Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,822 members, 7,906,028 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 12:16 AM

Car Delays Before Responding To The Gas Pedal: Advise - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Delays Before Responding To The Gas Pedal: Advise (927 Views)

Car News: Auto Supplier Bosch Introduces Smart Gas Pedal / Car Security: Electronic Security Or Pedal Lock Which Is Best / My Brake Pedal Makes Some Noise Anytime Its pressed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Delays Before Responding To The Gas Pedal: Advise by babeface3: 10:15pm On Apr 16, 2015
My Nissan Extera delays before responding to accelerate when I march the throttle and then takes off abruptly like an aircraft leaving the tar mark.

Anyone knows the remedy to this?

1 Like

Re: Car Delays Before Responding To The Gas Pedal: Advise by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:53pm On Apr 16, 2015
babeface3:
My Nissan Extera delays before responding to accelerate when I march the throttle and then takes off abruptly like an aircraft leaving the tar mark.

Anyone knows the remedy to this?

Scan vehicle post codes here. If in lagos for comprehensive vehicle car scan call 08023251039
Re: Car Delays Before Responding To The Gas Pedal: Advise by sultaan(m): 11:43pm On Apr 16, 2015
Try cleaning the throttle body then clean and lubricate the throttle cable and actuator
Re: Car Delays Before Responding To The Gas Pedal: Advise by disloman(m): 7:53am On Apr 17, 2015
sultaan:
Try cleaning the throttle body then clean and lubricate the throttle cable and actuator
It is not right.@Op:Let a professional handles d car.Scan as GAZZUS had advised.
Re: Car Delays Before Responding To The Gas Pedal: Advise by Nobody: 10:20pm On Apr 18, 2015
Happened to me b4, probably timing chain needs adjustment
Re: Car Delays Before Responding To The Gas Pedal: Advise by sultaan(m): 3:50am On Apr 19, 2015
disloman:
It is not right.@Op:Let a professional handles d car.Scan as GAZZUS had advised.

Why not right, what is wrong with my recommendation?

when you press the accelerator it pulls the cable that opens the butterfly valve in the throttle both any build up in this mechanism can cause the same effect when the valve breaks open.

Throttle body cleaner and a dash wd-40 on the cable is perfectly safe and expected to be done as car gets older nothing new

(1) (Reply)

Check Engine On Dashboard / When Buying A Used Car, What Papers (documents) Do I Get From The Owner / How To Install Wheel Covers (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.