Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,155 members, 7,890,911 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 12:20 AM

I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari (26371 Views)

US: Buhari’s Agenda Very Well Matches Ours / Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warn Aides / I’ll Restore Military Ties With US –buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by taakper: 9:41am On Apr 15, 2015
Wat an old man see sitting,,,a child can't see even wen on mount everest,,, oooooops baba,,,,carry go
Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 15, 2015
If the UNITED STATES become sincere with NIGERIA, its a good one.
GMB should be careful with the U.S. and should never extend a hand to the U.S. Wen it comes to activating the Gay and Lesbian law in Nigeria! That would Crumble this Nation.
Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by Nobody: 9:47am On Apr 15, 2015
texazzpete:

... Because Russia and China themselves are not good puppet masters?

You guys know nothing about history. Any big power allying with you will seek to use you. Nothing wrong with being a friend to all, let them court you with gifts.

Dine with the devil with long spoon and you'll be fine. Jonathan was trying to dine with a teaspoon.

Nope, you're the one who doesn't know your history. If you did, you'd know that Nigeria has always pursued a foreign policy of non-alignment with Africa as its primary concern.

I'd wish for this policy to continue, because like the original poster said, it'll make us no one's puppet, and give us more freedom to pursue our interests internationally without fear of going against the wishes of our allies.

2 Likes

Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by BraniacX(m): 9:47am On Apr 15, 2015
lolaxavier:

Buhari sounds more directional in his efforts to combat insurgency. His plans may not be full proof. It might not be 100% achievable but there is a focus and that's what Nigerians are riding on.

He is yet to start and take the reins of power. Let him have some periods on the throne first to exercise his power before casting doubts. After all, someone was there for six years and never had a clue as to how to stir the nation.

The way some of you run your foul mouth sometimes is worse than repugnant, so GEJ never knew how to stir the nation abi? Have you asked yourself what the fine details or conditions of this agreement were that made GEJ to rather go without it? Of course not, as far as you're concerned Uncle Sam is right( especially as they never have hidden agendas, well according to you anyway ) and GEJ is clueless because you don't like him, well am not just sorry for you, am sorry for Nigeria now that GEJ is going, he tried to prove a point that Nigeria is too big to be anybody's stooge or puppet and cultivated rival alliances with russia and china as a balancing act, before entering buhari is selling us on a platter of gold back to Uncle Sam, who will he turn to then when Uncle Sam decides he has outlived his usefulness?

My suggestion to you is that next time you buy or pay for a good or service or a good or service is being marketed to you and you hear "terms and conditions apply", please settle down and read the terms and conditions first just like the so called clueless GEJ did, or you'll be in for a surprise in the not too distant future.
Those terms and conditions which buhari is too busy or too in a hurry to read, are more important than they look.

Or has the U.S suddenly become father christmas?

4 Likes

Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by Truckpusher(m): 9:48am On Apr 15, 2015
Bawss1:

You are giving too much credit to Jonathan, I doubt he noticed any double standards.

Anyway so you think Nigeria, that is not a known arms producer should sit all by itself instead of allying with superpowers that clearly have an edge in military matters? That must be a very naive form of national pride, nations fortify and strengthen themselves by allying with others. Nothing wrong with this as long as each nation enters into alliances where it stands to gain most.
[b]Well, it seems you don't understand how international politics works - A country like Nigeria that is situated in Sub Sahara Africa do no need any form alliance with any country militarily except for trade,commerce,tourism and technological improvement in medicine,manufacturing and general development.

The US will never ally with you for any reason unless you're strategically situated against or for their interests and once these two are out of the equation then such alliance has to be questioned and scrutinized unlike South Korea, Vietnam,Turkey,Egypt,Georgia,Saudi Arabia and their second world war allied members and recently Ukraine that they are planning to make a NATO member state by fire by force against Russia's wish which led to the annexation of Crimea.These are their allied nations where their security, Israel's security,oil security and security against the spread of communism is the major factor for such alliance.So , tell me what form of alliance are we allying with this strange bed fellow?

Don't talk about oil - They've stopped buying oil from us ever since they started their shale gas because they were already planning an economic war on Russia.

So, tell me which country is given us so much fear to seek any form of alliance with the US?
[/b]

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by ololo12: 9:49am On Apr 15, 2015
@ cap28, Thoth, deepsight, igbo2011- finally our suspicion of Buhari being a US puppet has been confirmed. Nigeria is finished.

2 Likes

Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by eleko1: 9:51am On Apr 15, 2015
I dnt engaged a Brainless kid like U in argument.Go and play with tyre.
BraniacX:

I pity foolish Nigerians like you who can't read between the lines, have you asked yourself what the specifics involved are?
Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by vicogu76(m): 9:51am On Apr 15, 2015
gaetano:
ok na, biko dont also forget to.....

