Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,962 members, 7,903,071 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 12:16 AM

Agbaje's Letter To Non-indigenes Of Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Agbaje's Letter To Non-indigenes Of Lagos (913 Views)

Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu / 293 Rescued Women, Girls Are Indigenes Of Bumisiri Village / Non-Indigenes Of Lagos March To INEC Office To Demand PVCs (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Agbaje's Letter To Non-indigenes Of Lagos by Biliamin(m): 10:34am On Apr 11, 2015
I want to ask... what type of politics is this? What are we preaching in the name of campaign? must we get to power at all cost?

Are non indigenes the only tenants in Lagos? Are they the only business people in Lagos? Can state govt levy taxes only on non indigenes?

I still don't understand the reason for this...

1 Like

Re: Agbaje's Letter To Non-indigenes Of Lagos by Nursecaleb(m): 10:36am On Apr 11, 2015
Mumu
Re: Agbaje's Letter To Non-indigenes Of Lagos by UrennaNkoli(f): 10:37am On Apr 11, 2015
Agbaje is already a failure.

Sai Ambode.

3 Likes

Re: Agbaje's Letter To Non-indigenes Of Lagos by bamidele029: 10:38am On Apr 11, 2015
This type of politics is evil

1 Like

Re: Agbaje's Letter To Non-indigenes Of Lagos by Waspy(m): 11:06am On Apr 11, 2015
We know the non-indigenes that he's bent on manipulating and exploiting.... The gullible and unreasonable flat.heads. undecided angry

1 Like

Re: Agbaje's Letter To Non-indigenes Of Lagos by jamitt: 11:24am On Apr 11, 2015
When APC campaigns they are right and when PDP campaigns they are wrong, Before now we all clamour for change and why are we now shifting the goal post, Jimi Agbaje is a Bonafide indigenous son of this Great state and he aspire to be the Governor of the state and they wants to crucify him and if he choose to achieve his goal through non indigene, I don,t there is anything wrong with that after all Democracy is a game of number, majority wins.
Re: Agbaje's Letter To Non-indigenes Of Lagos by craleonic: 11:32am On Apr 11, 2015
Wow...I find it hard to believe JK would stoop so low to such dirty lies.
Re: Agbaje's Letter To Non-indigenes Of Lagos by Biliamin(m): 11:39am On Apr 12, 2015
craleonic:
Wow...I find it hard to believe JK would stoop so low to such dirty lies.

The Igbo in Lagos have appealed to Lagos State
government and the state Commissioner of Police,
Mr Kayode Aderanti, to put security measures in place
to ensure the protection of their lives and property
after the general elections.
The appeal came just as they demanded an apology
from Oba Rilwan Akiolu of Lagos over his comment
that the Igbo would perish in the Lagos lagoon, in
seven days, if they did not vote for his choice
governorship candidate in yesterday’s elections.
The Chairman, Ohaneze Ndigbo in Amuwo Odofin local
government area, Chief Akalika Emmanuel, explained
that the call for the protection of life and property
became necessary to avoid unforeseen circumstances.
Acknowledging the intervention of the president elect,
General Muhammadu Buhari, and opinion leaders from
Igbo and Yoruba land, Emmanuel stated that the Igbo
had sheathed their sword in demonstration of their
love for Lagos State, as well as their maturity and
willingness to be each other brothers’ keepers.
Nevertheless, he demanded that a documentary prove
that such threat from Akiolu would not repeat itself
be made available, adding that the property of Ndi -
Igbo would not be unduly taxed nor demolished, no
matter the direction of the victory of yesterday’s
governorship election.
Continuing he said: “We also demand that our
business premises and other matters of interest will
not come under any form of intimidation now or in
future”.
www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/igbo-appeal-to-lagos-
govt-police-to-protect-them-after-elections/
#sthash.C51WB0Ek.dpuf

what could have been the reason for this appeal? can you see any similarity between the letter and Igbo's appeal?

(1) (Reply)

Lai Mohammed And APC Cry Out Again / If Buhari Wants To Be A Pharaoh,then He Will Find A Moses In Me - Asari Dokubo / What Happened To The 9.2 Billion Naira Wonder Stove

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.