Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,227 members, 7,947,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 01:24 PM

Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos (39400 Views)

Police React To Northern Youths Ultimatum To Igbos, Issue Warning / Jonathan Reacts To Ultimatum Given To Igbos By Northern Youths / Fani-Kayode Blasts Kerry: "Your Statement To Sultan Is Garbage" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by Duru1(m): 7:09pm On Apr 15, 2015
@Ijeoma Ozichi

I have no qualms since you choose to display your ignorance in the public place. It is a welcome cheap fame and please enjoy it, However, I shall remind you that first Mayor of Enugu was Fulani man from Sokoto when people such as Bello, Awolowo and Akintola were twisted out of human form because an Igbo man was living among them in Nigeria.
Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by homirefacuny(m): 7:25pm On Apr 15, 2015
waternogetemeny:

Again, u need to stop quoting as u are totally empty and devoid of reason. If not for the good heart of my fore fathers their wouldnt be a Nigeria in the first place.

1) Igbos fought with the colonialist to liberate Nigeria even wen the Northerners wanted to remain under colonial rule.

2) They believed so much in the black african brotherhood that whilst the north wanted to leave, it was Nnamdi Azikiwe that offered them a majority in the parliament of the first republic that enabled them not to go and create a Northerrn Republic of Nigeria.

3) The 1950 masacre of Igbos in Kaduna even before Independence was done by Northerners without any provocation.

4) Nnamdi Azikiwe won an election free and square but your yoruba people and the North started cross carpeting, prompting the first coup in Nigeria history that featured igbos and yoruba officers.

5) Hatred in Nigeria for other tribes was started by The Sadaruna and Awolowo go view the videos on youtube and recently Oba of Lagos

6) Even after the coup carried out by the North, they wanted t leave but was persuaded to stay by the oil in the East.

7)The pogrom of Ndiigbo and mutiny in the Army followed by attack on Cross River led to Ojukwu invasion of the midwest

coolThe Abori Accord was a compromise to create confederation that Gowon agreed but did not enforce.

9) Awolowo policy of starvation killed 3million people during the biafra war.

10) Instead of a marshal plan, Awolowo gave Ndiigbo #20 from all the money in their bank account. Wat did he do with the rest?

11) Igbos invest and explore all regions in this country but are threatened with death and eviction in the so called one Nigeria

I can go on and the list is endless. My point here is that Igbos are actually far more Nigerian than u all. Dont disturb me again.I dont like your kind for very good reason and u will do well to avoid everything that comes from me or that belongs to me including my sisters.

I have warned u, dont quote me again.

Am not trying to crucify you.....the truth is you av anything against the other tribes in Nigeria....just try to hide it whenever you come across people from such tribe. It won't do you any good. Let's try to forget the past and move on cos thinking about division will not materialise anytime soon. Calling your sister's husband a bigot.....highly unsavoury. Am sorry for quoting you anyway. Don't hold any grudge against me....drop that matchet of yours. Safe bro.

1 Like

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by jogojogo: 7:29pm On Apr 15, 2015
Alfamann:

She has said nothing but placate her husband's people. Did the she goat ask about how all those Lagos developments came about. The finance and the manpower?

If it is yorubaland, let them develop it with their own resources. Why come down to South East and beg for oil?

You are a fool! Even before the discovery of oil, Lagos was by far more developed than the evil forest you come from.
Oil in the South East? Ok.....as if there are no oil wells in the southwest.

Maggot, creep out here!

2 Likes

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by jogojogo: 7:42pm On Apr 15, 2015
waternogetemeny:

Again, u need to stop quoting as u are totally empty and devoid of reason. If not for the good heart of my fore fathers their wouldnt be a Nigeria in the first place.

1) Igbos fought with the colonialist to liberate Nigeria even wen the Northerners wanted to remain under colonial rule.

2) They believed so much in the black african brotherhood that whilst the north wanted to leave, it was Nnamdi Azikiwe that offered them a majority in the parliament of the first republic that enabled them not to go and create a Northerrn Republic of Nigeria.

3) The 1950 masacre of Igbos in Kaduna even before Independence was done by Northerners without any provocation.

4) Nnamdi Azikiwe won an election free and square but your yoruba people and the North started cross carpeting, prompting the first coup in Nigeria history that featured igbos and yoruba officers.

5) Hatred in Nigeria for other tribes was started by The Sadaruna and Awolowo go view the videos on youtube and recently Oba of Lagos

6) Even after the coup carried out by the North, they wanted t leave but was persuaded to stay by the oil in the East.