1. Stabilize world oil price.
2. Make 1Naira=1dollar

na u promise us o. Cos i'm still watching with my 3D glasses.
shey the guy man na opec, abeg too much talking we want to see ur GODship
Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by Osakah24(m): 9:53am On Apr 15, 2015
Written script playing out,restore the ties and US will call boko boys to order,arrange the chibok girls back to their home and we will sing victory song while US continues the milking process all over again.
Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by denedene(m): 9:56am On Apr 15, 2015
Mehnnn this is taking us backward. we should be independent
Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by chernest2002: 9:56am On Apr 15, 2015
Just waiting for may 29 for the dull brain to take over and put everything for reverse, abi him no be soldier again.

2 Likes

Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by Nobody: 9:57am On Apr 15, 2015
supereagle:

How on earth can reason this way? Baba will never do that .
My man u have to REASON beyond the FLOWERS occupying the obvious areas of a vegetation to know that BETTER ONES lie underneath.

The US spearheaded GEJ's exit...by.
1)DISCONTINUED oil trade b/w US and NIGERIA, so as to cripple the economy.

2)REFUSAL to sell ARMOURY to NIGERIA to curb BOKO BOYS..

3)WITHELD EBOLA antidote from NIGERIA.

4)THEY reportedly spotted CHIBOK ladies via aeronautics and refused to deliver the info to us.

5)ALL THESE started after GEJ out rightly declared WAR on homosexuals.., with US and BRITAIN declaring UNREST for GEJ ,
just wait , I have more facts..

3 Likes

Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by Franzeez(m): 9:57am On Apr 15, 2015
PassingShot:
This type of well articulated plan and responses to issues is what drives the GEJites of this forum nuts.

Some of them have already started casting doubts and aspersions on the General's well marshalled plans.

What shall it profit TANoids to lose the presidency woefully due to hate campaign and still continue in the same campaign after the loss?

One thing that is certain is GMB will outperform his predecessors put together because he has the political will which they lacked.

I love to attack you and the old Kunu drunk.
Let me tell you it is not about planning that someone wrote on the paper for the retardedd General to read. The point us if the old fool fails to fulfil his promises we will remind the Kunu President that we know he is a retardedd general.
Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by BraniacX(m): 9:57am On Apr 15, 2015
Truckpusher:
[b]Well, it seems you don't understand how international politics works - A country like Nigeria that is situated in Sub Sahara Africa do no need any form alliance with any country militarily except for trade,commerce,tourism and technological improvement in medicine,manufacturing and general development.

The US will never ally with you for any reason unless you're strategically situated against or for their interests and once these two are out of the equation then such alliance has to be questioned and scrutinized unlike South Korea, Vietnam,Turkey,Egypt,Georgia,Saudi Arabia and their second world war allied members and recently Ukraine that they are planning to make a NATO member state by fire by force against Russia's wish which led to the annexation of Crimea.These are their allied nations where their security, Israel's security,oil security and security against the spread of communism is the major factor for such alliance.So , tell me what form of alliance are we allying with this strange bed fellow?

Don't talk about oil - They've stopped buying oil from us ever since they started their shale gas because they were already planning an economic war on Russia.

So, tell me which country is given us so much fear to seek any form of alliance with the US?
[/b]

My brother, help me ask them oh!!!

Am tired of explaining international politics to many ignorant Nigerians who still come to run their mouths loudly because they feel they have the right to their opinions regardless of their obvious ignorance

2 Likes

Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by ojsmscom(m): 9:59am On Apr 15, 2015
time to sell us back to us and sign the gay marriage

1 Like

Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by BraniacX(m): 10:01am On Apr 15, 2015
eleko1:
I dnt engaged a Brainless kid like U in argument.Go and play with tyre.

I hear you! Now back to my question, have you asked yourself what the specifics or fine details of this agreement are?

1 Like

Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by donshaddow(m): 10:01am On Apr 15, 2015
signz:
This is the opinion of a beegeagle blogger.

Ola on April 15, 2015 at 4:25 am
I just read this. http://www.punchng.com/news/ill-restore-military-ties-with-us-buhari/
Could somebody please read into this and inteprete it?
In my huble opinion, this is not the time for a government to kowtow to the US. Govt should speedily focus on speedily modernising and reorganizing the army, development of domestic technological platforms that are of military importance, see to the acquisition of state of the equipment and complimentary technology transfer to all arms of the military and lastly, make the military grow to at a faster projection than our economy. Largest economy on the continent should feature the strongest and one of the best armies on the continent and in the world. In my humble opinion again, US should not play a frontal role in this. There is no nation in the world that has been able to develop her domestic military industry by relying on the US. Even Japan and South Korea have had to restrategise in recent times because of the rising threat from China while their romance with their US ally has left them backward. US is only interested in selling their weapons to you, if they like you. They will NEVER help your domestic development militarily. Meanwhile, the day you offend them, they ground your entire army with embargo on spares!
Even our dear MoD in the UK is slowly realising dependency on the US only keeps you back and we would see the UK military slowly reducing it’s dependence on the US and NATO and re-awakening their domestic military industries in the next decade. I hope Buhari will not sell out Nigeria as a “thank you” to those who helped to bully and blackmail Jonathan out of office. Please note that I don’t have any political affiliations and I honestly don’t care who wins in an election, so long as the person moves Nigeria forward and does the needful!

