
Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by johnydon22(m): 9:55pm On Apr 11, 2015
Macelliot:

Not new....
Christ said it.... People would start turning away from faith....
If He returns, will He find men of faith?

Oh really? grin

when is he returning? ? cheesy
Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by helpee(m): 10:02pm On Apr 11, 2015
Hiswordxray:

I don't think you understand me, let me quote the Bible again:

"Yet when we are among the full-grown (spiritually mature Christians who are ripe in understanding), we do impart a [higher] wisdom (the knowledge of the divine plan previously hidden); but it is indeed not a wisdom of this present age or of this world nor of the leaders and rulers of this age, who are being brought to nothing and are doomed to pass away. But rather what we are setting forth is a wisdom of God once hidden [from the human understanding] and now revealed to us by God--[that wisdom] which God devised and decreed before the ages for our glorification [to lift us into the glory of His presence]." (1Cor 2:7-6).

"Yes, down to this [very] day whenever Moses is read, a veil lies upon their minds and hearts.

16But whenever a person turns [in repentance] to the Lord, the veil is stripped off and taken away.

17Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty (emancipation from bondage, freedom).(D)

18And all of us, as with unveiled face, [because we] continued to behold [in the Word of God] as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are constantly being transfigured into His very own image in ever increasing splendor and from one degree of glory to another; [for this comes] from the Lord [Who is] the Spirit." (2Cor 3:15-18)

4For the god of this world has blinded the unbelievers' minds [that they should not discern the truth], preventing them from seeing the illuminating light of the Gospel of the glory of Christ (the Messiah), Who is the Image and Likeness of God." (2Cor 4:3-4).

My brother you shouldn't have allowed the world to still away the truth from you...
I can see you don't have any answer to these basic questions. How can I take you on advance life lessons about xtianity? You have a long way to go my brother. Goodnight
Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by Hiswordxray(m): 10:10pm On Apr 11, 2015
helpee:
I can see you don't have any answer to these basic questions. How can I take you on advance life lessons about xtianity? You have a long way to go my brother. Goodnight
No, you have a long way to turn back from.
You have gotten too deep into the world and you need serious help.
Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by Macelliot(m): 10:11pm On Apr 11, 2015
johnydon22:

Oh really? grin

when is he returning? ? cheesy
No one knows the day nor the hour.....
A total Eclipse shall occur and the Son of Man shall appear in the clouds of Heaven to judge everyone according to their deeds....
Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by johnydon22(m): 10:36pm On Apr 11, 2015
Macelliot:

No one knows the day nor the hour.....
A total Eclipse shall occur and the Son of Man shall appear in the clouds of Heaven to judge everyone according to their deeds....

Yeah very good, now go ahead and keep believing that fairy tale, a sky jewish fairy is coming from the sky after being murdered 2000years ago.

woooooooow Oh a total eclips occured last month or so.. ur sky fairy aint here yet grin
Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by melvin2010: 2:23am On Apr 12, 2015
over the years mankind have made a long search for God, this search has been the determining factor in the way people live, talk and act, this search has affected philosophy, education, economics, technology, warfare, rituals, and above all reasoning...... but still mankind (including many on this thread have not found him) the truth is that all along god has made himself ready to be found in a book called the bible which is about 3500 years old out of the 4000 years of human existence ( counting from the flood of noah) read the book with a simple open mind and u will find answers to questions like
who is God?
why does God permit suffering?
what happens to us when we die?
what is Gods purpose for the earth? etc
visit www.jw.org and download d book what does the bible really teach
Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by Macelliot(m): 7:22am On Apr 12, 2015
johnydon22:

Yeah very good, now go ahead and keep believing that fairy tale, a sky jewish fairy is coming from the sky after being murdered 2000years ago.

woooooooow Oh a total eclips occured last month or so.. ur sky fairy aint here yet grin
So ranting like this....
Murdered?? Or Crucified??
But He arosed.....
Do you know Nostradamus?
Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by johnydon22(m): 7:35am On Apr 12, 2015
Macelliot:

So ranting like this....
Murdered?? Or Crucified??
But He arosed.....
Do you know Nostradamus?

Oh yes i know Nostradamus well..
Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by Macelliot(m): 7:46am On Apr 12, 2015
johnydon22:

Oh yes i know Nostradamus well..
What do you know about him?
Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by johnydon22(m): 7:48am On Apr 12, 2015
Macelliot:

What do you know about him?