7)The pogrom of Ndiigbo and mutiny in the Army followed by attack on Cross River led to Ojukwu invasion of the midwest

coolThe Abori Accord was a compromise to create confederation that Gowon agreed but did not enforce.

9) Awolowo policy of starvation killed 3million people during the biafra war.

10) Instead of a marshal plan, Awolowo gave Ndiigbo #20 from all the money in their bank account. Wat did he do with the rest?

11) Igbos invest and explore all regions in this country but are threatened with death and eviction in the so called one Nigeria

I can go on and the list is endless. My point here is that Igbos are actually far more Nigerian than u all. Dont disturb me again.I dont like your kind for very good reason and u will do well to avoid everything that comes from me or that belongs to me including my sisters.

I have warned u, dont quote me again.

Rantings of a maggot!

1 Like

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by ernecy(m): 7:54pm On Apr 15, 2015
Wonderful post, I really admire her write up, please let's try to understand and respect one another. There is Need to kick against tribalism before it tears us apart.

#SayNoToTribalism
Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by Ela59: 8:30pm On Apr 15, 2015
Alfamann:

She has said nothing but placate her husband's people. Did the she goat ask about how all those Lagos developments came about. The finance and the manpower?

If it is yorubaland, let them develop it with their own resources. Why come down to South East and beg for oil?
Which oil are you talking about?
Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by Alfamann: 8:31pm On Apr 15, 2015
Ela59:
Which oil are you talking about?

Biafran oil.
Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by emmysoftyou: 9:09pm On Apr 15, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
I have said it several times that it makes no sense calling Lagos a no-man's-land. It is very disrespectful and provocative. What we need is mutual respect to live together. My people should stop all these silly talk of taking over Lagos, that they feed the Yoruba, that others are lazy, all these rubbish don't make any sense.

I also do no support when Yorubas say they are 'accomodating' us. How exactly do they 'accommodate# us? We pay for lands we get, we pay rents for our houses and shops/office spaces, we pay our taxes and all that so I just don't get it. Do they give us these things for free? If they do then they can say they are 'accommodating' us but as far as I know, that statement makes no sense. I can't imagine a british telling another british that he is being 'accommodated' in his own country. embarassed Only in Nigeria will you hear such!

That said, I don't see any need for this unnecessary dislike towards the Yoruba. As far as I know, they are a nice group of people and very wise too. Tribalism cuts across all tribes so let us all not single out a particular tribe. I have lived in the North, SE & SW and I can tell you that I noticed tribalism amongst the Hausa, Yorubas and Igbos! shocked shocked

One love to all. cool
bro..2000likes for yu biko...
Yu too much...cheesy

In my previous comments on nairaland,i always wanted to correct
the impression of lagos as a no man's land but i dont seem to ve the time
to start explaining things to my igbos brothers from the east who carried such provocative and annoying impression
of lagos as a no mans land...embarassed

It s bad and very annoying...

Abeg,...lagos belongs to the yorubas whether by promixity or not,
they own it,yes they own it whether they re aworis or eguns,or not they still own it...ok..
Pls my igbos brothers desist from such annoying talks.

And the yorubas too re not left out,
yu always make me forget the meaning of accomodation whenever you mention that word accomodation cos i ve live in akwa ibom,crossriver,edo,delta and lagos state and i ve also bought a land in mowe,lagos-ibadan exp way..

No single one person gave me free meal,free house,free clothes and
free accomodation,i paid for it,my papa paid for it,my grand papa paid for it and
my friends papa paid their own too and my igbos brothers paid for their own too...
yes they did cos i witnessed it...
No one from the southwest,southsouth or northeast provides anything for us at all..
we rise above hardship and tribulations and move on to conquer what was stolen from us before or in the past,that is our properties and investment which God has blessed us in sevenfold...cheesy

Pls am responsible for what i write here now but am not responsible on how yu want to interprets it..
But
Desist from hatred talks.....

One love....cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by Nobody: 9:40pm On Apr 15, 2015
the letter is too damn long!
Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by Nobody: 11:25pm On Apr 15, 2015
Before independence the colonialists had centers of administration all over the country. It was not built for the glory of the indigenes but for the convenience of the colonialists for tax and exploitation, but when the colonialists were kicked out the new nation built its capital for its own glory not as centers of tax and exploitation for the colonialist. The British did not and would never have built them such a befitting capital to give them a sense of pride. That capital is named Washington D.C and that nation was the United States of America. Same with Calabar and Lagos.
theV0ice:

And it's simply because the name Nigeria wasn't yet given then

Hope Calabar as capital of the Niger Coast Protectorate, Southern Protectorate and Oil River Protectorate ring some bells?

