Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,900 members, 7,886,434 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 10:20 AM

Qualifications To Become An Igbo Chief - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Qualifications To Become An Igbo Chief (1322 Views)

"Oba Akiolu Didn't Snub Ooni Of Ife" - White Cap Chief / Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA / When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Qualifications To Become An Igbo Chief by 50Cal: 3:35pm On Apr 12, 2015
Hello NL,

This discussion is pointed out to my Igbo dawgs, or those in NL who are well accustomed to Igbo land. Ok, I see a lot of guys after graduating from college here in USA or UK, after like five years they are now going by Chief John Doe, chief this, chief that. From a leadership perspective what are the requirements to become an Igbo chief? Are we talking just the person becoming successful in their professional field (e.g. medicine, accounting, business, e.t.c) or do they have to make tangible contributions to the advancement of Igbo society?

50Cal..
Re: Qualifications To Become An Igbo Chief by sam4(m): 3:36pm On Apr 12, 2015
pls wait for me
Re: Qualifications To Become An Igbo Chief by iphanyiuma(m): 3:38pm On Apr 12, 2015
Requirements :
1) Just be rich
2) Have lots of money
3)Be a rich man
4)Be rich again
5) Be ready to spend
You're on your way to become a good chief gringringrin

2 Likes

Re: Qualifications To Become An Igbo Chief by isan(m): 3:52pm On Apr 12, 2015
1: kno how to claim what is not yours
2:chest beating ontop nothing
3:be a prof in kidnapper
4:419
Re: Qualifications To Become An Igbo Chief by 50Cal: 4:54pm On Apr 12, 2015
...that cannot possibly be 100% of Igbo chiefs. I mean the chieftancy authority certainly does not go out their seeking out rich people who have reached a certain salary. there has to a "key" element of obtaining that title after the person is rich.
Re: Qualifications To Become An Igbo Chief by bokohalal(m): 6:31pm On Apr 13, 2015
50Cal:
...that cannot possibly be 100% of Igbo chiefs. I mean the chieftancy authority certainly does not go out their seeking out rich people who have reached a certain salary. there has to a "key" element of obtaining that title after the person is rich.
Okay.

(1) (Reply)

Hierarchy Of Kings In Yoruba According To Alake Of Egbaland / How Afonja (yorubas) Lost The Ilorin Throne / PHOTOS: Installation Ceremony Of Chief Gani Adams As Aare Ona Kakanfo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.