Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,505 members, 7,892,058 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 05:18 AM

How Buhari Will Islamize Nigeria - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Buhari Will Islamize Nigeria (1120 Views)

"Buhari Will Bring Doom To Nigeria": Father Obimma, What Holy Spirit Told Me / Prophet Emmanuel Chukwudi: "Buhari Will Die, Nnamdi Kanu Will Be Released" / Olagorioye Faleyimu: "TB Joshua’s Death Is Near, Buhari Will Rule For 8 Years" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Buhari Will Islamize Nigeria by sergii(m): 9:21pm On Apr 16, 2015
In the campaigns leading up to the nearly concluded generals elections, one of the subtle claims of the opponents of the All Progressives Congress was that it harboured an Islamist agenda. The biggest target of that crusade was General Muhammadu Buhari, presidential candidate of APC (now President-elect) who it seems had made statements in the past indicating support for expanded application of the Sharia legal system.
Since taking his inaugural shot at Nigeria’s coveted presidency in 2003, Buhari has had to contend with a pervasive media perception of being an unbending Islamic fundamentalist. His ordeal was made even testier by the emergence of the murderous Islamist group, Boko Haram, as his opponents made a meal of linking him to the group.
By the time the ruling Peoples Democratic Party realized Buhari’s candidacy presented a distinct possibility of ousting it from power, it predictably raised the ante on the Buhari Islamization rhetoric. With generous help from a significant but sullied segment of the Christian community, many enabling documents were published to rubbish his candidacy. All those shenanigans fell far short; and the rest is up to historians and opportunistic scavengers masquerading as analysts.
So what precisely is meant by islamization of Nigeria, or put more esoterically, dipping the Qur’an in the Atlantic? I think it simply means making every Nigerian a Muslim. Is it something Buhari can pull off? Maybe. Will he actually do it? We have all of four years to find out.
Not only does the Constitution guarantee holding particular religious convictions, to propagate them within the confines of the law is a basic human right. To change or even completely dump any religious belief is also something we’re permitted to do. A Christian can elect to become Muslim, and vice versa, and anyone is at liberty to become anything, or nothing.
Will Buhari attempt to make the rest of us Muslims? I’d actually be shocked if he didn’t. As a Christian, I’m under obligation to make every Nigerian, nay every human, a disciple of Jesus Christ. That onerous task goes by a fancy name: evangelization – the Christian equivalent of Islamization.
Here is how I think a President Buhari will go about his Islamization initiative as encapsulated in this tale.
Story is told of a young man who had come to a decision to become a Christian or a Muslim. Having been inundated with competing claims from both sides, he came up with an ingenious plan to aid his decision-making. Using his reputation as a conscientious worker as leverage, he secured a job as a domestic servant of a Christian missionary living in his community.
In the months he worked for her, he took note of her every conduct especially her response to situations that didn’t fit her expectation. He was particularly curious to know how she fared under extreme provocation. By the time he felt he had known enough about Christian character and living, he was able to secure another job with a prominent Muslim in the community. On informing his boss of his intention to leave, she asked to know why, and he told her. Thinking it was a matter of remuneration, she offered to substantially raise his wages. At this juncture, his intimated her of the real reason he’d come to work for her in the first place: to discover first-hand how a Christian lived. Having gathered enough information, it was time to repeat the experience on the other side of the religious divide so he could come to an informed decision.
So I think Buhari will try to islamize Nigeria by behaving very well as President. And if you ask me, that’ll be quite a proper and progressive way to proselytize.
Goodluck Jonathan has had more than 4 years to strut his stuff and we’re all grateful beneficiaries of his legendary humility and equanimity. I assume legions have already signed up to Christianity on account of his unassailable testimonial.
It is only fair that Buhari be allowed to put up his own performance. Hopefully by 2019, the gates of Islam in Nigeria will be jammed with desperate prospective adherents. That’s the sort of islamization we deserve.
So General Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR: it’s your call. The stage is all yours!

OLUGU OLUGU ORJI mnia
nnanta2012@gmail.com
oluguorji.