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by Nobody: 11:29pm On Apr 15, 2015
Before independence the colonialists had centers of administration all over the country. It was not built for the glory of the indigenes but for the convenience of the colonialists for tax and exploitation, but when the colonialists were kicked out the new nation built its capital for its own glory not as centers of tax and exploitation for the colonialists. The British did not and would never have built them such a befitting capital to give them a sense of pride. That capital is named Washington D.C and that nation was the United States of America. Same with Calabar and Lagos and Lokoja and Abuja
Super1Star:

What makes a capital one if not being the centre of administration?

Lokoja and Calabar are capitals of Northern and Southern protectorates, therefore they are in the league of Abuja and Lagos, I'm as much as the functional units of Nigeria are embedded in the amalgamated protectorates.
Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by bilaal29: 11:33pm On Apr 15, 2015
cooljude:
i don't think what Chimamanda wrote was tribalistic.
have you read any of her novels?
Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by martineverest(m): 12:18am On Apr 16, 2015
Very correct
PassingShot:

With due respect, I disagree with the bolded part of your post.

Tell me Igbos are industrious, I will agree. Tell me they are adventurous, I will agree. But tell me they're relatively peaceful, it is a hell "NO".

1 Like

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by ikeyman00(m): 1:10am On Apr 16, 2015
@@
Rubbish.

Wat does she know.

We want Biafra and it's that simple

Crazy lady she is

I doubt she is real igbo. Her blood might have some hausa fulani gene

Black people hate the truth so much
Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by ikeyman00(m): 1:16am On Apr 16, 2015
@@

As far as Nigeria exists any igbo man that entertain these rubbish is evil.

Not long ago some senator from Zamfara or somewhere in the north was saying the oil in east belongs to them hell didnt fall.

Where were these people then.
G
Mad mad People
Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by cheruv: 1:19am On Apr 16, 2015
dandoki:
I thought the Igbos say they are the Israelites lost tribe of Gad. They should pack up and go to Israel. We could use the entire SE for a big oil palm plantation and nobody would be afraid of being drowned in the lagoon!!
shameless!!
yea the king of zamfara in 1803 confirmed to some white explorers that Igbos were the lost tribe but we're not going anywhere! stretch out your hand towards the SE + Anioma region and ve me cut off your hand.
if you think highly of yourself, we could've a rematch of the Biafran war cheesy
Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by NumberOne2(m): 2:07am On Apr 16, 2015
I'm sorry for. . .

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by Funjosh(m): 4:11am On Apr 16, 2015
what I dislike most is the "No man's land" phrase.
Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by Ela59: 6:11am On Apr 16, 2015
Alfamann:

Biafran oil.
Red or White? Those are not enough to make a country. In short if you're talking about crude oil, your unborn country still depend on another man resources. Note, 65percent igbo and hausa believed in staying in another man land to makes wealth than home, why 30percent or yoruba also do thesame because they are scare from the unknow issue, you force a deltan and bayelsa man to introduce their selves with tribe because they are all covered by the dominances af deltan ibos and ph. So with all these refrences my country will surely STAND!!! Nigeria i love.
Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by Nobody: 6:30am On Apr 16, 2015
Ela59:
Red or White? Those are not enough to make a country. In short if you're talking about crude oil, your unborn country still depend on another man resources. Note, 65percent igbo and hausa believed in staying in another man land to makes wealth than home, why 30percent or yoruba also do thesame because they are scare from the unknow issue, you force a deltan and bayelsa man to introduce their selves with tribe because they are all covered by the dominances af deltan ibos and ph. So with all these refrences my country will surely STAND!!! Nigeria i love.
wat are u talking abt...
Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by Ela59: 6:32am On Apr 16, 2015
cheruv:

shameless!!
yea the king of zamfara in 1803 confirmed to some white explorers that Igbos were the lost tribe but we're not going anywhere! stretch out your hand towards the SE + Anioma region and ve me cut off your hand.
if you think highly of yourself, we could've a rematch of the Biafran war cheesy
In Biafra i laugh; A country that failed and wasted many young vibrant, strong looking IBO guys and defeated with hunger. God will we stand sha.
Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by dotmanxp(m): 7:11am On Apr 16, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
I have said it several times that it makes no sense calling Lagos a no-man's-land. It is very disrespectful and provocative. What we need is mutual respect to live together. My people should stop all these silly talk of taking over Lagos, that they feed the Yoruba, that others are lazy, all these rubbish don't make any sense.

