Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,605 members, 7,888,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 06:52 PM

My Ordeal With A Phone Snatcher At Oshodi - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Ordeal With A Phone Snatcher At Oshodi (1109 Views)

Landlord Dies Of Heart Attack During 7hr Ordeal With Robbers- Suspect (pic) / Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher / Bag Snatcher Beaten Gwagwalada, Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Ordeal With A Phone Snatcher At Oshodi by OrderBroker: 2:32am On Apr 11, 2015
How do you feel, seeing what’s yours running right in front of you, yet you can’t take it back, you dearly wished it was a movie right? Guess what; it’s a movie and you are the main actor. If that is your story in the streets of Lagos, only divine intervention, can grant your happy ending. How good of fate to grant me such good tidings on a Good Friday.

On my way to Iyana Ipaja from Isolo, I dropped from a bus at oshodi, crossed the express to the other side, to walk down the road, so as to get a bus heading to Iyana Ipaja. I was in sight of the other side of the Road; where I was suppose to board a bus to Iyana Ipaja. Suddenly, a guy walking towards me with no suspicious sign, hinting me of he’s intention, whom I give kudos to for having done he’s calculations well.

On my left hand, was a bag full of clothes from customers which we have agreed on the designs, and am to sew and deliver at a set date, if the bag was weighed, am certain it will be between 30-40kg. On my right hand I held my office, my Samsung galaxy tab 2.0(Old; I know, we have being together 3 years and counting).

The guy arm twisted me to my tab and was on he’s heels in a flash. He was gone in 3 seconds, and at first, I was asking myself who dares play this rough play with me, it must be somebody I know. I turned back and saw the distance between us ever increasing then I realized I had just been rubbed.

I started gathering momentum in pursuit, and then I noticed my bag was pulling me back. I was in a dilemma; my tab running in front of me on two feet and my customer’s clothes holding me back from catching up with it. I started screaming “ole, ole” (thief, thief) and out of nowhere, a bus conductor wearing just singlet and a ¾ shorts, jumped down from he’s bus, already loaded with passengers.

He ran after the thief, they ran and ran not turning left or right and the conductor didn’t back down. In fact, he kept the distance between them constantly to about 10-15meters. I was over 300meters behind dragging myself and my bag, breathing heavily, and still having them in sight. None with the intention to stop, but they were wearing out.

Suddenly, the driver of the conductor in pursuit of the thief drove past he’s conductor, he then slightly brushed the thief down to the ground with the side of he’s bus. At this point they were at Skye bank along Isolo road and I was far behind then a bike man whom perhaps was watching it all, said to me “climb on lets go, the thief has being caught.

I climbed on to he’s back and from far away I could see some mobile police already holding the thief, certainly they work with the bank. The driver had already gone down to pick the tab, at this point I was also dropping from the bike.

He placed my tab on he’s dash board and he was about to zoom off himself. I ran after the bus with my bag, hanged by the door and I continued screaming “thief, thief” looking back at the thief being held by the police. The driver packed immediately and told me to shut up, asking me if they were not the ones that just recovered my tab for me. He then said “see my conductor, he really tried for you, and you have to compensate him.

I told him the guy he’s my hero, my Lagos superman. I gave him #500 and I took my tab from the driver. I sighted the thief still being held by the mobile police.

I pleaded with a lady by her shed, to help me hold on to my properties for a while, so I can do God’s will to the thief.
As a left-handed guy myself, I approached him 45 degree angle from he’s left hand. Two steps away from him, I held my blow beside me, launched forward one step and gave him an Uppercut, the type I had always dished out in my imagination since birth. Not minding the pain I got, I gave him another one that went from he’s chest upward to he’s jaws.

He fainted instantly, I felt like I had won a lottery. A crowd already gathered and to the luck of the thief they didn’t interfere. He woke up some seconds later gasping for breath and coughing.

A voice came out of the crowd “se ka pa?”(Should we kill him?) I answer without thinking “e pa”(kill him) then this same voice asked again “se ka pa?” now I was a bit conscious and slower to answer, then the thought of the blood of a soul on my tab will make me not use the tab again. I then said “e ma pa, e sa ‘nu e” (don’t kill him, have mercy on him).

I took my things and left the scene immediately. The feelings I left with I can’t explain. I thought of getting a cross bag which I’ve now gotten and I named my tab ‘Malomo’(don’t go again). How about that, for a real lifewood?

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With A Phone Snatcher At Oshodi by akinmusi(m): 3:03am On Apr 11, 2015
This op na comedian ooo. grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With A Phone Snatcher At Oshodi by eleko1: 3:11am On Apr 11, 2015
sad.Good one cool
Re: My Ordeal With A Phone Snatcher At Oshodi by Gboliwe: 4:24am On Apr 11, 2015
akinmusi:
This op na comedian ooo. grin grin

grin grin and a good writer. I don't know how they come up with all these hilarious stuff.

You try OP. Thank God for your phone
Re: My Ordeal With A Phone Snatcher At Oshodi by Nobody: 5:14am On Apr 11, 2015
[size=46pt] This is Super Story - a life of strife and sorrows/
This is Super Story...." [/size]
Re: My Ordeal With A Phone Snatcher At Oshodi by nzeobi(m): 5:17am On Apr 11, 2015
Congrats but you must be car ful of how you hold your tablet next time.
Which of the oshodi are you talking about, is it not the one I passed yesterday with soldiers everywhere ?
Re: My Ordeal With A Phone Snatcher At Oshodi by bunmioguns(m): 5:24am On Apr 11, 2015
. I love this
grin
Re: My Ordeal With A Phone Snatcher At Oshodi by ademega(m): 5:33am On Apr 11, 2015
The conductor was your angle . am happy for you
Re: My Ordeal With A Phone Snatcher At Oshodi by Youngsage: 5:38am On Apr 11, 2015
*yawns*

You chased a thief from OSHODI to isolo? Mehn I duff my hat! Kudos.
Re: My Ordeal With A Phone Snatcher At Oshodi by Ewizard(m): 6:01am On Apr 11, 2015
grin
Re: My Ordeal With A Phone Snatcher At Oshodi by Lilprincey(m): 6:06am On Apr 11, 2015
Story for the qoods...op for ur mind u fit lay foundation on top sky scrapper
Re: My Ordeal With A Phone Snatcher At Oshodi by OrderBroker: 1:29pm On Apr 11, 2015
Believe it or not; true story. Happened this last week Friday which was Good Friday.
Re: My Ordeal With A Phone Snatcher At Oshodi by onatisi(m): 1:57pm On Apr 11, 2015
The point that really got me cracking was when the op jumped on the bus and started shouting thief thief again
Re: My Ordeal With A Phone Snatcher At Oshodi by atilla(m): 3:47pm On Apr 11, 2015
Lols. Very funny story. Although at the time it won't have been funny at all.
Thank God see the tab no break upon everyting
Re: My Ordeal With A Phone Snatcher At Oshodi by imitor4us(m): 3:52pm On Apr 11, 2015
it has happened to me too just that the guy escaped with my phone.

OP you be lucky guy!

(1) (Reply)

South Africans Photographed Stealing From Attacked Foreign Stores / Graphic Pics: Woman In Critical Condition After Horrific Beatin From Boyfriend / Woman Returns To Barber Shop To Shoot Barber Because Of Bad Hair Cut

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.