Re: How Buhari Will Islamize Nigeria by Nobody: 9:23pm On Apr 16, 2015
well since the poster below me has run out of idea let's hear what the TTC have to say
Re: How Buhari Will Islamize Nigeria by Beesluv: 9:26pm On Apr 16, 2015
The poster above me has said it all
Re: How Buhari Will Islamize Nigeria by kristonium(m): 9:28pm On Apr 16, 2015
now clap for yourself!
Re: How Buhari Will Islamize Nigeria by Beesluv: 9:31pm On Apr 16, 2015
Has he converted his cook

Its only shallow minded People that will believe that.
Nigeria is not a small country and we are different arms/tiers of govt. They cannot all think the same well
Re: How Buhari Will Islamize Nigeria by Idrismusty97(m): 9:36pm On Apr 16, 2015
I can't even get myself to read the first line. Maybe because i am used to such bullshîts even before the election. OP you know where to shove this well written thrash into right?
Re: How Buhari Will Islamize Nigeria by Nokiae5: 9:44pm On Apr 16, 2015
sergii:
In the campaigns leading up to the nearly concluded generals elections, one of the subtle claims of the opponents of the All Progressives Congress was that it harboured an Islamist agenda. The biggest target of that crusade was General Muhammadu Buhari, presidential candidate of APC (now President-elect) who it seems had made statements in the past indicating support for expanded application of the Sharia legal system.
Since taking his inaugural shot at Nigeria’s coveted presidency in 2003, Buhari has had to contend with a pervasive media perception of being an unbending Islamic fundamentalist. His ordeal was made even testier by the emergence of the murderous Islamist group, Boko Haram, as his opponents made a meal of linking him to the group.
By the time the ruling Peoples Democratic Party realized Buhari’s candidacy presented a distinct possibility of ousting it from power, it predictably raised the ante on the Buhari Islamization rhetoric. With generous help from a significant but sullied segment of the Christian community, many enabling documents were published to rubbish his candidacy. All those shenanigans fell far short; and the rest is up to historians and opportunistic scavengers masquerading as analysts.
So what precisely is meant by islamization of Nigeria, or put more esoterically, dipping the Qur’an in the Atlantic? I think it simply means making every Nigerian a Muslim. Is it something Buhari can pull off? Maybe. Will he actually do it? We have all of four years to find out.
Not only does the Constitution guarantee holding particular religious convictions, to propagate them within the confines of the law is a basic human right. To change or even completely dump any religious belief is also something we’re permitted to do. A Christian can elect to become Muslim, and vice versa, and anyone is at liberty to become anything, or nothing.
Will Buhari attempt to make the rest of us Muslims? I’d actually be shocked if he didn’t. As a Christian, I’m under obligation to make every Nigerian, nay every human, a disciple of Jesus Christ. That onerous task goes by a fancy name: evangelization – the Christian equivalent of Islamization.
Here is how I think a President Buhari will go about his Islamization initiative as encapsulated in this tale.
Story is told of a young man who had come to a decision to become a Christian or a Muslim. Having been inundated with competing claims from both sides, he came up with an ingenious plan to aid his decision-making. Using his reputation as a conscientious worker as leverage, he secured a job as a domestic servant of a Christian missionary living in his community.
In the months he worked for her, he took note of her every conduct especially her response to situations that didn’t fit her expectation. He was particularly curious to know how she fared under extreme provocation. By the time he felt he had known enough about Christian character and living, he was able to secure another job with a prominent Muslim in the community. On informing his boss of his intention to leave, she asked to know why, and he told her. Thinking it was a matter of remuneration, she offered to substantially raise his wages. At this juncture, his intimated her of the real reason he’d come to work for her in the first place: to discover first-hand how a Christian lived. Having gathered enough information, it was time to repeat the experience on the other side of the religious divide so he could come to an informed decision.
So I think Buhari will try to islamize Nigeria by behaving very well as President. And if you ask me, that’ll be quite a proper and progressive way to proselytize.
Goodluck Jonathan has had more than 4 years to strut his stuff and we’re all grateful beneficiaries of his legendary humility and equanimity. I assume legions have already signed up to Christianity on account of his unassailable testimonial.
It is only fair that Buhari be allowed to put up his own performance. Hopefully by 2019, the gates of Islam in Nigeria will be jammed with desperate prospective adherents. That’s the sort of islamization we deserve.

OLUGU OLUGU ORJI mnia
nnanta2012@gmail.com
oluguorji.

you might be on point bro
Re: How Buhari Will Islamize Nigeria by jamex93(m): 9:46pm On Apr 16, 2015
u ppl should stop saying trash ok
Re: How Buhari Will Islamize Nigeria by Nobody: 10:45pm On Apr 16, 2015
sergii:

OLUGU OLUGU ORJI mnia
nnanta2012@gmail.com
oluguorji.

No source?

(1) (Reply)

Why Was Jesus Christ Called The Son Of God?. / Malachi 3:10 Versus Micah 3:11 / Atheist And Agnostics, How Do U Console A Friend That Has Lost A Love One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.