Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,384 members, 7,961,212 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 September 2024 at 06:26 PM

Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady - Culture (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady (125190 Views)

15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) / Igbo Kwenu! Kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady / Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by agaba123(m): 10:58pm On Feb 10, 2009
Kedu ndi gbara surplus bro?
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by Nobody: 11:10pm On Feb 10, 2009
please, I would like a big basket of garden egg, I meela cool
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by presido1: 11:15pm On Feb 10, 2009
ibkaye:

please, I would like a big basket of garden egg, I meela cool
My bros was in sokoto yesterday, he will see u on wed. Don't worry about a basket of garden egg he will give lorry load. I meela.
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by Nobody: 11:16pm On Feb 10, 2009
Much appreciated Igwe cool
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by NewYorkBoi(m): 2:48am On Feb 11, 2009
One of the girls in my school is new and she just moved here from Nigeria and shes Igbo. I told her i was igbo and that i was born here, and we started talking and stuff, then we exchanged emails and we chat now. it was all going good until she started talking to me in igbo, but the bad thing is i dont know igbo, but she thinks i do. everytime she startes talking igbo i have to tell her i have to go, or i pretend my computer froze. can someone help me translate a few things or teach me some phrases or something? i plan on learning igbo soon because my parents are starting to complain how me and my siblings dont know our language, help please!!!!!!!!

what does this mean? she typed this more then once, is she telling me am i igbo or something?

Nne ina su igbo?

what would i reply?
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by agaba123(m): 12:12pm On Feb 11, 2009
I guess 'Nne I na-asu igbo' was meant for a woman.
However, it means 'woman, are you speaking Igbo?' (are you the girl and he is the boi?)

The Nne there translated literily will be mother but in the context, it is an affectionate or polite way of talking to a girl esp in this context.

Probably she wanted to say 'nna' instead of 'nne'. In that case case, it would mean, 'boy, are you speaking Igbo'.

If she wrote ', i ma asu igbo?' It would have meant, 'do youn know how to speak Igbo? or do you speak Igbo.

Hope this helps.
Igbo ndewonu.
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by presido1: 1:29pm On Feb 11, 2009
"nne I na Asu Igbo" Means "Gyl do u speak Igbo"?
Are u speaking Igbo Means "Isu ga Igbo"

"I'ma asu igbo" and "I'na asu igbo" putara otu ihe.(one meaning)

Agaba odika felimbobo achigharia la gi brain grin grin grin. Dont worry ifyP ga aha zi the brain back.
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by Ikomi(m): 3:08pm On Feb 11, 2009
NewYorkBoi:

Nne ina su igbo?

what would i reply?

They are all telling u wrong.

Nne ina su Igbo = Lady do u pound Ganja?

Its more of a question. I guess u know wat to answer now? angry
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by otele(m): 4:30pm On Feb 11, 2009
lol, ikomi, o gi wu correct onye igbo ngaa

felicia arapula uburu agaba grin grin grin grin
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by ifyalways(f): 4:37pm On Feb 11, 2009
cry cry cry cry cry
@Otele owu gini na eme gi?Felicia mgbe m ka no ndu?took kiaful oooo
Felicia rhymes and rolls with Tosh na Romoe.
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by otele(m): 4:47pm On Feb 11, 2009
then owu overdose kupuru uburu agaba grin grin
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by romeo(m): 4:48pm On Feb 11, 2009
presido1:

"nne I na Asu Igbo" Means "Gyl do u speak Igbo"?
Are u speaking Igbo Means "Isu ga Igbo"

"I'ma asu igbo" and "I'na asu igbo" putara otu ihe.(one meaning)

Agaba odika felimbobo achigharia la gi brain grin grin grin. Dont worry ifyP ga aha zi the brain back.