Well articulated and delivered.

Thanks for your foresights.

1 Like

Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by Telfax(m): 10:02am On Apr 15, 2015
Wrong move by the president. gmb is now d real clueless president. the millitary is a very sensitive part in any nation,state or nation-state and therefore represent a large organ that calls for respect for its sovereignty. The u.s are betrayers and shuld neva b entrustd wit our military. our militarys secrets should be protectd from foreign bodies especially the u.s. For how long shall we continue to be slaves? china,india,Russia, north korea, Singapore etc all kickd against the us and e.u showing disrespect to their sovereignty. Now the us uses the media to blackmail this counties, makin documentaries and promotin media mockery against this countries. but these countries keep advancing on a daily basis. Nigeria shuld protect it's sovereignty like these countries are doing,go into technology wit all muscles,then we will be truely be independent,our economy wil not be controld by dollar rise anymor. China use techology and made the u.s submit apple to them as all iphones ar now made in china. India is making the u.s submit in I.T. Russia making the us submit in space research and exploration and nuclear tech as they have the best nuclear tech in the world bt dnt boast about it. etc. Nigeria have the potential to make The u.s submit in any technology area we choose. That way nigerians will experience wht a beautiful and bleased country they have in which the u.s are havin sleepless nights to prevent nigerians from seein the great potential and opportunities available. Knowledge is what the u.s are using to control. let Nigerians halt this nonsense strategy the u.s employs by trying to do tins our way. we can do evryth given the great human and material resources available!!!

6 Likes

Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by Ahmeduana(m): 10:06am On Apr 15, 2015
owobokiri:
It is official: Buhari will turn Nigeria into a colony. This explains the reason for Americas overzealous supporrt of APC. Obasanjo did exactly the same thing. This is the biggest economy in Africa. This is the most populous black nation on earth. This economy is worth hundred of billions of dollars, YET, nearly a century after independence, an incoming president is so proud to beg for BASIC military training from country that has repeatedly shown little or no respect for both Nigeria and Nigerians! Can we ever grow as a country? Where has our national self esteem gone?
I CAN STILL REMEMBER ALL YOUR ANTI-JONATHAN COMMENTS ON NAIRALAND!
Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by AKPARAJA: 10:06am On Apr 15, 2015
No amnesty for anybody oooooo else this country go tumble.He should restore ties with them after all they are the ones that helped him to win tru d backdoor
Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by BraniacX(m): 10:07am On Apr 15, 2015
texazzpete:

You guys know nothing about history. Any big power allying with you will seek to use you. Nothing wrong with being a friend to all, let them court you with gifts.

Dine with the devil with long spoon and you'll be fine. Jonathan was trying to dine with a teaspoon.

They are but with them Nigeria was never a puppet, we were more like a good market and a possible ally, with uncle sam however....................

1 Like

Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by Truckpusher(m): 10:11am On Apr 15, 2015
BraniacX:

My brother, help me ask them oh!!!

Am tired of explaining international politics to many ignorant Nigerians who still come to run their mouths loudly because they feel they have the right to their opinions regardless of their obvious ignorance
The poor man obviously do not understand the consequences of always wining and dinning with the rich man until he gets the same disease with the rich man grin grin
Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by freshdude99(m): 10:11am On Apr 15, 2015
texazzpete:

Crashing brain Guuy wake up shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by Ahmeduana(m): 10:12am On Apr 15, 2015
shigoslim:
U see i thought Nigeria is sovereigns nation. Anyway there is notING bad in building ALLIANCE with THE US govt but the question we should BE asking ourselves is that WILL THE US govt ever pray for Nigeria to become a strong and DEVELOPE nation? Our eyes we soon clear, GEJ has TAKEN rightful decision by building strong ALLIANCE with Russian and China. Can US economy stand with that of China and Russian? I doubt it, Nigeria is a learning, keep on experiment on leaders .
Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by Bawss1(m): 10:13am On Apr 15, 2015
Truckpusher:

[/b]

Funny dude, you completely overlook the fact that the US military is probably the most advanced and equipped force on earth today. Entering into a military alliance with them means that to some measure Nigeria will gain from its vast knowledge and expertise in this area. Do you want us to wait till a rogue country with North Korea-like ambitions crops up in our region before we start scrambling for alliances? Is the multi faceted threat of religious fundamentalism not a sufficient reason to want to have them by our sides.

