Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,243 members, 7,950,321 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 12:06 PM

Igbo Claims To Have Founded Lagos,threatens the Yorubas - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Claims To Have Founded Lagos,threatens the Yorubas (749 Views)

Lagos Threatens To Seize Trucks Between 6am And 9pm / Fayose Threatens The Unity of Nigeria - Presidency Warns Nigerians / Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Claims To Have Founded Lagos,threatens the Yorubas by Crispels(m): 1:30pm On Apr 11, 2015
I just saw this post on Lagos State Facebook Page and am suprised an Igbo man could type this, the likes of Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie,Don Jazzy,Basket Mouth,Linda Ikeji etc will not see this now and see why the Yorubas are angry with the Igbos.
Yes,Lagos is a metropolitan city but insulting the Yorubas over their Land is completely out of the box. I study Lagos History in Lagos State University(LASU) and the Yorubas have been inhabitating Lagos as far back as the 9th century.Aromire was the first man from Ile-Ife to live in Lagos,so it will be delusional to claim what belongs to others. You can even pick the GNS textbook(Vol 2) of LASU and you will read the whole History of Lagos there,it would be educating. economically,Lagos had grown its own economy since the 14th century and it was one of the strongest in Africa then,even before it came in contact with the benins or even the Igbos that only came to Lagos in the 19th century(over 10,000 years after the Yorubas have been living there and developing their Land).
As a matter of Fact, it was because Lagos economy has already boomed that made the white men love it and hence,put the seat of power there,Yorubas already built their first bridge themselves even before Nigeria was amalgamated.

Please let's be careful to avoid violence or reactions from the Locals.

Re: Igbo Claims To Have Founded Lagos,threatens the Yorubas by 76Naira(m): 1:36pm On Apr 11, 2015
Please stop this trash throwing.
You lift something off someone's Facebook page and immediately make him an Igbo spokesman. He is no more a representative for the Igbos as one Yemi is for the Yorubas. Please reclassify this as an individual opinion, learn the lessons if there be any, that you need for your Yoruba history degree and move on.

Enough of these trash slinging please.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Claims To Have Founded Lagos,threatens the Yorubas by tupem: 1:37pm On Apr 11, 2015
as for Me, dis na correct PDP arrangee joor! I Have 2 fb account bearing what I wrote there! I can open an account and write Alkali Tanko! it's not everything we read online we believe! just saying!
Re: Igbo Claims To Have Founded Lagos,threatens the Yorubas by Mortiple(m): 1:37pm On Apr 11, 2015
All of you are rascals. May God punish anybody that is hating on another tribe!
Re: Igbo Claims To Have Founded Lagos,threatens the Yorubas by Nobody: 1:49pm On Apr 11, 2015
if only the oba applied wisdom in that speech he made,all this wouldn't be happening...God pls save this country from the tools of destruction.
Re: Igbo Claims To Have Founded Lagos,threatens the Yorubas by jimi4us: 1:54pm On Apr 11, 2015

Re: Igbo Claims To Have Founded Lagos,threatens the Yorubas by Henrypraise41(m): 2:10pm On Apr 11, 2015
Pls dont copy everything you see on facebook and past hear to cause confusion, i thought you said you schooled or you are schooling at lasu, and your common sense did not tell you this is election period which anybody can cook up a story just to cause propaganda or to make yorubas hate igbos. Nairaland is not where you could post anything you see on social media without finding out the authencity of the story, pls be careful on what you post, dont drag igbos into what they dont know.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Pursues $20 Billion Nuclear Power Plants / Inconclusive Election In Abia State; Abia State Civil Society Call For Rerun / Boko Haram Renames Itself “islamic State In West Africa”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.