I also do no support when Yorubas say they are 'accomodating' us. How exactly do they 'accommodate# us? We pay for lands we get, we pay rents for our houses and shops/office spaces, we pay our taxes and all that so I just don't get it. Do they give us these things for free? If they do then they can say they are 'accommodating' us but as far as I know, that statement makes no sense. I can't imagine a british telling another british that he is being 'accommodated' in his own country. embarassed Only in Nigeria will you hear such!

That said, I don't see any need for this unnecessary dislike towards the Yoruba. As far as I know, they are a nice group of people and very wise too. Tribalism cuts across all tribes so let us all not single out a particular tribe. I have lived in the North, SE & SW and I can tell you that I noticed tribalism amongst the Hausa, Yorubas and Igbos! shocked shocked

One love to all. cool
I for kiss u, but I no be gay.
Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by theV0ice: 7:36am On Apr 16, 2015
thotsofnaij:
Before independence the colonialists had centers of administration all over the country. It was not built for the glory of the indigenes but for the convenience of the colonialists for tax and exploitation, but when the colonialists were kicked out the new nation built its capital for its own glory not as centers of tax and exploitation for the colonialist. The British did not and would never have built them such a befitting capital to give them a sense of pride. That capital is named Washington D.C and that nation was the United States of America. Same with Calabar and Lagos.

And you assume that all what you wrote up there justifies the tag of 'no man's land' on Lagos but not on calabar or lokoja?
Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by pussyphilia(m): 8:39am On Apr 16, 2015
This lady is one the outcasts sold to the "ofe mmanu" people. So she's got to write anything to placate her slavemasters!

If I catch any of my sisters bring in one useless yorobarrr man say she won marry. Na better slap I go take pursue them comot. Them no go try am sef because na dem hate yorobarrr pass me sef.
Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by Ihuomadinihu: 9:54am On Apr 16, 2015
Chimamanda has put Nigerian novel on the map and accomplished a lot for Nigeria. She is an authority and when she speaks,people can't ignore her.
Who is Ijeoma Ozichi?
Some people seek relevance in odd places!

3 Likes

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by chernest2002: 10:31am On Apr 16, 2015
Lord luguard and his fellow criminals have been wasting our time and resources since 1914.
Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by akinszz: 12:39pm On Apr 16, 2015
No matter how cunny yieboes are yoruba will always outsmart them.
Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 16, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:
Chimamanda has put Nigerian novel on the map and accomplished a lot for Nigeria. She is an authority and when she speaks,people can't ignore her.
Who is Ijeoma Ozichi?
Some people seek relevance in odd places!

Mz Adichie just made Time Magazine' s 100 Most Influential People
Maybe they will post it on Nairaland next week
Hehehehehehehe
Cheers

1 Like

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by xdos(m): 2:29pm On Apr 16, 2015
I think people should dedicate their time thinking on how to better their lives than seat here talking tribalism and cursing one another... I don't understand how when we meet in a white man's country, we remember we are brothers but in our own country, we attack each each other....
That is why I am of the opinion that 'state of origin' should be scraped... As long as it stays there, we'll keep bin divided... Let it be state of birth... If I ve my child in Kaduna, my child should ve same rights as those from there...

A house divided against itself cannot stand... The earlier we realize this, the better for us all..

#P#PEACEOUT
Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by afrodoc2: 3:47pm On Apr 16, 2015
Amack:
you try by marrying a yoruba. nwoke agwugo na ala igbo. my teacher always told us not to associate or trust the yorubas. she gave us an e.g, she said as yorubas cap bend to any side you face it that's how there life is. she warn us that if yoruba man ask you to stay, run and he ask you to run, stay. that why if we call you (okpu yoruba) that's yoruba cap, in our school. People will start seeing you as a saboteur.

LOL whilst others went to school to learn physics, chemistry, economics e.t.c you went to learn tribalism.
Shame on you and more shame on your teacher.
Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by Ximenes45(m): 4:42pm On Apr 16, 2015
macof:

How many are willing to let go of their ethnic identity and adopt something imaginary

Lolz! The Gospel Truth is None!! grin
Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by macof(m): 6:00pm On Apr 16, 2015
Ximenes45:

Lolz! The Gospel Truth is None!! grin

You see,.so there's no sense in saying we are one in Nigeria..that's the biggest lie

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

BOVAS Filling Station Switches Price As Authorities Announce New PMS Pump Price / Cattle Rustlers Killed By Troops In Zamfara (Graphic Photos) / GEJ Hates The Yorubas Says This Newspaper Advert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.