Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,957 members, 7,879,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 10:17 AM

GEJ And The Nigerian Politician, Presidential Vs Gubernitorial Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ And The Nigerian Politician, Presidential Vs Gubernitorial Elections (461 Views)

Fayose Better Than Other Nigerian Politician - Photos Speak / Kogi Gubernitorial Election, New Issues And My Opinon- Obi C.t. Esq / Governor Fashola Addresses Lagosians On April 11th Gubernitorial Election. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

GEJ And The Nigerian Politician, Presidential Vs Gubernitorial Elections by DebateNigeria: 1:23pm On Apr 11, 2015
Dear Nairalanders,
I decided to open this thread so as to air my opinion because of the way this Gubernitorial elections is going. The high rate of violence is unprecedented particularly in the southern part of the country.
Haven said the above, it is imperative for me to draw a comparison between President Jonathan and all the actors involved in this Gubernitorial elections. The presidential elections was calm, almost violent free and peaceful but we are beginning to see the other side of politicians who are greedy and play a "do-or-die" kind of politics.
President Jonathan had/has the ability and power to even perpetuate worse than what these evil politicians (both APC and PDP) are doing, but instead he did the honorable thing and followed the path of peace and true democracy. I wish all the state governors and political gladiators can follow the path of Jonathan, but unfortunately, they are more concerned about their stomach than patriotism.
People often attribute the victory of the opposition in the March 28th election to the people, some say that INEC has made it very difficult to rig and that the people were resolute, but I am sure we are witnessing a sharp contrast from what happened on the 28th of March. This elections will/may be the worse elections in the history of our land in terms of violence and rigging, yet we are in the 21st century, we are suppose to be more civilized, politics/elections should be like football where sometimes you win some and sometimes you lose some.
I personally do not like a part of Jonathan, but I will forever be grateful for his sportsmanship, his efforts towards unity and laying the foundation for numerous infrastructural development in Nigeria.
Only mature comments please. And for your information, I am not partisan, but I am in for change.

(1) (Reply)

Pics: Army Men Seize Car Keys From People Going To Vote In Asaba / How PDP Won Governorship Election In A-ibom / Ekiti People Should Reason Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.