Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,846 members, 7,889,823 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 09:45 PM

Ekiti Impeachment Notice - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Impeachment Notice (1238 Views)

Ondo Deputy Governor Served Impeachment Notice / The Illegality In Ekiti Impeachment Saga / Graphic Pics: One Shot Dead This Morning During Ekiti Impeachment Saga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti Impeachment Notice by Akprof(m): 1:23pm On Apr 12, 2015
Few days ago, the 19 out of 26 lawmakers of the Ekiti State House of Assembly which belong to APC has made known their intention to impeach the State Governor, Dr. PAF (Peter Ayodele Fayose).
Going with the process of the notice of impeachment, it seems to be unofficial and informal simply because these legislators made such outside the State Assembly Complex without the Mace and out Outside the jurisdiction of the State (Lagos).
After much efforts to remove the Governor which proved abortive due to support of the people of the State to Dr. PAF, the Lawmakers on Thursday last week wrote a letter to the CJ of the State to set up a seven days panel to investigate and institute the Impeachment.
But with the new result released by INEC where PDP cleared 25 seats in the State House of Assembly and the remaining one seat was occupied by the Labour party. Is this not an evidence that people of the State love this man called Fayose and is it still possible for the APC to impeach Dr. PAF.
Re: Ekiti Impeachment Notice by ademega(m): 1:27pm On Apr 12, 2015
Even if they will fail in removing him ,one thing I am sure of is that he can't complete his tenure . base on law of karma
Re: Ekiti Impeachment Notice by Akprof(m): 1:37pm On Apr 12, 2015
Law of Karmal in what sense? Is it because he joined the APC to remove Segun Oni? Let me ask you some questions: (1) Are you and indigene of Ekiti State? (2) Are are you in Ekiti State when Segun Oni was the Governor?
Ekiti people themselves hated Segun Oni then that was the reason his removal was not controversial.
Moreover Dr. PAF since his inception in October last year has done nothing that warrant his impeachment. But if you bare to look at this issue very well, it more or less a political sentimentality and indifferences.
APC in Ekiti has never for onces accept defeat since 1999 if you check the hsitory of Ekiti politics. Ekiti should not be a place of war and mockery rather it should land of learning and where people will imitate their systems.
My brother, we have to rise up against this abnormality in the system.
If PAF is eventually impeached, then it has become a trend of the State politics and so it will continue and there will no be any development.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Impeachment Notice by mogentle(m): 2:45pm On Apr 12, 2015
Akprof:
Law of Karmal in what sense? Is it because he joined the APC to remove Segun Oni? Let me ask you some questions: (1) Are you and indigene of Ekiti State? (2) Are are you in Ekiti State when Segun Oni was the Governor?
Ekiti people themselves hated Segun Oni then that was the reason his removal was not controversial.
Moreover Dr. PAF since his inception in October last year has done nothing that warrant his impeachment. But if you bare to look at this issue very well, it more or less a political sentimentality and indifferences.
APC in Ekiti has never for onces accept defeat since 1999 if you check the hsitory of Ekiti politics. Ekiti should not be a place of war and mockery rather it should land of learning and where people will imitate their systems.
My brother, we have to rise up against this abnormality in the system.
If PAF is eventually impeached, then it has become a trend of the State politics and so it will continue and there will no be any development.
You said Fayose did not commit any impeachable offence? So, how many lawmakers approved the budget he's implementing? How many lawmakers impeached Omirin?
Why did his thugs keep distrupting the G-19 seatings? ETC. Remember that the 19 lawmakers were at press conference in Lagos while impeachment was going on, so how did they in Ekiti form quorum. Abi mechanic dey join legislators ni?

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Impeachment Notice by Adegbodolu1: 3:00pm On Apr 12, 2015
As much as i want to see the back of Fayose (such personality and character has no business in governance) the 19 legislators have, as result of the election result, lost credibility and relevance. Though they are allowed to proceed with the impeachment and it would meet constitutional requirements however, such a deeply political act without reference to the true feelings of the state's electorate would be a mistake.

My gut feelings is that Fayose will survive this though at the back of my mind I want him to fall on the sword.
Re: Ekiti Impeachment Notice by Nobody: 3:09pm On Apr 12, 2015
Bro, the funny thing about the APC 19 charade is that even the CJ and the Clerk are not recognising Omirin as Speaker. The Chief Registrar of Ekiti Juciciary said some days ago that they are not aware of any impeachment, same with the Clerk. They are on a long thing...

Up PAF

(1) (Reply)

Buhari: How We’ll Bring Back Nigeria’s Economy / Ikorodu Get New King, Gov. Fashola Installs New Ayangburen / Photo: Tinubu If You Fight The Daura President, Y'd End Up Here Again. So Beware

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.