Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,537 members, 7,885,202 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 05:22 AM

Mother Inlaw Threathens Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mother Inlaw Threathens Marriage (979 Views)

I'm I being rude to my mother Inlaw. / My Mother Inlaw Wants To Bath With Me / My Mother Inlaw Caught Me Kissing My Wife's Friend in our washroom. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mother Inlaw Threathens Marriage by arshy(m): 1:56pm On Jan 29, 2009
Hello house,
A friend of mine got married about three months ago, and he is facing a lot of hardship in the marriage due to the influence of his mother inlaw on the marriage.
He told me that his wife and her mum are so stuck together to the extent that his wife always tell her mum everything they do in their house, and this is really upsetting ma guy as he hardly take a decision in the house w/out his mother in-law influencing it. Those he said the woman is nice only that the love she has for her daughter is now telling on his home.
How do u think he should go about this issue as he does not want to offend his mother in-law?
Re: Mother Inlaw Threathens Marriage by lovereigns(f): 2:10pm On Jan 29, 2009
Well,your friend wont tell me that he has not seen the traces of that habit in his wife before they got married.
Not too late sha,all he needs do is to talk it out with his wify,it is either her mother or her husby i.e you.am a woman and right from my courting days we have made it an abomination to get a third party,such agreements helps ,let your friend confront his wife with love on this issue,i bliv she will want to keep her home,dont rush do it in love.
Re: Mother Inlaw Threathens Marriage by JJYOU: 2:22pm On Jan 29, 2009
love is blind. if the girl is young expect things like this. if the girl is asking the mom for things like decorations and interior decor telll your bobo to grow up it is not the end of the world that is what women do.

finally, tell him to learn how to love and understand his ma inlaw because he needs her on his side more than he thinks. his wife happiness depends on a healthy relationship with her mum.
lovereigns:

Well,your friend wont tell me that he has not seen the traces of that habit in his wife before they got married.
Not too late sha,all he needs do is to talk it out with his wify,it is either her mother or her husby i.e you.am a woman and right from my courting days we have made it an abomination to get a third party,such agreements helps ,let your friend confront his wife with love on this issue,i bliv she will want to keep her home,dont rush do it in love.
it may just be a small matter this bobo is already telling his friends about. he has his friends to talk to but the lady talking to her mum is a no no. God help the family
Re: Mother Inlaw Threathens Marriage by lovereigns(f): 2:42pm On Jan 29, 2009
@JJYOU It may just be a small matter this bobo is already telling his friends about.  he has his friends to talk to but the lady talking to her mum is a no no.  God help the family

no, no,i dont mean that she should talk to her mum not that, but she needs to actually know how to please her husby(her sole responsibility, cos if she does her husband will respect her) without hurting her mother.well marriage will work the way u lay the foundation,its very important,i dont hide any of my feelings from my husband neither does he ,we are very VERY OPEN ABOUT OUR FEELINGS,AND IT HELPS GREATLY.ISTEAD OF SPREADING THE NEWS THE FRIEND SHOULD SORT IT OUT WITH HIS WIFE.WISF THEM SUCCESS.
Re: Mother Inlaw Threathens Marriage by Motunmi: 2:50pm On Jan 29, 2009
I believe this lady didn't pick up this attitude overnight, she must have exhibited it while you were courting her. Since you were able to condone it at that time, I see no reason why it should be a problem now. I just cant imagine how some people reason when courting.

Well, your friend cannot just continue like that since this is just 3 months into the marriage and they're having 3rd party interference. He must correct her 'in love' otherwise, the guy will have to face "panel".

Your friend should let her know that he appreciates her mother's advise but that he'll appreciate it more if she, as your wife can think exactly like her mum or give you an opinion different from/better than her mother's opinion.

Your friend can purposely bring up an issue or a project and tell his wife that he wants to see what success the two of them can achieve on that issue/project without telling mummy so that they'll surprise mummy with it. That she should make it plain secret to her mummy.

If she can do this successfully, then she can change totally but if otherwise, you have your cross to carry ooo.

However, everything depends on how matured in mind is the lady in question.
Re: Mother Inlaw Threathens Marriage by sparta(f): 4:58pm On Jan 29, 2009
All this mummy and daddy's pet sef, they just never grow up.arrrgh!

(1) (Reply)

Babies Cosmetics / . / If You Have Evidence Of Your Wife/Husband Cheating What Should You Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.