Presido mechionu ebe ahu i noo!!  tongue tongue

Are you speaking igbo? WTF?
Do you speak Igbo = I na asu Igbo
I ma asu igbo = Can you speak Igbo

"Isu ga Igbo" wtf is that? Or would you prefer my Enugu dialect? Inukwa anu asusu be anyi= Do you understand Igbo

Agaba i di correct  cheesy cheesy cheesy

ifyalways:

cry cry cry cry cry
@Otele owu gini na eme gi?Felicia mgbe m ka no ndu?took kiaful oooo
Felicia rhymes and rolls with Tosh na Romoe.

cheesy cheesy cheesy Onweghi ihe jikoro m na Felimbombo shocked
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by ifyalways(f): 4:55pm On Feb 11, 2009
Pres does not only suola igbo (pound igbo) but also smokes igbo so Romy,dont waste your precious oge with him.
a nam acho eze umunwoke m,eze umunwokem,eze umunwoke m cry
@Romy,i do,i do forever.i doooooooooooooooooooooo,i do kiss
mmadu dum,hi angry
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by romeo(m): 6:14pm On Feb 11, 2009
ifyalways:

Pres does not only suola igbo (pound igbo) but also smokes igbo so Romy,dont waste your precious oge with him.
a nam acho eze umunwoke m,eze umunwokem,eze umunwoke m cry
@Romy,i do,i do forever.i doooooooooooooooooooooo,i do kiss
mmadu dum,hi angry

I dooo toooooooooooo kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by toshmann(m): 7:28pm On Feb 11, 2009
kedu onye na acho m? ify, ifyyyyy, ifyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, olee ebe igara. ify jiri nwayo n'eme ihe a gi na faketan n'eme. unu mefee ya oke, unu gakwa amuta onye ara ooo.

heeeeee, ekwuola m nke m.

ndi nile nakpo nwa mama aha nga, jisienu ike. nwa mama ga adi, diri umuoma, dirikwa enyi m oma agaba. hapuchaa na o na anara m umuoma n'abia my way.
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by agaba123(m): 7:54pm On Feb 11, 2009
Romeo
Daalu nna m.

Are speaking will be correct if the chap was bluring out some stuff and the babe wanted to know what he was saying. She go like ' na igbo you de blow?'

Apart from that, do you speak igbo is the right thing.

Presido, amebo 1 of nairaland grin

Tosh onye oma m

Ofo soro ibe ya ree. Umuoma director. Jisie ike

Ify iwe gi adila oku inu.
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by agaba123(m): 8:20pm On Feb 11, 2009
Tosh
O na -abu emefee ya oke, o muta ejima nwoke abuo. grin grin
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by toshmann(m): 8:42pm On Feb 11, 2009
ya wu ndi ara abuo
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by Nobody: 9:06pm On Feb 11, 2009
agara mụ ahia grin
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by romeo(m): 10:14pm On Feb 11, 2009
ibkaye:

agara mụ ahia grin

Nnoo cheesy cheesy
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by agaba123(m): 10:49pm On Feb 11, 2009
toshmann:

ya wu ndi ara abuo

ma o buru na i bu onye ara. o dika gi abuo. chei ulo ga-agba oku
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by presido1: 1:14am On Feb 12, 2009
romeo:

Presido mechionu ebe ahu i noo!! tongue tongue

Are you speaking igbo? WTF?
Do you speak Igbo = I na asu Igbo
I ma asu igbo = Can you speak Igbo

"Isu ga Igbo" wtf is that? Or would you prefer my Enugu dialect? Inukwa anu asusu be anyi= Do you understand Igbo

Agaba i di correct cheesy cheesy cheesy

cheesy cheesy cheesy Onweghi ihe jikoro m na Felimbombo shocked

Lol nwoke m onweghi ihe dika dialect no na ihe m dere biko. "Isu ga igbo" is correct igbo izugbe ask any igbo teacher no around you. "Are/were u speaking igbo" is just the meaning. If u think is wrong pls translate "are speaking igbo" for. I na asu igbo can never be are u speaking igbo.

