Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,569 members, 7,944,725 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 10:50 PM

Business Ideas For 2009 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business Ideas For 2009 (928 Views)

25 Small Scale Business Ideas In Nigeria / Please I Need The Financial Statement Of Nigerian Wire And Cable Plc For 2009-12 / World Bank's Prediction for 2009 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Business Ideas For 2009 by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jan 28, 2009
hello nairalanders

i need advice on current demands /needs of nigerians.
businesses one can start up with btw N500,000 and N1m

pls only serious imputs and matured minds only .

i also have d option of travelling to UK and bringing in things. what products do u think will do well.
Re: Business Ideas For 2009 by bluaces: 3:51pm On Jan 28, 2009
it depends, the issue is not about what to sell but about what markets you are connected with,

knwing the sources depends and affects your sales,

Take an example you may have an item difficult to sell yet someone elsewhere needs it seriously,

i urge you to seek information first as much as you can,

, asides market you should consider cheap source of purchasing abroad and sales contact that will yield good ROI after sale in Nigeria if you decide to go into importing, but let me give a couple of tip offs, if you must do business in nigeria,do business that would soil your hands and be careful about location, if you must do business home and away consider increasing your capital minimum 40% before proceeding your business that way you have the capital less strained invst the 40% in a financial instrument as backup and do business with your 500k or 1m with lesser fear,

, got to know of a few items that sell in bulk here in naija, amongst them is football boots, medium sizes,

i hope you find useful info here, tk Helen,
Re: Business Ideas For 2009 by chi512: 8:47am On Feb 13, 2009
there thousand of biz u can invest ur moni into,there is properties biz,u can also invest in any investment companies.but shares now is out of it.u can as well check out easytrade concept LTD at www.easytrade concept.com. and lean more.
Re: Business Ideas For 2009 by koko57: 10:55am On Feb 13, 2009
properties is a gud business for those who have big sum of capital,i have 500thousand to invest on business.
Re: Business Ideas For 2009 by segun12: 11:13am On Feb 13, 2009
i think i have heard about investment companies but i am nt ok with there % and i most case i do ask my self wat kind of business do they do,to pay such % they give out.i nd more information about this.
Re: Business Ideas For 2009 by awalright(m): 1:54pm On Feb 14, 2009
For me, I think if you invest that money in the ICT business, you're bound to reap the gains from your investment. How about going into Recharge Card Business where you buy a resell right from the network companies (e.g Zain, MTN, Etisalat, Glo, etc) and resell it to small investors. With time, you're become the BIG CHICKS in da city
Re: Business Ideas For 2009 by chase4(m): 9:13am On Feb 15, 2009
awalright:

For me, I think if you invest that money in the ICT business, you're bound to reap the gains from your investment. How about going into Recharge Card Business where you buy a resell right from the network companies (e.g Zain, MTN, Etisalat, Glo, etc) and resell it to small investors. With time, you're become the BIG CHICKS in da city

@ Awalright, can you explain that better ? I have been eyeing this recharge card business for sometime now.
Re: Business Ideas For 2009 by brianromel(m): 2:24pm On Feb 15, 2009
Oh recharge card printing business is a business where u buy the pins and print by yourself then sell to the public.
The good thing is that the pins are a bit cheaper than the ones sold on paper.
The bad part are
1.you have to buy paper and print the pins,which when estimated via paper and printing,costs more or same as those sold by dealers
2.can only print 100 and 200 naira cards,
3. 2 or 3pins out of a batch might not work
4.you have to find a market for your pins as most phone stands buy from dedicated dealers in their area.
5.opportunity for making money here depends on the pins you get and your ability to find a large pull of clients you will supply to.

(1) (Reply)

Youngpreneur: A Celebration Of Young Biz People / How Do I Get Short Code Service Like Hmm 33032 / Do You Really Believe That You Can Become Milionaire In Poultry Business?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.