Your argument would have had some merit if Nigeria had a considerable expertise in weapons and arms development but alas we don't have that. Even countries like South Africa and Australia that are geographically far from immediate threats still enter into alliances, (and they have a developed arms industry than ours) how much more do we need such alliances?

The trick is to forge alliances where our interests are secured.

1 Like

Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by hotmas911(m): 10:14am On Apr 15, 2015
chidekings:
one of the reasons i love Gej.. Nigerian should not be a western puppet,lets look east to russia and china.
provide me with a list of countries that have looked east and are better off for it and I will also give you list of countries that looked west. Even China had to look west.
Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by africanusvu(m): 10:14am On Apr 15, 2015
This Buhari of a man,Promising nigeria heaven on earth,Hope he knws wat he is saying,this is an early sign of a gvt of caricarture,the only thing nw is for this man to promise giving us his wife to sleep with,One wil just wake up in d morning and beging to make highly impossible promises ,free education frm nursery,one dollar to one naira,constant light and water,100percent employment,etc,where is he hoping to fund all these from? Niger delta oil,it ma be a disaster,thank God South south and south east that funds nigeria is PDP
Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by condralbede(m): 10:17am On Apr 15, 2015
In a land of myth and a time of magic, the destiny of a great kingdom rests on the shoulders of one old man. His name: Buhari
Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by BraniacX(m): 10:17am On Apr 15, 2015
fitzmayowa:
We are not interested in how you get the job done what nigerians are interested in is getting results, if restoring relationship with US will secure the country better then i say they should go for it...IMO

If I were obama and reading your comments and comments like yours i'll be like hia grin hia grin hia grin hia grin hia grin hia grin hia grin hia grin hia grin hia grin hia grin hia grin hia grin hia grin hia grin hia grin hia grin hia grin hia grin hia grin hia grin hia grin hia grin hia grin hia grin hia see these mumus......

Do you remember that nothing goes for nothing and something goes for something? What something does america expect to get in return that GEJ was unwilling to give them but GMB is in exchange for the help he received from them? Are we going to be the proverbial Esau that sold his birthright for a plate of porridge?

2 Likes

Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by BraniacX(m): 10:19am On Apr 15, 2015
signz:
This is the opinion of a beegeagle blogger.

Ola on April 15, 2015 at 4:25 am
I just read this. http://www.punchng.com/news/ill-restore-military-ties-with-us-buhari/
Could somebody please read into this and inteprete it?
In my huble opinion, this is not the time for a government to kowtow to the US. Govt should speedily focus on speedily modernising and reorganizing the army, development of domestic technological platforms that are of military importance, see to the acquisition of state of the equipment and complimentary technology transfer to all arms of the military and lastly, make the military grow to at a faster projection than our economy. Largest economy on the continent should feature the strongest and one of the best armies on the continent and in the world. In my humble opinion again, US should not play a frontal role in this. There is no nation in the world that has been able to develop her domestic military industry by relying on the US. Even Japan and South Korea have had to restrategise in recent times because of the rising threat from China while their romance with their US ally has left them backward. US is only interested in selling their weapons to you, if they like you. They will NEVER help your domestic development militarily. Meanwhile, the day you offend them, they ground your entire army with embargo on spares!
Even our dear MoD in the UK is slowly realising dependency on the US only keeps you back and we would see the UK military slowly reducing it’s dependence on the US and NATO and re-awakening their domestic military industries in the next decade. I hope Buhari will not sell out Nigeria as a “thank you” to those who helped to bully and blackmail Jonathan out of office. Please note that I don’t have any political affiliations and I honestly don’t care who wins in an election, so long as the person moves Nigeria forward and does the needful!

My brother may GOD bless you abundantly

2 Likes

Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by Youpele52: 10:21am On Apr 15, 2015
chidekings:
one of the reasons i love Gej.. Nigerian should not be a western puppet ,lets look east to russia and china.

You dey think well

1 Like

Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by hensben(m): 10:21am On Apr 15, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
Promise here & there, somebody help me tell GMB sey I dey jot all hin promises down incase if he tries to deny any1. It will be so clueless of him if he's just a toothless bull dog.. Nigerians are watching, besides

[size=16pt]Action Speaks Louder Than ..... [/size]
he was asked by media oga.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Governor Ugwuanyi To Meet With 16-Year-Old Toy Maker, Chukwu Emmanuel / Adamu Garba Compares Self To Bill Gates In Response To Being Expelled From KUST / Tinubu Orders Suspension Of Cybersecurity Levy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.