Can you now make your point and not ask me baseless questions...
Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by Macelliot(m): 7:58am On Apr 12, 2015
johnydon22:

Can you now make your point and not ask me baseless questions...
Lolz. E pain you... Sorry!
He is a theist, and a prophet in the 14th-15th century who made many prophesies of the future.... He prophesized the rise and fall of Napoleon & Hitler by their names.... E.t.c
As an atheist, how do you view this?
Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by johnydon22(m): 8:54am On Apr 12, 2015
Macelliot:

He is a theist, and a prophet in the 14th-15th century who made many prophesies of the future.... He prophesized the rise and fall of Napoleon & Hitler by their names.... E.t.c

What pain me? This will make me to stop discussing with you, shabby nonsense and useless assumptions, stick to the topics.

Lmao.. Nostradamus Made hazy predictions and people liken events to them. he was not just a theist he was a catholic christian..

I can say that Two great nations will collide and rock the earth no date, no timeline and no names... surely a future event would surely resemble it and you will call me a prophet. smiley

When you want to give me an example tell me Nostradamus predicted the exact date the event will happen, correct names etc... Not some shabby guess work just like i gave you above...

This is why theists are very fool able cheesy

Nostradamus never called Hitler by name, its another misrepresentation by gullible people http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hister smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by Macelliot(m): 9:11am On Apr 12, 2015
johnydon22:

What pain me? This will make me to stop discussing with you, shabby nonsense and useless assumptions, stick to the topics.

Lmao.. Nostradamus Made hazy predictions and people liken events to them. he was not just a theist he was a catholic christian..

I can say that Two great nations will collide and rock the earth no date, no timeline and no names... surely a future event would surely resemble it and you will call me a prophet. smiley

When you want to give me an example tell me Nostradamus predicted the exact date the event will happen, correct names etc... Not some shabby guess work just like i gave you above...

This is why theists are very fool able cheesy

Nostradamus never called Hitler by name, its another misrepresentation by gullible people http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hister smiley
Thrash.....
Prophecies don't include time....
I know. You will find a way to prove them wrong....
No need of telling u again... U will keep denying it....
Stop Hating Christ (what u don't believe in) and stop attacking Christians for their belief....
Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by johnydon22(m): 9:16am On Apr 12, 2015
Macelliot:

Thrash.....
Stop Hating Christ (what u don't believe in) and stop attacking Christians for their belief....

Hahahahahaha prophecies don't include time? And you want me to believe a smart ass that just did a minor guess work without a time frame.

I already gave you an example of how a prophecy works, just blatant guess work.
When your holy prophecies becomes clear enough as to include time, date and real names then we will look into that..

Nobody is hating your christ boy, stop being unnecessarily too emotional about some beliefs.
Just bring up some constructive and intellectual defence for your beliefs stop playing the victims card. If you cant then move on and stop quoting me smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by Nobody: 9:52am On Apr 12, 2015
malvisguy212:
I was comparing the Jews,Egyptian and the yoruba. Meanwhile read this link. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2544731/Adam-walked-Earth-209-000-years-ago-UK-scientists-claim-common-man-lived-9-000-years-earlier-previously-thought.html adam was a Jew.

Shame on you. I ask you to define holy but you ran away, and you accuse someone you don't know of not being a christian because she couldn't define holy, that means you are also not a christian, since you can't define holy, following your logic.
Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by Nobody: 11:13am On Apr 12, 2015
_
Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by wordcat(m): 11:13am On Apr 12, 2015
Hiswordxray:

So what time did the earth began? it began in the time if the mystery. The earth began in him before it existed. For the earth and all creation is a shadow, type and representation of him. He is the reality of the earth. For he is the new creation. The old creation is a shadow of the new creation but the new creation began before the old creation and the new creation with later begin after the old creation. Because the new creation is the end of the old creation.

Na like this Madness take dey start.
Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by Nobody: 11:15am On Apr 12, 2015
Macelliot:

Does honesty mean anything to you?
Macelliot:

Thrash.....
Is that the height of your gullibility?

Also, stop playing the victim, getting called out for being dishonest and gullible or making weak arguments is not "attacking".
Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by alexanorah: 10:12pm On Jan 10, 2016
I hate it when religious fanatics talk about what they know nothing about ...

A simple question to somebody and he started writing the story of his life ...

This the reason I want to vacate to Mars (at least they have found water there)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Native Doctors, Occultic Men Now Operate As Pastors / My Visit To Leader O. O. Obu By Dr. Bazie Of India / He Used Al-qur'an Paper To Smoke Cigarettes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.