I guess 'Nne I na-asu igbo' was meant for a woman.
However, it means 'woman, are you speaking Igbo?
'

Agaba u too take things personal grin grin
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by otukpo(f): 9:19am On Feb 12, 2009
Umu igbo, ekele m unu.

achoro m i settle okwu a an ese ebe a. I na asu igbo means do u speak igbo.

Ifyalways
Ekelem gi. Udo diri gi. E sim Lagos ede.

Ya ga ziere unu nile.
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by Ikomi(m): 11:40am On Feb 12, 2009
presido1:

Agaba u too take things personal grin grin

Agaba why are u taking things personal? Do u think Ify is ur persornal property? Comon stand straight and take things as a Genaral. Nwunye general ka Ify wu.  angry

Onye chooo owere one shot.  angry

General Agaba anam ekele gi na ilutara nwanyi mara nma like Ify for all umu Igbo. angry
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by presido1: 2:24pm On Feb 12, 2009
Ikomi:

General Agaba anam ekele gi na ilutara nwanyi mara nma like Ify for all umu Igbo. angry
Bia Ikomi kee kwanu odika insult di ihe towards ify? stop kwaa ya abegi. Ify gbahara ya maka omaghi ihe omega. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by preselect(m): 5:16pm On Feb 12, 2009
ify, okwa ima na inyechala ndi nile na threadia ihe gi, mana inyebe darfur. kedukwanu oge m ga eji abia were nke m?

ify biakene, bia zi m ihe i bu n'obi o, oyi m oma
ify biakene, bia zi m ihe i bu n'obi o, oyi m oma

ihe ibu n'obi, ihe ibu n'obi n'adi aru m mma, oyi m oma

ify ji gaa ogbete wee gota brezi, oyi m oma
ify ga agwa m reason o ji eyi brezi, oyi m oma

ara nwa ona ezo, obughi oputa opiri?

agaba piri
tosh piri
ikomi piri

onye puta opiri
ka m ga piri nke m o
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by romeo(m): 6:52pm On Feb 12, 2009
otukpo:

Umu igbo, ekele m unu.

achoro m i settle okwu a an ese ebe a. I na asu igbo means do u speak igbo.

Ifyalways
Ekelem gi. Udo diri gi. E sim Lagos ede.

Ya ga ziere unu nile.

Nne i bu nwa amala!! udo diri kwa gi too lol
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by Nobody: 8:14pm On Feb 12, 2009
Fellow igborians, I hail you kiss
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by ChinenyeN(m): 8:16pm On Feb 12, 2009
Bia, ibkaye onye bu di gi?
(who is your husband?)
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by ifyalways(f): 8:22pm On Feb 12, 2009
Otukpo dalu nne.side ebe na lagos?unu a na ahukwa abacha na akpu dat side  tongue a bum nwa ada Abia state,i bu kwanu onye ebe?a dim single online,married offline,kedu maka gi?
beware of onye a si gi noo before me.infact boyyyyyyyyyyyyyys threadia di njo.  cheesy
@agaba,o dila nma.God don save u.
@Ikomi,akpa skull gi zakwa dia  angry angry angry  kiss
Tosh,ole gi?
Darfur,bia were.  angry Bia were ihe m nyere ibe gi  angry bia were nsusu  angry
Romy,  kiss kiss kiss
Pres,i have a piece of advice for gi.  angry
Pres wepu aka na aruru ala  angry  undecided
umu igbo a din ime ozo.Toooooooooonu Jah  grin
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by Nobody: 8:29pm On Feb 12, 2009
@Chin
Hehehehe, one fine igbo guy like that grin

@Ify
Kedu kiss
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by ifyalways(f): 8:32pm On Feb 12, 2009
IBK,a din m nma. kiss
dalu for asking.,happy go-lucky girl.kedu maka di gi (how abt ur hubby?)
o na emeta kwa gi nke oma?
hope hes taking good care of u
ibk,eze umunwayi,eze umunwayi kiss

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (100)

Igbo Architecture | Ụlọ omé n'Ìgbò / Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! / The Art And Architecture Of Yorubaland!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.